Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 31: January 2016 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

Indeed! As a little addition: I've checked the Monaco Matin interview you've mentioned and that was published today: it's the one he had already given on November 13 (see my post above) so that makes at least one event less on that busy day...?

Prince Albert participated in the "Mediterranean of the Future" conference in Marseille, France, today, November 21:

** belga gallery **

Prince Albert today at the arrival of the No Finish Line, solidarity project. Running or walking on a circuit of 1400m open 24h / 24h for 8 days. One kilometer traveled = 1 € donated for projects in favor of disadvantaged children.

Belga Image

He even fit this in between all the other events on National Day? I truly admire his work ethics, he certainly is a great leader! Monaco can be proud...

:previous: Albert's no slacker, that's for sure. Given the fact that he is the immensely wealthy prince of a tiny and prosperous country no would blink an eye if he chose to lead the good life.

But his causes..the environment, world economics, sports for handicapped persons(the Special Olympics) are global causes that stretch far beyond the Principality on the Med...this in addition for almost always being personally on the scene of every major event in the Principality's calendar and taking a very personal interest in his subjects.

For various reasons I don't think Albert gets the credit that he's due, but I've come to admire him a great deal.

^^^previous
Yes, I love how he is always present and smiling at all the events in Monaco. And he manages to always look interested in whatever event he is attending.

And I believe he is also a very gentle and compassionate soul who really cares about others. I notice how very often he uses both hands or puts his hand on the arm of a person he is shaking hands with.

You are right: P Albert doesn't always get the credit that he deserves.

I am agree with you, C4A and Moonmaiden23, Albert cares about the people of Monaco in all the fields in Monaco plus he is a big defender of the environment

Last Sunday, it was the national fest with all the ceremonies , it was a busy day with also a officiel diner at the palace with the most important persons of Monaco and the evening, there was the big gala but he added the ' No Finish line arriving'
Very often, he has busy day as this one. compliments

Just a little thing, he let the presidence of the special olympics of Monaco to Charlene in 2012

Ahhh...I should have remembered that the Special Olympics /Monaco are now under Charlene's patronage...thanks melinapremiere.

Prince Albert visited the construction site of the future Eco-Quartier Anse du Portier in Monaco:

** fb gallery **

Here are some additional photos:

** gettyimages gallery **

On November 21 Prince Albert received a cheque of 100000 euros for the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation. The money was raised during the Summer Dream charity event this summer, Prince Albert had attended as well:

** Pic **

Here are a few more photos featuring HSH Prince Albert II at the AAF Athletics Awards 2017 in Larvotto on November 24th

PPE Agency

Prince Albert attended a plenary meeting of the Strategic Council for Attractiveness at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco today, November 29:

** Pic ** fb gallery **

And later he visited the new aquarium of the new oceanological observatory of Banyuls-sur-Mer, France:

** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:

Today, November 30, Prince Albert inspected the new solar panels placed on the Chateau Amiral building in Monaco:

** belga gallery **

Today, December 5, Prince Albert attended the screening of the documentary "The Prince and the Sea" at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco. The documentary is about Prince Albert's commitment to the oceans:

** Pic **

Prince Albert attended a lunch hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron as part of the One Planet Summit and the summit itself in Paris today, December 12:

Prince Albert attended a lunch hosted by French President Emmanuel Macron as part of the One Planet Summit and the summit itself in Paris today, December 12:

M le Président de la République every inch sharply dressed and then Prince Albert, walking the cour d'honneur with the Garde Républicaine presenting arms, dressed in a parka.... :ermm:

It was very cold this day and a parka is not a cloth of a homeless person, it is a very smart cloth that every man may wear on his tailor and Albert don't keep it during the diner , he wore a tailor like the other guests.

Today, December 23, Prince Albert together with David Coulthard viewed the new exhibition "Bugatti from 1923 to 2016" held at the museum of the Cars Collection of the Prince of Monaco:

** profimedia gallery **

Later he attended the Pro A match between Monaco and Le Portel in Monaco:

Does anyone have an English translation of Prince Albert's New Year's eve speech? I don't understand French at all. Do we also know why he does a speech at New Years and not at Christmas?

It is a tradition, the princes of Monaco are always doing a speech at New Year

Prince Albert attended the annual New Year's reception of the security forces of Monaco today, January 16:

** belga gallery **

Prince Albert was in Menton, France, today, January 18, to unveil the first plaque of the historic sites of the Grimaldis in Menton:

** belga gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom