Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 7: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know what it is about Prince Albert but there is something about him I don't like. (Of course, I don't know if personally but you know what I mean.) He seems odd, cold something...

I think it is mainly insecurity he tries to hide. He knows people are looking to him, Le Prince de Monaco, but then see an ordinary looking, overweight and bald guy. Anyone would have overlooked him was he not Le Prince. So he is keeping his composture and tries to handle the immense media attention. He also suffers a stutter when he speaks French. In essence he is a charming man. From the handsome Prince he once was, little is left.

Family Picture.

:flowers:

I do not know what it is about Prince Albert but there is something about him I don't like. (Of course, I don't know if personally but you know what I mean.) He seems odd, cold something...

I'm the same. I've never managed to warm to Albert, there's something a bit off about him IMO. I do like Charlene, though.

Thank you for sharing, I've never come across this photo before. When was it taken? I'm guessing in the late (or mid?) '70s since Stephanie is still a child. Albert does indeed look very handsome there, and also looks a lot like Pierre in the photo.

^^^ I bet there was lots of conversation about raising twins around that dinner table, since the Federers are parents to two sets of twins!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

That's a cute thought! If that was the case it would've been fun to have been a fly on the wall during the meeting between the Federes and Albert and Charlene. Isn't one of the Federes twins also called Charlene, or am I imagining things?

prince albert and princess Charlene received Mr and Mrs Federe at a dinner at the palace photos published by the palace on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1013688745310331.1073741981.286449344700945&type=3

OMG.. what an adorable puppy Princess Charlene is holding in her arms! A Rottweiler? A gift for her, or for the twins?:p

As for Albert, it always makes me uncomfortable when a person is judged because they are not physically attractive or appealing. Albert has gained weight. He is aging, just as we all are. But it doesn't mean he is a bad guy. By most accounts he is extraordinarily charming and down-to-Earth. He is profoundly loyal and protective of his family, which I love.

Last edited:
OMG.. what an adorable puppy Princess Charlene is holding in her arms! A Rottweiler? A gift for her, or for the twins?:p

As for Albert, it always makes me uncomfortable when a person is judged because they are not physically attractive or appealing. Albert has gained weight. He is aging, just as we all are. But it doesn't mean he is a bad guy. By most accounts he is extraordinarily charming and down-to-Earth. He is profoundly loyal and protective of his family, which I love.

Very well spoken!

It is a chihuahua , not a rottweiler, look at the princess Charlene tread , you will see more photos of the little dod which was with Charene at the sainte Devote tournement, It is not at all a rottweiler.

Thank you for sharing, I've never come across this photo before. When was it taken? I'm guessing in the late (or mid?) '70s since Stephanie is still a child. Albert does indeed look very handsome there, and also looks a lot like Pierre in the photo.

designgracekelly
According to this page the portrait is from 1973
(edited: just noticed that 1973 is actually in the name of the picture posted by DeP ;) )

I see Albert as a normal and shy guy, but sometimes (and I mean sometimes) Charlene comes off as a bit off to me. Every now and then, she look like she would rather be anywhere but where she is as Princess of Monaco. It may be that she's still new to her public life and haven't totally melted into her royal life.

Prince Albert is a warm person, All the members of the princely family love him and appreciat him. look at the huge that Charlotte gave to her uncle at the presentation of the babies.it is the same with Stéphanie and caroline , her nephews like to be with him, the people of Monaco loves him a lot.

We all get older and it is not fair to judge a person for his physic.

Did you see the photos of the sainte devote tournement, she was at ease with the children and the people of Monaco. the photos are beautiful. She was at ease at the rallye princess charlene and also at the sainte devote fest .She was very well at the presentation of the babies when they were among the people of Monaco who was on the place of the palace.
I think that a lot readers here did not Watch the photos of Charlene since a lot of times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the Prince seems to feel totally comfortable amongst the monegasques.

I agree that P Charlene is much loved and accepted by the people of Monaco. It is evident when you look at the pics taken at the recent rugby tournament with all the kids coming to get a hug or high five from her. Also interviews done with the people of Monaco(as seen on MonacoChannel) and comments on Facebook seem to indicate that that she is popular. Even more so as their Prince is clearly happy to be with her. And P Albert has always been popular with the people. As an example I recall the number of people who gathered in the square when the twins were presented.

Prince Albert and Mélanie de Massy on day 7 of the Monte Carlo Rolex Masters tennis at the Monte-Carlo Sporting Club on April 18:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Very surprised that Charlene didn't attend the final of the Monte Carlo Masters today. If she can attend recent events related to her foundation surely she could have attended an important sporting event for Monaco. She's either still on maternity leave across the the board or she's back working again, she can't have it both ways.

I didn't know the match was already the final! I was very pleased to have seen Melanie de Massy though!
wYEkIiOhClDA+giSMSKX8UQMCCNjgAQp5lOGSQBREKeVEgbgASAhvuCGFKR0NJKaUBDlQQgxAABFDCQ3B+VBAADs=

:previous:

The final match has taken place today, Novak Djokovic has won against Tomas Berdych. The pics I've posted above are from yesterday.

Charlene indeed wasn't present today, but Prince Albert, Elisabeth-Anne and Mélanie de Massy were present as well as the Duke and Duchess of Castro.

In memory of Prince Rainier the central court was inaugurated as 'Court Rainier III'.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Very surprised that Charlene didn't attend the final of the Monte Carlo Masters today. If she can attend recent events related to her foundation surely she could have attended an important sporting event for Monaco. She's either still on maternity leave across the the board or she's back working again, she can't have it both ways.

It was an important event, agreed. But she's also a mother now and we can't expect to see her at every event -- especially since the babies are still so small. It's safe to assume that her schedule is planned with PA's approval. So yes, she CAN have it both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

PS: Allow her to enjoy motherhood. No need to criticise her just because we're disappointed not to see her so often anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Charlene is going to be one of those Royal women who are very hands-on with their youngsters despite the employment of nannies. When her children are ill or have an issue she is going to want to care for them herself. She waited a long time for these babies and I completely understand her attitude.

In fact most of the new wave of Royal mothers are like this...Victoria famously bowing out of the 2011 Olympic Games to stay home with her newborn is an example. And the DoC is said to be very involved in Prince George's day-to-day nursery routine.

The next BIG official event in Monaco (after the baptism of the twins) is the Grand Prix and I am certain HSH will make her customary elegant, striking appearance...unless her babies need her for something else!;)

Good for Beatrice, already supporting Monaco!

Prince Albert and Pierre Casiraghi attended the Formula E Championship on May 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

And Prince Albert, Princess Caroline and Elisabeth-Anne and Mélanie de Massy attended the annual dog show in Monaco yesterday afternoon, May 10:

** atlanticopress.pt gallery **

** hola: Alberto y Carolina de Mónaco, del Bautizo Real inmediatamente al trabajo ** translation **

** royalista.com article ** pp gallery: Caroline et Albert de Monaco : Leur fin de week-end de baptême au poil...**

Last edited:

Prince Albert and Pierre Casiraghi attended the Formula E Championship on May 9:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

And Prince Albert, Princess Caroline and Elisabeth-Anne and Mélanie de Massy attended the annual dog show in Monaco yesterday afternoon, May 10:

** atlanticopress.pt gallery **

** hola: Alberto y Carolina de Mónaco, del Bautizo Real inmediatamente al trabajo ** translation **

** royalista.com article ** pp gallery: Caroline et Albert de Monaco : Leur fin de week-end de baptême au poil...**

Caroline's right knee has a problem, I think

I wonder if she fell and wrenched her knee and that is also why her legs are scratched. It looks painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom