HSH Prince Albert Current Events 24 : Sept.2007 - Feb.2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Jennifer

Moderator Emeritus
City
DMV Region
Country
United States
Where is Charlene? Shouldn't she have been at that gala with him? Since their trip to Paris, we have not seen them together. I hope nothing is wrong because I really want him to settle down already. She seems to have not been around for the Classic Week. He looks very handsome in that tuxedo, by the way. I wish he would find me, but Charlene seems to have won his heart. If I don't see her soon by his side, I am going to start worrying that he will be out and about once again.

Where is Charlene? Shouldn't she have been at that gala with him? Since their trip to Paris, we have not seen them together. I hope nothing is wrong because I really want him to settle down already. She seems to have not been around for the Classic Week. He looks very handsome in that tuxedo, by the way. I wish he would find me, but Charlene seems to have won his heart. If I don't see her soon by his side, I am going to start worrying that he will be out and about once again.

What trip to Paris? I haven't seen those pix. Can you post them again, please? Thanks!

Prince Albert "doing the honours of the house" at the "La Belle classe - boat race in Monaco on the 13rd of September.

OGGI

Prince Albert and Charlene went to the rugby game between France and Argentina at a stadium outside of Paris. Check yahoo news for more information. Anyway, according to LePoint.fr, Charlene was cheering for the Argentineans during the opening. France's Prime Minister Fillon was annoyed by her cries to which she responded that she would stop when the French begin to play. He asked her if she new about rugby and she said that a little because her grand father is the coach or trainer of a team she mentioned but I can't remember the name. I then saw some photos of them coming back to Nice from Paris and the caption said that they had an argument, took the helicopter together back to Monaco, but left in separate cars, his to his palace and she to an undisclosed location. We haven't seen her since then. Maybe I am just jumping to conclusions, but I hope they have worked things out and she is just not part of the Yacht Classic Week in Monaco. I would hate to see him back to his old ways. During this whole week she has not been photographed with him, not that I know of.

Last edited:
Charlene once dated a Southafrican rugby player, so I would think she'd know about rugby. And it's quite popular in SA.

Miraglia, where did you see the photos of the two of them coming back from Paris to Nice?

Prince Albert and Charlene went to the rugby game between France and Argentina at a stadium outside of Paris. Check yahoo news for more information. Anyway, according to LePoint.fr, Charlene was cheering for the Argentineans during the opening. France's Prime Minister Fillon was annoyed by her cries to which she responded that she would stop when the French begin to play. He asked her if she new about rugby and she said that a little because her grand father is the coach or trainer of a team she mentioned but I can't remember the name. I then saw some photos of them coming back to Nice from Paris and the caption said that they had an argument, took the helicopter together back to Monaco, but left in separate cars, his to his palace and she to an undisclosed location. We haven't seen her since then. Maybe I am just jumping to conclusions, but I hope they have worked things out and she is just not part of the Yacht Classic Week in Monaco. I would hate to see him back to his old ways. During this whole week she has not been photographed with him, not that I know of.

well.... if this is true, what a public humiliation for Albert. I don't mind her not routing for the "home" team but when you are with a head of state whose country has more than close ties to the home team anyone with any common sense would know to keep their mouth shut. You would think if she loved Albert she would understand that. To me she just showed why she is not suitable for the role of Princess and I only want the best for Albert so if it means his going solo I would prefer that. JMO

well.... if this is true, what a public humiliation for Albert. I don't mind her not routing for the "home" team but when you are with a head of state whose country has more than close ties to the home team anyone with any common sense would know to keep their mouth shut. You would think if she loved Albert she would understand that. To me she just showed why she is not suitable for the role of Princess and I only want the best for Albert so if it means his going solo I would prefer that. JMO
she's still glamourous and training for being a princess :eek: Mr Fillon is French Prime Minister, she was in France with her lover... :bang: Great job Charlene, come on training...

I saw the pictures in ibl bildbyrå snabb och personlig, svenska och utländska digitala bilder, however, there are not there anymore. They have photos of them at the opening of the rugby championship, but not the ones of them leaving the airplane after landing in Nice. Hopefully, they quarreled and will make up. I don't like to see Prince Albert on the loose, it means trouble. I would rather see him settling down with Charlene, having babies and a family life. He needs a family by his side.

hi miraglia -- if i may ask, what indicated they had quarreled. could you explain. photos? article? i saw the blurb about the reported exchange between ms. wittstock and the french prime minister but nothing to indicate an argument between she and prince albert.

thank you. :)

she's still glamourous and training for being a princess :eek: Mr Fillon is French Prime Minister, she was in France with her lover... :bang: Great job Charlene, come on training...

May I ask, why would you say that? You don't think that wasn't, lets just say in good taste, or wise. If she had been from Argentina, understandably. But Monaco is in France's bosom. Her "lover", it seems is always at his utmost trying to impress the French politicians. I don't understand.

Let's stay on topic. This thread is for the current events of Prince Albert....not Charlene Wittstock.

Pics 20.9.2007

Albert at an event at the harbour today, he visited the "Salon Nautique de Monaco":

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

Glistening Seas

:) pic number 3 is a great pic loooove the water looks like some pristine waters. is there some more pics of what PA at the boat show on the boat show site or on here?? does AnYoNe know :monacostandard::rainbow::innocent:

This is not really current events yet, but I'm curious to know if PA will be attending 62nd session of the UN General Assembly. I believe there is a high-level meeting on climate change this coming Monday, and having promoted environmental protection, I would think PA would make his pitch.

On a similar note, if PA is indeed attending, I'm curious to know if CW will be with him (though not at the UN GA I hope as she's not a delegate or has an official governmental capacity).

Pics 20.+21.9.2007

Glistening Seas, you can find a few more pics from the boat show -
the "Monaco Yacht Show 2007" in this link from abaca :flowers:
LadyMacAlpine, you're welcome and I'm glad you like it :flowers:

In the evening of 20 Sep 2007 there was an auction called "ONLY WATCH "
organised for the Monaco Yacht show:

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 *

And yesterday on 21 Sep 2007, Sir Peter Westmacott took his new position
of Great Britain's Ambassador to the Principality of Monaco. It is the first
time for Britain to send an ambassador to Monaco.

* Pic 1 ** Pic 2 *

This is not really current events yet, but I'm curious to know if PA will be attending 62nd session of the UN General Assembly. I believe there is a high-level meeting on climate change this coming Monday, and having promoted environmental protection, I would think PA would make his pitch.

On a similar note, if PA is indeed attending, I'm curious to know if CW will be with him (though not at the UN GA I hope as she's not a delegate or has an official governmental capacity).

UN Convention on climate change

I guess Albert will be at the meeting in New York on Monday as he's part of a wörkgroup together with South Korea's prime minister Han Duck-soo, Liechtenstein's head of government Othmar Hasler and Mexico's environment minister Juan Elvira. They are to work on suggestions for a better international climate policy until the next big convention in Bali in December.

His excellency Sir peter Westmacott (R) chats with Prince Albert II at the Castle balcony to watch the Royal Navy military band parade, Monaco, 21 September 2007 after taking his new position of Great Britain Ambassador to Principality of Monaco. It is the first tima for Britain to send an ambassador to Monaco. EPA/ASM CORBIS OUT

ANP Beeldbank

Thanx everyone for posting pics of Albert, I think he looks slimmer again.
I am not surprised Albert will be in NY at U.N. session discussing environment. :)
Do we know if he plans longer stay in the U.S.? Does he have any other official visits scheduled here?

parmi nous

Glad to see the pics of PA looking trimmer slimmer on Jaya's perpetual rituals of a correct diet and physical fitness.We do want Pa parmi nous after all and norar risk for stroke or heartattack which being overweight can lead to.

Do you think Albert would speak if he go. He do look good.

Prince Albert honors Tracy Mattes as inspirational resident

I just have to share this. This is a really inspirational story for any athlete, especially women. This woman was a top athlete training in Monaco and after suffering an injury she enacted an amazing "Plan B." Not only did she returned to school and received a masters degree graduating the top in her class, but she also developed and initiated a plan that will alleviate hardship for other athletes. She’s truly inspirational and an asset to Monaco! Here’s a picture (Prince Albert, Tracy, Stelios Haji-Ioannou) and a link to the full article.

Inspirational Philanthropists in Monaco

Tracy Mattes, who was raised in the USA, is one of these inspirational residents. After an international career as a high earning athlete, which meant training six to eight hours a day and a second career presenting and producing the evening news at NBC she has been living in Monaco for four years. She came to the area after being invited to the Principality to train for the Modern Pentathlon which ended up turning her life around. Unfortunately a horse riding accident resulted in a fracture in her hand and put her out of action for competition.

Tracy took the unwanted rest initially with difficulty but her determined spirit prevailed and eventually she decided to hone her business skills completing an MBA, where she finished top of her class, earning her the Valedictorian Award, which HSH Prince Albert II and Greek tycoon Stelios Haji-Ioannou, a Monaco resident, presented her with at her graduation ceremony. At the same time she came up with the idea of a business plan for a scientific Olympic Sports Training Centre in the region to help athletes prepare for high level competition. The centre would help coordinate training schedules at the many high level sporting facilities in Monaco, offer services like nutritional advice, health plans and accommodations for athletes in training, something that she had identified as missing throughout her well travelled career which spanned fifty three countries.

Although athletes like Tracy can earn a million dollars a year on the circuit, she says the life is a hard one and not all celebrity and limousines which is why she wants to get this training centre in place. “There was a lot of hardship in between races, there were times you didn’t know how you were going to get from one to another, but it always turned out to be an adventure. What we are creating here in Monaco, is something us athletes wish we would have had during our careers."

Prince Albert in U.S. this week

It seems that Prince Albert is currently in the U.S. until Thursday. Here’s the link to a French article in the Nice Matin.

Summary of the article:
Sunday, 23 Sept 07, he is the guest of honor at a dinner in New York organized by Dr. Tim Wirth, President of the United Nations Foundation.

Monday, 24 Sept 07, he will participate in a plenary meeting at the Un about climate change.

Tuesday, 25 Sept 07, he will give a speech at the opening of the 62nd UN General Assembly. He will also be at a reception for George and Laura Bush followed by a dinner hosted by UN Secrétaire Général Ban Ki-Moon.

Wednesday, 26 Sep 07, he will leave in the morning to go to Washington D.C. to inaugurate the Monaco Embassy. He will meet with the Monaco cousulars from the following offices: New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and San Francisco.

Thursday, 27 Sep 07, he will have breakfast organized by the UN Foundation in the presence of Senator Ted Turner. Them he will have a meeting between the (Clinton Global Initiative and la Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco.

It seems that Prince Albert is currently in the U.S. until Thursday. Here’s the link to a French article in the Nice Matin.

Summary of the article:
Sunday, 23 Sept 07, he is the guest of honor at a dinner in New York organized by Dr. Tim Wirth, President of the United Nations Foundation.

Monday, 24 Sept 07, he will participate in a plenary meeting at the Un about climate change.

Tuesday, 25 Sept 07, he will give a speech at the opening of the 62nd UN General Assembly. He will also be at a reception for George and Laura Bush followed by a dinner hosted by UN Secrétaire Général Ban Ki-Moon.

Wednesday, 26 Sep 07, he will leave in the morning to go to Washington D.C. to inaugurate the Monaco Embassy. He will meet with the Monaco cousulars from the following offices: New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas and San Francisco.

Thursday, 27 Sep 07, he will have breakfast organized by the UN Foundation in the presence of Senator Ted Turner. Them he will have a meeting between the (Clinton Global Initiative and la Fondation Prince Albert II de Monaco.

He's staying at an Upper East side upscale hotel.

Pic 21.9.2007

Albert at the rugby match between France and Ireland that was part
of the rugby worldchampionship 2007 in the "Stade de France de
Saint-Denis". Nicolas Sarkozy, Bernard Lapasset and Michèle Alliot-Marie
can also be seen on the pic:

Albert 21.9.2007

PA Current Events 24

Thanks MyAdia for all of the really great info. Looks like things are working good for PA.:flowers:

Ted Turner isn't a senator. He owns CNN and a bunch of other cable networks and has a US $1b environmental fund.

Ted Turner isn't a senator. He owns CNN and a bunch of other cable networks and has a US $1b environmental fund.

Thinks pinklady. For a minute there, I thought I missed Ted getting elected.:rolleyes:

Pics 24.9.2007

Albert II, Prince of Monaco addresses a high-level climate change
meeting at the United Nations General Assembly at United Nations
headquarters in New York, USA, on 24 September 2007. Tomorrow,
the General Debate of the 62nd United Nations General Assembly
will begin. EPA/JUSTIN LANE

Pic 1 *** Pic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom