Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 30: April 2013 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

On his final day in the Czech Republic, April 10, Prince Albert met with Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka (pic 1) and Chamber of Deputies chairman Jan Hamacek.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Czech President Milos Zeman announced that Prince Albert would be back in May 2016 to attend the celebrations of Emperor Charles IV's 700th birth anniversary. King Felipe and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg had also accepted the invitation to the event, Zeman added.

** fb gallery: Visite d'Etat en République Tchèque **

On April 17 Prince Albert attended the celebrations for the 80th anniversary of the "Foundation of Monaco" in Paris. The foundation is situated at the Cité Internationale Universitaire in Paris. Each year, it accepts around 40 students from the Principality and hosts 30 different nationalities.

** fb gallery **

On April 21 Prince Albert has opened the exhibition "The Conservation of Cetaceans in Monaco" at the Galerie des Pécheurs in Monaco:

** Pic **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28bl-uM2p2Y

That same day Prince Albert attended the closing event of the Optima Pac collaborative research programme at the Oceanographic Museum. The Optima Pac is the "energy performance optimisation and impact management of seawater heat pumps on the marine environment".

** Pic **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15or2QsLjPE

On April 22 Prince Albert inaugurated Monaco's pavilion for the World Expo in Milan, Italy, that starts on May 1st. Monaco's pavilion is built on the theme "Feeding the Planet".

** Pic **

The Saint Lazare order has donated a mini-bus for people with mobility problems to the Princess Grace Hospital. The handing over took place at the courtyard of the Princely Palace in presense of Prince Albert on April 23:

** fb gallery **

And yesterday, April 24, Prince Albert attended the Prince Albert II Of Monaco Foundation Gala Dinner in Venice, Italy:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
:previous: Awwww I wish I were enrolled at Ca'Foscari university instead of Padua! All the vips and royals seem to go there! Alas!:lol::bang:

:previous:

Prince Albert was presented with the Award for Excellence in National Stewardship.

Co-Founder of the awards programme Wendy Benchley said that "Prince Albert has played a vital role in supporting scientific research expeditions and high level collaborations around the important issues of overfishing and climate change (..) He has advocated for protection of the high seas and promoted healthy ocean policies in many forums that influence decision-making on a global scale". (peterbenchley.com/awards)

** zimbio gallery: 2015 Peter Benchley Ocean Awards - Ceremony **

I think Albert deserves the award; his comittment and propaganda for the climate and earth is well known!

Yes, good to see his efforts recognised in this manner. And apparently, this is quite a prestigious award. Well done to the Prince!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I thought Albert looked very dashing in that uniform...;):cool:

:previous:

You're surely not the only one ;)

Yesterday, June 8, Prince Albert attended the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation Gala Dinner in Milan, Italy.

** gettyimages gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom