Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The web site is:TODAY.com: Matt Lauer, Ann Curry, Al Roker, Natalie Morales - TODAY show video, news, recipes, health, pets. The interview might taped on there for later viewing either 11/1 or 11/2.

Toronto, Canada is probably about 10 hrs by car, a couple hrs by plane from NYC. The Grimaldis usually pre-tape interviews in the US. They could do the interview anytime today, tomorrow or Wednesday morning and easily fly to Toronto.PA has his own plane.

I just saw an ad on NBC (US TV network) that indicated the interview will be shown on Wednesday, November 2nd on the Today show (7 AM to 9 AM).

Thus, Melina, although the details in the Gala article were wrong - the story was correct.

Can someone tape this interview and upload it so we get a chance to see it?
I'll try to watch it by life stream but I'm not sure it will work.

So, the Today Show, between 7-9am EST on Nov 2nd? Definately?
Just set that to record on my DVR.
If i knew how to record it to my laptop and get it on youtube, I totally would.
Thanks for the info. :)

So, the Today Show, between 7-9am EST on Nov 2nd? Definately?
Just set that to record on my DVR.
If i knew how to record it to my laptop and get it on youtube, I totally would.
Thanks for the info. :)

The NBC article with a short description of PA and PC's appearance is: TODAY's big show on Wednesday: Monaco royalty...

NBC will likely have an internet video on their Today show site at www.today.msnbc.msn.com once the interview has been completed and the video processed.

Last edited:
I saw the show and they discussed the Run away bride story as well as other things. Charlene looked nice and Albert didn't stutter as he usually does.

I found the couple very nice in this interview, I like her hairdo here, she looks younger

Good interview, they both seemed very relaxed.

I still can't believe people are hounding them about that stupid rumor. But whatever, the press will be the press. :rolleyes:
Even more amusing for me was "So, if you had a daughter together she would be in line for the throne, right?" Ummm....duh. As Heiress presumptive, but still in line for the throne. Just like many monarchies now...

:rolleyes:

I wasn't thrilled with her hair-she needs to ditch the bangs. But the length and that is perfect. Didn't like it last night either.

PA and PC on NBC

Interview on NBC's Today show today can be viewed by clicking here.

I thought it was interesting that PA said that he received a little pressure from within the family to get married. I think he waited so that he didn't have to get his father's approval.

I thought it was interesting that PA said that he received a little pressure from within the family to get married. I think he waited so that he didn't have to get his father's approval.

I agree-this way, if he picked the "wrong" woman to fall in love with, his father couldn't say no. Caro and Steph seemed to support his decisions to wait until now.

Anyone else notice:

Rainier ascended the throne in 1949, and married in 1956=6 years (6 years, 11 months and 9 days to be exact) in between when he took the throne and marriage.

Albert ascended the throne in 2005, and married in 2011 =6 years in between when he took the throne and marriage. (6yrs, 2m, 22 days to be exact)
?

Any one else find that a strange coincidence?

:previous: that's a nice, strange coincidence!
Albert looked relaxed, and true, he didn't stutter. I kinda like Charlene's bangs, it does make her look younger.

The daughter question...oh well, we can't blame him, he mustn't have any ideas of royalty succesions law...it was funny though that he had it written on a paper and had to read to make sure.

I liked the interview. They seemed relaxed, not nervous.
And I liked Charlene's outfit and hair.
About ascended the throne... that's strange.

I liked it that he was honest about the pressure of the family! And I also believe
he was talking about Rainier!

What is not said in this interview is that if Albert and Charlene will have a son after a daughter, this son will be the heir as it was at the times of the birth of prince Albert. I think Prince Albert will change the law and it would be like in England in the future or in Belgium, Sweden,Norway.

Reluctant about being married? Runaway bride?:ROFLMAO: She´s not going anyway, she didn´t do anything but WAIT for years to escape!

These kind of interviews are pure diplomacy. They are supposed to say wnat is correct. Why did you marry now? Well, he can´t admit he´s desperate for a heir. But I´m not a fool to believe she is the right one to the role. It takes more than looking good to.

On the site:
Dom Perignon lunch honoring His Serene Highness Albert II,Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco and the princess Grace fondation
There are many photos of Prince Albert, Princess Charlène and the cousins Chris Levine and Lehman attending this lunch. We can see more the dress Charlene was wearing during the interview

I hope they had a snack before the luncheon. Looks mighty skimpy!!! Perhaps that wasn't the main course.

Albert and Charlene look splendid. I would like to meet them.

:crown6:What a great interview, I felt they were relaxed and didnt hide anything as being a royal couple!!

The palace gives a nice photo of Prince Albert and Charlene at the Nepal
I hope we will get some other photos perhaps they will be on the site of the organisations Namaste or Monaco aide et présence

:previous:

It is indeed a fantastic pic, so colourful and natural among the people:

** Albert and Charlene in Nepal **

On the one hand it would be great to see more pictures, on the other hand it's also a good
idea to do some (charity) journeys without too much media coverage.

The following link includes the Today Show video, some screenshots and other pics of their journey
to the USA. I post it here as the interview is the main topic, still the other two events should be
discussed in the relevant extra threads:

** La princesse Charlene séduit, Albert se défend : interview intime aux Etats-Unis **

Great photos.
They seem to have enjoyed the trip to the U.S and Toronto :)

The interview with Prince Albert and Princess Charlene was so nice. The royal couple seemed relaxed, together and happy. What a contrast in perceptions of the couple - to the tabloids and negative internet stuff.

This interview was nice and the couple was relaxed. It was the first time Charlene denied these bad rumors directly, The prince made it only at the return of their honeymoon in the newspapers of Monaco also the rumors went on on the tabloids and internet of course. This travel shows a couple which is yet together, the bride is not away and she strongly denied and seemed not to be unhappy as she is usually described. Also Beautiful photos.
To day, on the sites of the tabloids which said lately that the couple was in crise say "a couple who is in love, lovely couple, they show their love' how the press is versatile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom