HSH Prince Albert Current Events 7 : June 205

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert showing "his" Monaco in 1999.
Not as funny as your pics Monacos :) but nervertheless nice :)

Attachments

• 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 1999.jpg
    1999.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 138
Very cool pics Ice :D I realy like seeing pics of the family that show Monaco on the background.

Thanks for the clarification. I was confussed and I thought there might have been something in the paper, someplace that I missed. LOL

I went looking around to see if maybe there was an article on NC court appearance I missed. Well, I did not find anything but I did find this article where P. Albert's attorney is claimed to have said the child is in fact PA's.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xml...child%20stories
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+2]PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO TO SUE OVER CHILD STORIES [/size][/font]

LATEST: PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO is launching legal action against a newspaper and two magazines following revelations he's the father of an ex-flight attendant's son.
NICOLE COSTE, 33, told French publication PARIS-MATCH the 47-year-old prince - who took over the regency of Monaco shortly before his father PRINCE RAINIER died last month (APR05) - signed the child's birth certificate, confirming he is 20-month-old ALEXANDRE's dad.

However, furious Prince Albert is disgusted at the media for delving so deeply into his personal life - so he's suing British newspaper THE DAILY MAIL, German magazine BUNTE and Paris-Match for breach of privacy.

Albert's lawyer THIERRY LACOSTE has confirmed that DNA tests have been carried out - and prove the royal is the father.

Coste revealed she met Albert on a French flight from Paris to Nice in July 1997, and gave birth to Alexandre in August 2003, after the Roman Catholic monarch persuaded her to keep the child.

leahteresa said:
I went looking around to see if maybe there was an article on NC court appearance I missed. Well, I did not find anything but I did find this article where P. Albert's attorney is claimed to have said the child is in fact PA's.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xml...child%20stories
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=+2]PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO TO SUE OVER CHILD STORIES [/size][/font]

LATEST: PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO is launching legal action against a newspaper and two magazines following revelations he's the father of an ex-flight attendant's son.
NICOLE COSTE, 33, told French publication PARIS-MATCH the 47-year-old prince - who took over the regency of Monaco shortly before his father PRINCE RAINIER died last month (APR05) - signed the child's birth certificate, confirming he is 20-month-old ALEXANDRE's dad.

However, furious Prince Albert is disgusted at the media for delving so deeply into his personal life - so he's suing British newspaper THE DAILY MAIL, German magazine BUNTE and Paris-Match for breach of privacy.

Albert's lawyer THIERRY LACOSTE has confirmed that DNA tests have been carried out - and prove the royal is the father.

Coste revealed she met Albert on a French flight from Paris to Nice in July 1997, and gave birth to Alexandre in August 2003, after the Roman Catholic monarch persuaded her to keep the child.
The article is old and the claim came from the Paris Match interview with Nicole. Thierry Locoste is one of two people that said there would be no statement not even next month and said one had to wonder why the affair came out questioning the timing.

Yes, it was dated May 13th I think. I think I take issue with the "mourning" period. If PA can appear at the Grand Prix and make a speach at the EU....it seems a bit self serving. Which is totally appropriate in some ways but, I think there will be no statement ever. I do not think he should sink to respond.

leahteresa said:
Yes, it was dated May 13th I think. I think I take issue with the "mourning" period. If PA can appear at the Grand Prix and make a speach at the EU....it seems a bit self serving. Which is totally appropriate in some ways but, I think there will be no statement ever. I do not think he should sink to respond.
There is a difference between business and private. I am sure something will be said after July 6 on both children where claims are made. Its possible the wait will be after the enthronement. Or the settling of law suits. When you file one its likely there will be no talk until afterwards. If Albert is seen with any child or children after July 6 its likely all will have an answer. I'm not waiting for his response but others as to how he handles it and what happens.

LadyMacAlpine said:
There is a difference between business and private. I am sure something will be said after July 6 on both children where claims are made. Its possible the wait will be after the enthronement. Or the settling of law suits. When you file one its likely there will be no talk until afterwards. If Albert is seen with any child or children after July 6 its likely all will have an answer. I'm not waiting for his response but others as to how he handles it and what happens.

That sounds right on the money but I guess I wonder, at this stage in the game, why doesn't he just marry someone and have some children? I guess he really doesn't need to because it can go to Caroline but gosh, it just sounds like a good solution. Of course, I say that and I smached me head agianst the wall for years waiting for the right person, so I know it's hard. And if your a prince, especially post-princess Diana, you always have to worry about really messy divorce.

the thought of a messy divorce could be a factor in why albert has not married or that he wants someone who truely loves him and not his title,money etc. or maybe he likes being single or maybe he has found someone but they were not willing to give up their career for him, who knows only time will tell if he decides to take the road of marriage or continue being a bachelor. one thing for sure is he gets a lot of attention.

I used to avidly read the opinions on here and take them for fair and balanced ones, but i am now convinced that some people are are thoroughly convinced that Nicole is just a gold-digging flousie who is also a horrible underdeveloped woman, and a horrid mother. The appearance of a story in a magazine does not even remotely begin to shine enough light on the reality of this story. It's like no matter what some of you read about Nicole it just falls on deaf ears or it just further proves your justification. If Nicole said "i went to mcdonalds today" many of you would be like, "she's just greedy and wants to show the world that she has no money and has to feed her child on mcdonalds, she's just endangering her child blah blah blah". There was even an article that said her cousins had pictures and were the ones that started this whole exposee but most of you don't care about that................another one said before rainier died albert promised to register alex as his child to no avail, i mean they did a paternity test on her child and didn't even give her the papers.............and let's not forget that nicole hasn't received any money from this charade, all she's gotten is public knowledge of herself and her child which she has said is exactly what she wanted, acknowledgment that she exists and has a child who is a Grimaldi. I don't see anything wrong with that. If some of you woulda kept quiet and rolled over or play dead cuz your "baby daddy" doesn't want the disruption in his duties, then fine, that's your prerogative but there are others such as myself, who don't subscribe to that. I can't imagine keeping quiet for anybody. If I have a fling even with prince william and i get pregnant, he would have two choices and two choices only, u make the announcement or I make the announcement, that's it. And i might not even last 20 months at that..........

some of you should try to read things more objectively, but i guess since this is an albert forum, that's gonna be near impossible to find.

Last edited:
Well, Libradoll, some people have very narrow fields of vision when it comes to someone they really admire or have a "crush" on or whatever. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't have that kind of "blind loyalty" to anyone - everyone's human. I have maintained all along that just because someone is royal doesn't make them and everything they do perfect. I still am of the opinion that IF Nicole is being honest about everything, Albert doesn't come across as looking very much like a "responsible adult" for the last 20 months - whether he was Crown Prince of Monaco, King of England, Brad Pitt, or whomever. I mean just by his supposedly repeatedly promising Nicole the notarized birth certificate and never following through with his promises. I have nothing against Albert - but when there is only one side of the story out there, that's all there is to go on. If he shows later that he's not the father and she's an insane liar, then my opinion will certainly be different from what it is leaning toward now. I have no problem with people believing her or not believing her, but we have no idea what kind of person she is and why she did what she did.
I have never "taken her side" necessarily, just tried to point out that there is obviously a lot more to this story than we know, and that just because we admire Albert doesn't make how he handles every situation perfect. Apparently a few people take exception to this (I actually am interested in the situation but certainly not concerned enough to get too freaked out over it :) )

dreed777, i feel the same way as you but when people continue to say horrid things about someone they don't know and a story they don't even have two sides on, it always bothers me and i always feel compelled to point out that there are two sides to a coin, especially when it concerns public figures that we don't really know. Nicole gets slaughtered here and sometimes i just wonder if she's an actual good person, this whole thing must kill her because it's so unfair. It seems like if you sleep with a royal there are only two ways you can end up:

1. celebrated princess
2. money-hungry greedy, unstable, jezebel of a woman

dreed777 said:
Well, Libradoll, some people have very narrow fields of vision when it comes to someone they really admire or have a "crush" on or whatever. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I just don't have that kind of "blind loyalty" to anyone - everyone's human. I have maintained all along that just because someone is royal doesn't make them and everything they do perfect. I still am of the opinion that IF Nicole is being honest about everything, Albert doesn't come across as looking very much like a "responsible adult" for the last 20 months - whether he was Crown Prince of Monaco, King of England, Brad Pitt, or whomever. I mean just by his supposedly repeatedly promising Nicole the notarized birth certificate and never following through with his promises. I have nothing against Albert - but when there is only one side of the story out there, that's all there is to go on. If he shows later that he's not the father and she's an insane liar, then my opinion will certainly be different from what it is leaning toward now. I have no problem with people believing her or not believing her, but we have no idea what kind of person she is and why she did what she did.
dreed777 said:
I have never "taken her side" necessarily, just tried to point out that there is obviously a lot more to this story than we know, and that just because we admire Albert doesn't make how he handles every situation perfect. Apparently a few people take exception to this (I actually am interested in the situation but certainly not concerned enough to get too freaked out over it :) )

Your comment makes sense to me dreed777; I personally do not care so much either whether Albert has a child, married or not -- it's his own business.

No one is perfect and I know that as well. I just read her story -- the only one side that's out there, and in my opinion, as I look at her story very carefully, all the things she said just don't add up. That's my own opinion. And in actuality -- no body will probably ever know what things he told her; he may never expose the details of whatever private conversations they had -- if I were him, I would not either -- to me, it would be foul. But some people need to hear such things, just like some people feel a need to broadcast such things.

And at the end of the day, if what she claims is true, then Albert will handle it; he should take care of his business, I guess. No one is perfect. I've said it before, and I will state it again -- the boy currently is wanting for nothing; and he will probably be always in a better position material than most children and many adults in this world anyway (except for the privacy issue, but ok if that's the price he needs to pay, some people may feel it is completely worth it...)

There are certainly much more weighty issues out there to tell the truth...:)

Last edited:
Lillia, everything you stated makes very good sense to me, also. You seem to "take everything with a grain of salt" and be open-minded about things and think things through thoroughly. It's when people act close-minded and with tunnel-vision that I always try to point out that everything is not always black and white.
Libradoll, when you posted that you couldn't help but wonder if she is actually a good person - I would hope that she IS a good person or Albert wouldn't have had such a long-lasting relationship with her. :)

dreed777 said:
I believe Thierry Lacoste asked that question so that the public would question Nicole's motives, therefore placing her in a defensive position rather than offensive. This places Prince Albert in a better light if the story is true. The general public would then "jump on" examining "why" she did this (assuming it's true of course) and not the actual story itself as far as how Albert handled the situation. Like I said, their words are weighed carefully - these people are extremely intelligent and have thought out all the angles. Having come from a family and also married into a family with several politicians (mine beginning with my great-great-grandfather being a member of the House of Representatives) I am somewhat familiar with the spin doctor thing.:) Kinda like "let's make her look worse than she can make him look" by focusing on her motives and timing (which could have certainly been better).
One of the main reasons I believe Nicole's story is probably true, or somewhat true, (besides the fact that Albert was financially supporting her, of course) is that if Mr. Lacoste could make any statement at all (which he did, however vague) he could state that Albert is not Alexandre's father. Maybe I best follow up all this with "this is only my opinion, of course". LOL :)

I agree the lawyer wants Nicole to be viewed in a negative light, while the golden prince gets a pass on his behavior. In some way it's best that Nicole and Alex are out in the open. I strongly suspect that openness and full disclosure is one of Nicole Coste's true motivations. To Nicole's credit she exposed her unwise choices as well as Albert's.

queenallen said:
I agree the lawyer wants Nicole to be viewed in a negative light, while the golden prince gets a pass on his behavior. In some way it's best that Nicole and Alex are out in the open. I strongly suspect that openness and full disclosure is one of Nicole Coste's true motivations. To Nicole's credit she exposed her unwise choices as well as Albert's.

That's a very good point; it is a point to understand that too -- it is a strange thing; I noticed a long time ago sometimes, not always, some wealty famous people do all sorts of things and in many cases, their actions are maybe glossed over and made a little, like it would be no big thing at all sometimes, just pat on the hand for it -- but they do certainly get a terrible and withering public attention that is not so nice and they have to live with the burn from all those things for a very long time because there is always somebody out there who would remember the action, true or not and trot it out for them again and again forever then keep examining the person and whatever they do from every possible angle because everything they say or do is of public record; and if someone else does not have all that, sometimes whatever they do -- it is the maybe same exact action -- it could be viewed as something that is the worst thing ever and they may also get alot of attention from the public too depending on what the thing is, but alot of times no one is looking so closely at the mistakes they make, unless they draw attention to themselves they get a chance to leave that past action behind. Unfair but that is how things seem to be sometimes :cool:

Good point queenallen. Maybe neither one of them are really getting a pass :rolleyes: but I do not know

(but my own opinion still is the same for the both - I am sure the both of them will survive...:p.)

Last edited:
Why is the house called the pink palace? Is it a castle or just a big building? I've never seen it before.

Prince Albert at Inauguration of Princess Grace Square

Inauguration of the Princess Grace of Monaco Square and Public Garden, in presence of her son Prince ALBERT of Monaco

DOC. DATE: Jun/15/2005

Attachments

• 00in5.jpg
    00in5.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 417
  • 00in4.jpg
    00in4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 275
  • 00in3.jpg
    00in3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 268
  • 00in.jpg