Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6: June 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elli C, you must have seen pix I haven't seen, pix where you see the ring ! I'd love to see it again !

Are you for real? There is nothing wrong with them letting loose dancing. That's all they are doing, dancing. They were having fun.
I agree with you! I find nothing wrong with that. Charlene just let her hair down and had a great time with her partner, who by the way looked to be very proud of her. I don't know, but that's what i receive from the pictures. No shame that they danced and felt free with music! They are the epitome of real royal people who don't pretend but are free and act naturally in a rock concert.

I like Charlene! :) Caroline seems really happy about the engagement; every recent picture I've seen of her is relaxed! I think it is a weight off her shoulders. I know the pictures aren't very dignified, but come on, they are having a good time!

The photos look completely staged and Monaco has been using Hello magazine and Paris Match for their propaganda for years. One cover of Paris Match has CW completely styled as Grace, with a circa 1955 hair style. Now we have these so-called 'natural' photographs of the princely family just 'rocking' with a story talking about their matching black outfits. I am not buying any of this, and then CW shows up on facebook to issue in the new era of 'Charlene'. The more this engagement goes along, the more superficial it all seems. It's an engagement of convienience.

I like the pictures of all of them "rocking" . They are natural and fresh,something other monarchies are so lacking....:flowers:. Bravo for them!!

I think "age appropriate" is what is at stake. No one else is behaving like that, and no one of that age would, even when trying to let loose. The "surfing" pose that CW did, appears to be for the benefit of the camera.

Imo

I can only see the awesomeness in Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and his fiancée appreciating a great American rock and roll band like Iggy and the Stooges (and ZZ Top). This is 2010, not 1956. No, I don't think that Princess Grace or Prince Rainier would have approved of such a concert taking place in front of the Palace were they still living. That said, I do not see it as undignified and/or disrespectful for the Princely Family to recognize music that isn't traditionally seen as 'proper' for aristocratic public listening. Now if Prince Albert had stripped off his shirt, smeared peanut butter on his chest, rolled around in broken glass, then went crowd surfing (as Iggy was known to do), THAT would have been rather shocking and quite inappropriate... though kinda' hilarious and frightening at the same time. I hope they continue to get their punker on! Next they should bring on John Lydon... I'd pay good money to see that!!! :brows:

I can only see the awesomeness in Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and his fiancée appreciating a great American rock and roll band like Iggy and the Stooges (and ZZ Top). This is 2010, not 1956. No, I don't think that Princess Grace or Prince Rainier would have approved of such a concert taking place in front of the Palace were they still living. That said, I do not see it as undignified and/or disrespectful for the Princely Family to recognize music that isn't traditionally seen as 'proper' for aristocratic public listening. Now if Prince Albert had stripped off his shirt, smeared peanut butter on his chest, rolled around in broken glass, then went crowd surfing (as Iggy was known to do), THAT would have been rather shocking and quite inappropriate... though kinda' hilarious and frightening at the same time. I hope they continue to get their punker on! Next they should bring on John Lydon... I'd pay good money to see that!!! :brows:

There is nothing wrong with going to a concert, or even Iggy Pop for that matter, but aside from that, it all appears staged. The PR seems on one level that they first wanted to show CW as the next Princess Grace, with her Paris Match cover that was nothing short of a Grace clone. Now, it's a move towards trying to show the couple as youthful and fun-loving. Nothing of these antics seem real. It is all for the benefit of the camera, after all, who asked the camera to be there in the first place.

She is Grace clone because she is a tall blonde with short hair. She can't help what she looks like. She also resembles Brigitte Nielsen to be honest.

The media is playing up the Grace resemblance (as well as members of this board) more than she is. And I dont buy the fact that Charlene claimed that Grace was the past and she is present. I think Charlene is bright enough to realize that being compared to Grace is not a race that she is NOT going to win.

And these comments that this engagement is contrived and its fake. How so....they certainly aren't pretending to be like a Victoria and Daniel when they first got engaged. To me its much ado about nothing. People don't like Charlene (and that's their right) but she could discover the cure to AIDS and cancer and people would still find fault with her.

For the record, Charlene (or Albert for that matter) doesn't move me. So its not like I am a Charlene cheerleader. I just hate to see people to be judged wanting or not good enough, when too me she hasn't done anything that states that she isn't. Don't get me wrong...I certainly think she could have been presented a better way. But she certainly isn't the 2nd coming of the Devil either.

Last edited:
Elli C, you must have seen pix I haven't seen, pix where you see the ring ! I'd love to see it again !
I was refering to a couple of pictures in the gallery - numbers 2 & 28 - but they are only glimpses

I loved seeing Albert, Charlene and Caroline enjoying themselves just like normal people at the the concert, they may move in royal circles but they are human just like anybody else.

Regarding the engagment I think Albert and Charlene are in love and marrying for love and have taken their time about it before they made their commitment public!!! and yes Charlene does look a little like Princess Grace, but a lot of men including my husband and brother and etc have married women that resemble their mums and I think thats just human nature;)

She is Grace clone because she is a tall blonde with short hair. She can't help what she looks like. She also resembles Brigitte Nielsen to be honest

Zonk that is so funny - everytime I see Charlene in one of the "Princess Grace" hairstyles my first thought is "wow she looks like Brigitte Nielson!" The 80's would have been in Albert's heydey, maybe that's what attracted him! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What on earth is wrong with having fun?? There is no age limit to having a good time dancing and having fun. Even if they are Royals, they are allowed to have fun!

What fun! I love these photos, Princess Caroline looks relaxed and beautiful!

These are great pix, thanks for posting them. :flowers:

Are you for real? There is nothing wrong with them letting loose dancing. That's all they are doing, dancing. They were having fun.

Have not yet seen Princess Stephanie with her newly engaged brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law. Princess Caroline seems so happy.

On July 16th, there is the annual Fight Aids Monaco fundraising Gala - another opportunity for the family to support Stephanie - and Charlene.

^Oh, I'm looking forward to see that, as well as the Red Cross Ball on July 30th. I bet we'll see Stephanie in both galas, and Charlene too. I doubt about Princess Caroline, although i would love to see her in both events.

Stephanie has got to turn up - It's her project.... I just thought that PA, CW and PC might all turn up.
After all, she has had a great success with the Maison de Vie...

We'll see...

Princess Caroline hasn't ever attended any of Princess Stephanie's
Fight Aids Monaco events, so it's very unlikely that we'll see her
tomorrow. Could be that Prince Albert and/or Charlene Wittstock
attend as they'e done so before, but let us wait and see - the
appropriate thread will be this one:

** Princess Stephanie for Fight Aids Monaco and UNAIDS - Part 2 **

I love the shoes she was wearing! She looked good in the strapless dress.

There in England, how nice.
She looks wonderful in that white dress.

Wow, what a nice surprise to see them in England and at such an
event! Charlene's style is also really nice, it already gives an idea
of her look as a princess during day events!

Here they are pictured with Ronnie Wood:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I don't think that dress flatters Charlene's figure at all...it makes her waist look thick. :sad:

But I LOVE her shoes..I want them !:p And I also love the photo of CW and the dog...it's a good sign since she is going to be marrying into the animal loving Grimaldi family! :whistling:

She and Albert look more relaxed and happier than I have ever seen them together.

OT..Ron Wood is a scary looking man....!! :ohmy:

l

Oh my God! I think Melanie is gruesome dressed :ohmy:, Charlene instead is very simple and chic .

I wonder if Albert & Charlene are pictured with Harry - havent seen any in the galleries yet

I like how charlene holds up her ring finger hand to her chin as if she is contimpliative.

I like how charlene holds up her ring finger hand to her chin as if she is contimpliative.

Yes but it's still difficult to get a close up of the ring:argh: yet to find a good picture of her wearing it, but I guess we soon will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom