HSH Prince Albert Current Events 22 : April 2007 - July 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic 19.5.2007

Prince Albert II of Monaco poses with Cecilia Peck (L) and Barbara Kopple (R), producers of Dixie Chicks: Shut Up and Sing, before the screening of the movie, during the Monaco Music Film Festival (MMFF) at the Princess Grace Theatre, in Monte Carlo, Monaco, 19 May 2007. The film follows the lives and carreers of the Dixie Chicks over a period of 3 years. EPA/ASM

--> Albert 19.5.2007

ITALY TENNIS ROME MASTERS
Prince Albert of Monaco awards Serbia's Jelena Jankovic after she won the final match against Russia's Svetlana Kuznetsova at the Rome Masters tennis tournament in Rome's Foro Italico clay-court, Sunday, May 20, 2007. Jankovic won 7-5, 6-1. (AP Photo/Gregorio Borgia)

Pic

well i think this was awhile ago, because she was on vacation...They didnt know who Prince Albert was, I mean we are from a small small town in the midwest. And I guess she got drunk, and went up to their table and said, "Which one of you is the Prince?" and he said "Well I am." and he invited her to sit at the table, and I guess then he went up to her parents table and her father just got drunk because he didnt know what to do, I mean the frieken prince of monaco came up to their table and was having a conversation with them and inviting their daughter to go out and I guess her dad didnt know what else to do but drink..

oh no, she just thoguht it was really cool, she didnt have plans to tell anybody but people here, which this is small town America.....but i dont know if i was supposed to say anything or not, but I did, i just thought it was interesting...

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are two more nice pics of Albert yesterday, especially the first one..;) :)

Prince Albert of Monaco puts on lip balm before watching the final match between Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia and Jelena Jankovic of Serbia at the Italian Open tennis tournament in Rome May, 20, 2007. REUTERS:

Albert 1
Albert 2

I don't think he knows how to match. Those colors (together) are whack!

Ani

iceflower said:
Here are two more nice pics of Albert yesterday, especially the first one..;) :)

Prince Albert of Monaco puts on lip balm before watching the final match between Svetlana Kuznetsova of Russia and Jelena Jankovic of Serbia at the Italian Open tennis tournament in Rome May, 20, 2007. REUTERS:

Albert 1
Albert 2

That HAT is "whack" - couldn't he have found a more appropriate hat?!:lol:

Glistening Seas

:pawprint: :monacostandard: w-h-o-a-h, hey cool hat oh-umm the colors are "not bad " at all i'd say. however french cuffs are "really" nice definetly one of my favorites. any OpiNIons on this. well, i "must say" all those nice smileys are all just so great i really have a hard time picking only one. :innocent: oops typo's (don't you just hate when that happens) any OpInIons on this?? btw i like this pic so much i just 'had" to save it because it's really nice.

Last edited:
Wow! I really like the hat. Prince Albert looks great in it.

iceflower said:

Albert 1
Albert 2

haha - the first picture made me think of Napoleon Dynamite. I can imagine Prince Albert calling the palace and saying "can you bring me my chapstick, my lips hurt real bad!"

I apologize to those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about.

I would say the lip balm picture should go in the "just like us" thread, but I won't go there.....

Glistening Seas

:) oh the colors are very "nice" it's a great color contrast for his complexion. i like the red band on the hat it's quite cool. the man has an impeccable taste in clothes it's one of his most notable qualities about him. I'd say his father taught him well, because he and his dad have always had "great taste" in clothes. :monacoflag: Personally, i'd like to see him wearing "more" cowboy hats it suits him well, it's where he looks most relaxed and comfortable and most at his relaxed self's best. i haven't seen too many pics of napoleon to see if he does resemble him although i hear he is a descendent of napoleon. Any OpInions on this.??

Last edited:
Glistening Seas said:
:) oh the colors are very "nice" it's a great color contrast for his complexion. i like the red band on the hat it's quite cool. the man has an impeccable taste in clothes it's one of his most notable qualities about him. I'd say his father taught him well, because he and his dad have always had "great taste" in clothes. :monacoflag: Personally, i'd like to see him wearing "more" cowboy hats it suits him well, it's where he looks most relaxed and confortable and most at his relaxed self's best. i haven't seen too many pics of napoleon to see if he does resemble him although i hear he is a descendent of napoleon. Any OpInions on this.??
I don't know about Napoleon but he takes after the Douglas Hamilton side. I know people are going to say the Kelly side but let me assure you he does have feature's from the Scottish side.

Glistening Seas said:
:) oh the colors are very "nice" it's a great color contrast for his complexion. i like the red band on the hat it's quite cool. the man has an impeccable taste in clothes it's one of his most notable qualities about him. I'd say his father taught him well, because he and his dad have always had "great taste" in clothes. :monacoflag: Personally, i'd like to see him wearing "more" cowboy hats it suits him well, it's where he looks most relaxed and comfortable and most at his relaxed self's best. i haven't seen too many pics of napoleon to see if he does resemble him although i hear he is a descendent of napoleon. Any OpInions on this.??

I think Lea was referring to the movie Napoleon Dynamite not Napoleon the historical figure. It was a movie out a few years ago. I believe it was an Australian film but it became almost a cult classic with the teen set here in the US. I don't think there were an "name" stars in it. I think the lead actor is named Jon Head? Not sure as I only saw parts of it.

libra65 said:
I think Lea was referring to the movie Napoleon Dynamite not Napoleon the historical figure. It was a movie out a few years ago. I believe it was an Australian film but it became almost a cult classic with the teen set here in the US. I don't think there were an "name" stars in it. I think the lead actor is named Jon Head? Not sure as I only saw parts of it.

Thanks libra65! Yes, Jon Heder played Napoleon Dynamite. Actually it was popular with more than the teen set, I'm by no means a teen!

I'm sorry to bring up a reference that many don't get - I won't do that again.

Prince Albert's making an ecological act in southern France. In the Parc de Mercantour at the Vignols hamlet close to Roubion, Prince Albert takes part in a Langermeir release in order to send them back to their natural environment. The Langermeir are 3 month years old. One male, Roca, and one female Fontvieille was born in Austria.

Gallery

Tosca said:

Thanks for posting a link to the pictures, Tosca. They're better than some of the other - clearer, not better. I loved the caption:

Two birds of three months, Fontvielle (female) and Rocca (male) have been installed in their place of re-introduction by Her Majesty Prince Albert II with the authorities of Mercantour, as well as some political personalities from the neighbourhood

:lol:

:rolleyes: Great pictures!! Thanks to all who posted. Agreed. the caption was hilarious.:lol: :ROFLMAO:

You know, we live in a republic, so many of us are not familiar with noble titles...:)

Tosca said:
You know, we live in a republic, so many of us are not familiar with noble titles...:)

Yes, but I know the Italians can tell the difference between boys & girls. (HIS or Her majesty).:D :D

Glistening Seas

:) oh well, these guys look like they are having the time of their lives, even with lugging all that heavy stuff. i must say they look like a fun bunch to have been around. :shock: was the animal extinct. :eek: the creature is huge to say the least for a 3 month old. even though most of us don't consider these animals anything at top of the "cuddly" list to say the least, they play such a vital role in the food chain that they just can't be ignored. the animal seemed so tame in the hands of PA and those guys handling them it's almost hard to think of these creatures morbidly. :coffee: you know i wonder if those guys could resist the urge to go cave exploring although from seeing the smiles on these guys it seems like they looked so at ease and completely in their environment.

Well, can't blame them being all being at ease there. It is a beautyful area. I've been around there a lot for house hunting ( unfortunetely didn't work out :() There are some nice villages there as well and if anyone would offer me a place in my favourite village near the Mercantour, I'd be moving there tomorrow. You can go hiking,mountain biking, there are caves, you can go on horse etc etc. In Tende there is a natural history museum, in winter you can go skiing. If you are ever in the region, you should take a few days out there. It is quite the change to Monaco :D

What prince Albert was carrying in this big box on this back? Birds? :unsure: :innocent:

In the nice matin article it said that he carried one bird and his councellor the other. It was a one hour walk apparently.

paca said:
In the nice matin article it said that he carried one bird and his councellor the other. It was a one hour walk apparently.

yes, finally it is that it is told, that one wants to make us believe... but there is to drink and to eat... like one says on my village...

and then the prince did not carry the case from his exit of car...

Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories

looks the photo DL118159_015.JPG He arrives without the case, thus he carried the case only when he arrived at two steps of the cave
lckc

lckc571 said:
yes, finally it is that it is told, that one wants to make us believe... but there is to drink and to eat... like one says on my village...
and then the prince did not carry the case from his exit of car...
Deadline Press Photo - Latest Stories
looks the photo DL118159_015.JPG He arrives without the case, thus he carried the case only when he arrived at two steps of the cave
lckc
You're right... but some people are saying he 's a sportman!!! :)

Can anybody enlighten me, please?

Last night I happened to be watching the news on Mediaset owned TG4, where the editor himself, said that Prince Albert officially announced that he will never marry. The girls he keeps company with, are those whom he highly estimates, and the reason he will never marry is that he wants to keep his mother's memory sort of everlasting.
Does anyone know if this is true????

Tosca said:

Last night I happened to be watching the news on Mediaset owned TG4, where the editor himself, said that Prince Albert officially announced that he will never marry. The girls he keeps company with, are those whom he highly estimates, and the reason he will never marry is that he wants to keep his mother's memory sort of everlasting.
Great news, if it is true. :flowers:

Tosca said:

Ohh, is this a tele emission? or a magazine??? I do not know... I want to know.

lckc

I heard this on TG4, a news programme. I took a glance at the dagospia website, that is usually well informed on this kind of things, but I've found nothing so far...

It may be a cock-and-bull story. I wish I knew more, but can't find anything about that on the net.

Tosca said:
I heard this on TG4, a news programme. I took a glance at the dagospia website, that is usually well informed on this kind of things, but I've found nothing so far...

It may be a cock-and-bull story. I wish I knew more, but can't find anything about that on the net.

tosca, take a look at this recent "times" story that seems to be getting rehashed in different tabloids ... i'm wondering if the presenter who told the story misinterpreted what albert said in this interview ... albert does mention focusing on the july event for his mother's legacy and not having plans to marry now ... but he doesn't directly say he won't ever marry because of her legacy ... just a thought ... it's the only one i could think of .... yes, maybe another cock and bull story.:)

Remembering my fairytale mother-News-World-Europe-TimesOnline

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom