Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 8 : July 2005 - Aug.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
monaco70s said:
This is the second time in 3 weeks or so that he gives an interview like this. I don't understand it.

In the interview he speaks very nice about Stephanie and says she's a great mom :)

Well, perhaps there's an explaination about Daniel's grudge against Caroline, or better, according to certain press, it seemed that Daniel felt in love with Caroline when he was working as a body guard for the Grimaldi family, and that his love wasn't obviously returned.

Ianna said:
One of our magazines had a interview with Daniel in these days too..Saying basically the same things mentioned here and in Princess Stephanie's thread.

I didn't like how he had negative talk about Princess Caroline calling her snobbish all the time. What he expected? He definately didn't earn to be respected by family..Btw. so many famous people seem reserved at first sight..They're protecting themselves in that way, and beacuse of that called snobbish. If you show them that they can have confidence in you, things changes..

Only great thing in that whole interview is proving that Princess Stephanie is great mother.:)

I read in one of those bios on the late Princess Grace that she was thought to be snobbish and icy when, in fact, she was just shy and tended to be on the reserved side.

There again it all might be true ( her being snobbish), but if it is I wouldnt blame her , who would want
Daniel Ducruet as an In law!!!!

Last edited:
Tosca said:
Well, perhaps there's an explaination about Daniel's grudge against Caroline, or better, according to certain press, it seemed that Daniel felt in love with Caroline when he was working as a body guard for the Grimaldi family, and that his love wasn't obviously returned.

Where did u read or hear this?

Whaaaa???? I've never heard that story.
Tosca are you saying that Daniel loved Caroline first and then fell for Stephanie?
What a triangle!!!

Yes i would like to know too, i havent heard anything like that being said before.

lashinka2002 said:
Whaaaa???? I've never heard that story.
Tosca are you saying that Daniel loved Caroline first and then fell for Stephanie?
What a triangle!!!

Well, actually, I read this on a cheap mag called "EVA EXPRESS", so I don't know how much reliable this might have been.

Princess Caroline and Prince EA attend the Morning Mass on the day of HSH Albert II's official enthronement

Attachments

• 53226813.jpg
    53226813.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 218
Caroline and her siblings posing at the Palace soon after the Mass celebrated at Monaco's Cathedral

Attachments

• 53227042.jpg
    53227042.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 53227065.jpg
    53227065.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 239
Your pics are great Tosca, they look so happy and baeutiful

thanks for posting the pictures, I must say if you didnt know you would think stephanie was the same age as her sister, ( to much sun I think)

some more Caro pix

Attachments

• 53227283.jpg
    53227283.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 275
  • 53227284.jpg
    53227284.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 53227285.jpg
    53227285.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 53227601.jpg
    53227601.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 812
sm1939... you are right... i think stephanie is starting to look like the OLDER sister... yikes... caroline is quite a bit older than her so that is a bit scarey!

I'm sorry to be negative here but this enthronement seems a bit of fashion disaster to me.
The men looked great through (even Ernst August).

Tosca said:
Well, actually, I read this on a cheap mag called "EVA EXPRESS", so I don't know how much reliable this might have been.

Oh Tosca,
I must say you had me there for a bit...:D

Idriel said:
I'm sorry to be negative here but this enthronement seems a bit of fashion disaster to me.

I total agree with you , why didnt caroline and stephanie have a chat about what they were going to wear and see if they could compliment each other !!!
(in their day wear)

Caroline just looked soooo beautiful:

Some pics from Newscom

Attachments

• zumalive185950.jpg
    zumalive185950.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 274
  • zumalive185927.jpg
    zumalive185927.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 532
  • zumalive185865.jpg
    zumalive185865.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 310
  • gamma161530.jpg
    gamma161530.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 219
  • gamma161547.jpg
    gamma161547.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 268
  • gamma161562.jpg
    gamma161562.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 322
  • gamma161620.jpg
    gamma161620.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 378
  • zumalive185054.jpg
    zumalive185054.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 210
  • zumalive185074.jpg
    zumalive185074.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 408
  • zumalive185075.jpg
    zumalive185075.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 282
And some from Getty:

Attachments

• 53231429.jpg
    53231429.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 509
  • 53228980.jpg
    53228980.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 219
  • 53228971.jpg
    53228971.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 53228520.jpg
    53228520.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 53228518.jpg
    53228518.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 235
  • 53228232.jpg
    53228232.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 53228228.jpg
    53228228.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 196
Idriel said:

Perhaps Caro and Steph should take some fashion lessons from Nicole Coste. Have anyone seen the most recent photos of hers?

sorry but didnt think any of them looked anything special ,

Caroline and Albert laughed much but Stefanie saw there what unfortunately! she did not laugh much on the photograph which I have seen! Will she have thought that day of its father?

Well I think everyone thought of Rainier. It's just a few months ago that they have lost their dad. Caroline even cried after the mass and I think a bit during the mass. In one way that day was kind of sad and in the other way absolutly great. The whole family was together to celebrate Prince Albert.

princess Stefanie was always the youngest telg at the Grimaldies and was it most at its father, it must do mar oddly this way further must without their parents! They are, however, adult but nevertheless! I know how it is without parents!

Was ernst really in rehab? He seems to have made a quick recovery if he was really in a coma.

He wasn't in rehab... He was in the hospital 3 months ago!!

Bubbette said:
Yeah, for what? He seems to have recovered awfully quick.
Some liver disease that alcoholics get after few years of binge drinking.
Soon after getting out of the hospital, he said in an interview that when someone proposed him to go out and get drunk, he couldn't say no.
Always the classy man...

Really? What interview?? Because the interview I read he talked about not drinking and screwing up his life anymore because he has a 5 year old daughter he wants to see grow up.

kittencrews said:
Really? What interview?? Because the interview I read he talked about not drinking and screwing up his life anymore because he has a 5 year old daughter he wants to see grow up.
This very interview. He talked about his alcoholism (in the terms I mentioned above) then he explained that he was going to change his behavior for the sake of his daughter. You will note I used the past in my post, but sorry if it was confusing :)

I just can't say no, says Prince Ernst
Agence France Presse Apr 25 2005

Berlin - Prince Ernst August of Hanover, the husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco, has admitted he has a problem with alcohol, according to a report in the German press on Monday.

"My problem is that I just can't say no," the prince told an Austrian reporter in comments carried by Germany's top-selling Bild newspaper.

"If someone calls me up and suggests going out and getting drunk, then I go.

"Now I will have to learn to make myself hard to find. Then no one will call me and I won't be tempted any more."

The 51-year-old German prince was admitted to hospital in Monaco suffering from pancreatitis on April 5, the day before the death of Caroline's father, Prince Rainier. Pancreatitis can be caused by heavy drinking.

His illness prevented him attending his father-in-law's funeral and his condition was considered to be serious for several days, but he was discharged after 12 days and is now being treated in a clinic in Austria.

The prince said he was afraid that his lifestyle could curtail his life, but added: "I don't want to die yet, my daughter is only five years old.

"For 35 years my lifestyle has been more than difficult. But that is going to change now. I am going to take it step by step."

Ernst August is Princess Caroline's third husband. They married in 1999 and have a daughter, Alexandra.

Last edited:
Oh okay.. gotcha... The way you first quoted Ernst I thought you meant he was still going out and getting drunk if someone called him, even after being hospitalized... I understand now.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom