General News & Information: Prince Albert & Princess Charlene 1: July 2011 - Feb.2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Nicole Coste, she lives in Villefranche-sur-Mer, next door to Monaco, and she can do her shopping wherever she likes.

...also regarding Nicole Coste, she was attending The Red Cross Ball on Monaco less than one year ago, which also happened to be be the first Red Cross Ball after the princely engagement, so whether it's shopping or socializing on the highest (Monte -) level, she's definitely not a persona non grata for Prince Albert.

I frankly thought it strange that Ms Coste(?) showed up in Monte Carlo wedding week and just happened to be photographed. I'm wondering if it may be a case of "if he won't marry me, then I will cause trouble whenever/whomever he does marry." I could easily see a somebody like that wanting to cause trouble.

IMO, PA needs to find a really good PR person to help manage the media problems.

It is my understanding that she and her son live either/or ( both?) in Paris but also in a town ( Villefranche sur Mer) 10 km or so away from Monaco- kind of like Monaco is the shopping town down the street. So , it might be quite understandable that she was "in town" for the day.
just sayin'

It is my understanding that she and her son live either/or ( both?) in Paris but also in a town ( Villefranche sur Mer) 10 km or so away from Monaco- kind of like Monaco is the shopping town down the street. So , it might be quite understandable that she was "in town" for the day.
just sayin'
I can't believe that she would pick that day to "run into town" for some groceries. I would have been as far from Monaco as I could have gotten several days before and after the wedding. No way you would have caught my mug on camera anywhere near that wedding. Some people are different though. I'm just say'in, I don't think that it's a coinsidence.

Until these alleged women come forward,I'm keeping an open mind and right now my imagination is running wild.:lol:

Who did PA piss so much?..someone powerful?..did he denied or evicted someone with the means to cause this trouble..ah,questions,questions!
That didn't occur to me, but you might be on to something. Someone must be really ticked off.

:previous: Oh I think it is very clear that "someone" is really pissed off, the question is, who would that person be? Obviously, IMO, this is a vendetta, someone wants to cause trouble and/or someone is being paid big bucks to cause trouble. :ermm:

:previous: Oh I think it is very clear that "someone" is really pissed off, the question is, who would that person be? Obviously, IMO, this is a vendetta, someone wants to cause trouble and/or someone is being paid big bucks to cause trouble. :ermm:

Good thought.

I hope everyone will keep an open mind and have patience until things become obvious. We don't need to add to the fuel on either side. We don't personally know the couple and it is very hard to know the truth from the outside. Time will tell if it is a happy union or not. They are married so I will wish them well and wait for concrete facts before commenting again.

These rumors don't come out from nothing, actually in one of the SA papers, the pair was pictured getting out from two diferent hotels, located in two different cities on...the same day. they had the magazine in the international section of the magazine stand I shop from. This might have been the trigger for the articles.This marriage has little credibility even in SA. I was surpised there was no crowd welcomming them at the airport or anyhwhere during the honeymoon.

Last edited:
These rumors don't come out from nothing, actually in one of the SA papers, the pair was pictured getting out from two diferent hotels, located in two different cities on...the same day. they had the magazine in the international section of the magazine stand I shop from. This might have been the trigger for the articles.This marriage has little credibility even in SA. I was surpised there was no crowd welcomming them at the airport or anyhwhere during the honeymoon.

I definitely think there's some truth to these rumors.

The father of princess Charlene has been forced to deny that her state marriage to Prince Albert was a sham.
Mr Wittstock confirmed that the Prince slept at a city centre hotel 20 minutes down the road to attend a 7am meeting of the International Olympic Committee.
He said: 'Charlene stayed at the Oyster Box Hotel and Albert stayed at the Hilton Hotel. This is because Albert attended the conference for the International Olympic Committee, which was held at the Hilton.'
Princess Charlene of Monaco's father claims her marriage to Prince Albert is NOT a sham | Mail Online

I hope everyone will keep an open mind and have patience until things become obvious. We don't need to add to the fuel on either side. We don't personally know the couple and it is very hard to know the truth from the outside. Time will tell if it is a happy union or not. They are married so I will wish them well and wait for concrete facts before commenting again.

I hope so too.
Let's get some facts straight. Noone saw photos of Charlene leaving Monaco.
It was on twitter, nothing more nothing less. And since then the rumors started.
Seeing them on their wedding, looking at eachother, holding hands... I don't think it was a show. It was real. They were nervous, who wouldn't be at such an massive occasion.
I will keep an open mind about it and will give them a chance to prove everybody wrong about these negative press

Kiss of death for fairytale?: City Press: Lifestyle: News

her father does what he's told by the the palace PR, and what he says doesn't make any sense ,Albert could have gone to the meeting by helicopter, he does this all the time. Also, how many people in love mix business and pleasure on a honeymoon??? The pics i've seen in the magazine(not the above) where showing an albert in T-shirt and shorts exiting hilton, he didn't look like a guy ready to go to a conference

Does anyone know if they are back in Monaco or if they are on their real honeymoon right now?

Well,according to PA's interview on Euronews before the wedding..they were going to their honeymoon right after the IOC conference.So,maybe they are on their honeymoon now.

Thats what I've heard too.
But in the press I read something about leaving SA for business in Monaco :ermm:

I guess no one really knows where they at the moment,to be honest.:)

Kiss of death for fairytale?: City Press: Lifestyle: News

her father does what he's told by the the palace PR, and what he says doesn't make any sense ,Albert could have gone to the meeting by helicopter, he does this all the time. Also, how many people in love mix business and pleasure on a honeymoon??? The pics i've seen in the magazine(not the above) where showing an albert in T-shirt and shorts exiting hilton, he didn't look like a guy ready to go to a conference
The civil ceremony was originally set for Friday 8 July 2011 and the religious ceremony the following day, Saturday 9 July 2011. That was July 22, 2010.
Monaco's Prince Albert changes wedding date
Sun Aug 1, 2010 8:03pm GMT PARIS Aug 1 (Reuters Life!) - Prince Albert of Monaco, son of the late Hollywood star Grace Kelly, has brought forward his wedding with South African Olympic swimmer Charlene Wittstock by six days to avoid a clash with an International Olympic Committee meeting.
The couple will hold ceremonies in Monaco on July 2-3 next year, the prince's palace said in a statement on Sunday.

"This is because a meeting of the International Olympic Committee is scheduled in Durban from 5 to 9 July and the couple wished for the presence of the Olympic family by their sides," the palace said.
"The prince also wanted the princess's first trip abroad to be to her homeland, South Africa.
Albert has said not even Charlene knows the location of their honeymoon. As I just posted the trip was for an IOC meeting and was planned before the engagement was announced therefore wasn't a honeymoon based on the facts. People are just viewing it as one since it was after the wedding. William and Kate didn't leave for a honeymoon and are now on an Official Visit. Both couples may start a new fad and suddenly disappear to keep the press away.

I don't want to comment on all the rumours because I think nobody than these two and their families might know the truth.
However - the trip to ZA definitely doesn't look like a honeymoon - with conferences and meetings.
Maybe this is the issue - and it would have been wise to have a honeymoon far away from press etc.

Prince William went back to work after his wedding. What's the difference? I think they were both just trying to let the press settle down a bit before they went on their honeymoons.

The difference is that people in light of the recent rumours, innuendos and newspaper reports are looking for ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to support the salacious claims.

I believe (as supported by Lady Mac above) when the wedding dates were changed because of the IOC meeting (I believe that was the reason given) it was always understood (and explained) that Albert and Charlene would attend the meetings and than go on their honeymoon. So basically this has the plan for the last year or so....so why everyone is surprised I don't know. From the IOC meeting standpoint, nothing has changed except the scandal.

And for the record I know plenty of people (regular people like you and me) and have read of well known people (William and Catherine as example) who have gone back to work after the wedding before leaving on a honeymoon. Sometimes its because of work obligations (an important meeting or event that must be taken care of before they go away), sometimes its costs (their vacation cruise or destination doesn't start right away). Its happens everyday.

Last edited:
Zonk, I think people have gotten wrapped up in the gossip that gets bigger with each repeat that the real details are forgotten or ignored. I deal in facts and someone is innocent until proven guilty. Albert has been tried and found guillty without the evidence which is really a personal matter between him, Charlene and the women who have made the claims. It takes two to make a baby yet, no one is saying a word about the women or their timing to decide and file a paternity suit. Odd one child is 18 months old, why did the mother wait until the wedding? She has had a full year since the engagement announcement but she waited to ruin the wedding IMO. Mad is my opinion like a mother who broke the news to the press after Rainier passed away and before Alberts enthronement. Darned if she didn't get her name back in the press supposedly being 2 months pregnant with Alberts child at the same time.

Last edited:

This is what I don't understand. The palace said it was logistically better for Albert to stay at the Hilton, but why couldn't Charlene stay there too?

If he was in IOC meetings for those days, what was Charlene doing all that time?

Also, sitting in traffic is awful, but if I just got married, I'd rather sit in traffic (or rather have my DRIVER sit in traffic, while I chill in the back seat) and spend the night with my husband/wife, than skip the traffic and spend the time apart. That's just me, though.

Despite the revelations, the Palace insisted that the couple had now headed off on a 'secret' honeymoon, away from the inquisitive eyes of the world's media and sceptics

The media is inquisitive about everyone. And we wouldn't be so sceptical if this entire thing wasn't so shady!!!!

This article shows just how unreliable this Tabloids are.
'It was suggested that they had returned home to Monaco last Friday, but in fact they are still travelling in South Africa,' the source added.
No one knows what is going on.

In my search for more info and photos on the wedding I found this. Charlene is quoted about the change of the wedding date.

"We have even moved our wedding date to be here."
Bunte

Zonk, I think people have gotten wrapped up in the gossip that gets bigger with each repeat that the real details are forgotten or ignored. I deal in facts and someone is innocent until proven guilty. Albert has been tried and found guillty without the evidence which is really a personal matter between him, Charlene and the women who have made the claims. It takes two to make a baby yet, no one is saying a word about the women or their timing to decide and file a paternity suit. Odd one child is 18 months old, why did the mother wait until the wedding? She has had a full year since the engagement announcement but she waited to ruin the wedding IMO. Mad is my opinion like a mother who broke the news to the press after Rainier passed away and before Alberts enthronement. Darned if she didn't get her name back in the press supposedly being 2 months pregnant with Alberts child at the same time.

:previous:
I agree. I think that the facts of this story is being lost in the media circus. I'm no fan of PA but I feel that the media have forgoten that their job is to report on facts and be able to back them up.

I already expected it that when they go into their honeymoon (after the IOCC) the press are going to call it as "Second Honeymoon".:ROFLMAO:

Good point there!!! :clap:
Let's just wait a while and we will know if they went on their honeymoon or got back to business as usual just like Kate and Wills did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom