Princely Family of Monaco Current Events 1 : May 2003 - June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole family looks a bit worse for wear. Stephanie is looking like a female body builder. :yuk:

i wonder why HELLO stated that charlotte was going to attend. Caroline looks good as usual..stephanie looks very masculine as usual :lol:

Originally posted by Windsorfan@Aug 6th, 2004 - 10:21 pm
What is Red Cross Ball mean?
It's a charity event to raise money for the Red Cross in Monaco.

the reason for why andrea and charlotte does not attend might be the simple reason that none of them are "royal" officialy. They do not carry any title and therfore they do not get a "freeticket" to the ball so to speak...and trust me,a ticket to a ball such as this is VERY expensive. When this is said, my guess is that neither C or A cares to waste several thousands on a couple of boring hours with doscussions conserning politics,money,and whatever old rich people talk about..I know I would rather have a night on the town with my friends...and my guess is so would they!

Originally posted by sandee@Aug 7th, 2004 - 2:02 am
i wonder why HELLO stated that charlotte was going to attend. Caroline looks good as usual..stephanie looks very masculine as usual :lol:
maybe it was a last moment change of mind...

Hi,

I think it would be pretty boring for Charlotte at the Red Cross Ball. There is really no one else her age there, and it usually seems like the same old crowd year after year: Gina Lollobrigida, Roger Moore, Karl Lagerfeld, etc. And I doubt she'd have much in common with Woody Allen, Paul Anka, or Lionel Ritchie. In many ways, this seems like a party of has-beens. Honestly, if they don't get some new blood in soon I forsee this ball dying on the vine.

Albert looked good at the ball. His white tux was sunning. :heart:

Originally posted by goldneagle88@Aug 7th, 2004 - 9:02 am
Hi,

I think it would be pretty boring for Charlotte at the Red Cross Ball. There is really no one else her age there, and it usually seems like the same old crowd year after year: Gina Lollobrigida, Roger Moore, Karl Lagerfeld, etc. And I doubt she'd have much in common with Woody Allen, Paul Anka, or Lionel Ritchie. In many ways, this seems like a party of has-beens. Honestly, if they don't get some new blood in soon I forsee this ball dying on the vine.
Yeah, it did have a feeling of something that has seen better and more exciting days, something very yesterday.

Well, I suggest they should have worn light colored dresses. With all the black tux of the men plus the black gowns of the ladies, it looks like all of them are mourning. But I am not saying that black is not a good choice.

Well, I'm happy that Caroline, Stephanie and Albert are together. It is very special to them especially that Prince Rainier attended.

Stephanie looks cheap if you ask me. No class whatsover.

catinkana84vs. said:
the reason for why andrea and charlotte does not attend might be the simple reason that none of them are "royal" officialy. They do not carry any title and therfore they do not get a "freeticket" to the ball so to speak...and trust me,a ticket to a ball such as this is VERY expensive. When this is said, my guess is that neither C or A cares to waste several thousands on a couple of boring hours with doscussions conserning politics,money,and whatever old rich people talk about..I know I would rather have a night on the town with my friends...and my guess is so would they!

The last time i heard it was 1000 Euros a ticket...now that is expensive!!!>____<

<Removed comments related to a deleted post>

anyhow, stephanie looks really bad. and caroline, nothing really wow about her outfit. it's a pretty boring affair that could have been remedied had the new grimaldis decided to show up.

Last edited by a moderator:
<Removed comments related to a deleted post>

anyhow, stephanie looks really bad. and caroline, nothing really wow about her outfit. it's a pretty boring affair that could have been remedied had the new grimaldis decided to show up.

Just wondering, how does one know whether the Red Cross Ball was a marvelous or boring event based on the photo stills? I mean, unless one was present at the ball, how can one really tell that it was a boring affair? The Red Cross Ball had always been a great party. Sure, it would have been nice to see photos of either Charlotte or Andrea at the ball but for what? To satisfy the media hunger for new photos of them? Just curious, that's all.

Stephanie at Red Cross Ball

carlota said:
although her dress wasn't very regal, stephanie was stunning!! :p

I loved seeing Stephanie at the Ball at all, given that she has boycotted/been excluded from it in recent years. And I also thought she looked terrific. Her evening wear choices can be a bit dicey. Often they empasize the wrong things -- her swimmer's broad shoulders, very muscular arms, or boyish waistline. But I thought this dress suited her well, and I liked her hair not being scraped back tightly as it so often is. I just wish she would wear it a few shades lighter. :)

It also seems to me that Stephanie has no class :(

rarotonga said:
Just wondering, how does one know whether the Red Cross Ball was a marvelous or boring event based on the photo stills? I mean, unless one was present at the ball, how can one really tell that it was a boring affair? The Red Cross Ball had always been a great party. Sure, it would have been nice to see photos of either Charlotte or Andrea at the ball but for what? To satisfy the media hunger for new photos of them? Just curious, that's all.

oh i don't know for sure. i'm sure it's not boring if you're an ultra rich person because parties like the red cross ball would give you a chance to further your connections, and exchange a few, mundane, uninteresting quips with other ultra rich persons... i should know, my father was once a diplomat [he dragged me to balls/ social gatherings] and though i can't recall having attended a party as grand as the RCB [and i have attended some fair share of social events especially in eastern europe, southeast asia], i can't imagine how it would be different. probably more famous faces in it than other parties but then if you spend a few minutes with those people it's either you get stifled by their egos or they get farther and farther away from the image they project and before the evening ends you always wish you were somewhere else. i just can't imagine how another charity ball could be more interesting. unless of course the grimaldi kids are there... %-))))))))

and yes, it would have been nice to see charlotte &/ andrea at the ball not only to satisfy the 'media hunger' but truthfully the hunger of paparazzi patronizing people like us who very much want to see charlotte in a wonderful ball gown for a change instead of the usual jeans or bikini and to see andrea wearing a tuxedo instead of those bohemian clothes he's always in and of course, his hair neatly combed.

It would be nice to see the kids at a fancy function. It is always fun and easy on the eyes to look at youth in their prime. Anyone descended from Grace and Ranier are blessed (or cursed) with incredibly good looks. The camera loves them.

Notice how the paparazzi do not photograph as often the royals who are frumpy, dowdy, or just plain not so attractive. (I'm trying to think of which royals those are. Many in the British RF are okay, even cute, but not insanely classically beautiful like the Grimaldi folks.)

I think Charlotte, like her mother in her youth, is stomp-down, head-turning, eye-catching, jaw-dropping gorgeous. Cameras follow people like that.

Plus, I think after all the scandals of Stephanie and Caroline, and the disappointment of Albert not marrying or having children, for whatever reason, royal watchers like us have high hopes to admire the future of the young Monegasques. I, for one, want to be happy and excited for the younger generation there. I hope they make good choices with their good fortunes and are mindful of their reputations and other people's boundaries.

I just joined Royal Blue after LTR was momentarily out of business but i prefer LTR, Royal Blue just doesn't seem the same... ^__^

Caroline, Albert and Stephanie (together), Pictures and News Thread

Thought I'd start a thread on all the news and pics of the siblings together.

Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Prince Albert distribute gifts to the Monaco Red Cross for the elderly in Monaco on Monday, 15 November 2004 to mark Monaco's national holiday which takes place on 19 November. EPA/David Niviere FRANCE OUT

Attachments

• 00313084.jpg
    00313084.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 00313085.jpg
    00313085.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 287
  • 00313082.jpg
    00313082.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 254
Great idea for starting thread of siblings together! Finally they are family..

some more pics from when Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie distributed presents to the old people at the Monaco Red Cross on Monaco's National Day.

From Colourpress

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 231
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 219
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 263
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 253
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 255
I must admit I think Stephanie looks very nice with her hair like that. I'm usually a Stephanie basher, but she is quite attractive with her hair normal looking.

I think they worked on this project last year too. I wish Stephanie would lighten
her hair and not wear black it just makes her look older and more masculine.But at least she hasn't gone back to cornrows.
Wittykitty.;)

I agree with that, but I'm just relieved she stopped that curling Lionel-Richie thing. That was horrifying

I think that Stephanie looks very pretty in that last pic. She looks happy and healthy. I like her dress as well.

Monaco National Day 2004

National Day celebrations in Monte Carlo, Monaco

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 215
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 289
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 319
Rainer attend?Caroline looks very nice!But Stephanie doesn't wear hat or wear nicer.This day is the national Day!Not wear like that.

more pics!!!

Attachments

• oo.jpg
    oo.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 242
  • ooo.jpg
    ooo.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 261
  • oooo.jpg
    oooo.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 225
  • ooooo.jpg