Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events 3 : May 2007 - Aug.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is quite an amusing review in todays paper (there was some report yesterday but fairly neutral). According to the paper when Muse finally appeared there were the 20.000 spectators which the organizers anticipated (though the pic shows a lot of space). In the run up the second group kept repeating their proper name for the audience to remember and photographers were mostly keeping an eye on Steph while waiting for ALbert. When he arrived at the end of Kaiser chiefs, he quickly disappeared again in his loge and all that was to see were a lot of guys in dark suits. Charlene is briefly mentioned as a certain Charlene Wittstock.

I have to say that until recently I didn't know that the concert was taking place. Ok I don't pay that much attention to billboards, but when there were concerts in Munich you knew who was comming to town even without being interested or liking the music. And you knew at least some of the music. I'm probably totally outdated, but I haven't heard a single song of that band (actually neither of the 3 bands). In Munich every radio station would at least play once in each show a song of whoever was coming ad there would be plenty of games for give away seats. One of my friends used to be assistant to Marcel Avram, the guy who used to organize Michael jackson tours in Europe (and other big names). She told me a little about how they generated awareness, how they would get celebrities to attend etc. Apart from Albert and Steph, who was there? There are so many celebs on holidays right now in the area, why not offer them to come to town? Celebs draw publicity, there might be more people next time if you play it right. Anyone remember the vatican concert that was moved to Monaco? Anyone hear anything about it? When JPII was attending, the world was watching, you'd see all sorts of people wanting to be there, last edition...zilch. Did anyone go, did is take place? it seems that all events that would draw celebs (and I don't mean yesterdays or better last weeks celebs) of A class to Monaco have moved away. No more world music (though that event seems to be killing itself), no more Laureus awards and at the last Grand Prix there was talk about possible closing. Same with the tennis. At present players are still comming, but for how much longer? The SBM has already leaked here and there that some dusting is necessary to make Monaco attractive for people, especially the younger generation.

Sounds like things are going down hill in the tourist area if they can't draw crowds. How sad. It also sounds like he needs the "trio" on board in which case he needs Caroline more than she needs him. JMO

Last edited:
I think that tourists are still here but tourists with plenty of money I'm not sure... and Monaco needs tourists with plenty of money... (look at prices here...)

There is quite an amusing review in todays paper (there was some report yesterday but fairly neutral). According to the paper when Muse finally appeared there were the 20.000 spectators which the organizers anticipated (though the pic shows a lot of space). In the run up the second group kept repeating their proper name for the audience to remember and photographers were mostly keeping an eye on Steph while waiting for ALbert. When he arrived at the end of Kaiser chiefs, he quickly disappeared again in his loge and all that was to see were a lot of guys in dark suits. Charlene is briefly mentioned as a certain Charlene Wittstock. .............
I.
if i remember they were blabling about wedding... love... few weeks ago (Nice Matin... Monaco Matin???)
I had a glance on Monaco Matin and i don't see words Charlene Wittstock....

Here’s a link to a Monaco Times article about the Muse concert. Below, I included an excerpt from the article. It seems that the article writer also likes the way that Charlene dresses. This writer found her attire elegant. Also, the concert attendance was less than what was expected. Perhaps, Prince Albert should advertise that the elegant Charlene will be there next time and maybe more will come. Here’s a picture of a great view of the concert.
ADIDM website sppeks about 20000 spectators and Monaco Matin too... i guess that there were less people... because we can see unoccupied seats...
the elegant Charlene was with her elegant Albert behind a lot of bodyguards...so if people want to see bodyguards, they will come next time... Razzis were looking on Stéphanie's box her new boyfriend was supposed to be here.... on today's paper they didn't say that razzis were looking on Charlene and Albert... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
ADIDM website sppeks about 20000 spectators and Monaco Matin too... i guess that there were less people... because we can see unoccupied seats...
the elegant Charlene was with her elegant Albert behind a lot of bodyguards...so if people want to see bodyguards, they will come next time... Razzis were looking on Stéphanie's box her new boyfriend was supposed to be here.... on today's paper they didn't say that razzis were looking on Charlene and Albert... :lol:

and in http://www.monaco.mc/actuArticle.do?idArticle=60821 the journalists should not have gone to the good place!!! :ROFLMAO:
other sound, it's a flopppp!!!

"This was an event the Sovereign Prince Albert II was not going to miss," he would have better done not not to go there :lol:

lckc571

Once all the "hoopla" about PA allegedly getting married is over, there will be no much talk about Charlene. It really doesn't matter if PA ends up marrying Charlene or not media is going to stop talking about her because she isn't interesting personality at all. Outside of the initial excitement "is she going to be next Princess" there is nothing interesting/amusing about her or her life. She is so ordinary in every sense of that word, that if I were media I wouldn't know what to write about her, except maybe what she had dressed and that would be only if I had to mention her at all.

lckc571 the only word i could read in the article was" la mayonnaise n'a pas prise" which i put on ham sandwiches. could you translate a little for me :)
why was it a flop? bad bands? low attendance? no royalty or celebs?
as far as charlene looking elegant:ROFLMAO: wonder what they promish or pay these people who think we are fools and are part of the plan to push her down people throats. :bang: do they write this stuff to stay on the good side of the prince or do they write this stuff because the prince wants them to and feeds them the copy. either way it ain't working and its insulting.

i would be doing exactly what caroline is doing, pretending she doesn't exist and making my feelings plain without having to say a word. Caroline is a strong personality i can't imagine her doing anything she doesn't want to do, much less making nice with the likes of charlene. if charlene is lucky and becomes a princess she would be wise to quietly take the 4th position (albert, caroline, steph) and give the true princessess due respect and try not to overshadow (like she could) or upstage either sister, perhaps then they will thaw towards her and in 20 years they might talk to her at dinner.

Here are some more pictures from Wenn:

Charlene 1
. :)

OK, that is a beautiful picture!:rolleyes:
If Pa is thinking to marry Charlene he would NEVER let her greet people like that. Neither in a public nor in a private! Is this a future Princess?!:eek: What a disgrace!
I believe PA when he said that he has NO plans to marry anytime soon. Especially not to Charlene. He might act stupid lately but he isn't that dumb. He has been around the block a few times, and he knows what is expected of him. At least when it comes to marriage.
IMO he is going to marry ONLY if he meets someone really special, until then he will just have fun with girls like Charlene!

if i remember they were blabling about wedding... love... few weeks ago (Nice Matin... Monaco Matin???)
IIRC, CW was mentioned in yesterday's article, but not in today's. :confused: I'm pleased to see Monaco Matin still thinks she isn't worth mentioning. :innocent: I do find it odd that they "waste" so much newspaper space on something as non-eventful as a pop concert? BTW, is it just me or was the mood in the princely box more of a funerial than of a party nature? The pics I saw weren't all that bouncy and dancing and all. More of a well-I-have-to-be-here-and-it-is-sort-of-ok-but-I-know-places-I-would-rather-be mood.
Once all the "hoopla" about PA allegedly getting married is over, there will be no much talk about Charlene. It really doesn't matter if PA ends up marrying Charlene or not media is going to stop talking about her because she isn't interesting personality at all. Outside of the initial excitement "is she going to be next Princess" there is nothing interesting/amusing about her or her life. She is so ordinary in every sense of that word, that if I were media I wouldn't know what to write about her, except maybe what she had dressed and that would be only if I had to mention her at all.
I hope that before they stop mentioning her, they find time, place and opportunity to finally write a negative article about her, show her contradicting herself and all the other things.
But you're right on the mark here, I think.

Here are some more pictures from Wenn:
Charlene 1
That woman (man?) in the first pic looks like she sees a ghost. What could Charlene be hiding in her armpit? Snakes, like Medusa? ;) Weird, but priceless pic...

I think that tourists are still here but tourists with plenty of money I'm not sure... and Monaco needs tourists with plenty of money... (look at prices here...)
Lots of tourists only stay for the day. They come in busses or with cruiseships. They don't spend much money here. They might eat or drink sth, but low budget tourists grab a sandwich in the supermarket and a drink too instead of paying 5 times the price in a snack or go to a restaurant. especially when it is families. They don't buy souvenirs, they buy postcards, but often enough not even that since they all have their cameras and mobile phones to send pics and messages to friends. It is a new generation with new technology and most souvenirs are not even from here but produced who knows where and rather tasteless. SBM has also a problem with attracting gamblers. Monaco is not attractive enough for the big ones. People don't stay in hotels more then 2 nights. Unless there is a convention or special event going on, they are not attracting people. And if Monacos image goes down business tourism will seize as employees will find it no incentive to come to Monaco. There are other places that are less expensive. But Grimaldi forum is operating mostly on this type of tourism. The concerts and exhibitions won't finance it.

it is in todays paper. There is a review of the concert. sth like some people left early because of the noise (duh, what did they expect? but I think they say sth about some technical problem?).

Only the Nice part was speculating about longer stay. that was just before st jean. This is the first time since a while that I have seen her name mentioned in the MC section and she is not referred to as companion, swimmer, girlfriend or anything else just certain. They might have the article on maprincpaute as well.

That woman (man?) in the first pic looks like she sees a ghost. What could Charlene be hiding in her armpit? Snakes, like Medusa? ;) Weird, but priceless pic...

Poor guy is stunned that someone, especially someone dating a head of state, would reach over his head to high five/greet people. Of course that doesn't faze Charlene at all. She is totally clueless!!

charlene resembles a spectrum, which diabolise all that she looks at deadline press
Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

lckc571
not sure if it is a good thing for Thierry lacoste manhandling Charlene. friend of Albert or not, but he is definetely too close to her. I find that disrespectful towards Albert and also her. It shows what he really thinks of her.

not sure if it is a good thing for Thierry lacoste manhandling Charlene. friend of Albert or not, but he is definetely too close to her. I find that disrespectful towards Albert and also her. It shows what he really thinks of her.

I fear extremely that Albert card-indexes himself some, he never really followed the protocol to the front letter, and then he must believe that she is conquered (that the other men cannot take her to him) and then they are his "employees" act according to the good desire of Prince Albert, they will not go against his orders. there is another woman with T lacoste, I don't know who she is..

BelgaPicture

lckc571

I fear extremely that Albert card-indexes himself some, he never really followed the protocol to the front letter, and then he must believe that she is conquered (that the other men cannot take her to him) and then they are his "employees" act according to the good desire of Prince Albert, they will not go against his orders. there is another woman with T lacoste, I don't know who she is..

BelgaPicture

lckc571
I think she is the wife of Mike Powers, but not sure. Seen her face before.

I'm almost sure that you are right paca...Seen her face before too...

Lets get back on subject please.

Princely Family of Monaco Moderators

Hey, it’s now a family affair. Prince Albert, Princess Stephanie, and Charlene walked in together to Stephanie’s Fight Aids Gala tonight. Here’s a link to a Monaco Revue article and there’s a video of a great interview (in English) with Stephanie. Stephanie seems to have placed a lot of thought and care into this project (I love her cpmments about the garden). Click on the picture to play the video. During the interview they show the family entering. Below is an excerpt of the article.

Here are some first pictures. I'll refrain from commenting on the obvious from these pictures.
Albert, Stephanie, Charlene
Albert, Stephanie, Charlene, Patrick
Albert, Stephanie, Patrick
Albert &Charlene
Fight AIDS Monaco gala 2007

Princess Stephanie made the call on behalf of those suffering as a result of AIDS and Monaco's well-heeled responded.

With the help of French artiste Patrick Bruel, the princess' charity, Fight AIDS Monaco, staged its annual charity dinner on July 20 at Le Sporting Monte-Carlo. Proceeds will go towards the organization's project to construct a house for those who are affected by the disease and don't have a home or need to get away from the stresses of life.
…..
The event was patronized by Monaco sovereign Prince Albert II. Seated to his left at the head table was Charlene Wittstock, a member of South Africa's fifth-finishing Sydney Olympics swim relay team, who has been photographed with the prince since they first appeared before international cameras at the Turin Olympics in February 2006.

Last edited:
Fight Aids Monaco (FAM) President Princess Stephanie (front) is pictured during a lottery organised to collect money for FAM during the Fight Aids Charity Gala which takes place in the Sporting Club of Monaco, 20 July 2007. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT

ANP Beeldbank

ANP Beeldbank

Fight Aids Monaco (FAM) President, Princess Stephanie (C-R), FAM president of honour Prince Albert II of Monaco (C-L) and his friend, South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock (C) attend the Charity Gala which takes place in the Sporting Club of Monaco, 20 July 2007. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

:flowers:

I like the way they describe Charlene. I hope they'll be using that if ever there will be a wedding announcement: Albert II of Monaco married Charlene Wittstock, a member of South Africa's fifth-finishing Sydney Olympics swim relay team. Now please read that aloud and imagine the newsspeaker having to repeat this everytime Charlene is mentioned in the news feed.:D For Germans I would like to remind you of Loriots "th" excercise with evelyn Hamann as the speaker "Tiäitsch-Übung" mit Evelyn Hamann - SpassForen For those who are not from German speaking background: while reading the text the speaker is having a nervous breakdown....

Thanks for the pics. Albert and Charlene on their way to a funeral? (though Charlene seems to be heading for a prom-funeral) Steph taking fashion advice from Charlene(the opening pants)? I like the colours and pattern of that top, but not this bra thing she is wearing on top of it.(Madonna, Cindy Lauper in the 80s? wrong hairstyle though if that's what she was aiming for) Apart from that I think she is looking good. I like how she wears her hair there. Very feminin.

And she is so happy to be there...

I like the way they describe Charlene. I hope they'll be using that if ever there will be a wedding announcement: Albert II of Monaco married Charlene Wittstock, a member of South Africa's fifth-finishing Sydney Olympics swim relay team. Now please read that aloud and imagine the newsspeaker having to repeat this everytime Charlene is mentioned in the news feed.:D For Germans I would like to remind you of Loriots "th" excercise with evelyn Hamann as the speaker "Tiäitsch-Übung" mit Evelyn Hamann - SpassForen For those who are not from German speaking background: while reading the text the speaker is having a nervous breakdown....

LOL Thanks paca. So now we have come full circle, Not girlfriend, not official companion, not model but Olympic 5th place finisher. So, is this for us to now take her more seriously? It's a little late - I don't mean to take away her accomplishment but at this point don't we all just call her the girlfriend and haven't the press been doing that also, so why the sudden change? And Stephanie is being civil and actually speaking to her. Albert looks the same as always. I hate to say it but at this point he goes to so many events they could just put up a cardboard cut out of him and people can stand there and have their pictures taken just like at Mme. Tussands.

Albert looks the same as always. I hate to say it but at this point he goes to so many events they could just put up a cardboard cut out of him and people can stand there and have their pictures taken just like at Mme. Tussands.
Yes he's being very inflational lately.

Thanks for the pics. Albert and Charlene on their way to a funeral? (though Charlene seems to be heading for a prom-funeral) Steph taking fashion advice from Charlene(the opening pants)? I like the colours and pattern of that top, but not this bra thing she is wearing on top of it.(Madonna, Cindy Lauper in the 80s? wrong hairstyle though if that's what she was aiming for) Apart from that I think she is looking good. I like how she wears her hair there. Very feminin.

And she is so happy to be there...
I think Princess Stephanie cares deeply about her project, the video interview shows this. Why wouldn't she be at this gala - it's a charity fundraiser? She is happy, well at least smiling in these below two pictures - thus far. Maybe other pictures may come out where she is smiling with everyone. I like the pattern and color scheme in Stephanie's outfit, but definitely not the style for this occassion. I actually like Charlene's dress and her smile is constantly on, so perhaps she should give Princess Stephanie lessons on smiling for the camera.

LOL Thanks paca. So now we have come full circle, Not girlfriend, not official companion, not model but Olympic 5th place finisher. So, is this for us to now take her more seriously? It's a little late - I don't mean to take away her accomplishment but at this point don't we all just call her the girlfriend and haven't the press been doing that also, so why the sudden change?
I think her title depends on who writes the article or caption. I forgot to place the caption for the ANP pictures. Here it is.

Fight Aids Monaco (FAM) president, Princess Stephanie (L), FAM president of honour Prince Albert II of Monaco (C), and his friend, South African swimmer Charlene Wittstock (R) attend the Charity Gala wich takes place in the Sporting Club of Monaco, 20 July 2007. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT

Last edited:
I didn't mean that she didn't want to be at the gala, but not necessarily photographed... She certainly cares for her project and she is into every detail, which shows that she is not just a figurehead but out of vocation involved.

Before this goes any further...any posts that start speculating on the relationship or lack of one between Charlene and Stephanie, or any posts suggesting that Stephanie doesn't look happy when standing next to Charlene, etc. will be deleted without notice.

While everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion about the relationship that Charlene has with Caroline and/or Stephanie.....we (the public) will never know the truth. So let's not go there.

If anyone has questions and/or concerns...then please contact a moderator or administrator.

Thank you.

Hi guys. This is one time I must say that Charlene looked nice.

On this occasion Charlene did definitely look better than Steph, and her outfit was more suited for the event. So now Charlene arrives at events together with the family...interesting...

Stephanie looks great to me Looks like the gala was great Albert also looks good and Charlene looked good also good to see big brother coming out to support steph but he always come to this new touch to bring Charlene {ignored moderator warning- Lady Jennifer}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom