HSH Prince Albert Current Events 23 : July 2007 - Sept.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monaco Info was here yesterday... Here's a link to LSGs at Sporting.
Centre de Presse "soirée".
Alberts speech has been edited. His blunder where he lost himself in the script has been cut out as well as his anger about the criticism of the games as not being ecological. He said sth about "critique abusive".

So, this Russian trip was the opportunity for Putin to present himself as macho.;) I'm not sure what it did for Albert. There is article about Albert encouraging others to visit Kamchatka.:ermm: I don't get this, why Albert does it. Does he want to please Putin? :confused:

And I will ask silly question.:blush: How it was with those seals? Did Albert take them or not. Where they ever offered or not. Is it true that princely palace denied the story, or at least part of the story that Albert was going to take animals to Monaco. I am asking b/c I want to know how much we can trust the media...:neutral:

Was that CW walking on the stage alongside PA? I think she was in flats, light blue dress, white jacket, tied back hair. What did she do on stage? Stand? Help give out awards?
Yes if my eyes do not betray me that indeed was CW with the slightly nautical air in attire about her walking across the stage.....

Pa should stop the blunders in his speeches as he has not the oratorial skills of Churchill but as Head Of State he should strive to do his best and surpass himself. Instead he blunders.... and then it is called critical abuse.....
I think Pa should sing Monaco's national anthem to practice.........and the other songs well let us say he is not Mario Lanza who was from a town his mom was born in...............

Ecology,spirituality & poetry

I am perplexed sometimes as to what the Prince means with all this ecology.Can we really save the environment when it is only a reflection of what and how individuals are conducting themselves on the earth plane? Firstly we have to be "green" in our own deeds,thoughts and actions and then be conscientious enough to follow through for the terrestrial. Just a thought.
The "green" is the signifier of the soul as the Indians say the atmakaraka which should be without miasma.
The ecological activists are attemepting as Pa is to find the signifier of the planet and set it straight.. keep it without polllution and I commend their individual and collective efforts ...
I hope Pa writes a book on this topic later to elucidate just what it is he is attempting to achieve....
I wonder if PA met any of the great poets of Russia while there?
I wonder if he brought back some marvellous icons those pictorial windows on eternity....

Alberts speech has been edited. His blunder where he lost himself in the script has been cut out as well as his anger about the criticism of the games as not being ecological. He said sth about "critique abusive".
Judging by the precedents it seems that Albert isn't good with taking criticism. Maybe that's the problem? :ermm:

I am perplexed sometimes as to what the Prince means with all this ecology. ...
I hope Pa writes a book on this topic later to elucidate just what it is he is attempting to achieve....
Yes, he should indeed write a book about his preaching. It is very vague. He says we should protect the ocean and to show his love for it he drowns a dolphin. To show his concern for the ozone layer he flies 50 dogs, six sledges, I don't know how many people and equipment in a large Boeing plane right to the North pole where the ozone layer is the thinnest and the biggest cause for its further thinning is airplane traffic. He also says that we should cut down on traffic pollution and therefore he drives to work in his big car and back home, although it would take him five minutes to walk. He also drives everywhere and takes a helicopter and private planes, polluting 50 times more than necessary.

Albert - write a book, please, to explain yourself.

It seems that Saturday evening Albert attended the Tom Jones concert with Patrick Bruel. I am assuming that the respective females were at their sides.

<Removed off-topic comments/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Albert just presented "Footballer of the year" trophy to Kaka on UEFA CL draw manifestation.
I was watching it on Euro Sport.

I've just moved a bunch of off-topic posts to the Prince Albert's Achievements thread. As I'm sure everyone is aware, the current-events thread isn't the place for general discussions of his effectiveness or otherwise as head of state or his relationship with Charlene Wittstock.

Elspeth

Monaco moderator

Than Albert need to change the law to make the law stonger. If your not rich you are in trouble.

Pics 30.8.2007

Prince Albert of Monaco, center, poses with AC Milan´s forward soccer Ricardo Kaka of Brazil, Italian soccer
defender Paolo Maldini, German midfielder Clarence Seedorf and Chelsea´s goalkeeper Petr Cech of Czech
Republic after being respectively awarded 2007 best forward, defender midfielder and goalkeeper during the
ceremony of the UEFA European Club Football awards 2007, Aug 30, 2007 in Monaco. AP Photo/Cironneau

Pic 1
Pic 2

Tomorrow evening there is the annual picnic at Parc PRincesse Antoinette. I wonder whether Albert will be there as it is traditional for the prince to be there, on the other hand he has obligations with Mandela the same evening.

<Removed off-topic quote and comments/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Paca, I thought the Mandela event on Saturday was a lunch at the palace (invitees: either people with a lot of money to spend on a ticket or the select elite invited by either Mandela or Albert) and the Mandela gala event on Sunday evening?

Well, good for his waist. : D At least this time he doesn't double schedule, though I wouldn't have been surprised as he often does it. But maybe he is using the opportunity to show people that he cares about them as for quite sometime they didn't have this impression.

Pics 31.8.2007

Albert with UEFA president Michel Platini of France and Silvio Berlusconi President of
Italy at the UEFA Super Cup match in Monaco on 31 August 2007.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

And here are two more pics from Thursday evening:

Pic 1
Pic 2

Pic 3.9.2007

Winner of the 2007 Golden Foot award, Italian soccer player Alessandro Del Piero, right, receives
his trophy from Prince Albert II of Monaco, Monday, Sept. 3, 2007, in Monaco. (AP Photo / Lionel
Cironneau)

---> Pic

Winner of the 2007 Golden Foot award, Italian soccer player Alessandro Del Piero, right, receives
his trophy from Prince Albert II of Monaco, Monday, Sept. 3, 2007, in Monaco. (AP Photo / Lionel
Cironneau)

---> Pic

That's great! I'm so glad he won! Forza Juve!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

Pics 6.+8.9.2007

A big pic and some very small ones ;) of Albert's events the last days:

On Thursday, 6 Sep there was a signature of a protocol for associative voluntarism in the
Principality -- > pic --> article

And on Saturday, 8 Sep , Albert opened an exhibition at the museum of automobiles as the
"MOTO CLUB DE MONACO" had it's 60th birthday --> Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Pics 10.9.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco has visited Cave of Le Lazaret and the Laboratoire Départemental de Préhistoire on Monday September 10, 2007 in Nice, Southern France. It is famous as being a prehistoric occupation site and the results of archaeological excavations there have been interpreted as representing the construction of shelters by early types of human during the Lower Palaeolithic period. It has also produced more than 20,000 bone fragments from the remains of prehistoric animals.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Glistening Seas

:shock::):ermm::)ummm where are those heads from??? is the site excavated only one place??? whom are the "other gentlemen" with him?? Did they find something more from the time period???:shock::confused::monacostandard:

I'm shocked at how bad Albert looks in the first pic. Looks like he has all the worries of the world on his shoulders. He ages as quickly (and as badly) as Charlene does. Must be all that partying they do together. :unsure:

Last edited:
Albert appears to have gained back the weight he lost!

Pics 11.9.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco inaugurates a new nursery school in Monaco, September 11, 2007 - it's so sweet to see him with the children :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Glistening Seas

:angel:ohhhh how ab-so-loutely a-d-o-r-a-bl-e and i absolutely looove that chair so beach-y and cozy looking. From the looks and smile on PA'S face looks like he was having as much fun as the children were:popcorn::sun::star: they seemed completely bedazzled by PA being there what fun they must have had. :monacostandard::TRFrules:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom