Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 10 : Nov.2005 - Jan.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had a chance to watch the numerous videos of the 11/19 National Day events, I hope you noticed the opportunity Caroline took to reach out to Stephanie in the church; a welcoming, sisterly gesture....hopefully the press will continue to catch those positive encounters and play them up. Sometimes the healing process takes time, and it appears that they are finally moving in the right direction.

From picture desk

On sunday 20th November 2005 HSH Prince Albert of Monaco and princess Stephanie attended a Yout theater performance at Garibaldi Forum in Monaco were famous french actor Robert Hossein made the introductions to each scene. Prince Albert had very emotional words of thanksgiving for the children after the performance, he was given flowers by a ballerina and handed them over to his sister Princess Stephanie before posing for a remembrance ppicture and leaving, meanwhile Princess Caroline arrived at Griomaldi Forum for a conference on disabled youth

fy0a38.jpg

Sorry, that's the only one I could find.

And here are my favourite pics of her during the enthronement ceremonies.

fvl1fm.jpg

fvwnee.jpg
fvwooz.jpg

fw37gg.jpg

fwsqbp.jpg
fwsqo7.jpg

lashinka2002 said:
I think Ernst has had a tough go at life as well. He lost his brother and sister in law to suicide in the 80's. This must haunt him terribly.
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto. After he hung up the phone Ludwig Rudolf drove to the family hunting lodge where he was found several hours later by a forester. The car's engine was still running and the Prince was found slumped lifeless behind the wheel, the muzzle of a hunting rifle still in his mouth.

source: Queen Victoria's Descendants by Marlene Eilers

Warren said:
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto. After he hung up the phone Ludwig Rudolf drove to the family hunting lodge where he was found several hours later by a forester. The car's engine was still running and the Prince was found slumped lifeless behind the wheel, the muzzle of a hunting rifle still in his mouth.

source: Queen Victoria's Descendants by Marlene Eilers

oh my goodness! that is terrible. i'd never heard that before. ok, i think i have a little more understanding for ernst's drinking problem.

if ernst has such a bad temper why did princess grace want him for caroline?

well, his blood is about as blue as it gets.

plus he may not have had such a bad temper in the 70's... before all the media coverage!

hsieh said:
...why did Princess Grace want him for Caroline?
Notwithstanding his bluest-of-blue blood, I always wondered about this. The obvious impediment to such a marriage (at the time) was the Catholic/Protestant difference.
Why not a Catholic Württemberg/Bavaria/Liechtenstein etc Prince, or Habsburg Archduke?

Maybe Priincess Grace knew his family? Or maybe she just wanted her daughter to marry a royal so he wouldn't have the same transition as she had to go through with her marriage to Prince Rainer?

EWrnst could easily have converted, and just a question, if Ernst was so in love with Caoline, why did he marry someone else?
Yeah, she was married or involved then and he probably thought that he had to move on, but if he was really in love with her, why didn't he wait for her to be available again (even if that took forever)?

Originally Posted by Warren
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto.

what happened to prince otto, did Ernest raise him?

well, ernst being married was obviously not a big impediment to his and caroline's getting together. (i'm speaking for them, not me)

Layla1971 said:
Maybe Priincess Grace knew his family? Or maybe she just wanted her daughter to marry a royal so he wouldn't have the same transition as she had to go through with her marriage to Prince Rainer?

EWrnst could easily have converted, and just a question, if Ernst was so in love with Caoline, why did he marry someone else?
Yeah, she was married or involved then and he probably thought that he had to move on, but if he was really in love with her, why didn't he wait for her to be available again (even if that took forever)?

Because whew Caroline married Junot EA did not know that she will divorce, and when she married Stefano he did not know that she will become a widow!!

bbb said:
Originally Posted by Warren
At the family's Austrian estate, Konigvilla, Prince Ludwig Rudolf telephoned Ernest August in London telling him of his wife's death from a cocaine overdose, and asking him to care for his eight-month-old son Prince Otto.

what happened to prince otto, did Ernest raise him?

I read that EA has been taking care of him since then. This man isn't that bad after all.;)

Tosca said:
I read that EA has been taking care of him since then
Prince Ernst August tried to get legal custody of the baby Prince Otto, but an Austrian court granted custody to the Count and Countess von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli, the parents of Prince Ludwig Rudolf's late wife. The Count died in 1996 and Otto has since been raised (extremely privately) by his grandmother. Although he is now 17, I have not seen a photo of Prince Otto for many years.

thank you for the information, the story just broke my heart for the poor boy.
have a happy thankgsgiving everyone.

Warren said:
Prince Ernst August tried to get legal custody of the baby Prince Otto, but an Austrian court granted custody to the Count and Countess von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli, the parents of Prince Ludwig Rudolf's late wife. The Count died in 1996 and Otto has since been raised (extremely privately) by his grandmother. Although he is now 17, I have not seen a photo of Prince Otto for many years.

Then I must have got the wrong info, sorry. Thanks Warren!:)

Some more pics of Caroline after the opera.

Cover, Deadline Press

hrfom1.jpg
hrfpz6.jpg
hrfqeq.jpg
hrfqlk.jpg
hrfqrs.jpg
hrfqye.jpg

to close for comfort

even though she's a princess i don't think her family should be butting in telling her who she should consider for marriage (regarding princess grace wanting her to marry ernst). if you're going to try and run your child's life like that then perhaps you deserve a rebellious child. that is ridiculous for grace to argue with caroline about her relationships with men. i don't think caro does that with char. how can you seriously tell somebody who they're suppose to fall in love with? that is incredibly stupid. i also think it was wrong that grace went to live with caro after she was 18. if one is going to financially support their adult child that does not mean they have the right to live with them and tell them who to marry. if that is the case she is better off being poor without family financial assistance. what a sick relationship to have with your child.

i agree with you about controlling your child's life, you shouldn't... i think grace so trouble with men and caroline from a young age because she was so beautiful AND a princess... grace was probably afraid she would marry someone like junot! but about her moving in with caroline in paris... she did and she shouldn't have... but it wasn't all about caroline she and rainier were having bad problems, almost a marriage split so she moved to paris.

I'm not trying to defend Grace here, but let's keep in mind that the rumor about her preference for Ernst is just press speculation and has been specifically denied by Ernst himself. As for Grace and Rainier's critics of Junot, I think they only made things worst, but I think it's natural for a parent to warn a very young (20 years old) daughter about possible mistakes.

As for living in Paris, Grace was there also for Stephanie, who was a teenager at the time...

Kisses

grace and rainier had problems

kittencrews said:
i agree with you about controlling your child's life, you shouldn't... i think grace so trouble with men and caroline from a young age because she was so beautiful AND a princess... grace was probably afraid she would marry someone like junot! but about her moving in with caroline in paris... she did and she shouldn't have... but it wasn't all about caroline she and rainier were having bad problems, almost a marriage split so she moved to paris.

i didn't know grace and rainier were having marriage problems. what was the problem?

well i read it in one of their biographies... it was either Once Upon A Time or another one... I can't remember the name right now... I'll look it up...

Well this isn't actually "news" but I think I could post this here. This is a quote of Princess Caroline about Michael Moore's movie Fahrenheit 911. From this site:

Princess Caroline of Monaco to Michael Moore
"My mother would have been so proud of your movie." (Detroit Free Press, 5/21)

She is sooo great!!!

She definetely is!!!!!

(Maybe we're being too political, but anyway Go Caro!)

Caroline visited the Princess Grace Hospital yesterday.

I haven't found any photos yet, but you can se one small picture here , it's Monaco's local paper. There is a report about Stephanie presenting the circus programm and a small one about Caro ( down the page)

Thanks for the info Michelle. I also couldn't find any pics. Maybe we'll have to wait till someone finds them in some magazines.

Finally I found some pics!!! She looks great!!!

Eastnews

in4isn.jpg
in4isx.jpg
in4it5.jpg
in4itg.jpg
in4ity.jpg
in4iue.jpg
in4iut.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom