Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 30: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which makes me wonder who is running the country? He's never home.

Which makes me wonder who is running the country? He's never home.

Well lets see....there is the National Council, the Princes cabinet and the Minister of State. I would think between those 3 groups the day to day business of the principality should be pretty much taken care of. I doubt the words "emergency" or "government crisis" come up too often in reference to Monaco but should something happen while Albert is out of the country I am sure they know how to reach him by phone, email, skype etc. No one is truly out of touch these days.

Other heads of state manage to go on similar trips and still be head of state so I'm sure its not a problem for Albert.

Out of interest does Albert actually live full time in Monaco?

Monaco and the ranch in France at Roc Angel right above Monaco.

Prince Albert has watched the soccer match between the AS Monaco and Tottenham in Monaco on August 3. Monaco won with 5:2 - what a success!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Prince Albert II of Monaco (L) arrives to attend the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina on September 7, 2013. The International Olympic Committee will meet to elect the host city of the 2020 Summer Olympic Games on September 7 also will consider adding a new sport for the 2020 Olympic program and elect a new president on September 10.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
daylife.com

On his final day in Buenos Aires, Prince Albert attended the IOC Presidential Election today, September 10.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife **

I notice Albert has been wearing heavier framed glasses for a few weeks now which I quite like. I think there's a thread for Royals in glasses ( could only find "Royals in Sunglasses" !) so perhaps the moderators will move this post.

Thank you smdouglas. I did look for the thread, but I see the last post was 2011 so I obviously didn't go back far enough!

On Saturday, September 14, Prince Albert as Patron attended a Fencing Competition followed by a gala evening at the Salle Empire of the Hôtel de Paris.

** Pic **

Yesterday, September 16, Albert visited the exhibition "Les aventures de la vérité" (Adventures of truth - Painting and philosophy: a narrative with philosopher and writer Bernard-Henri Lévy) in Saint-Paul de Vence, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** monaco.matin gallery: BHL commente son expo au prince Albert II **

** pp gallery: Albert de Monaco : Amateur prestigieux d'art guidé par Bernard-Henri Lévy **

Last edited:

On September 25, Prince Albert has visited the exhibition "From Philadelphia to Monaco: Grace Kelly - Beyond the Icon" at the McCord Museum in Montreal, Canada.

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom