Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Lord that hair is just awful, it's manly, ugly and just deeply unattractive. The gown too is horrible.

Everybody has her taste, I don't find her hair ugly, her hair is perhaps a little short but not awful, I prefer short hair like the hair of Charlene than long hair of some princesses her dress is beautiful and not boring
Her earings are stumming as use Charlene is very beautiful

https://www.profimedia.cz/0322283463?ws=2&s=sp.Princess+Charlene

AMREF is an association which is supporting the african doctors
To morrow, she will attend the 'prix princesse Charlene de Monaco, charity Mile' at Cagnes sur Mer
This is a big event in France and the first charity mile ,
It was her idea to create this charity event , there will be 18 associations , each horse has his association

Last edited by a moderator:

Here are some more pics from yesterday:

** gettyimages gallery **

** fb gallery: Gala de l’AMREF Flying Doctors **

On the facebook entry Charlene's speech was shared:

It is great to be with you all this evening in this beautiful venue to raise funds for the Kilifi Project. As you know, I care passionately about putting an end to drowning. It is excellent to be working in partnership with the AMREF Flying Doctors and I thank everyone here for supporting this exciting initiative. Currently we are working in six schools in Kenya – delivering programmes in hygiene education, learn to swim and water safety.
As we enter phase two of the project we are now looking to consolidate and expand our work in the region. Together we will save lives.
Thank you

Last edited:
Re the AMREF Gala. In my opinion Princess Charlene's gown was lovely. Only someone with her carriage and wonderful swanlike neck can carry such a short hairstyle and wear such stupendous earrings!

Hm... Charlène had such beautiful hair. I hope she let it grow again.

If I was Charlène I would listen to the advice of Princess Caroline. She has always been one of Europe's most elegant ladies. That the Princess is 60 is irrelevant. Charlène is married with Princess Caroline's own brother, on his way to become 60 as well. Would that mean that Charlène should not listen to Prince Albert because he is 60?

I was just going to post the above gallery too. Lovely pictures of the event. P Charlene looked happy to be there and to award the cheques to the different charities. It is good that she keeps herself busy with her charitable work, since there seems little in the line of official duties to keep her occupied. I like this concept of pairing horses and charities - it is new and fresh. She is beginning to leave her mark in the world of charitable work.

If I was Charlène I would listen to the advice of Princess Caroline. She has always been one of Europe's most elegant ladies. That the Princess is 60 is irrelevant. Charlène is married with Princess Caroline's own brother, on his way to become 60 as well. Would that mean that Charlène should not listen to Prince Albert because he is 60?

I had exactly the same thoughts...

P Charlene has, as some posters above have pointed out, her own unique and fresh style, her own favoured designers and her own interpretation of style. She does not need the advice of P Caroline regarding fashion, who is unique in her own way.

But I fear we are veering off-topic again...

I believe the Charity Mile was a great success and the organisers hope to repeat it next year. I assume P Charlene will stay involved as it was her concept.

Duc and Pair, a husband and a sister in law, it is not the same thing, Albert is the husband of Charlene, she chose to be her wife and to live with him and to receive advices from him
Caroline is only her sister in law andif she does not want an advice from her, it is normal, Caroline has also her own style
I could say you that I prefered to have advices of my husband than my sisters of Law
As C4A, I will say she has her own unique and fresh style, her favoured designers
Some readers forget that she was stunning at the Laureus awards, at the Sainte Devote celebrations or at the national fest
Some persons like her dress as me or other persons , every body has his taste
There is a fashion board where to put the critics about her hair which have nothing to do with this charity events of friday and saturday .
All frenchmedias are speaking about the charity Mile , saying that it is a great sucess

This morning the title of the front page with a big photo of Charlene was ( the lady of hear

Some persons said on this board that Charlene did nothing that they wanted to see her as the princess of Monaco
She attended the Amref gala and she was the person who wanted to do this charity Mile, she wanted to show the associations about the welfare of the animals , about the associations who received the race horses when they did not run anymore or she wanted also show the wonderful work of these associations which care about the animals in the shelters, she wanted also to show the work of the humanitary associations of Monaco about the poor children or children who are handicaped or ill
Some persons prefer to critic the lenght of the hair of charlene than to speak about these associations, they find the subject to critic
Happily, there are some persons who give good critic about this action and this good idea which is the Charity Mile
Of course, the princesses and queens are doing good humanitary jobs but there are always comments who recognize their actions, for Charlene , there are never nothing and I have the feeling to speak in the desert.
What we get as comments apart Togram and C4A that her hair is too short or that they don't like the dress My God!!!! a lost cause here!!

I am agree not to be agree, every body has his taste and we can say it on the forum.

Charlene de Monaco : Lumineuse et généreuse sous le soleil de Cagnes-sur-mer

And apart the lenght of the hair which has nothing to to with this event, no comments on this beautiful action!!!!

On the cheque there seems to be a figure of 10 thousand euros, yet in the announcement a few months ago in this link Princess Charlene launches a French “Charity Mile” in Cagnes a possible figure of 300 thousand euros was mentioned... is the cheque of todays picture just a small part of that?
(call me snobby, but 10 thousand euros doesn't seem a lot for Monaco or the Cote d'Azur there are a number of people living there who can spend that much on for instance jewelry)

P Charlene has, as some posters above have pointed out, her own unique and fresh style, her own favoured designers and her own interpretation of style. She does not need the advice of P Caroline regarding fashion, who is unique in her own way.

But I fear we are veering off-topic again...

I believe the Charity Mile was a great success and the organisers hope to repeat it next year. I assume P Charlene will stay involved as it was her concept.

I wasn't commenting on the fashion - I've done that in the fashion thread. I just thought the comment about 60 years old was a bit odd given Albert's age.

I'm sure Charlene doesn't need Caroline's advice anymore than Caroline gives it out.

However, as you say - off topic.

As to the events, both are great causes, good to see her out and about and I'm glad to see that the remit of her organisation is broadening a bit whilst still reflecting her particular interests and concerns.

I completely agree with you!

On the cheque there seems to be a figure of 10 thousand euros, yet in the announcement a few months ago in this link Princess Charlene launches a French “Charity Mile” in Cagnes a possible figure of 300 thousand euros was mentioned... is the cheque of todays picture just a small part of that?
(call me snobby, but 10 thousand euros doesn't seem a lot for Monaco or the Cote d'Azur there are a number of people living there who can spend that much on for instance jewelry)

That a good point Lee-z!

Last edited by a moderator:

Every little helps, I suppose. Maybe as it's a new event that might reflect in the amount - it might increase over the years as it gets better known and attracts more sponsors.

According to Charlene's official Instagram a total sum of $50 000 was split between the 18 charities represented by each horse/jockey.

An aside here - not sure why her Instagram quotes in dollars not euros and who has decided it should be in English rather than bilingual.

Ah okay, that makes sense, the winner likely receiving most for their represented charity, second place a bit less etc

thanks for the info

The sum is written is euros 50000 euros in the instagram of the P Charlene

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ_PAC6B_kj/?taken-by=hshprincesscharlene

The winner received 10000 euros, the second received 6000 euros the third received 4000 euros after all the other associations received 2000 and they are 18 .
They could only give the money to the third first winners but Charlene wanted that all the associations received a sum.

I believe that the instagram is turned to the international medias

The sum is written is euros 50000 euros in the instagram of the P Charlene

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ_PAC6B_kj/?taken-by=hshprincesscharlene

The winner received 10000 euros, the second received 6000 euros the third received 4000 euros after all the other associations received 2000 and they are 18 .
They could only give the money to the third first winners but Charlene wanted that all the associations received a sum.

I believe that the instagram is turned to the international medias

On the first picture posted it says 50 000 dollars using the $ sign - maybe just a typo.

Last edited:
The dress and color are so boring! Brown is not a color who fits for her.

I read on the sites of the newspapers that it was in euros, it is a little confusing.

I like the photos of the Prix princesse Charlene de Monaco charity Mile Charlene was very radiant and at ease

The next big events are the international rugby tournament of Sainte Devote, it is the 7th tournament and it is now very known in the world of rugby for children , it willl be on march 18th
The evening, she will be present to the opening ceremony of the world cup of special olympics in Graz

I read on the sites of the newspapers that it was in euros, it is a little confusing.

I like the photos of the Prix princesse Charlene de Monaco charity Mile Charlene was very radiant and at ease

The next big events are the international rugby tournament of Sainte Devote, it is the 7th tournament and it is now very known in the world of rugby for children , it willl be on march 18th
The evening, she will be present to the opening ceremony of the world cup of special olympics in Graz

Well, it could just have been a typo or as you said her Instagram is aimed at a generally international media.

Yes, she looked good at the charity mile event - she has relaxed and is growing into her role. I just wish she didn't find French so difficult...

I like this time of year in Monaco because there are lots of events coming up.

Please can all those who always have to find fault either with what Princess Charlene is wearing, or her lipstick is too loud or her earrings are too dangling or her hair is too short; try to find something that pleases them about her and comment on it? Thank-you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom