Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks iceflower, Caroline looks wonderful! :)
The little flower brooch is beautiful, not to mention quite appropriate, given the occasion.

Last edited:
I was sure she would attend, this event would not be the same without her. It´s a tradiction. Bouquets were one of her mother´s passions.

Last edited:
I want to look like her when I'll be 50! I have the same hair colour so maybe! xD

She looks marvelous as usual. What a big handbag but I love it.

She looks fantastic. I love everything. Even that animal print that i'm usually not very fond of! LOL

Princess Caroline is resplendent. That green dress, deep, intense, rich as soil, is a stroke of genius considering the occasion, the sign that she is totally in the place, bared to the utmost simplicity with only her peaceful face and radiant smile to complement it. However the abundance of the flower presentations, a current of Zen spirit seems to run through her. Does she feel she can reconnect with her mother on this occasion, a celebration of spring Princess Grace taught her to love from an early age, where I feel they really bonded, pardon the trite word? In fact, not to use too much New Age speak, but Caroline seems to have channeled her mother’s serenity in this particular place, as if spirits did indeed live in gardens. I applaud Caroline for giving dignity to the occasion, to all the people who helped make it a success, and I marvel at how much force she can project with a simple green dress. Her other outfit is a joy to watch as well. It’s like the good old days were back again.

Princess Caroline is resplendent. That green dress, deep, intense, rich as soil, is a stroke of genius considering the occasion, the sign that she is totally in the place, bared to the utmost simplicity with only her peaceful face and radiant smile to complement it. However the abundance of the flower presentations, a current of Zen spirit seems to run through her. Does she feel she can reconnect with her mother on this occasion, a celebration of spring Princess Grace taught her to love from an early age, where I feel they really bonded, pardon the trite word? In fact, not to use too much New Age speak, but Caroline seems to have channeled her mother’s serenity in this particular place, as if spirits did indeed live in gardens. I applaud Caroline for giving dignity to the occasion, to all the people who helped make it a success, and I marvel at how much force she can project with a simple green dress. Her other outfit is a joy to watch as well. It’s like the good old days were back again.

I commend your words about Princess Caroline, I could not have put it better. Thank :flowers:you

Thank you, debrann. I think that through her collaboration with the creatives and genuine interest in art in all its forms, Caroline has developed a very strong sense of colors to bring out a quintessential quality, (which makes her predilection for black a real loss for us.) Princess Diana also shared that sense, and Angelina Jolie, in Lara Croft, spent hours finding the correct hue of saffron for one of her costumes. So Caroline goes from reductive and almost (deceivingly) modest, she is a canvass, letting the décor ricochet on her to make her sparkle, or she is exuberant, she is the painting, as in the gown she wore at the last Red Cross Ball. (Much decried, I know.) Personally, I liked her daring: that outré mixture of African motifs, Miro, Matisse, and all the grand fauvists still dance in my mind.
What struck me on this occasion is that she seemed so much in control of the place. I find that the Garden Show brings out the best in her, (I remember a superb yellow dress and matching open coat she wore with Prince Ernst in the early 2000’s) but she usually looks more like a visitor and guest of honor than the genie of the place itself. Perhaps it was my early reading of a children’s book called “Prince Spring” who wore a green leotard and lived both underground and above ground as he checked on the progress of the about to bud flowers, but green, even a dark green seems ideal to epitomize the mysteries of the earth’s renewal. It heralds the abundance to come, but comes from the depths of the earth. What better symbol of secret content and fertility?
I checked for the exact name of that particular shade of green (as my screen shows it anyhow), and hunter’s green or forest green seem the closest, although I was hoping it was the Kelly green(too light).

She´s looking stunning. Thanks for the pics!

On May 7, Princess Caroline has opened the exhibition of Christine Drummond at the Galerie Ribolzi in Monaco:

** Pic **

Princess Caroline has made the annual mother's day visit to the maternity of the Princess Grace Hospital and
offered roses to new mothers today, June 1.

The pics with the baby in her arms are extra cute! :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Oh first pic is so tender! She has the most beautiful smile (natural smile :):):))

Oh first pic is so tender! She has the most beautiful smile (natural smile :):):))

Yes, the first picture is adorable. Definitely babies are « her thing ». Motherly gestures come so natural to her... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Princess Caroline at the Beach Club in Monaco a couple of days ago - I've made a scan of the German magazine die aktuelle:

** Caroline, June 2012 **

This article could cause trouble: the magazine is assuming, that PC has a serious problem with alcohol and that she was publicly drunk at the beach club!

This article could cause trouble: the magazine is assuming, that PC has a serious problem with alcohol and that she was publicly drunk at the beach club!
Well…
To quote Princess Caroline herself in the ‘Lagerfeld Confidential’ documentary from 2007, speaking while she is having her lunchtime wine:
“I should stop drinking… but then, who wants to die healthy?”
Which is, to be frank, one of the most stupid ‘wisdoms’ I have ever heard.

Well…
To quote Princess Caroline herself in the ‘Lagerfeld Confidential’ documentary from 2007, speaking while she is having her lunchtime wine:
“I should stop drinking… but then, who wants to die healthy?”
Which is, to be frank, one of the most stupid ‘wisdoms’ I have ever heard.

It depends on how many cups of wine you drink, it may result in a healthy habit.
Two cups of wine a are one of the secrets of the Mediterranean diet. One of the differences between Americans and Europeans fron the riviera is that the last drink wine, which has antioxidants, that´s why they have less cholesterol. If Caroline likes to drink, good for her if she drinks moderately. She will be cirticized of course as when she smokes.

Last edited:

The article is not even worth discussing. It comes from one of the worst German tabloids, big nonsense headlines, fairy tale stories, badly researched facts, I know it for decades now. But they often have nice photo reportages of royal events.

It looks like she is drinking soda or tea. Most people don't drink alcohol through a straw.

It looks like she is drinking soda or tea. Most people don't drink alcohol through a straw.

:lol::lol: I had a good laugh at you comment and could not agree more!

Why is everybody assuming P. Caroline is drinking alcohol? Just because she has a glass in her hand doesn't necessarily means she's having alcohol... she may very well be drinking a fruit cocktail. Quite fankly and looking closely at her glass, i could swear i'd see some pieces of fruit « swimming » inside the glass... so i guess i agree with Fanofmonaco. Besides, drinking a beer, a champagne cocktail, whatever, doesn't make an alcoholic out of you , does it? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

The article is not even worth discussing. It comes from one of the worst German tabloids, big nonsense headlines, fairy tale stories, badly researched facts, I know it for decades now. But they often have nice photo reportages of royal events.

Well, of course this "story" is made up and I know that these headlines are absurd...
But considering that PC recently lost a lawsuit against "die aktuelle" and other magazines considering her privacy, may encourage those magazines to come up with these fake stories as a revengefull provocation - may the stories be true or not.
And that's what PC might not like at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom