HSH Prince Albert Current Events 5 : May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm skeptical about this new allegedly illegitimate child of Albert's. The timing's questionable.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I'm skeptical about this new allegedly illegitimate child of Albert's. The timing's questionable.

i think the timing is irrelevant, he's either the baby's father or he's not...the mothers motives are also irrlevenat i don't think she would go out in public and make that sort of statement unless she was 100% sure he's her sons father! if he is the father (and his lack of a denial indicates so) he should have known the truth would emerge and knowing that his father was dying you'd think he'd have the insight to know it'll come out at the worst possible time!

that not true. I remember awhile back someone claimed that she was the mother of Albert child and it turned out Albert was not the father. Also were hear stories all the time about women claiming to have had children with stars and DNA proved it false. And sometimes it is also proven that the claim is right. You are right though a lack of denial is an interesting twist. I guess we can only wait and see until the situation resolves itself since a DNA test or a confirmation by Albert will either confirm or negate these allegations.

a dna test will sort it out. I do not think his lack of denial means he is the father, silence is very often a good response.
the mother of the little boy might go out in public and make that sort of statement if she is a bit unwell at the moment.
do not understand what the timing, going public after the death of rainier has to do with it, if albert is the father his responsibilities remain the same.

Ellie2 said:
i think the timing is irrelevant, he's either the baby's father or he's not...the mothers motives are also irrlevenat i don't think she would go out in public and make that sort of statement unless she was 100% sure he's her sons father! if he is the father (and his lack of a denial indicates so) he should have known the truth would emerge and knowing that his father was dying you'd think he'd have the insight to know it'll come out at the worst possible time!

Yes, I agree we just have to wait...sometimes it's best not to dignify these stories with a response...time will tell.

yes but silence can also mean guilt. If one is accused and one does not protest, than you have to understand that the silence is a presumption of guilt. Yes, DNA will prove her allegation are either false or true. Timing goes to a person's motive. Her allegations could have come at any thing, yet she choose to come public when Albert is the ruler, thus ensuring more publicity than when he was not the ruler. also i highly doubt her sincereity. She may want the public acknowledgement of her child but think about how her child will feel when he is growing up. IF he's Albert he'll always have to live with that fact in public, which will be harder for him. I think she should have kept this private until both of them agreed. If Albert didn't agree, even if he is proven to be the father, her child still does not have a real father. The best possible solution for the child in either albert acknowledges him and his mother did not go public, that way albert could play a public part in his life. If that is not a possibility, than I would have rather waited until the child is old enough to make the decision himself.

Quote[If the child is Alberts the danger comes in kidnapping threats or the actual act for money. When Albert was younger there was a threat against him and he had I think it was 4 bodygaurds with him because of it so I read said by Princess Grace. Any known child of his or any Royal has threats at some point its a fact of life you are forced to live with. Albert as a father would be a better provider for his child then the childs mother unless he covers the large expense to provide safe housing, and bodygaurds. Reason I see Albert not known to be married would keep any off spring hidden from the public also to give them a better childhood. Any mother who would not allow her child to grow up to play freely with anyone on the school yard and mix with other children in a normal setting I am sorry I have no respect her. If in fact that little boy is his they would have discussed the pros and cons of going public how great the loss would be for the child. Does that make better sense?]Quote

I'm not so sure I agree. I agree that there could be a threat against the child, but I'm not so sure that would be the mothers fault. I have read (and I don't know if its true that Albert had a dna sample done a while a go and knew the paternity was positive) - If true he should have taken security percautions with his son because I'm almost positive a hostess could not afford round the clock security. The press would figure out this story sooner or later, with or without the mothers help and the child would have been in danger then anyways. Press are persistant and have been looking for something like this for years. Sure Albert may be a better provider for material things but that doesn't mean that a mother should lose custody of her child. The courts do whats best for a child emotionally and finacially. If the child were to be taken from his mother when he has been living with her all of this time it would be very traumatic for him. If Albert were to have any custody it would happen slowly for the childs sake. I mean lets face it the chances that Albert and Alexandre know eachother very well is probably slim so in that sense Albert would be a more or less a stranger and the child may not feel comfortable. With time of course that would change. Also I wonder what the juristiction on this case would be, where does she live? If anything I can see him taking them to Monaco to live and waiting until she had residential status before he makes a legal move unless they can come to a private agreement that won't be splashed all over the tabloids.
At this point its all about the welfare of the child. :)

albert dosent have bodyguard for no reason and if this is his child. that child would need the same protection. so the mom did her child a great disservice by going to the press. because albert would need to provide protection for the child which would best happen in his father's custody. so the mom would loose out on both fronts, one she dosen't have an attachment to albert anymore and second any money she would have gotten by keeping her mouth shut would also be gone

semisquare said:
albert dosent have bodyguard for no reason and if this is his child. that child would need the same protection. so the mom did her child a great disservice by going to the press. because albert would need to provide protection for the child which would best happen in his father's custody. so the mom would loose out on both fronts, one she dosen't have an attachment to albert anymore and second any money she would have gotten by keeping her mouth shut would also be gone
Thank you Semisquare for agreeing. If the child is Albert's he would be the best provider for the child since the mother went public based on safety which if his I have no doubt he did talk to her about the dangers to the child of revealing paternity. Timing is also relevant that she waited so long.

Silence also isn't an admission of paternity its a wise legal decision.

Last edited:
semisquare said:

How do you know Albert doesn't have a body guard or didn't have one at any point in time? Stephanie has had had bodyguards and the only reason you hear about them is because Stephanie has romantic relationships with them.

You don't take a child from a mother because the father has more money. (It cost money for security) He can provide security for the child whether or not he has custody. That seems to be what is implied here. :(

The press may have caught wind of this story and threatened to print it with or with out her two consent. She may have felt the need to explain herself somewhat. The tabloids do that alot. ie. Star Enquirer... Albert may have even known the story was going to hit.

Quote[If the child is Albert's he would be the best provider for the child since the mother went public based on safety which if his I have no doubt he did talk to her about the dangers to the child of revealing paternity]Quote

If Albert knew this child was his he should have provided some sort of security from the start. In that sense he did not provide, so that does not make him the best provider....Actually chances are he has provided barely anthing for this child, maybe a couple of bucks here or there but no fatherly emotional support. How could he? He's a very busy guy with a Principality to run if he had custody how often would the child be in the care of a nanny while he's flying about? The child could be in the care of his mother which is better than a nanny. No acknowledgement even public acknowledgement from a father can have a devestating and lasting effect on a child. The mother no doubt is probably worried about this. Believe it or not not everything is about money.

It must be very hard to have a child alone and then hide the paternity from everyone, no doubt including her family. How long could she play that game for before it tore on her family & friend relations? It's like saying "hide my child I am ashamed" That's no good either.

I would also like to say that Albert has probably done the best that he can in this situation. Maybe he did provide something from the start, that people are unaware of... He is in a very tough position, and at some point he must of been afraid of the consequences to their actions. I hate to say this but I think that Rainer changed the succession laws for a reason. - (the law about adopting an heir) I don't think that Rainer wanted little Alexandre in line for the reason that Albert was not wed to the mother. That may have played a large roll in the acknowledgement of the child. I think Rainer was very well aware of Alexandre; nothing much got past him! This is all speculation of course.

Quote [Silence also isn't an admission of paternity its a wise legal decision] Quote

Very true, I could be rambling for no reason! :)

rambling is okay to do, it shows you're normal.
its possible that albert was confuse, scared and didnt know how to handle the fact he has a child.on the other hand this has been quite for 22 and 9 mos quite so why now? why does the mother need to name her baby's father? why show pics of him and the child? again, why now?
i know money is not everything, im sitting here w/o a job and beans to last about a month and i still happy person. not everyone is money hungry but the timeing of this story of albert's child(again just speculation) it smells of money.
u have to agree that her timing is not right. things like this could be handle privately not out in the open.
okay and the point about the child living with albert vs mom. my thinking is not base on money but can she protect him? can she help him to deal with life in the public eye? can she rear him on how to rule a country?
just food for thought
:)

semisquare said:
okay and the point about the child living with albert vs mom. my thinking is not base on money but can she protect him? can she help him to deal with life in the public eye? can she rear him on how to rule a country?
just food for thought

Greetings Semisquare,
Ummm...I just wanted to comment on the part you mentioned about "could she (Nicole) rear him (the baby Alexandre) on how to rule a country"? Even if the baby (Alexandre) was really Albert's (and we don't know for sure-we don't have all the facts/proof), he still would not be in the line of succession to rule Monaco. If I remember what LadyMac had said on a previous occasion, was that Albert would first have to marry Nicole in order to legitimize Alexandre (if he was in fact his son). Whether she can or can't rear him (the baby) to rule a country really doesn't matter if Albert does not marry her.

Well...I think the woman should have kept her mouth shut. It is not just paternity or security. There are so many other issues to consider in this situation.

mw7060a said:
Greetings Semisquare,
Ummm...I just wanted to comment on the part you mentioned about "could she (Nicole) rear him (the baby Alexandre) on how to rule a country"? Even if the baby (Alexandre) was really Albert's (and we don't know for sure-we don't have all the facts/proof), he still would not be in the line of succession to rule Monaco. If I remember what LadyMac had said on a previous occasion, was that Albert would first have to marry Nicole in order to legitimize Alexandre (if he was in fact his son). Whether she can or can't rear him (the baby) to rule a country really doesn't matter if Albert does not marry her.
You are correct he must marry the mother in order for his own biological child to be his heir. If my memory is correct adoption was taken out of the Constitution in 2002.

According to the article she became pregnant in December 2002 and he was born August 24, 2003. If that is the case Alexandre wasn't a full 40 week term pregnancy to be so she conceived around the week of November 10-16, 2002 after the changes in the Constitution so that blows the theory out of the water that it was changed due to not wanting her baby to be Albert's heir. Whoever said it try again. The changes to the constitution were underway for six years so Monaco could become a member of Counsel of Europe I believe it is called. I have to say this is the hardest I have ever worked mentally. What an education I have gotten in the last 7 years due to John Glatt and the so called Curse of the Grimaldis.

I may post more later I'm thinking. What a way for a single person to spend 7 hours on a Friday night. I lead such an exciting life.

Last edited:
reina what are the other issues with this situation?

and mw7060 i was speaking with "what if" not reality.

Well a big one is-RACISM! The woman should have thought about that one. I sure would've and that alone would have made me shut my mouth. I wouldn't want my kid to go through that.

semisquare said:
reina what are the other issues with this situation?

and mw7060 i was speaking with "what if" not reality.

Two points:

1. Respectfully, I just don't think racism is a legitimate issue anymore. IMO, only when we address it does it become an issue. Otherwise, I think it's an outdated topic.
  2. 'If' the child in question is Albert's, might the subject have been kept quiet out of respect to Prince Rainier?

Outdated topic? Outdated topic? Geez where do you live? I experience racism regularly thank you very much. It is very real. And that is one of the issues that this situation will face. Racism is one of the things that would not allow Albert to recognize this child. Or for the child to possibly be ruler one day. I know it is easy to say that his race wwould never be an issue, but I think ppl should get real.

Reina, I'm surprised and very saddened that people, esp. in the US, still feel racism. I certainly did not mean to offend you, or anyone. :( :( :(

It is ok. I am sorry if I sort of seemed mad. But the truth is is that racism is alive and well. But I really don't want to start this on this thread. I think we should focus on the legitimicay of this woman's claim.

Freedom said:
Reina, I'm surprised and very saddened that people, esp. in the US, still feel racism. I certainly did not mean to offend you, or anyone. :( :( :(

Reina said:
......... Or for the child to possibly be ruler one day. I know it is easy to say that his race wwould never be an issue, but I think ppl should get real.

Racism will have nothing to do with the child becoming the ruler or not. If Albert is the father and marries the boys mother - which is the only way he could be legimitized under the new rules - then he will become the ruler of Monaco - the colour of his skin will have no influence on that.

Yeah but he will not marry her. Guess why...

Hi everyone,

Here's an article that I found in the Montreal Gazette newspaper (for May 7th, 2005). It has some more info on Prince Albert's alleged relationship with Nicole Coste and the whole paternity issue.

Attachments

• pa.jpg
    pa.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 269
Reina said:
Yeah but he will not marry her. Guess why...
Only reason he wouldn't is he isn't in love with her. PERIOD drop the race thing it isn't an issue except perhaps to you.

juliette said:
In the article there is a sentence - Nicole Coste: "More and more rumours are circulating and I want the truth to be known so that his two older brothers can respect their mother." - yes, I'm sure that they will respect her now:rolleyes:

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/story.jsp?story=635965
Interesting article. (Personal remarks edited out by Admin) If you truly loved the man as well and he asked you to keep it quiet you will also do it regardless of rumors especially considering who Albert is.

I think it is so odd that a man involved with Aids Foundations would have unprotected sex with a woman he was only seeing once in a while. Sounds careless especially since Stevie Parker let us all know Albert uses condoms. And one pill missed hmmmm. If all Nicole said is true I see her as betraying Albert's trust by going public especially now so shortly after his fathers death.

He has to be questioning his own judgment on the woman he is attracted to. The night of Rainier's funeral Larry King Live talked about the funeral Jeffery Robinson Biographer, author of "Rainier and Grace" answering a question about Albert and marriage
"He said to me I have to ask myself if some woman likes me does she like me for me or does she like me for the possibility of becoming the next Princess of Monaco. That it was a very difficult thing for him.
Even more now with this coming to light. Only they really know if Albert is the father. I think Albert needs a more mature woman in his life who has her head screwed on straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freedom said:
LadyMacAlpine, I love how you're not one to waste words.

As you stated:
"I think Albert needs a more mature woman in his life who has her head screwed on straight".

:D You know me better then anyone on the Forum from our chats. Its very true he does need a woman with more than a pretty face between her ears. Granted its nice to get the full package but it isn't always that easy.

With respect to this post I will say one more thing, maybe more. If the child is proven to be his and he has no more heirs, he could always pass legislation to have him as his heir. But you think that would happen? No...guess why? Geez for someone who doesn't even know ALbert you sure can get mad. But then again I have for other reasons and ppl. So I excuse you for this. But I think the race thing isn't an issue for you and others like you who put their heads above the clouds and can't seem to get a hold of reality.

But anyway I wish the woman kept her mouth shut. It would have been a whole lot better for her son. Poor little guy.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Only reason he wouldn't is he isn't in love with her. PERIOD drop the race thing it isn't an issue except perhaps to you.

Reina said:
But anyway I wish the woman kept her mouth shut. It would have been a whole lot better for her son. Poor little guy.

I agree with you on that. It doesn't really matter if he is Albert's son or not - he will still have to live with this the rest of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom