Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 12

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AWWW!!!! Mathilde looks gorgeous!!!:)--And little Elisabeth is starting to look like here mom...and Gabriel!!!!--How handsome! :wub: :flowers:

the kids look adorable!!! :wub: and i love the matching outfits..... :flowers:

does anyone know what level they are in school? sorry i'm not familiar with the school system of belgium... in our country, we usually start sending the kids (3-4y/o) to nursery. 5-6y/o to kindergarden, then to grade school at 7y/o.

Last edited:
Those are two of the cutest kids I've ever seen. I love Mathilde's skirt....that's a good color on her.

HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh attends a Parade and Reception to mark the 350th Anniversary of the Grenadier Guards in Bruges today. Prince Philip is the Colonel of this regiment.
He is flanked by the Duke of Brabant, Prince Philippe of Belgium.

The Grenadier Guards is one of the oldest and most famous regiments in the British Army. It was raised in Bruges (Flanders, now a part of Belgium) in the year 1656 by the exile King Charles II.
And this is what the grenadier guards’ homepage reports about it.
The life of the Regiment began in Flanders. At many times in the last three hundred years the towns and villages of the Low Countries have been familiar to men of the 1st Guards. They fought in 1658, and again in 1940, against great odds, on the road between Furnes and Dunkirk. Under the great Duke of Marlborough they bore their part in the victories of Ramillies, Oudenarde and Malplaquet. At Waterloo in 1815 they won their name, a name to which great honour was added a century later in the mud and suffering of the Western Front. In 1944 they entered Brussels at the head of a victorious British Army. They have returned gloriously many times to Flanders, and in Flanders they were first formed.
King Charles II was in exile, and England lay under the military dictatorship of Cromwell, the Lord Protector. In May of that year [1656] the King formed his Royal Regiment of Guards at Bruges, under the Colonelcy of Lord Wentworth. The Regiment was first recruited from the loyal men who had followed their King into exile rather than live under tyranny, and their reward came in 1660 when the King was restored to his throne…..
Since its formation the Regiment has fought in almost every major campaign of the British Army. It fought against the Moors at Tangiers (1680) and in America (1776-82) and even took part as Marines in the naval wars against the Dutch (1793). They also fought in the Napoleonic Wars, Waterloo (1815), Crimea (1854-56). Tel-el-Kebir (1882) the Boer War (1899-1902) and both World Wars.

A short news clip featuring this parade can be found here (go to Vrijdag 08/09, laat, it starts at about 19:30 min running time)

Last edited:
Princess Mathilde attends the Brussels Circus School's 25th anniversary gala on September 8, 2006 in Brussels, Belgium. (Photos by Mark Renders/Getty Images)

And some pics from belga/FRANCOIS WALSCHAERTS, for several more click here
I guess Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel will be impressed by their mother’s new diabolo skills;)

Last edited:
These are lovely photos, Johann -- this girl manages to look elegant even playing with toys at a circus! In several of the above posts, I see Machteld (partially in view) behind Mathilde. Is she still working with the Princess?

Beautiful and simple jewels!!! Lovel!!! Mathilde looks fantastic.

Emily said:
These are lovely photos, Johann -- this girl manages to look elegant even playing with toys at a circus! In several of the above posts, I see Machteld (partially in view) behind Mathilde. Is she still working with the Princess?
Yes, Machteld Fostier is still the advisor of Mathilde. According to the court´s press statement she will leave in the end of September and start her new job in October.
Machteld and Mathilde formed a brilliant team. And Machteld even has an eye for the last detail. In the third pic (taken in Bruges this year) you can even see her adjusting Mathilde´s pony tail. I guess they are closely connected.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] (Source: seegerpress/Belga)
BTW I was to optimistic about Mathilde´s diabolo skills. Her little ones will be unimpressed. Her first attempts can be seen in this news clip http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm (go to Zaterdag09/09, 13 uur, it starts at about 20 min run time)
Mathilde tried mightily to cause the spool to spin and jokingly warned the other guests of a kick in the teeth. Well, she obviously failed, frankly admits this and sums up that she has to take some lessons in the circus school.

Last edited:
alexandresylvie said:
Any photos, Prince Philip and Prince Philippe ?:mad:
This is what I could find so far. But maybe you can try and find some better ones?
Prince Philip and Prince Philippe signed Bruges´ “Golden Book” directly after watching the parade. The Duke of Edinburgh was impressed by the beauty of Bruges and said he would love to return someday and discover the city without haste (which is a good idea - it’s magnificent there).
Source: stadsomroep.com

This may be a very silly thing to say, but when I think of a guardian angel, it(she) has the face of Mathilde.

iloveroyals said:
This may be a very silly thing to say, but when I think of a guardian angel, it(she) has the face of Mathilde.

I can see why, she is so sweet, her face and her expressions are always so kind and gentle.:)

That is so cute...about Machteld fixing Mathilde's pony tail...

This thread has reached its 10 pages.

Thank you all for your contribution, and we look forward seeing you on the new thread, which you can find here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom