Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 7: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a baby has a dummy or not is the parents decision same as when to start toilet training. There is no problem with babies having dummies in fact some studies into SIDS show it helps. If being taken out in front of a whole lot of strangers and children upset her I would rather she had her comfort item eg. Dummy than been upset just to please people.
As I have often said to the parents of the babies and children I cared for. They won't start school with a dummy and in nappies so relax and enjoy your baby and don't listen to the know all's who know nothing about your baby. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

But it is unnecessary.
If you don't start using them right away, the baby won't develop a dependency and there will be no problem.

The article is nice with big pictures but as usual Daily Mail is calling them wrongly as "royal family"....

More photos from Paris Match
The twins looked fascinated by the whole show.
Charlène et Albert de Monaco - Un pique-nique traditionnel avec les jumeaux

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get enough of those twins! Who are the ladies on either side of Albert and charlene

I didn't expect to see G&J in a monegasque costume until the national day in November. So it's a nice surprise to see the 2 cuties at the picnic.

Thanks, melina p. Lovely clear pictures. A beautiful smile from P Gabriella. Can you read what it says on her dummy?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Thanks, iceflower, that is how I read it too!

I didn't expect to see G&J in a monegasque costume until the national day in November. So it's a nice surprise to see the 2 cuties at the picnic.

I thought they would wear traditional dress here as opposed to National Day purely because November can be quite cold and the national costume is more of of a Summery nature.

But it is unnecessary.
If you don't start using them right away, the baby won't develop a dependency and there will be no problem.

Without going into the sucking reflex in great detail as it would be way of topic many babies need more sucking time than others that can cause great pain etc for the mother. A dummy can make a great difference in settling a baby. Once again parents choice not for us to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They are too adorable!!

Love how in some of the pictures you can clearly see the wheels turning in Gabriella's mind mind thinking, "Come on Mummy...Just a little closer so I can grab that hat in front of me!!"

:D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I really like Charlene's red lipstick and her white outfit! And the babies are so beautiful!

Thanyyou polyesco for the pictures of these photos of family at the beach in Corsica.

I was about to post them! Pity that we don't get to see Gabriella!

I was about to post the pics! It was very surprising to see that pictures were taken on such an occasion!

:previous:

But if they hadn't had any pictures/videos taken during that minute of silence, the whole ceremony wouldn't have made any sense. It's an official tribute, an official act of solidarity that needs to be recorded so that the people in France and elsewhere can see it..

Here's the gallery in addition to the video!

It is a great gesture of solidarity not only from the princely family but also from the people of Monaco

:previous:

But if they hadn't had any pictures/videos taken during that minute of silence, the whole ceremony wouldn't have made any sense. It's an official tribute, an official act of solidarity that needs to be recorded so that the people in France and elsewhere can see it..

Here's the gallery in addition to the video!

Yes, you are right...

It was a nice gesture by the family to do this. The only thing I don't like about it are the sunglasses. I don't like seeing royals wearing them on occasions like this but I still prefer it if they are actually wearing them rather than having them perched on top of the head. It looks a bit too casual and a little bit disrespectful, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
Near the big tragedy in Paris in my country, who cares about sunglasses?

Quite right, melina, it's not about the sunglasses at all...

....but a moving and sincere show of solidarity with the French people and all those who were forever touched by this tragedy.

It was heartbreaking to see... I would say I saw Princess Caroline shed some tears behing those sunglasses...

The Grimaldis have always been quite fond of sunglasses at times mourning - see Stefano's funeral pics. They give an element of privacy when you have to appear in public. They all looked fine and utterly dignified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom