Princess Caroline & Family Current Events Part 7 : January 2014 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She deserves a Légion d'Honneur? Really? What has exactly been her contribution to the arts and letters of France? I really wonder.
And she is not only an officer or chevalier. She's been made a commander?

If any of the ballets or art exhibitions she organizes in Monaco took place in France (and those who earn money with them at least payed some taxes) I could understand it. But as far as I know she is no more than someone who helps wealthy french residents to avoid paying taxed by offering them venues in Monaco for their shows.
Hardly something deserving a reward.

Well, I'm guessing a certain french minister is been rewarded with some special treatment in Monaco in exchange.

Last edited:
Hurray for Caroline, very pleased to see this award presented to HRH!;):)

She deserves a Légion d'Honneur? Really? What has exactly been her contribution to the arts and letters of France? I really wonder.
And she is not only an officer or chevalier. She's been made a commander?

If any of the ballets or art exhibitions she organizes in Monaco took place in France (and those who earn money with them at least payed some taxes) I could understand it. But as far as I know she is no more than someone who helps wealthy french residents to avoid paying taxed by offering them venues in Monaco for their shows.
Hardly something deserving a reward.

Well, I'm guessing a certain french minister is been rewarded with some special treatment in Monaco in exchange.

Wow! And I thought I was cynical!

You say "as far as you know" - you're misinformed. She is patron of and actively promotes cultural activities in the Principality - the ballet, the National museum, the opera, classical music - all of those employ people, many of whom are French citizens and/or residents as well as being tax payers. The Prince Pierre literary prize is given to authors writing in French, no matter where they come from, live or pay taxes. She also supports the Arts in a number of countries.

She has been a supporter of the Arts all her life and this award is in recognition of that. Whether there is a quid pro quo, who can say? I like to think there's a little more to it than than that.

Last edited:
A great honour for Caroline!

Wow! And I thought I was cynical!

You say "as far as you know" - you're misinformed. She is patron of and actively promotes cultural activities in the Principality - the ballet, the National museum, the opera, classical music - all of those employ people, many of whom are French citizens and/or residents as well as being tax payers. The Prince Pierre literary prize is given to authors writing in French, no matter where they come from, live or pay taxes. She also supports the Arts in a number of countries.

She has been a supporter of the Arts all her life and this award is in recognition of that. Whether there is a quid pro quo, who can say? I like to think there's a little more to it than than that.

Well, when I first read that I was misinformed I thought I really was and Caroline had actually done something for the Arts in France. As I kept reading I understood I was absolutely right and no misinformed at all.

Yes, Caroline promotes cultural activities in the Principality. As far as I know that's not France. And as far as I know every cultural activity that takes place in the Principality is tax free.
So, as I was saying, she is serving wealthy people and robbing the french state. Wonderful. A real example.

I won't even comment on the "they employ french people". The world is full of all sort of undesirable persons who "employ people". Just to think that anything is allowed when you are rich enough because you "employ people" is the most disgusting notion ever.

I understand that you are not a bad person just because you were born in such a place as Monaco. Life is full of contradictions and every single one of us would had enjoyed Caroline situation. I don't think she is personaly moraly liable for being a Monaco princess. She's probable a very nice and cultured lady.

But Democratic Goverments should have higher standards. As wonderful as a person as she can be, what she represents is not acceptable. All those activities are financed with the money of tax evaders, white glove criminals... They should not be sanctioned by any european Goverment.

Of course, we all know most european politicians and financers have a huge personal interest in maintaining the status of Monaco, Andorra, Luxembourg... But at least they should tray to hide their dark deeds.

They should never sanction publicly any activity from Monaco.

If Caroline is so interested in supporting french arts and culture she could organize some event in french soil. And have everyone pay taxes for it.

Well, when I first read that I was misinformed I thought I really was and Caroline had actually done something for the Arts in France. As I kept reading I understood I was absolutely right and no misinformed at all.

Yes, Caroline promotes cultural activities in the Principality. As far as I know that's not France. And as far as I know every cultural activity that takes place in the Principality is tax free.
So, as I was saying, she is serving wealthy people and robbing the french state. Wonderful. A real example.

I won't even comment on the "they employ french people". The world is full of all sort of undesirable persons who "employ people". Just to think that anything is allowed when you are rich enough because you "employ people" is the most disgusting notion ever.

I understand that you are not a bad person just because you were born in such a place as Monaco. Life is full of contradictions and every single one of us would had enjoyed Caroline situation. I don't think she is personaly moraly liable for being a Monaco princess. She's probable a very nice and cultured lady.

But Democratic Goverments should have higher standards. As wonderful as a person as she can be, what she represents is not acceptable. All those activities are financed with the money of tax evaders, white glove criminals... They should not be sanctioned by any european Goverment.

Of course, we all know most european politicians and financers have a huge personal interest in maintaining the status of Monaco, Andorra, Luxembourg... But at least they should tray to hide their dark deeds.

They should never sanction publicly any activity from Monaco.

If Caroline is so interested in supporting french arts and culture she could organize some event in french soil. And have everyone pay taxes for it.

She has done something for the Arts in France.

You're right - Monaco isn't France, but then I never said it was.

She isn't robbing anyone, French or otherwise.

Why say you "won't even comment"on something and then proceed to do so? And, by the way, I didn't say just because you "employ people" anything is allowed. But if that is the most "disgusting notion" you can imagine you must lead a very sheltered life.

She isn't morally liable for being Monegasque, no. Cultured, yes. Nice, don't know, I've never met her.

I disagree that what she represents is so reprehensible that she can't be given an honour for her personal efforts to support the Arts in general.

Always better to have dark deeds hidden - so much more morally superior. And, of course, only sanction things to with Monaco privately.

Caroline isn't only interested in supporting French arts and culture, she is interested in supporting all arts and culture. But she does organise/attend events in France.

She isn't a tax collector and she wouldn't be, even if, Monaco stopped being a tax haven.

Bravo Florestane!

Also,Lee Bouvier Radziwill-sister of former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy-
received this same honour a couple of years ago which surprised me since Lee isn't a Frenchwoman and I can't think of any services she has rendered to La Republique off the top of my head.

It seems the French believed otherwise so I say we let THEM decide upon whom to bestow their honorifics.

GO CAROLINE!!:)

Last edited:
Caroline wasn't newly appointed the legion of honor. She received the honor in 1997, at the same time as her brother. There are five stages of the legion of honor, and Caroline was simply promoted/upgraded this year. You start as a chevellier, and after a minimum 8 years you can move to the rank of officer. Caroline did in 2007. A further 5 years minimum must past to be moved to commander, which she was this year.

For a non-French national they simply must be considered to live and uphold the merits/beliefs that the French hold true.

I Think you are mixing 2 différent Thunder heure she was appointed Commander of Arts and Lettres chiche has nothing to do with The Légion d'honneur.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de The Royals Community

Wow, what an honor for Princess Caroline! And she looks absolutely splendid, along with Pierre (handsome as always), Alexandra (gorgeous young beauty), and Charlotte (her mother's daughter). :flowers:

I wonder where Beatrice is!! She also was not present at the festival circus (although Pierre was there). Doesn't she live in Monaco??

Lovely video. All the family is very stylish, nevertheless I would appreciate a real hairdo for PC Caroline.
She used to have gorgeous hair, but since her alopecia, her hair are thin and without any glow.

Last edited:
Caroline wasn't newly appointed the legion of honor. She received the honor in 1997, at the same time as her brother. There are five stages of the legion of honor, and Caroline was simply promoted/upgraded this year. You start as a chevellier, and after a minimum 8 years you can move to the rank of officer. Caroline did in 2007. A further 5 years minimum must past to be moved to commander, which she was this year.

For a non-French national they simply must be considered to live and uphold the merits/beliefs that the French hold true.
Caro received this becuz she stands f or something in the arts and culture

Yes, because as someone pointed out above, she didn't get the legion of honor, but a commander of arts and letters which is a different order. They have the same categories (chevalier, officer, commander) but different reasons to be appointed. It makes far more sense she would be granted the arts and letters, as it is for contributions to the fine arts (not only in France) and many celebrities in the field get it.

(...) Caroline does support, and always has done, arts and culture outside of Monaco. It is natural, however, that she should promote Monegasque initiatives given she is a princess of Monaco. But that doesn't matter, the award was given for her general services to arts and culture, not because she works for Team Monaco.

Last edited by a moderator:
The highest rank of the decoration is the ' legion d'honneur', the decoration that Caroline received was already given to the singers , it is a decoration for the 'arts'.

The highest rank of the decoration is the ' legion d'honneur', the decoration that Caroline received was already given to the singers , it is a decoration for the 'arts'.

Allow me to clarify - Caroline now has the highest decoration for her services to Arts and Culture having already had two lower ranks in previous years. The Legion d'Honneur is not specifically for the Arts.

First off, Congratulations to HRH on her Honour. Her passion for the Arts and Culture and what needs to happen to keep them flourishing is very well known. Princess Caroline truly is worthy of this Honour.

(..)
Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

The discussion about taxes has been removed as off-topic! Thank you for your understanding!

Caroline always seems very friendly and welcoming with all her children's spouses. That's nice.

So I wonder is Charlotte going to subject her child to a stream of lovers like her mother did to her

So I wonder is Charlotte going to subject her child to a stream of lovers like her mother did to her

I wasn’t aware that Caroline brought a stream of lovers around Charlotte. I know her children were around Lindon and Ernst August, both longterm relationships. Who were these other men that her children were spending time with?

Charlotte's father died in 1990 and Caroline became seriously involved with Vincent Lindon before marrying Ernst-August in 1999 and to whom she remains legally married, though separated.

So she was linked with two men( including her current husband) during Charlotte's lifetime.

What "stream of lovers" are you referring to? Genuinely curious.:cool:

Last edited:
Stream of lovers ? This is not nice. Considering also that she is almost unofficially but single the last 5 or 6 years, and she had no-one on her life since then.

Chanel otoño-invierno 2016-2017 y su ?front row?: el más concurrido de la historia

Carolina de Mónaco, Pharrell Williams... El 'front row' de Chanel, el más concurrido de la historia

Caroline always seems very friendly and welcoming with all her children's spouses. That's nice.

Or maybe she's just too clever... If you can't beat them, joine them... What better way to control her daughter's behavior and her daughter's lovers baut to have her and her boyfriends around??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom