Pierre Casiraghi, Beatrice & Family Current Events Part 17: January 2016 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice the young men of her family carried her coffin into the church.

Hard day and such a sad anniversary for the couple:sad:

Nice to see Bea's half-sisters and a brother in law came to support her and her brother.:flowers:

I saw only Mathilde. Were Lavinia and Isabella presents?
Which brother in law ?

:previous: I read in the Hola link, all 3 were there. According to Hola, Ugo accompanied Isabella. No mention of John or Antonius.

Isabella, with her husband, oil tycoon Italian Ugo Brachetti Peretti; Lavinia and Matilde Borromeo, who have given comfort in this sad farewell once again demonstrating strong family ties between Marzotto and Borromeo.

This family is really melt. Late countess Marzotto was invited at Lavinia's wedding and count Borromeo was present at his former mother in law funeral. The only non trespassed border Is the mutual mother's one. No Paola Marzotto at Lavinia's wedding neither Mrs Zoto at Beatrice' one.

Pierre Casiraghi is back in Mallorca for the 35th Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup day 2 in Palma de Mallorca, Spain.

PPE

PPE Agency

And Princess Caroline stayed in Monaco.

No show up for Beatrice Grandmother's Funerals?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure than Marta was more than simply a grandmother to Beatrice. She was her confidant, her best friend, her counselor... so the loss is very important. But on the other hand, Beatrice was lucky to have such a grandmother and that she could enjoy her company for more than 30 full years.

Caroline wasn't at Beatrice's grandmother's funeral. The only representative of the Grimaldis Casiraghis was Pierre, as far as we know.

Out of Charlotte who was compeeting, for me there is no excuse for the others not to show up. Even in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea, for such rich people an helicopter can do the job in a couple of hours and put them back.

Yes, I found also strange, that no other member of the family was on the funeral... You think, such people can behave, and have better manners...

I am sorry guys, but should Grimaldis be present at Bea's grandmother's funeral? Well, maybe Caroline as a mother-in-law of Beatrice could show up... but brothers? They probably never met the old lady.

They surely met at Pierre and Beatrice wedding, no doubt about it.

Well, i do believe that someone else except from Pierre should also show up.
I bet they were invited?!

I am sure than Marta was more than simply a grandmother to Beatrice. She was her confidant, her best friend, her counselor... so the loss is very important. But on the other hand, Beatrice was lucky to have such a grandmother and that she could enjoy her company for more than 30 full years.
totally agree!!:)

Condolences to Marta Marzotto's family and friends. I'm a little surprised Pierre returned Mallorca already.

I'm puzzled. We don't even know if Princess Caroline and her family were invited. Did the in-laws and extended family of Marta Marzotto's other children and grandchildren attend? It's reasonable to assume Caroline and the Casiraghis have met the lady, but that's not enough to assume they would be automatically invited.

Besides the Marzotto and Borromeo families, Beatrice had the support of her husband, sisters, and a brother-in-law.

I'm Greek orthodox and we might have different uses than catholics as Beatrice's family. But for us we do not invite people to funerals, people just attend. As soon as a person has deceased and funeral is fixed, it is announced and people who feel that they will be of support to the family they just attend. No personal invitation is given.
Cases of close funeral are extremely rare and in this case family just does not announce the funeral but these cases almost never happen.
Back to the Borromeos, do you think that Caroline and Andrea were just not invited? Strange.
Did we see Marta Ferris mum? We do not know.
Anyway my own opinion is that they should be present

Last edited:
In Catholic funerals is just,exactly the same. You are not invited. You just show up if the deceased was a friend or someone meaningful to you.

Last edited:
What a charming young man!

Did any of Andrea's family attend the funeral of Tatiana's grandfather? If they did, then they should have had a representative to Beatrice's grandmother's wedding. If they didn't, then I would suppose that the Casiraghis do not attend in laws' grandparents' funerals for some reason--perhaps they feel that funerals are a strictly family, private affair. I'm sure if the deceased were closer to the in law in question, say a parent or a sibling, then Pss. Caroline or any of the trio besides the spouse would be in attendance. This is assuming they had no personal relationship with the deceased, of course. I think their non-attendance is hardly surprising.

Good point about Tatiana's grand father. I don't remember. But I think she lost her father also. Did any Grimaldi / Casiraghi out of Andrea attend ?
Of course we should not compare. It is easier to reach Milan than Bogota.

The memorial for Tatiana's grandfather was in NY not Bogota. Looking at photos/articles I don't see anyone butt Andrea. Her dad's was as well. It made news as it was during the Rose ball which Andrea missed to be with her.

I don't find it odd. Is it usual??? Would one expect to see Anne or Peter at a funeral if Mike's grandfather died? MY BIL's adoptive parents both died, I never thought to go with my sister and BIL to the funerals.:ermm:

I do wish Pierre stayed longer with his wife,

I do not think it is an issue Pierre didn't stay more in Italy. He had the race to attend. On the other hand if Beatrice felt to miserable to stay in Italy she could easily go to Palma to meet him. I just think she stayed in Italy with family, maybe to empty her grandma's house or other family formalities.

The memorial for Tatiana's grandfather was in NY not Bogota. Looking at photos/articles I don't see anyone butt Andrea. Her dad's was as well. It made news as it was during the Rose ball which Andrea missed to be with her.

I don't find it odd. Is it usual??? Would one expect to see Anne or Peter at a funeral if Mike's grandfather died? MY BIL's adoptive parents both died, I never thought to go with my sister and BIL to the funerals.:ermm:

I do wish Pierre stayed longer with his wife,

I well remember that princess Caroline was present at Tatiana's father's funeral.

By the way, where is Beatrice? Is she still in Milan? or in Borromean islands maybe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom