General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Albert commented on the runaway bride rumor.

Prince Albert II of Monaco says rumours that new wife Princess Charlene had tried to run away before their wedding last weekend were "completely fabricated."
Speaking from Durban, he said, "It's just to try to destabilise our marriage, it's very unfair."
IAfrica.com

I am getting tired of the media calling the IOC meeting as the honeymoon..Jesus Christ,they should get their facts straight before printing these 'reports'.

The honeymoon is AFTER the IOC and it may not be even in South Africa coz the destination is being keep a secret as a surprise for the bride.Prince Albert said it before on Euronews,grrrrr!.The media are so dramatic!

And one more thing,all these so called 'sources' are sprouting out like mushrooms.Sources said these,said that blah,blah.So,did Prince Albert made her sign a contract to pop an heir then go to their own separate way with witnesses so they could blab about it to the newspapers? Is he naive like that?..did the lawyers who had prepared the contract talked to the media?..did the notary that notarized the contract so it could be legal and binding also talked to the media?.

If a contract do exist..I think only the involved parties would know about it,and I don't think they're that stupid to be talking about it to the press.

Last edited:
"Sources" irritate me, just as you, I think.

The trouble with journalists is that they don't have time to prepare a proper story. Their editors make sure of that.
On top of that, even if they have time, they may not have style or imagination.

Renata: It is so irritating now and I also think it's unfair to the newlyweds coz this type of sensationalism could forever taint this couple for the rest of their married lives.Even Robert Lacey is stirring the pot as well..I bet he is salivating about the prospect of another book based on the couple.

I once read before about tabloids saying that happy couple never sells a story,so true! imo

My heart breaks for Charlene!

Last edited by a moderator:
RubyPrincess168 said:
My heart breaks for Charlene!

She knew was a serial philanderer, so while I certainly understand why you may feel sorry for her, none of this could/should be a surprise to her or to anyone else

Who knows if it is true or not, but if it's true.....what kind of newly married couple sleeps in separate beds?

She knew was a serial philanderer, so while I certainly understand why you may feel sorry for her, none of this could/should be a surprise to her or to anyone else

I may be wrong but how is he a philanderer if he wasn't married?

Perhaps you mean a womanizer or a playboy?

Aren't we jumping to conclusions ??

I believe that many are. Albert does have a reputation for being a "playboy" and does have two kids already and yet people are accusing him of all kinds of things without any proof. He wasn't in a committed legal relationship before to my knowledge.

Its worth knowing that pretty much anyone can accuse anyone of being someone's father. I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but no one acts for proof before you name put someone's name on a birth certificate. Why don't we wait for the paternity tests before we start accusing him of all kinds of things.

Last edited:
Charlene and Albert cut short their South African stay on Friday, citing urgent business in Monaco as their reason.
Separate beds for royal couple: Entertainment: News: Local

Quote from the article LadyFinn posted.
However, it has been confirmed by hotel spokesperson Joanne Hayes that Princess Charlene stayed in the Buthelezi suite (R10 600 per night).
Quote from the one I am posting.
But yesterday, Hayes denied divulging the information: "It's absolute nonsense . I simply said the princess had stayed at the Oyster Box and nothing about where the prince had stayed. She did have a suite, but for all I know she didn't even stay in that suite."
Times Live

There you go that is what the press does to get a story. How Charlene went from a Youth Worker to a school teacher.

They all act like there would be no heir if PA doesn't have children. Obviously did alot of research.

It appears that this bit of information about separate hotel rooms has been denied by the person who is attributed to making them.

It appears that this bit of information about separate hotel rooms has been denied by the person who is attributed to making them.
A reason I felt it necessary to post it.

And this from the other article I posted.
Prince Albert II of Monaco says rumours that new wife Princess Charlene had tried to run away before their wedding last weekend were "completely fabricated."

Speaking from Durban, he said, "It's just to try to destabilise our marriage, it's very unfair."
Charlene and her father also said the rumors weren't true. I wouldn't believe anything unless the Palace confirms it because I have seen inside what these people think and will do for a story to gain a following.

Who knows if it is true or not, but if it's true.....what kind of newly married couple sleeps in separate beds?

Well, let's see. If PRINCESS Charlene has an engagement 16km away from an engagement where Prince Albert has an engagement...then they would be in different places when nitey-nite came.

C'mon, people. They've been living together for quite a while and obviously feel no need to cling to each other like another recently-wedded couple, who have lived together for a number of years.

PRINCESS Charlene will have her honeymoon in due course.

Zonk said:
I may be wrong but how is he a philanderer if he wasn't married?

Perhaps you mean a womanizer or a playboy?

I believe that many are. Albert does have a reputation for being a "playboy" and does have two kids already and yet people are accusing him of all kinds of things without any proof. He wasn't in a committed legal relationship before to my knowledge.

Its worth knowing that pretty much anyone can accuse anyone of being someone's father. I don't know how it is in the rest of the world, but no one acts for proof before you name put someone's name on a birth certificate. Why don't we wait for the paternity tests before we start accusing him of all kinds of things.

You say potato, I say pohtato ... I think you get my point

I have never been a follower of Albert's. I will admit that I read the Monaco forums because I moderate them. The Princely Family of Monaco holds no special interest to me but that is just me.

That being said, I think its slightly disturbing in a world of instant news, phone hacking journalists that people are apt to believe the worst of people without any proof.

Did Albert date a lot of women pre Charlene? and maybe some of the dating is murky (dating Charlene while dating other women). Did Albert have kids outside the confines of Marriage? Yes to all those questions.

Albert has not (to my knowledge) been married before so unless he is telling (or told) the woman he dated that they were in a committed relationship when he was doing something else than he hasn't done anything illegal. He wouldn't, by the way, the first man to lie to a woman about what type of relationship they are in when he is doing other things. But I am not trying to bash men in general just making an observation. And yes, it goes two ways...there are some women who do the same thing.

I don't know the specifics of Albert and Charlene's relationship, if they are in love or if it was an agreed upon business arrangement between two consenting adults. I don't know if the allegations are true about the cheating or the alleged children but I do know that he hasn't been found guilty of anything other than using poor judgement. Hence IMO he doesn't deserve some of the names being thrown about.

Last edited:
I have never been a follower of Albert's. I will admit that I read the Monaco forums because I moderate them. The Princely Family of Monaco holds no special interest to me but that is just me.

That being said, I think its slightly disturbing in a world of instant news, phone hacking journalists that people are apt to believe the worst of people without any proof.

Did Albert date a lot of women pre Charlene? and maybe some of the dating is murky (dating Charlene while dating other women). Did Albert have kids outside the confines of Marriage? Yes to all those questions.

Albert has not (to my knowledge) been married before so unless he is telling (or told) the woman he dated that they were in a committed relationship when he was doing something else than he hasn't done anything illegal. He wouldn't, by the way, the first man to lie to a woman about what type of relationship they are in when he is doing other things. But I am not trying to bash men in general just making an observation. And yes, it goes two ways...there are some women who do the same thing.

I don't know the specifics of Albert and Charlene's relationship, if they are in love or if it was an agreed upon business arrangement between two consenting adults. I don't know if the allegations are true about the cheating or the alleged children but I do know that he hasn't been found guilty of anything other than using poor judgement. Hence IMO he doesn't deserve some of the names being thrown about.

I agree, Zonk. When I was in my twenties, I dated several woman at the same time. I was honest with all and told them the dates were not about being exclusive.

Even with that, 2-3 wanted to make it an exclusive relationship. One actively tried to get pregnant to make the relationship permanent. When I found the pressure got to be too much (especially the one trying to get pregnant) I broke it off.

As I neared 30, my choice to get married to one of the gals I was dating was based upon love, common interests and compatibility. It was a natural progression and resulted in a long-term relationship.

I can only imagine the way newspapers could have written about my dating years and the resultant marriage - if it would be of interest to their readers. Fortunately, I wasn't rich or royalty - so no articles were published regarding this great time in my life.

I just wanted to insert a male point of view into the discussion.

What horrible people (newspapers/press). Why are they set on breaking up this marriage before it has even began. Albert has been single and waiting so many years and now its like they want him to become single again. I hear now they have both returned to Monaco. I have not heard they are back in Monaco. Its so mean and nasty. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can do no wrong, Albert and Charlene can do no right as far as the press go. I have not purchased a newspaper in 20 years, I would rather read the BBC news on-line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree Angie..most of the printed articles citing 'sources' are the same stories that were out last week,only this time they are being recycled..rinse and repeat.Nothing new there.

Btw, I had purchased the Hello magazine of this week and there's an article about the wedding with Prince Albert speaking about all the rumours, and I quote "I don't know what I've done to anybody to make them say that. I honestly don't know why they did that."

I'm bringing this up because all these printed articles are always citing'Palace Officials' as a source...I don't think the Prince and the Palace officials would be contradicting each other whenever they address these rumours.The monegasque people are like a clan and they hold a high regard to the Grimaldi family..the ruling family and the monegasque have always stick together through thick and thin as they say. So I myself expect professionalism and loyalty from the employees to their employer imo.

Last edited:
If we are to take the newspaper "reports" with a grain of salt, then I think it fair that we also take Albert and Charlene's comments with the same grain.

I'm not sure that if Charlene actually did try to leave before the wedding, that anyone would admit to it. I can't quite see Charlene telling the Monaco press, "Yeah, I tried to run, but then I decided not to!"

(I'm a big cynic and I think that this is all being set up by someone from the palace because these two weren't getting enough press! :lol: )

I frankly thought it strange that Ms Coste(?) showed up in Monte Carlo wedding week and just happened to be photographed. I'm wondering if it may be a case of "if he won't marry me, then I will cause trouble whenever/whomever he does marry." I could easily see a somebody like that wanting to cause trouble.

IMO, PA needs to find a really good PR person to help manage the media problems.

I frankly thought it strange that Ms Coste(?) showed up in Monte Carlo wedding week and just happened to be photographed. I'm wondering if it may be a case of "if he won't marry me, then I will cause trouble whenever/whomever he does marry." I could easily see a somebody like that wanting to cause trouble.

IMO, PA needs to find a really good PR person to help manage the media problems.

Until these alleged women come forward,I'm keeping an open mind and right now my imagination is running wild.:lol:

Who did PA piss so much?..someone powerful?..did he denied or evicted someone with the means to cause this trouble..ah,questions,questions!

Unfortunately the same articles that are published in the Daily Fail are repeated in trash papers here in a day or two... Almost every day there has been a story about the couple with headlines screaming about them being miserable etc. Today in addition to the article about the couple sleeping apart (which in fact was proven false) one of the rags had dragged out a lawyer to comment on how it was against human rights to keep Charlene in Monaco against her will... :bang: :argh:

Apparently it is true that the bigger the lie, the more likely people are to believe it. Most people commenting on the 'news' on papers seem to think that 'since it was in the papers it must be true'... I just wish this couple would be left alone. I am getting angry and tired seeing all this mudslinging every day!

If we are to take the newspaper "reports" with a grain of salt, then I think it fair that we also take Albert and Charlene's comments with the same grain.

I'm not sure that if Charlene actually did try to leave before the wedding, that anyone would admit to it. I can't quite see Charlene telling the Monaco press, "Yeah, I tried to run, but then I decided not to!"

(I'm a big cynic and I think that this is all being set up by someone from the palace because these two weren't getting enough press! :lol: )

Well, if I personally have learned anything from the Charles and Diana years is not everything that is reported is the truth but rather someone's truth or just something that sounds good when writing the story.

So that is why I take much of this information with a grain of salt.

Quote from the article LadyFinn posted. Quote from the one I am posting. Times Live

There you go that is what the press does to get a story. How Charlene went from a Youth Worker to a school teacher.

For me it´s clear that no one has denied anything. An employer of the hotel just said she didn´t divulgue the information given to the press.

I quote:

But yesterday, Hayes denied divulging the information: "It's absolute nonsense . I simply said the princess had stayed at the Oyster Box and nothing about where the prince had stayed. She did have a suite, but for all I know she didn't even stay in that suite."
Hayes refused to comment on whether the royal couple had shared the room.

Some people always trying to blame the press!

http://www.timeslive.co.za/thetimes/2011/07/10/charlene-albert-on-the-rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom