Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6: June 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Melanie de Lusignan was probably there because she works in promotion.

Charlene looks simply and elegant. Best style that suits her.
Albert's cap says "La Martina". That's an argentinian polo team :)

Charlene looks simply and elegant. Best style that suits her.
Albert's cap says "La Martina". That's an argentinian polo team :)

Good catch! You must be pleased! I wonder who he knows on that team? It might also explain why there are no pictures with Prince Harry who was playing for the English team.

I agree. Charlene looked beautiful. Her dress, jacket and shoes complimented her in every way.:)

I rather think Prince Harry would not want to be seen with PA - it would be like being introduced to an elderly uncle :))

We see young Monegasque royals more often now at ''official'' events,galas,etc.That's very nice,i liked very much Melanie's photos with her uncle and Charlene.:)

Is it against royal protocol to have a member of the royal family, although in the non-ruling branch, as a lady-in-waiting? I think that Charlene might have Melanie as her lady-in-waiting.

We see young Monegasque royals more often now at ''official'' events,galas,etc.That's very nice,i liked very much Melanie's photos with her uncle and Charlene.:)
Albert's her second cousin, not Uncle. Her mother, Elisabeth-Anne de Massy is Albert's older cousin via his father's sister.

What a lovely photo of the three ladies of the family, & how close & happy they seem. Caroline deserves a great deal of credit for the way she maintains family ties through the family holidays & support for each other at events such as the one pictured.

Lovely pictures. Really shows the love that is between mother and daughter in both cases :flowers:

I'll post this here, seeing as Albert may be attending as well. On October 15, the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, Italy will play host to the first edition of the the Ballo del Giglio (Lily Ball?) in the presence and "under the patronage of Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover, President of Amade". Apparently, the gala was inspired by the Rose Ball and is promoted by the Honorary Consul of Monaco in Italy. The evening will raise funds towards the restoration of the statue of Hermes in the Palazzo Vecchio.
The charity evening was presented today by the mayor Matteo Renzi in the Palazzo Vecchio, the Honorary Consul of Monaco in Florence Alessandro Antonio Giusti and Ambassador of the Principality of Monaco in Italy Philippe Blanchi. Among the guests attending will be Prince Carlo di Borbone, Duke of Castro. His attendance isn't yet confirmed, but it's believed that Prince Albert will be attending also.
Source - Article

I'll post this here, seeing as Albert may be attending as well. On October 15, the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence, Italy will play host to the first edition of the the Ballo del Giglio (Lily Ball?) in the presence and "under the patronage of Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanover, President of Amade". Apparently, the gala was inspired by the Rose Ball and is promoted by the Honorary Consul of Monaco in Italy. The evening will raise funds towards the restoration of the statue of Hermes in the Palazzo Vecchio.

The Lily is the emblem of the city of Florence, as a reminder of the foundation of Florence by the Romans, which took place during the celebration of the Floralia, a Spring festivity in honour of the goddess Flora. Florence is also referred as the "city of the flower" (the lily).

Thanks Tosca! I knew the name Florence was to do with flowers but I had no idea Florence and lilies were so connected. :flowers:

The name comes from the Latin verb "florere" - to flower. The Gerund is "florens" - that which is flowering ...and keeps on flowering...

The name is still to be found in botanical language, e.g. in "Begonia semperflorens", a begonia which keeps on flowering.

End of Latin lesson :))

yesteday, there was a big picnic, there was the family of Monaco with Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock, Princess Caroline of Hanovre and Alexandra. It is said that Charlene had a long standing ovation before the mess,She seduced everybody, smiling and greeting and speaking in french and making photos with people of Monaco. Excuse my bad english (Nice Matin -Monaco)

The picnic was on Monaco Liberation Day which happens every year.

It's when PA dons Monegasque dress.

Apart from the couple and PC and Alex, there were also Elisabeth Ann and Melanie.

There was also a mass conducted by Canon César Penzo.

Georges Marsan, the Mayor, is looking a bit fed up...

Un pique-nique populaire | nicematin.com

nicematin.com

I am delighted for Charlene, I am so happy they are going to marry, I have always liked her since the first pix of them together !

It's good to see Caroline back on official engagements (& looking very stylish). Also to see her attending the same event as Charlene which can only help squash rumours of any fallout regarding who is the "queen bee" of Monaco - Actually I don't believe Caroline is put out by Charlene's presence one bit.

Alexandra is going to be a stunner, i can tell :wub:
I like that Charlene has her hair a little longer, i always liked her with longer hair.
And it's so nice to see Caroline back in official duties.

Glad to see Caro in an official capacity looking terrific and her regal self.

yesteday, there was a big picnic, there was the family of Monaco with Prince Albert, Charlene Wittstock, Princess Caroline of Hanovre and Alexandra. It is said that Charlene had a long standing ovation before the mess,She seduced everybody, smiling and greeting and speaking in french and making photos with people of Monaco. Excuse my bad english (Nice Matin -Monaco)
So CW's popularity has grown there among the regional people. Maybe it will eventually have the identical effect internationally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link to Nice-Martin. Did you read something different?

I doubt that anyone internationally will have any great admiration for Charlene Whitstock. Prince Albert and Monaco does not matter to many of us across the pond. Ms. Whitstock has not done much to impress Americans. Caribbean people have no interest in her.

In all honesty, all that matters is what Albert and the people of Monaco think of her.

SHE'S BACK... at last!!! P. Caroline is back looking relaxed, happy, pretty... and Alex, is becoming such a sweet little lady... what a joy to the eyesight!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

:easterbasket: :easterbasket: :easterbasket:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom