Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 30: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On May 7, Albert was at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai to attend the 6th Annual Zayed International Prize.

Quote from The Royal Correspondent
During yesterday’s ceremony the sovereign prince was presented with the Global Leadership in Environment and Sustainable Development Award for his “…environmental work carried out by his foundation (Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco)…” according to the newspaper, Gulf Times.

Article with photo; Zayed Prize honours ‘green warriors’ - gulfnews.com

May 8, Nall's monumental sculpture "Japanese Magnolia" was inaugurated tonight by SAS Prince Albert in the presence of the artist, members of the Government and other notables, in Monte Carlo, Monaco.

Japanese Magnolia a Nall masterpiece - Monaco life

Photo of the sculpture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Albert opened the Medpi, the European market for the distribution of interactive products, at the Grimaldi Forum today, May 13:

** Pic **

On Saturday, May 17, Prince Albert as Honorary President of the Brasil Monaco Project attended the annual gala of the project in Monaco.

** Pic **

Yesterday, May 18, he was pictured in Cannes, France, where the annual Cannes Film Festival is currently taking place.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I LOVE this!!!! :flowers: I love Prince Albert's dedication to the environment and how he has influenced others with such an important topic that affects ALL of mankind. After all we are only the stewards of this wonderful place we call earth.

Yesterday, May 31, Prince Albert together with French President Francois Hollande attended the Top 14 Final between RC Toulon and Castres Olympique at Stade de France in Saint-Denis near Paris.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Yesterday, June 5, Prince Albert opened the exhibition "Sharks and Humanity" at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco.

** Pic ** fb: Exposition "Sharks and Humanity" **

Today, June 6, he attended the D-Day commemoration to mark the allied invasion 70 years ago at Sword Beach, Ouistreham, France.

Pics and information can be found at the following extra thread:

** D-Day 70th Anniversary; June 6th, 2014 **

Prince Albert and South African Archbishop and Nobel Peace laureate in 1984, Desmond Tutu attended the premiere of the documentary 'Children of the Light' at the 54rd Monte Carlo Television Festival on June 8, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

I can't believe they showed the account number. Thousands of people are now trying to write a check on that account.

At the invitation of current United States Secretary of State John Kerry Prince Albert delivered a speech at the "Our Ocean" conference, focusing on sustainable fisheries, marine pollution and ocean acidification, at the State Department in Washington D.C. today, June 16.

Prince Albert and John Kerry also had a work meeting earlier today.

** gettyimages/zimbio: John Kerry Meets with Prince Albert of Monaco ** gettyimages **

** state.gov: Remarks With Prince Albert II of Monaco Before Their Meeting **

I wonder if he will come back to Monaco before the world cup game he's due to attend on 20th June or if he'll fly straight to Brazil from America.

I wonder if he will come back to Monaco before the world cup game he's due to attend on 20th June or if he'll fly straight to Brazil from America.

what game will he be attending?

According to iol.co.za he will attend the South Korea/ Belgium match on June 26.

He was also scheduled to attend the Argentina/Bosnia match on June 15, but I don't think he was present. Perhaps he will return to Monaco from Washington to attend the religious fest on June 19?

Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy gave a talk about economic concerns as part of the Deloitte World Meet convention at the Fairmont Hotel n Monaco today, June 18. Prince Albert attended the speech and held an informal meeting with Sarkozy afterwards.

** Pic **

Was there a religious festival today they were due to attend? I thought I read that somewhere.

:previous:

"Fête-Dieu" - the Feast of Corpus Christi - was celebrated with a procession in Monaco this evening. I'm sure we'll soon have pics and will see who attended and who did not :flowers:

:previous:

The "Fête-Dieu" celebrations were not attended by any member of the family, I've had a look through the pics by now.

But Prince Albert yesterday, June 23, attended the "Fête De La Saint Jean" procession in Monaco:

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbo gallery **

Prince Albert as Chair of the IOC's Sport and Environment Commission attended the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Conference in Nairobi, Kenya, today, June 26, he also participated in the "Global Ocean Commission" press conference.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** gettyimages gallery **

Prince Albert is on a visit to Chile from June 30 to July 2, 2014.

Today, June 30, he attended a meeting at the Hydrographic and Oceanographic Service of the Chilean Navy building in Valparaiso city.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Albert will also meet President Michelle Bachelet, inaugurate the annual conference of the Monaco Blue Initiative and attend a gala dinner for AMADE Chile.

Gosh he is becoming the Pillsbury dough boy! You can't even blame it on 'sympathy weight' as it was well before he met Charlene !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom