Princess Alexandra Current Events 1 : Jan.2003 - Feb.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia

Royal Highness
Welcome to Part 1 of the thread about Princess Alexandra's Current Events.

Happy Posting:)

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 401
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 287
Some older pictures of Princess Alexandra during Monaco's National Day.

www.ibl.se

More from the same event.

With the sniffles ... Glad that Caroline has taught Alexandra to cover her mouth when she coughs! :p
http://www.ibl.se

Clapping while watching sister Charlotte during an equestrian event.

With mom on the balcony on Monaco's National Day.

www.rexfeatures.com

Skiing with dad.

www.rexfeatures.com

Attending an event in Germany.

www.ibl.se

www.ibl.se

Attachments

• MO_alexandra_100.jpg
    MO_alexandra_100.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 383
  • MO_alexandra_101b.jpg
    MO_alexandra_101b.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 407
  • MO_alexandra_102a.jpg
    MO_alexandra_102a.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 398
  • MO_alexandra_103.jpg
    MO_alexandra_103.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 364
  • MO_alexandra_104a.jpg
    MO_alexandra_104a.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 383
  • MO_caroline_family_100b.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_100b.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 401
  • MO_caroline_family_111.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_111.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 398
  • MO_caroline_family_113.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_113.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 415
  • MO_caroline_family_117a.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_117a.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 367
  • MO_caroline_family_116b.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_116b.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 367

Attachments

• MO_caroline_family_116d.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_116d.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 388
  • MO_UT0011102.jpg
    MO_UT0011102.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 409
  • MO_FT0022470c.jpg
    MO_FT0022470c.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 430
  • MO_UT0054934b.jpg
    MO_UT0054934b.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 357
  • MO_0000364791_048d.jpg
    MO_0000364791_048d.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 325
  • MO_0000373636_012e.jpg
    MO_0000373636_012e.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 382
  • MO_334904af.jpg
    MO_334904af.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 414
  • MO_343819df.jpg
    MO_343819df.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 430
  • MO_343819cg.jpg
    MO_343819cg.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 441
  • MO_377931h.jpg
    MO_377931h.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 388
After looking at all these pictures of Alexandra, I am curious to know whether Alexandra resembles her Monaco side of the family more or the Hanovers. I know what Caroline's other kids look like (a very strong resemblance to her side of the family in Charlotte and Andreas) but I was wondering if anyone has pictures of Ernst August's two sons. They are seldom heard of or written about. (I don't think I even know their names!)

Hi Alexandria!

Alexandra looks, to me at least, a lot like Ernst and a little like grandmum Grace (a very little). She's got Caroline's mouth, though.

What's strange is that she doesn't look like she's matured as much as Camille (Stephanie's daughter who is a year older). She looks like a cross between Stephanie and Grace. With Alexandra I see Ernst and maybe a little Grace. She's got her daddy's coloring. I wonder if she will actually get pretty. Right now she's just cute.

She looks a lot like Ernst to me...

Attachments

• Alex2.jpg
    Alex2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 343
  • Alex.jpg
    Alex.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 347
I think that little Alexandra resembles her father as well. I don't think that she will resemble the Grimaldis as much as her big sis, Charlotte, but I agree that she definitely has the famous Grimaldi pout, courtesy of her Mama.

I think that Princess Stephanie's children strongly resemble their late grandmother, Princess Grace. Camille reminds me quite a bit of her grandmother. Does anyone else feel that way?

Hope I am not going to offend anyone here, but I think Alexandra is just about the ugliest child I've ever seen. I just can't help wondering how that poor girl has turned out like the perfect Ernst double. This may be a little bit out of the line for some of you, but I do wonder whether Caroline - as a meticulous woman of appearances - is worried about her daughter's looks. Especially those extremely puffy eyes...

I think that it takes a truly ugly person to attack an innocent child who hasn't done anything to them in such a way. Even if one feels that way some things in life should be sacred, such as children who have done nothing to offend anyone other than to be born. I would think that even if one were inclined to think such things that intelligence, class, and decorum would permit an individual to refrain from publicly admitting such uncivilized thoughts, especially when a child is involved.

I think that if Princess Caroline is truly a mother who loves her children then she will not be worried about their appearances, but about their health, their intellect, the way in which they treat people and carry themselves. You can be as beautiful as ever, but if you are an idiot, and just an obnoxius brat, then your existence is almost useless then, now isn't it?

I must have absolutely horrid taste (and very happy with it) as I find Princess Alexandra to be lovely and joyous child that is adored by her parents and siblings-there's magnificent beauty.

I was just curious...Is it a new thing now to constantly call children ugly? I was just wondering as another person has taken it upon themselves to call Maud Angelica (newborn of Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn) ugly. Is that something new that is being taught around the world? I am so glad that I missed that course or that the memo failed to reach me.

I now have a complete understanding of how bullies are created.

Jacqueline,

Thanks. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Besides that, she is without a doubt a cute little girl. Adorable looking in fact. I don't know how anyone could say otherwise.

However, I have to disagree with you about any newborn looking cute. I not sure of the truth about that :blink:

Thanks thissal ;) , however, I am not intending to make a point of a newborn regardless of who he or she may be being cute. I find that it is quite ridiculous even moreso to refer to a newborn as ugly as a newborn is a very small person just entering the world who is incapable of being able to form a personal or physical identity. ;)

I'm terribly sorry that my opinions caused an uproar. They were just thoughtless comments, they were meant to be taken lightly and with humour, since in my opinion it is not normal for a child to have eyes as puffy as Alexandra's. I mean, I sometimes have puffy eyes, but I never have had even half the puffy as hers!

Besides, where I come from, people speak pretty bluntly, no matter what their class, age, level of education or intellect. Everybody realizes people come in many shapes - there are ugly people and then there are beautiful people and nothing will ever change that. And I don't even think everyone should be beautiful. I wasn't commenting on her as a person, I'm sure she is just wonderful when talking about her nature and character.

I have been called ugly several times in my life even though I am quite pretty. Even by my own family. Who's to care about such things? They have praised me enough on other matters, which has been more valuable to me. I just think it is best to be able to come to terms with one's own looks. I don't think I was being evil when I said she was ugly, but I do realize that nowadays (when people have to be ridiculously "politically correct") I should be saying "not pretty".

Anyways, I'm sorry. I realize that the culture I come from is very different from yours in this matter.

They were just thoughtless comments, they were meant to be taken lightly and with humour.

Well Miau I hope this teachs you to think before you spreak or in this case post.

Well, that isn't much of an apology IMO. Frankly, I don't think that this warrants an apology to any of the members here. You spoke about a child, not one of us. Apologize to Alexandra and her parents, don't give me an insincere apology. I can do without.

If members of your family called you ugly then that is nothing to brag about. It is quite horrible and I hope that you will not do the same to your children.

Children shouldn't be referred to in such ways. It could be very crippling to them. Things such as this have hindered many children from forming healthy personalities. It is not the same with children as it is with adults. It never will be. People need to learn to think before they speak and they act and to quit going off like ridiculously loose canons. Luckily little Alexandra is very young and will most like never read this.

Of course there is frankness and directness in the world, and I must frankly say that this (along with many other things) is what sometimes leads to teenagers having eating disorders, juvenile deliquency, and low self-esteem. I am sure that many psychologists will say that many a serial killer had someone be over-critical of their looks, demeanor, accomplishments, etc.

It has nothing to do with being politically correct. This isn't about liberalism, conservatism, feminism, or the disabled or anything associated with politics and labels. It is about right and wrong and no one should refer to an innocent child without a clue of what is going on in the world in such a manner. So, what if Alexandra's eyes are puffy? What does that really matter? Does that make her less of a human being? Will she be less successful in life because of it? Honestly, I just thought that they were her eyes...Pardon me for not realizing that they were puffy. No two people or children for that matter look the same (except for those of identical birth). What you believe someone eyes should look like needn't necessary be the norm for an individual's eye appearance. ''

Please, do not even pretend to know anything about my culture at all. I have already had one person insult one facet of my heritage this week (on this message board mind you) and frankly my patience is wearing thin on that matter. My ancestry is very diverse and although we live in America, most of us were not born here (I wasn't and didn't live here for the first few years of my life) and the majority of my family lives in Europe and the Caribbean. I can assure you that we do not criticize each other in such ways. To say such things would be greatly frowned upon (to any child or adult) It is really pointless. I think that it has become far too common here at LTR (especially lately by some members)and in the world to assume that all or most Americans are dumb, prudent and not the least bit worldly. We know lots of things and many of us know how to address and treat children regardless of what some may think.

I think you have understood me in a way that was completely opposite from what was my meaning.

First of all, I want to point out that I didn't insult your cultural heritage in any way at all! I don't know anything about you, your past or family history, I was only referring to the culture of the English speaking countries. Since you speak perfect English, I simply assumed you were American or British. English speaking cultures are completely different from that of my native country (which is a very small, remote country) and this just became very apparent to me. Where I come from, it is very common to call an unattractive person ugly. My best friend recalls being referred to as "the ugly child" in her childhood and she always laughs about it!!! Here everybody seems to be so natural about it, we don't make a problem about it.

Besides, I don't understand why it is OK to say that Ernst is "butt-ugly" and then it is completely unacceptable to say the same about a girl. This is something I don't understand; and since some people on this board have been joking about Ernst, I thought it wouldn't be that horrible if I said what were my thoughts on Alexandra, whose cute looks everybody so seems to admire.

What I said was rude and stupid (and I can assure you that rude and stupid really are not adjectives you could describe me by), but luckily Alexandra will never read this post and she will never be affected by my opinion. That is why I don't feel inclined to apologise to her (least of all her parents), but to you who might just find me evil.

One more question: Have you never made a mistake? Have you never said something unacceptable? I've had a day that has been beyond horrible and I just needed to let out some steam by putting down some harsh words. After this incident I feel like I could cry. I hope we can put this behind us, even though you seemed really offended by my posts. I have noticed that sometimes it is harder to forgive people you have talked to over the Internet than those you know in the real life, but I hope this is not the case with you.

I don't find you to be evil, but you should definitely think before you speak or in this case post as Jenna1186 very well stated.

Those of us who were opposed to your statement, are not the least bit inclined to feel differently about anyone saying this about a man. You remarked that we feel differently because Alexandra is a girl-untrue. The difference that you are not understanding is that Alexandra is a four-year old innocent child, not a grown man of fifty somewhat odd years of age-huge difference. No one cares about anyone's gender. Personally, I have never referred to Ernst as ugly. He has an ugly disposition, but I don't find him to be unattractive, just his demeanor and manner of speaking.

Thank you for the compliment concerning my English, but I assure you that I write (or shoudl I say type it) better than I speak it. Honestly, I do not write it that well either. It isn't my first language, but I do what I can and I take my time.

This argument is not about my making a mistake or my forgiving you. Of course, I have made mistakes. I don't need to forgive you, as it isn't me that you offended. You were not calling me ugly. I stated my opposition and will continue to do so if this discussion persists, but I have no ill feelings towards you. I simply stated how I felt about individuals making such remarks about children. I think that you need to forgive yourself.

I really don't think that you were joking when you made your remarks about Alexandra. I found your tone to be sincere. You also wrote that you knew that this would offend people, but you posted it anyway. It really left us with very little to think other than this was how you felt and you didn't care who was upset or offended-fair enough.

If you had a bad day, then that is unfortunate, but we all have them. However that doesn't excuse saying such things about a child who had nothing to do with your bad day. If you are upset and need to transfer your anger, then pick on what or who made you angry do even better, go to one of the community forums at LTR and vent-tell us about your day. I am sure that there are other members who have had bad days and who can relate. But taking out your frustrations in one of the royal forums is unacceptable.

Originally posted by miau@May 7th, 2003 - 5:20 pm
I've had a day that has been beyond horrible and I just needed to let out some steam by putting down some harsh words.
Miau, I think everybody will attest that they've had a bad day some time in their lives. And while I can understand the need to vent and let out a little steam by cursing or saying not very nice things about others to make yourself feel better, this forum is not the place for it.

One of the reasons I frequent this message board is because the other posters are pleasant, courteous and respectful to each other. Everybody is pretty helpful if someone has a question or wishes to see a photo or has a special request.

While we can be critical of the actions of some royals, we are not mean and cruel. Not to each other and not about others. At least that's what I think.

www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Ernst and Princess Caroline of Hanover and family on a yachting holiday in the Croatian Adriatic Coast, Croatia. 10 July 2003.

Attachments

• MO_alexandra_500.jpg
    MO_alexandra_500.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 317
  • MO_caroline_family_500.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_500.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 428
:shock: My word! Does that child never smile... :shock: She seems to frequent that sad puffy-eyed "Oh, stop taking pictures of me, fatty" :cry: look. How sad, someone should buy her a Happy Meal. :flower: :clap: Har har. Seriously though. Get the kid a Happy Meal.

A happy meal? lol, McDonald's is soo nasty! and the little kid smiles sometimes, but like come on, wouldn't you get annoyed that they're constantly taking pictures of you??? I know i would... :shock:

No...get her a Happy Meal. Or at least a cheap copy of one. :unsure: Hmmm...I could do with a cheeseburger right now...those McDonald's cheeseburgers are weird tasting. :yuk:

Josefine, how do you get acéss to korpapress.com? I cannot get to the search site...
can you help me?

How is it possible that you take this so seriously? Some think Alexandra is beautiful, others think she's cute, and a person said she was ugly. It's what happens with everyone else, and I don't think saying that a child is ugly is attacking her. I find her cute, not ugly, but in some pics she doesn't look very pretty, and I don't think she'll grow up up to be a beautiful girl, maybe cute, but she wont be no Charlotte or Grace Kelly, definitly. What's the deal, don't tell me you never saw a 4 four year old kid and found it ugly? Well, I did! And I don't think there's nothing wrong with that. of course I didn't went to the kid and said "you're awful!" There are beautiful todlers, cute, pretty, normal, ugly... I don't think you're a bad person because you think one kid is ugly. I also think that the poster who thought she was ugly doesn't need to apologise for that. That post could very well pass without all this complicated talk, some people could just say that agree and others that don't. we should be more tolerant.
Peace :)

old pic.. i think she's cute. :)

Attachments

• andyalex.jpg
    andyalex.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 896
Originally posted by luuuu@Oct 1st, 2003 - 2:59 pm
How is it possible that you take this so seriously? Some think Alexandra is beautiful, others think she's cute, and a person said she was ugly. It's what happens with everyone else, and I don't think saying that a child is ugly is attacking her. I find her cute, not ugly, but in some pics she doesn't look very pretty, and I don't think she'll grow up up to be a beautiful girl, maybe cute, but she wont be no Charlotte or Grace Kelly, definitly. What's the deal, don't tell me you never saw a 4 four year old kid and found it ugly? Well, I did! And I don't think there's nothing wrong with that. of course I didn't went to the kid and said "you're awful!" There are beautiful todlers, cute, pretty, normal, ugly... I don't think you're a bad person because you think one kid is ugly. I also think that the poster who thought she was ugly doesn't need to apologise for that. That post could very well pass without all this complicated talk, some people could just say that agree and others that don't. we should be more tolerant.
Peace :)
You are so right about that!!! People don't be so seriously!!! :woot:

Originally posted by Alexandria@Jul 14th, 2003 - 6:51 pm
www.rexfeatures.com - Prince Ernst and Princess Caroline of Hanover and family on a yachting holiday in the Croatian Adriatic Coast, Croatia. 10 July 2003.
She has a new haircut, right? It looks cuter. :)

Attachments

• MO_caroline_family_500.jpg
    MO_caroline_family_500.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 265
She's cute...but I don't think she'll be as pretty as her sister, Charlotte. However, Charlotte wasn't too pretty as a baby, she was cute, but she wasn't beautiful. I guess Alexandra could be like Charlotte, she could grow to be as beautiful as her sister and mother. However, with Ernst's genes, it could be a bit difficult. She is very cute, though. :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom