Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 9: May 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even P. Caroline or P. Stephanie… Just a sad(?) lonely prince… :sad:

Yeah, something seems really off. It's Christmas and he has a wife and two lovely young children and he turns up to the biggest childrens event of the year in Monaco with his adult nephew? Really?

The absence of Princess Charlene is not really unexpected anymore ,but was hoping to see one of his more reliable sisters at least.

Honestly, Charlene continues to be a lackluster Princess of Monaco. It's getting ridiculous.

Well, I (and I rarely expect much of Charlene) am surprised she isn't there. And I really hope there's a good reason because it's not an onerous engagement. Maybe she's ill - she didn't attend the Christmas Ball as far as I know and I thought she was supposed to.

As to Caroline and Stephanie - would have been great - but seems to me they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they turn up they're trying to steal Charlene's limelight, showing off etc. If they don't turn up and neither does Charlene then there is always someone saying they don't do anything, and if they don't then why should Charlene? (Conveniently forgetting the whole Princess Consort thing).

Well, I (and I rarely expect much of Charlene) am surprised she isn't there. And I really hope there's a good reason because it's not an onerous engagement. Maybe she's ill - she didn't attend the Christmas Ball as far as I know and I thought she was supposed to.

I guess that must be the reason - that she and the twins are ill. But the Palace should communicate directly..

Here are some more photos:

** fb gallery ** profimedia gallery **

Indeed a different Christmas party from the ones we are used to. All the pics were taken indoors, so I assume they had bad weather. No Princess or twins, surely they would have attended if they could, can only assume they are ill as suggested above.

A disappointment this year. I agree that we need better communication from the Palace PR team.

This must have been so disappointing for the children who no doubt were looking forward to a visit from the Princess. If Charlene was poorly, surely Caroline or Stephanie could have stepped in. A very poor show.

This must have been so disappointing for the children who no doubt were looking forward to a visit from the Princess. If Charlene was poorly, surely Caroline or Stephanie could have stepped in. A very poor show.
Maybe they already had plans? I don't see why they should anyway - they already help out at appearances where one might expect to see Charlene.

Or maybe this was always the planned appearance...

But I agree that this was a disappointing event although I'm sure the children had a great time anyway.

As to Caroline and Stephanie - would have been great - but seems to me they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they turn up they're trying to steal Charlene's limelight, showing off etc. If they don't turn up and neither does Charlene then there is always someone saying they don't do anything, and if they don't then why should Charlene? (Conveniently forgetting the whole Princess Consort thing).

Dear Florestane, you summarize very well the situation. Charlene is becoming a ghost. She is not able and never will be to jump in Princess Grace and Princess Caroline shoes, I've already got it. I'm really disappointed for Prince Albert.

Albert, Stephanie and Camille watched the Ligue 1 match between Monaco and Guingamp at Stade Louis II yesterday, December 22.

Monaco lost 0:2 - Albert's face speaks volumes..;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Yes, tough season for AS Monaco!

Does Princess Stephanie normally attend this Mass with Princess Albert or was she standing in for her ever absent sister in law?

Last edited:
Lovely to see Stephanie with her brother at this event. It must have been quite a moving occasion seeing this tribute to her father. It would have been lovely if all Rainier’s siblings could have been there, but I am sure Caroline would have attended if she was available.

Add in a monk's robe and this medieval tournament mus look like the first appearance of the Grimaldis in Monaco - more than 700 years ago.

Nice to see Pierre Casiraghi with his uncle,the Medieval tournament looked interesting.

Agree, great to see that he and several others of the Grimaldi family members support their uncle/brother and take an interest in Monaco

Thankyou forestane for the videos

I like the second, Princess Gabriella is a little grain of salt, so funny and so at ease

It was during the inauguration of the 'promenade Princess Charlene'

Iceflower, the links of gettyimages Doesn't work

Lovely to see the family out together in Monaco. Also Grandpa Mike and Pierre. I just love it when P Gabriella gets her own bouquet, and P Jacques seems completely ok with it to be “overlooked.”

Great to see everyone there as well as Mike. The twins look very cool in their sunglasses! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom