General News & Information for Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly Charlene does not has to be smart. Good PR can do wonders. She may have very staged interview with prepared q & a. Many royals do that. I began to believe there are too many people involved in this wedding preparation, everyone has own ideas but really nobody is in charge: total chaos.

Pics of Charlene in Tatler are the worst professional pics of any royal I have seen for a long time. She appears cheap, her poses are horrible and outfits seem tacky although they are very expensive. Do we know the name of this horrible stylist?

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with the questionable cover of this Tatler magazine, are some quotes from Charlene that I found surprising and a little inappropriate.

“Of course I’ve been subject to jealousy, but that comes with the territory. Although I have met some wonderful people since I’ve been living in Monaco, I regard them all as acquaintances. I only have two people I consider friends here.”

“The people I mixed with in Monaco didn’t relate to my South African mentality or humor.”

Isn't that a bad way to start off as Princess of Monaco? She's basically said she doesn't like most of the people she's met so far in Monaco... or at least like anyone enough to become friends with them. I understand she must be cautious but statements like this are only going to isolate her further.

I can only hope she has been badly misquoted by this reporter (stranger things have happened).

I agree. She is supposed to spend the rest of her life in Monaco, so to start with complaints about its people isn´t very lucky. I doubt relationships with them will be better after such an interview.
And the cover - I love glamorous photos, but this looks very unnatural, it doesn´t fit her personality at all IMO.

in france , in Paris Match, Prince Albert and Charlene are on the cover, this photo was made Saturday evening in Tokyo, they seem to be very in love, there is also a report inside, where there are many photos we didn't see, it is for those people who understand french

Do you mean this pic? Is it hugging? Really? :ermm: When PA even does not try to bend to her (compare with his old pics with Togolese Nicole) and when CW is tooooo leaning to the right so that to fall into the pic center and camera' shot with a smile through gritted teeth? Oh, yes....madly :whistling: fell in love :lol:

And this kiss of passion and deep love? :lol::whistling:

Yes, the setup is a bit gauche, but then, that's not the first time they have looked less than sophisticated in their choice of pose.

On Novemer 25th, the French historian and writer Philippe Delorme is publishing a book named "Charlène et ces Drôles de Dames de Monaco".

This needs a bit of unpacking: English speakers are familiar with the word "droll" but the original French meaning (in this context) has nothing to do with "funny" or "droll'.

Remember the American series "Charlie's Angels" ? Charlie was a chap who had a small "harem" of resourceful, clever and accomplished young ladies who solved many conundrums and even murders!

So, the abovementioned ladies are the fictitional equivalent of the real, historical ladies and princesses of Monaco across the centuries of Grimaldi rule.

Philippe Delorme is using the arrival of Charlene to deliver a book packed with tales about many of the Drôles de Dames of yesterday and today.

www.philippedelorme.fr

I agree with AquaMarine, they look "sooo in loove"... :lol: (sorry for that, i can't help it)
If anything, they still look like friends. I'm sorry but this two don't have that "quality" that a couple in love has...
The cover, over all, is sort of nice.

Beg your pardon, but can one really see the "quality" of love? I think not.

^I can see it in Victoria and Daniel, Mette Marit and Haakon, Maxima and W-A...

my p.o.v

(...) Maybe you should all get your noses OUT of Charlene's Garden and put your noses into your OWN gardens for a change. As for the Jealousy, your poisonous points of view reflect precisely that.

Clearly Miss Wittstock's words have been twisted to boost magazine sales. An innocent remark about the cultural differences between South Africa and Monaco and all of a sudden she is anti? Come on. How many of you have even ever googled Benoni? You probably think its a cold meat of sorts
How many of you have even THOUGHT of visiting Africa?

The Direction we take in life is far more significant than where we've come from. Perhaps it would be more valuable to try open your hearts and Love Charlene instead of sabotaging her because Clearly, she isnt going anywhere.

Every Day you Choose.

Posts in which members have personally attacked other members have been removed.

Iceflower
Monaco Forum Moderator

^I can see it in Victoria and Daniel, Mette Marit and Haakon, Maxima and W-A...

It was also seen in Joachim and Alexandr, and Andrew and Sarah. For some, love isn't enough. If Albert and Charlene have an understanding of which they both agree on....and it works for them...who are we to judge on whether they will make it? Certainly, some of us might not do the same in either of their shoes...but again...it works for them.

At last, there are some persons who begin to defend Charlene and thought it is too much, I thought I was the only person who try to defend her because, she is a nice person, in france all the newspapers say that Charlene wittstock suceeded her travel with the prince and a princess is born, they speak what she said in tatler but like an anecdote, everybody know Charlene met jealousy,what she confesses is not a new. In an interview this summer,Princess Stephanie said about Charlene "she must stay like she is, it seems it continue, and and if there is something which doesn-t go, she must say it, " Charlene makes it, the jaleous persons will reconize themselves. It is a good think she did, and it was not for the monegasque people but for this elite(jet set) who judjs the persons about their apparence and not what they are abble to do.

At last, there are some persons who begin to defend Charlene and thought it is too much, I thought I was the only person who try to defend her because, she is a nice person, in france all the newspapers say that Charlene wittstock suceeded her travel with the prince and a princess is born, they speak what she said in tatler but like an anecdote, everybody know Charlene met jealousy,what she confesses is not a new. In an interview this summer,Princess Stephanie said about Charlene "she must stay like she is, it seems it continue, and and if there is something which doesn-t go, she must say it, " Charlene makes it, the jaleous persons will reconize themselves. It is a good think she did, and it was not for the monegasque people but for this elite(jet set) who judjs the persons about their apparence and not what they are abble to do.
Whatever she says she still has to think twice before opening her mouth. I have several times said that we can see she is not very smart from her comments.
And, because france's press says she is the perfect princess you believe them? You should read Eringer's blog and take a look to other boards, not everybody thinks she is nice. In fact, i know people that has met her and don't have nice comments to say about her.

I read all the bards what I can say that the boards in english are again Charlene , on the french boards, there is few comments again Charlene and many many persons defend her, don't stay on your boards come on our boards and you will see. I thinck there is a difference of culture beetween american english and europeans people. Eringer is not fair, We know him in france and what he says in liars. Justice is again him ans now I understand now why there are persons who are again her. Continue to critize her , you do not interesse me any more. I leave this board.

Leave this board? why? because i don't agree with you? that's ridiculous.
You have your opinion on Charlene, i have mine and everybody is fine. Just don't expect everyone to think that Charlene is nice. Some people might think it, some other not.

Natalie, I think the Lady refers to the many many comments by many people who still believe in fairy tales, whithout the slightest bit of criticism of what is in front of their eyes. I also read them. You just have to go to Hola every time a piece of news comes out, and you´ll find the usual "Well done Charlene!", "what a nice couple", they seem so in love". You, and me and other people, prefer to go a little further. I am critical. Reality is not for me whay the media show me, I don´t care what magazines say, and so when reading between the lines I see a desperate 50 year-old prince who accepts that over all these years he could do no better than an uneducated, uncultured lazy girl, and I see an enormous effort to invent a princess in no fertil ground, so other thoughts come to my mind.

I still believe both positions can interact.

Last edited:
Whatever she says she still has to think twice before opening her mouth. I have several times said that we can see she is not very smart from her comments.
And, because france's press says she is the perfect princess you believe them? You should read Eringer's blog and take a look to other boards, not everybody thinks she is nice. In fact, i know people that has met her and don't have nice comments to say about her.

It's not nice to dictate to the rest of us, you know. You don't like Charlene --- we know that, thank you very much. Charlene does not deserve criticism yet (although she might, later), nor does she need to be compared with PA's late mother or anyone else. This woman may be a slow starter, but I am sure there is some spark in her that captured PA's affections enough to propose. I prefer to think that she will blossom into her role, in her own time.

There is an engagement --- live with it.

Time to move on - there's room for everybody and all opinions are welcome! Let's get back to the topic!

It's not nice to dictate to the rest of us, you know. You don't like Charlene --- we know that, thank you very much. Charlene does not deserve criticism yet (although she might, later), nor does she need to be compared with PA's late mother or anyone else. This woman may be a slow starter, but I am sure there is some spark in her that captured PA's affections enough to propose. I prefer to think that she will blossom into her role, in her own time.

There is an engagement --- live with it.
Excuse me, i don't understand this last sentence. Live with it? I do. But from what i can see, you and some others can't stand negative comments about her. She doesn't deserve criticism? Not for you. We obviously are not in the same channel...
Anyway, i'll try to say nice things about Charlene if that makes everyone happy here. Geez...

For goodness sake...no one is saying that negative comments can't be said about Charlene or that everyone thinks Albert and Charlene are the love couple of the century (well, apparently the Monaco PR department thinks they are but are they supposed to say they are not?).

But what everyone (those for and against this relationship and Charlene) need to understand...is just as a lot of people are tired of the same people saying that Charlene walks on water, Albert and Charlene are the love couple of the century its a two edged sword..... a lot of people are tired of the same people making the same snarky comments about Charlene's looks, education, etc. In that respect, everyone is right and wrong. I mean sometimes I think people keep repeating the same things because they hope that someone will change their mind and say you know...you are right. Charlene/Albert is......

I personally have questioned a couple of things about this wedding.

Now back on topic.....any insight on what the people of Monaco think about this great interview....I mean modernizing the monarchy and Monaco with shoes and Starbucks....for goodness sake! Someone take this girl by the hand and lead her to the PR guru. Maybe it is better if she just smiles and not speak.

Last edited:
So they finally decided to tie the knot.

At least when things become too complicated for Charlene, like learning to speak the French language fluently and coping with the immense jealously from the Monegasques, she can escape to her country home where ever that may be.

Charlene Wittstock on the cover of Point de Vue this week.
Charlene has scary smile.:eek:
On Tatler's cover she looked even worse: her face something between a mask, a man pretending to be a woman and a ghost.:sick:
The cover of the newest Paris Match is quite good. But in one pic Albert is kissing her hair.:ermm: He kisses CW like a daddy would kiss a daughter.:ermm:
Oh, dear what the weird couple it is.:whistling:

Last edited:
I don't know enough about Charlene to form an opinion, least of all a negative one, but from what I've seen she seems nice?

Unfortunately due to her swimming she has terribly wide shoulders that aren't naturally feminine, but that's my only "criticism" ;)

Their wedding shall certainly be an occasion of interest for me. I've never seen a princely wedding before so I hope theres online coverage.

I mean sometimes I think people keep repeating the same things because they hope that someone will change their mind and say you know...you are right. Charlene/Albert is......

I think they just need something to complain about constantly, myself. The fact they reiterate the same opinion over and over again only suggests that their posts aren't intended to be constructive, rather, they just feel compelled to speak poorly of the person whenever an opportunity arises. You often see this kind of behaviour throughout a few threads, not least of all in those of the Crown Princess of Denmark or the Princess of Asturias.

Constructive criticisms? Certainly. Ill formed and intended character assassinations? Childish.

All that aside, I thought Charlene looked rather impressive (overall) on the cover of TATLER. The white ostrich feathers looked great and softened her block shaped shoulders. I quite like her in off whites and cream. Suits her.

That said, I feel her face was poorly airbrushed (too much). Made her look almost like a wax work figure.

Last edited:
If one repeats over and over again the same about CW, it is because one has nothing nice to say. I do not come here to complain but to express. I also wonder why some people write exactly the same messages, like "she looks nice, what a beautiful dress", empty posts. But I suppose these ones are not bothering or go unnoticed.

I also see some people blame PR for this disaster. Why not suppose they have done everything possible. What else can they do? Be next to her all the time, tell her what to say? If CW needs someone to speak for herself, and learn a script by heart, she´s in trouble. And this is what I mean when I refer to her lack of class and education. I am not being pejorative, it has nothing to do with her origins. It has to do with manners. If someone thanks you for the interview and all you can say is "yeah ok", you lack manners, or you just do not care. There is not much a team of PR can do for you.

As stated, I really don't know all too much about Charlene, and if she's had anything cosmetically tended too then I wouldn't be privy to that. I don't follow her closely enough to notice. Now you've mentioned it, however, I'll undertake a comparison.

Still, the cover of TATLER, besides the wax work airbrushing, looked quite good I thought. The earrings were lovely as well, though I wasn't taken at all by the accompanying necklace. It wasn't a necessary accessory. The earrings and engagement ring alone were enough.

I just bought the Dec edition of The Tatler. Despite my dislike of the cover,I have to say several of the photos inside are very nice. I'm sorry I can't scan them - but perhaps someone else will. A couple of the poses set against the famous staircase in the palace courtyard are most definitely reminiscent of Grace, but others reflect a welcome more "comfortable" elegance that I think suits her well - the one taken on the Palace ramparts I particularly like although the dratted airbrush has been applied again!)

Yeah, very Grace again looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom