Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty91charmed, what is 'royal things' ? Charlene is not only swimming in the pools in the entire world.
She is at the head of her foundation who have several programs one of them is very important for her , (to prevent kids from darawining ) it is getting bigger and international. There are a lot of programs 'learn to swim in many countries. this year, there is an another program based about exchange between South Africa and Monaco kids. The SA children are now in Monaco, they visited Monaco and they were received yesterday by the pupils of the college Charles III and they spoke about their country, sport, dance, musik , they asked a lesson of swimming with Princess Charlene. next july, the children of Monaco will flight to South Africa and will be also recived by children of SA. to have a foundation is not so easy. She did not receive it , She built her foundation.
Her foundation is involved with Clinton foundation.
Charlene is also involved in the fighting against autism, she meets the wife of the president Ban Kee Mooon at NY.
She is international ambassador of the special olympics ( for handicaped athlètes)

She is president of the ladies lunch
and she is co president with Desmond Tutu of the giving organisation.
She is not only in the swimming pools.

Ivan Djokovitch receives a price from Princess Charlene (twitter

https://twitter.com/NovakIndiaFans/status/588344753193820161

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I know Melina. I simply love the fact she uses what she can do best to help other, even though she has no graduation in finance, economics etc. :flowers:

One thing that I admire of her is that she uses her skill to help.It doesn't matter if she cannot do other "royal things"! She can focus on the very skill she possesses: swimming (to prevent kids from drawining). Plus, she is great with kids. Well done.

EXACTLY. She does focus on things she knows she is good at and leaves the other areas...the arts, culture and intellectual life, languages etc to the "expert" Princess Caroline. It's what I like about this glamorous but controversial family. They work well as a unit with everyone contributing something.;)

Last edited:
Good comment, Moonmaiden23 and Marty91charmed. She has found her niche in focusing her energy on the things she knows and loves: water safety and children. Other Royal ladies may have other interests/skills and they rightly focus on that. But P Charlene Is the only Royal lady so heavily involved in sports.

I might add that these boys from SA are 11 years old and they cannot swim. One of the drawbacks of growing up in an impoverished area is the lack of sporting facilities such as swimming pools with lifeguards on duty. So they swim anywhere in the very hot Summer months: dams, reservoirs, quarries, rivers. And unfortunately many youngsters drown as they are unable to swim. Teaching them to swim is a life skill that will last them throughout their lives. Good for her!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Footage of P Charlene and Novak Djokovic from the recent Laureus Sports Award. Check her reaction when he mentions becoming a father.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gaAC6DPVKRc

Lovely to see her so comfortable in this type of public duty.

Princess Charlene will preside the opening of the 55th TV festival of Monaco on june 13th.
It will be the same day that the wedding of Prince Carl philip of Sweden. She will not be present to the wedding in Sweden

ITW Festival Inside

So, is that the first time she will be presiding the festival? IIRC It was Prince Albert who had hosted th show before...

it's unbelievable that for one reason or another she has missed the last several opportunities to wear her tiara and or Order at a royal event abroad. I give her a pass with the Luxembourg wedding and the last two events in Holland as she had good excuses but missing Sweden for a festival that Caroline could have presided over the opening of I don't accept. The Swedish pre_wedding dinner is on the 12th and the wedding on the 13th. The festival opens on the 13th and runs for a number of days so she could have attended it from the 14th onwards. It's a poor exuse IMO.

Angela, bear in mind that the Mare Nostrum swimming meet will take place in Monaco on 13/14 June. As this is one of her favourite events I think she would like to attend this. Do we know if P Albert will attend the wedding in Sweden? If so, it makes sense that P Charlene will stay in Monaco to take care of events there and remain close to the babies.

Angela, I recall you that Charlene was attending the wedding of Princess Madeleine , did you forget this? She was alone because Albert had to attend a lot of events this day. This time, Charlene will not be present , I don't know if Albert will be present to the wedding od CP.
The Tv festival is a big event, each year, Prince Albert uses to be present to this festival, it was found by Prince Rainier . It is celebrating his 55th anniversary .
There will be other big events in Monaco as the Mare nostrum . There will be other events the next coming week. For the palace, the events in Monaco are more important than wedding with tiara in a foreign royalty. and it is not the excuse of Charlene .
Caroline does not want to attend the ceremony of other royalty and it was a pity that nobody of Monaco. was present for the funeral of queen Fabiola in december.and Caroline does not want to be present at the opening of these festival,

I think Caroline does enough given that she isn't actually the Princess of Monaco.

Anyway, looking at the photo of Charlene giving her speech, it looks like she is growing her hair a bit longer. Are there any more photos? Do we know what she said in her speech?

Good to see her back on duty again... I think it is very predictable that she will not be attending the wedding.... She has now very small children...

I hadn't forgotten about Maddie's wedding but though she attended she didn't stick to the dress code anyway. I know reasons are being given here for her not going but you have to remember that other royals, like Princess Mary, also work hard in their own countries and have young children but their diaries seem to be organised so that they can almost always attend the big royal events in other countries.I am already expecting her not to attend King Harald's 80th birthday celebrations next January even though there's obviously plenty of time at this stage to organise her diary to accomodate it.

The children of princess Mary are more aged now than the children of charlene, when they were baby, princess Mary stayed at home like other princesses . we cannot compare.
The duties of the princesses are not to be attending the royal events in other countries but the events in her coubtry? It is not a fairtale.
Next july, Albert and Charlene will celebrat the ten years of the reign of prince Albert and in september, at the wish of princess Charlene, there will for the first time the princess Grace Gala awards in the palace of Monaco. These events are more important than the wedding of Cp or the anniversary of king Harald .

The children of princess Mary are more aged now than the children of charlene, when they were baby, princess Mary stayed at home like other princesses . we cannot compare.
The duties of the princesses are not to be attending the royal events in other countries but the events in her coubtry? It is not a fairtale.
Next july, Albert and Charlene will celebrat the ten years of the reign of prince Albert and in september, at the wish of princess Charlene, there will for the first time the princess Grace Gala awards in the palace of Monaco. These events are more important than the wedding of Cp or the anniversary of king Harald .

It's their duty to do both, it's their duty to represent their country at home AND abroad. Duties at home of course take priority but if the date of a major foriegn event is known well in advance the domestic calendar should be organised to accomodate it if at all possible.I really do hope that we will see PC and PA in Oslo next year and if they don't go to Sweden then I hope Caroline will go in their place as she did at the Luxembourg wedding.

You don't know if prince Albert would be present and you are criticing the princess Charlene. it is too early to do it.

King Philippe and other princes will not be present to this wedding , we cannot say that they don't do their duty. A royal event is not a important event, it is a bling bling event in a monarchy. It will be only the wedding of the spare .
The annyversary of the king Harald is only a privat event with royal friends not more. Princess Caroline did not attend the wedding of princess Madeleine, Princess Charlene was present alone because Albert could not be present. Caroline did not want to be present at the enthronment of king WA of Niederland, only the heirs were invited , prince Albert hed to attend and there was nobody at the funeral of queen Fabiola, it was a pity. She did not want to attend the events of Gotha. also if the princely couple will not be present to the anniversary of king Harald, nobody of the principaly of Monaco will be present at that royal party.

other photo of today

https://twitter.com/search?q=princess%20charlene&src=typd

pricess charlene visited the maternity of Princess Grace hospital for the motherday

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1041883735824165.1073742010.286449344700945&type=3

Last edited by a moderator:
They have different priorities and their own agenda to follow.
Charlene has no doubt had these dates in her diary for a while.

Melina Premiere - How do you Caroline didn't WANT to be present. And why should she anyway?

Melina, Thank-you for sharing these wonderful pictures with us. The look on Charlene's face is something out of this world. The way she handles the babies and the expression in her eyes are so full of tenderness and maternal love. God bless her and her family.

How it shows she loves babies !!! Delightful !

Lovely pictures. I hope she was spoilt rotten too on her very first Mother's Day!

They have different priorities and their own agenda to follow.
Charlene has no doubt had these dates in her diary for a while.

Melina Premiere - How do you Caroline didn't WANT to be present. And why should she anyway?

There's nothing to suggest that Caroline wouldn't want to represent Monaco abroad as she has attended many, many weddings, funerals and anniversaries over the years. We'll see what happens in the future but it's still very nice to see PC picking up her duties again. I thought that she would give herself until after the baptism before doing this and so it seems to be the case. The pictures in the maternity wing are lovely and she looked very professional giving her speech at the Word Entrepreneur Awards.

No, there isn't any suggestion of the sort - I was questioning the twice mentioned assertion that it was a lack of will on the part of Caroline. No doubt I won't get an answer ...

Charlene's coat on her engagement at the hospital is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom