HSH Prince Albert Current Events 15 : Jan.2006 - Feb.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea me too...I love those dreamy baby blue eyes!...:)

The new photo is great and Albert looks fantastic :) But hey! where did you see the blue eyes? They are dark on the pic. I think the blue color would be noticeable face to face only or on the pic with a big resolution ;)

AquaMarine said:
The new photo is great and Albert looks fantastic :) But hey! where did you see the blue eyes? They are dark on the pic. I think the blue color would be noticeable face to face only or on the pic with a big resolution ;)
Trust me they are a beautiful blue.

PA eyes are blue. In my opinion, it is one of his finer facial attributes.. :)

:) I trust you, but in my previous message I wrote about his eyes on the new official pic. Are they really blue on the pic or I don't see it on my computer screen? :confused:

AquaMarine said:
:) I trust you, but in my previous message I wrote about his eyes on the new official pic. Are they really blue on the pic or I don't see it on my computer screen? :confused:
Not in that photo but they are blue.

AquaMarine said:

That and a strong Kelly jawline. ;)

Nice pictures!

I don't know if this qualifies as news, but the Final Jeopardy question today asked what two European monarchs share the same name and number.
Sadly, none of the contestants guessed correctly (One of them said Beatrix VII!)
Of course, the answer was Albert II.
:-D

Prince Albert of Monaco, center, poses with the winner of the 74th Monte-Carlo Rally, Markus Gronholm of Finland, left, and his co driver Timo Rautiainen of Finland, during the awarding ceremony of the 74th Monte Carlo rally, at Monaco, Sunday, Jan. 22, 2006.

mcap9l.jpg
mcd6xf.jpg

(from AP)

Last edited:
Newscom

Prince Albert of Monaco at the celebration of the Saint Devote. The legend of Devote, the country's patron saint and founder, is a cherished part of Monegasque heritage. Every year on 26 January a torchlit ceremony is held for her at the Church of St Devote. According to the tradition, a small boat is set alight on the harbour, by the "Vallon des Gaumattes", with the participation of the Grimaldi family. This very symbolic celebration can be explained thanks to the story of Sainte Devote. She was most certainly born in Corsica, in the year 283 A.D.; she was hounded and tortured because of her Christian faith. When her wounded body was being burnt at the stake, confessors of the faith snatched it away and escaped by boat with the intention of going to Africa. Unfortunately, the winds were not favourable and the sailors fell asleep. A dream instructed them to continue their journey and follow a dove. They finally arrived near Monachon, in the "Vallon Gannates" (Vallon des Gaumattes) where the body of the martyr was laid to rest. Subsequently, a few miracles occurred, people spread the news and Devote became the Patron Saint of Monaco.26/01/2006.

mlo8zn.jpg
mlo93r.jpg
mlo96b.jpg

To add to the legend: her remains were stolen, but the monegasques went after the thieves, got them and set their boat on fire. Hence the burning of the boat.

I must say I'm amazed about the number of people there, since it has been raining and cold and usually you have to wait around quite a while for the mass and the procession to end etc. There was a 15 min firework afterwards.

And since I live here it is the first time PA is the only one to light the barge. But apparently Steph had to prepare for the show tonight, which was right after and evening gowns and fires don't go well together. Maybe she'll be there tomorrow, though that would be quite a surprise.

tbhrc said:
2 more pics from Newscom
Thank you very much for the time you put into finding these photo's and sharing them with us.

More from newscom

Attachments

• 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 264
  • 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 223
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 217
Yahoo News AP / Reuters

Prince Albert II of Monaco makes the sign of the cross from the Monaco Palace, during the St. Devote procession, Friday, Jan. 27, 2006, in Monaco. Saint Devote is the patron saint of the Grimaldi family, reigning in Monaco, and every January 27th, the Principality celebrates St. Devote's Day as a national holiday. (AP Photo/Lionel Cironneau)

mmpkys.jpg
mmpkzc.jpg
mmpl08.jpg

Here you can find more pics of the St. Devote celebrations

a close-up of Albert
(from polfoto)

Attachments

• AP572162_guest.jpg
    AP572162_guest.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 268
It will be interesting to see PA at the olympics--but not as an athlete....
He will have official roles to carry out as both a head of state and member of the International Olympic Committee. We should get some great pictures of PA later this week....

:) Go Pittsburgh Steelers!!!!!! Win the Superbowl!!!:)

Getty Images

Caption:
TURIN, ITALY - FEBRUARY 07: Jacques Rogge (C), the President of the I.O.C., sits next to Prince Albert of Monaco (L) and I.O.C. member Sergei Bubka (R) as they eat breakfast during a visit to the athlete's Olympic village during the Turin 2006 Winter Olympic Games on February 7, 2006 in Turin, Italy. The opening ceremony will take place on February 10, 2006 at the Olympic Stadium. (Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images)

nd6739.jpg

nd6744.jpg

nd6780.jpg

nd678y.jpg

wouldnt that be so weird to have people taking your picture while u r eating breakfast. i dont think i could hold anything down if i was there

semisquare said:
wouldnt that be so weird to have people taking your picture while u r eating breakfast. i dont think i could hold anything down if i was there
Albert has been getting his picture taken for years. Those were photo shoots if you notice more then one person is present to take them. You also have to get use to it if you aren't born in the lime light.

semisquare said:

:p I could be! Esp. if I am hungry ;) Just imagine all the people around as the part of furniture :D

A poster on another Royal forum website said that Shermine Sharivar was the one PA took to South Africa for his private holiday...
Knowing that he probably wouldn't go celebrate New Years alone , this could be possible...
Has anyone else read anything about this???

teense said:
A poster on another Royal forum website said that Shermine Sharivar was the one PA took to South Africa for his private holiday...
Knowing that he probably wouldn't go celebrate New Years alone , this could be possible...
Has anyone else read anything about this???

I did a quick check teense and I from what I could see there wasn't much there since last November other than a couple of German and French reports. He has been playing this one quietly, but to go back to previous discussions, she seems too ambitious for her own career to be thinking of marriage/no career. I dunno...I have a feeling she's more of "Ms. Right Now" than "Ms. Right." Of course, our expectations may differ a bit from PA's....;)

Paca: any sightings in your neck of the woods??????

pinklady1991 said:
I did a quick check teense and I from what I could see there wasn't much there since last November other than a couple of German and French reports. He has been playing this one quietly, but to go back to previous discussions, she seems too ambitious for her own career to be thinking of marriage/no career. I dunno...I have a feeling she's more of "Ms. Right Now" than "Ms. Right." Of course, our expectations may differ a bit from PA's....;)

Thanks for checking pinklady!!!
He was probably with a date on New year's(A romantic time to be on a "private holiday":rolleyes: ) I just wonder who?? He is "playing this one quietly" as you say...

No problem, teense...I love using my linguistic skills and such searches break the stress at work. A private holiday could also mean with a group of friends, not just one particular lady. There were no "sightings" of Ms. Sharivar at the circus so I have my doubts about a "relationship." Perhaps another agent seeking publicity for his/her client? Either that or both of them are extraordinarily discreet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom