Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock Current Events - Part 5: June 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were is the excitament and emotions between two people who decided to be together for the rest of their days??
Maybe these two are very reserved or the fact that they lived togheter for 4 years now is the reason but... if I didn't know them I won't belive they are engaged few days ago (from the picures of course).

She looks lovely. He is dressed in a Jacket, tie and slacks, she wouldn't wear jeans and a tee shirt with that. She dresses beautifly. Her shoulders are large because she was a swimmer. She looks very regal. The naysayers will complain about anything. If she were wearing that to a cocktail party, they would say, it wasn't dressy enough. She is, probably, not going to wear that ring about every day. She can wear anything she wants to. We should all look so good.
"She" has an eponymous name which is Miss Wittsock or Charlene. and I think we should refer to her by that instead of"she"

Perfectly, okay. I am sorry to offend you. It was just a quick answer to the catty posts.

Nice to see a smiling pic of the event !

Have you seen Albert's white jacket at the Swedish royal wedding?... I really hope Charlene does not turn to the palace's tailor :ROFLMAO:
The jacket was off white. The tailor could alter suits for her to put fabric on her shoulders and back. She needs to dress more like Caroline is what we are all saying to fit the position she hung around for four years to get, and you would have thought by now she would have learned a thing or two about proper dress for each occasion.

The jacket was off white. The tailor could alter suits for her to put fabric on her shoulders and back. She needs to dress more like Caroline is what we are all saying to fit the position she hung around for four years to get, and you would have thought by now she would have learned a thing or two about proper dress for each occasion.

Albert looked like a waiter, so much for royal tailoring. He is a sweet man, so who cares. Caroline has looked awful, too, at times. She is beautiful and can carry a lot of strange things. Charlene, is well dressed and can wear strapless outfits, as her shoulders and back are toned and still very youthful. Some royals dress like bag ladies, some have no taste at all. Charlene will find her niche and doesn't have to emulate either of her furture sisters-in-law.

She looks lovely. He is dressed in a Jacket, tie and slacks, she wouldn't wear jeans and a tee shirt with that. She dresses beautifly. Her shoulders are large because she was a swimmer. She looks very regal. The naysayers will complain about anything. If she were wearing that to a cocktail party, they would say, it wasn't dressy enough. She is, probably, not going to wear that ring about every day. She can wear anything she wants to. We should all look so good.

I agree with you. imo:flowers:
Charlene looks lovely.

This would be appropriate dress for the future wife of head of state. There will be a difference between Charlene and the other Royal wifes "Head of State" as in First Lady, politics. Its a job, and women don't dress as Charlene does to go to the office and work for the Mayor or President of any country I know of. Protocol required Princess Grace to wear a hat.

ETA: Let me add this to help some of you understand the position Charlene will be in once married. Before Albert became Sovereign he was required to bow to Princess Caroline as Charlene is to curtsy. Albert was required to bow to Kings and Queens. On Charlenes marriage to Albert she will out rank Caroline and no longer need to curtsy to anyone. Princess Grace was told she wasn't required to after her marriage however, she still did out of respect to Queen Elizabeth for example. Charlene will move up to the top in the ranking even though she will only hold the title of Serene Highness.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but Prince Albert reminded me alot of Captain Stubing from the "Love Boat" at the Swedish royal wedding!:p

This would be appropriate dress for the future wife of head of state. There will be a difference between Charlene and the other Royal wifes "Head of State" as in First Lady, politics. Its a job, and women don't dress as Charlene does to go to the office and work for the Mayor or President of any country I know of. Protocol required Princess Grace to wear a hat.

Albert himself said his relationship with the first lady of Monaco/his wife (of course, in this case Charlene) was going to be unconventional. Perhaps this is what he meant.

Albert himself said his relationship with the first lady of Monaco/his wife (of course, in this case Charlene) was going to be unconventional. Perhaps this is what he meant.
I just added something to my post.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but Prince Albert reminded me alot of Captain Stubing from the "Love Boat" at the Swedish royal wedding!:p

Finally, someone answered my question - why did the ruling prince of Monaco wear a white short jacket at the wedding, no one else did. He must have traveled to Sweden on his yacht.:lol: There must be a protocol reason, but I can not think of one.

I noticed that Prince Albert walked out of the church after Victoria's wedding with someone (a woman) I didn't recognize. I also couldn't help but noticed that Charlene looked a tad bit annoyed....at least she looked like she was annoyed to me.:flowers:

Prince Albert and Charlene were not seated next to one another at the church wedding in Sweden. As the guests (kings, queens, princes etc....) left their seats and proceeded down the church aisle, they were first cued when to leave by ushers. Royals and guests proceeded down the aisle to exit the church in the order in which they were seated. So, since PA and CW were not seated next to one another, they did not walk side-by-side as they left the church.;)

I see on the photos on MyRoyals that Charlene is wearing a ring but smaller than the one in the engagement photos. Could she perhaps have two rings? Didn't Grace also have a really large ring and then a smaller one that she wore more regularly?

Yes you might be right. It looks as if Charlene changed her engagement ring. I don't remember Princess Grace wearing a smaller ring, although sometimes she was not wearing her 10.47-carat emerald cut ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iceflower, thanks for clarifying where to post what.

You may think I'm immediately contravening your words, but I'd like to come back to the way PA was dressed at Stockholm, i.e. the jacket which some posters queried.

At official occasions, e.g. Fete nationale, PA wears his blue dress uniform, but on special ("regal"-type) occasions he would wear the cream-coloured number. He also seems to have a different pair of lighter blue trousers when attending the opera etc.

Having talked extensively about what Charlene might wear at their wedding, can we now do the same for PA???

an engagement can take months or years :p

anyway ...there was something that said that the prince would marry a foreigner later in his lifetiem

That's curious, what do you mean? Some sort of fortune-telling, like the supernatural curse that is suppose to make all Grimaldi's have unhappy and short-lived marriages?

That's curious, what do you mean? Some sort of fortune-telling, like the supernatural curse that is suppose to make all Grimaldi's have unhappy and short-lived marriages?

Info on the alleged Grimaldi "curse":The Independent | Europe | Up to Date European News and European Events

Pa , Cw along with Caro all appear to be having a great time- but Woodstock was in /69.I happen to like CW's necklace in this photo............On her Facebook page CW has clarified that Grace was the past..... and CW is now- fantastic that that was clarified and be put to rest once and for all.

The unofficial page? Or this there another one?

Last edited by a moderator:
an engagement can take months or years :p

anyway ...there was something that said that the prince would marry a foreigner later in his lifetiem
Charlene is not exactly from PA's community.She is from a foreign land .PA is not exactly young- but not exactly old either.

Pa , Cw along with Caro all appear to be having a great time- but Woodstock was in /69.I happen to like CW's necklace in this photo............On her Facebook page CW has clarified that Grace was the past..... and CW is now- fantastic that that was clarified and be put to rest once and for all.

Do you think Charlene would be silly enough to have a Facebook page that anyone can see (and start for tha matter) and then state that Grace was the past and she was the present?

It seems she did. If you checks Facebook and Charlene's page is there the answer will be "yes". :ermm:

Vanesa.

Jaya #50:

Being from a foreign land is nothing new to the Grimaldi.
Think back to a certain Juliette Louvet (dubbed "the washerwoman").
Not to mention the German Urach clan....

Do you think Charlene would be silly enough to have a Facebook page that anyone can see (and start for tha matter) and then state that Grace was the past and she was the present?

Just searched for her and she has two fan pages, and one page dedicated to her engagement with Albert.
Then there is one very private Facebook account. I can only see a picture and that she is female.

Jaya #50:

Being from a foreign land is nothing new to the Grimaldi.
Think back to a certain Juliette Louvet (dubbed "the washerwoman").
Not to mention the German Urach clan....
So true.......Renata[Louvet was indeed dubbed that]and thanks for reminding about the German Urach clan.So Charlene will not be the first to marry into the Grimaldis who is not of their own community.
This certainly is some fascinating historical company CW will have in her new and upcoming backround.

OK so there is a credibility issue; with commentary in Charlene's Facebook - OK. Agreed.

Just searched for her and she has two fan pages, and one page dedicated to her engagement with Albert.
Then there is one very private Facebook account. I can only see a picture and that she is female.

You are obviously not one of the select few that can access her Facebook page.

You are obviously not one of the select few that can access her Facebook page.

That would most likely be because i'm not one of her "friends".
I'm not going to add someone who I don't know.

You guys got me worried....I'm on FB.... Can someone forge or invent someone's FB page??

You guys got me worried....I'm on FB.... Can someone forge or invent someone's FB page??

What do you mean?
Anyone can invent a facebook page in the name of Charlene Lynette Wittstock.
They can upload pictures, add personal information that can be found on sites like Wikipedia etc about and of Charlene quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom