General News & Information for Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...BRAVA NADINE!! :lol:

Great post. I didn't think of it that way...Albert is a very sophisticated middle-aged man. His priorities in a relationship are not the same now as they were 20-25 years ago.

His focus now is probably not so much on being swept away by romance...I think he wants an attractive, presentable Consort who he has a mutual understanding and affection for, one he can share his life with, make a family with, and who will not embarrass him(see Tamara Rotolo and Nicole Coste :sad:)

It also helps that his sisters and nieces and nephews seem to like her, and that she is acceptable to the Monagasques.:whistling:

Moonmaiden, you have summed up the status quo well....

PA does indeed get someone who will be able to act as a consort. For a long while I was convinced that it would never be the case.

You mentioned understanding and affection, and that's what counts in the long run.
Let's hope that she can also bear children.....

Mind you, I still see in my mind's eye the terrible expression on Stephanie's face at the balcony scene....

Renata4711 I was reading an interview a few years back where PA stated unequivocably that he would NOT marry any woman whom his sisters disliked.

He probably heard horror stories(or even remembers firsthand)the tension between the late Princess Antoinette and his mother, and also his grandmother Princess Charlotte's dislike of Princess Grace and how all that tension made life unpleasant for everyone, especially poor Grace. :sad:

He just doesn't want the same hassle for himself or his own wife.

And I have always thought that a big reason why PA never became engaged till now was not only Prince Rainier's discriminating tastes...but Caroline and Stephanie's too.

There is no doubt in my mind that CW would be working as a swim coach back in Durban now if Caroline and Stephanie had not accepted and welcomed her. :lol:

PS...you know what is strange? I get the feeling PA is NOT fixated that much on CW bearing children. Don't get me wrong, I think he'd be delighted...I just don't think he feels any pressure on himself or his wife to produce an heir....I think he is more than at peace with the idea of Andrea or Pierre on the Throne if it ever comes to that.

Just a feeling...I could be wrong.

Last edited:
You may be right ..... after all, he already has two sprogs !

And if he really was so keen on procreating, he would have looked for a partner much earlier, I think ......

Well, girls, that old saying about whom a man actually marries versus whom he plays around with holds true 9 out of 10 times imho. It's one thing to play around with a loose woman, it's a whole other thing to marry her and bring her home to meet his mother. :eek:

Lol, or in this case, his sisters. :D

Marriage is a whole other kettle of fish. A man is looking for a wife, the mother of his future children versus a mistress/lover. And on that score he's looking for someone respectable, honorable, well-dressed, presentable, courteous, motherly, affectionate, kind, caring, well-organized, able to run a large household, proper pedigree, religion, a partner, or in other words a match! Thus come the words "a well-matched pair", meaning like oneself as much as possible, a counterpart (source of reference: well-matched - definition of well-matched by Macmillan Dictionary ; match - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo! Education).

And in this case Albert has succeeded in finding his other half, so to speak, as much as is humanly possible. Lol, they even look alike, though of course Charlene is the more gorgeous of the pair. :D

I congratulate Albert on finding such a rare gem such as Charlene, a glittering emerald! :cheers:

ps: as regards children, *legitimate* children, that has always been Albert's intention: Latest news and profile of Prince Albert of Monaco - hellomagazine.com

Well said, could not agree with you more! Albert has been so fortunate to find this lovely girl.

Let's hope it doesn't all end in tears....

Once the wedding is over, there will be many pressures on them, including the paparazzi.

Does Charlene and the Late Eva Peron of Argentina Have Similar Countenance? ?

:)Cherlene and the late First Lady of Argentina, Evita Peron have a similar countenance. Eva Peron had a poor/humble childhood and after marrying Politition Mr. Peron she rose to be a flamboyant and one of the most powerful women in that Hemisphere, in fact, she was very young (she died when she was 33 or 34 years old, by that time she had made a name of herself.
:ohmy:Do not underestimate anyone's capabilities whether being born poor or rich.
"There is a place in the sun for everyone>"
Why are some people equating Charlene to Princess Grace?. Charlene will create her own brand of style in due course.
The late Inderia Ghandi Prime Minister of India was an only child, puni and sickly in her youth she ascended as a force to be reconed with (in adult hood). Catherine-the-Great, Czarina of Russia, was not born in Russia she had come from a little German town to be a consort. She has gone down into history not only for the collection of paintings. how did she ascend to the throne of Russia?. She was not born in Russia! (she also was a puni child when she left Germany).
;)The world is a stage some of us are the spectators let us watch how Charlene will advance.

Yes, you're right, Hilda ....for all we know, CW will metamorphose from fashion model to stateswoman .... or maybe not ....

I am sorry to that the more interviews I see and read by Charlene the less I like her. At first I thought it was nerves but she is coming across as very haughty and not very diplomatic. There is an interview in this weeks Hello and it is not often the would describe someone in Charlenes position as "feisty".

There is also a point in the interview when they ask about Kate and William she say " There's a big difference between William,Kate, myself and Prince Albert. Prince Albert is a head of state, William is a Prince and he's got a lovely wife as a princess now,(but)they can easily escape to the country side when they want"
Does she have any idea how small Monaco is? Does she realize that the only real reason people have interest in it is because of a 1950's movie star?
Albert comes across as some one who is respectful and shy. She comes across as some one who is looking down on us all. She needs to watch her step. Kate is came across so much better in her one and only interview.

Grace chic I can see what you mean. He does come across as polite, but cordial.

"She" is a different kettle of fish altogether. I'm certain that she will wear the trousers in that marriage.

When I was watching the Saint-Jean mass, I compared her dress with his. He wore a formal suit (as befits a head of state), but she wore something I would describe as a sleeveless t-shirt. This religious occasion warrants a lot more than a vest.

Why are they giving so many interviews!?

I feel she's being handled to show a certain imagine which does not mimic her own personality.
But I will give her credit because there must be a lot of pressure on her.

I am sorry to that the more interviews I see and read by Charlene the less I like her. At first I thought it was nerves but she is coming across as very haughty and not very diplomatic. There is an interview in this weeks Hello and it is not often the would describe someone in Charlenes position as "feisty".

There is also a point in the interview when they ask about Kate and William she say " There's a big difference between William,Kate, myself and Prince Albert. Prince Albert is a head of state, William is a Prince and he's got a lovely wife as a princess now,(but)they can easily escape to the country side when they want"
Does she have any idea how small Monaco is? Does she realize that the only real reason people have interest in it is because of a 1950's movie star?
Albert comes across as some one who is respectful and shy. She comes across as some one who is looking down on us all. She needs to watch her step. Kate is came across so much better in her one and only interview.

She needs to "watch her step"? What does that mean?

Did Charlene say anything that wasn't true?

Nothing wrong with being feisty!

Last edited:
She needs to "watch her step"? What does that mean?

Did Charlene say anything that wasn't true?

Nothing wrong with being feisty!

Feisty is good. And, to some on this site, nothing she says or does is correct. Either she too feisty, to quiet, haughty.....The dress was lovely, simple and she looked very nice. And some think only they know what to wear for each situation. It is hot and she wore a simple, summer style dress. Men don't have that option.

Feisty is good. And, to some on this site, nothing she says or does is correct. Either she too feisty, to quiet, haughty.....The dress was lovely, simple and she looked very nice. And some think only they know what to wear for each situation. It is hot and she wore a simple, summer style dress. Men don't have that option.

All I read between the lines is that her more vicious critics do not want her to wed Albert. They do not want her to be a princess. They do not wish her happiness.

I find that quite disturbing.

There are very few people on this earth who i do not wish happieness to. Of course I wish Charlene and Albert happieness but I am also aloud to say that I find it difficult to warm to her she is going into a life where she will be judged on everything from her style (which I like) to her personality.
From the interviews I've seen I find her frosty and defensive. These are just my thought but that is what this forum is for. Having said that although those are not the qualities I would look for a Princess perhaps they the perfect qualitis for Alberts wife. The Prince seem very gentle, he is said to be the most like his mother, perhaps having someone strong like Charlene will help balance the relationship. I remember an interview with Princess Caroline where she spoke about how kind Albert was and she worried about people taking advantage of that. Charlene is not someone who will be walked over so perhaps it works for them.

Oh, for some people she is always lovely, perfect, fantastic, and some people have to get their eyes checked because she is GORGEOUS...:whistling::bang:

ewww Charlene is hanging out with Victoria silvsteadt i dunno if they are friends or not or if she just posed with her..but seriously Charlene ...victoria silvsteadt ??

Twitter

Imo, Charlene needs to be carful who she gets photographed with...Victoria Sivsteadt, i'm sorry but imo she is a high priced (blank).

She is gorgeous. We all should look so good. I have no idea who this Victoria person is. I am sure, since, it took him a long time to decide, no one knows, it is the perfect match for him. For many years, I just thought he was gay, which was all right, too. Then the illegitimate children. No one is perfect. We are people, flesh and blood, only God is perfect. We are also taught to not judge. I hope they have a wonderful life, together. They seem happy, yes, tired, but it is a stressful time.

ewww Charlene is hanging out with Victoria silvsteadt i dunno if they are friends or not or if she just posed with her..but seriously Charlene ...victoria silvsteadt ??

Twitter

Victoria is one of Albert's friends and is a regular in attendance at events in Monaco.

There are very few people on this earth who i do not wish happieness to. Of course I wish Charlene and Albert happieness but I am also aloud to say that I find it difficult to warm to her she is going into a life where she will be judged on everything from her style (which I like) to her personality.
From the interviews I've seen I find her frosty and defensive. These are just my thought but that is what this forum is for. Having said that although those are not the qualities I would look for a Princess perhaps they the perfect qualitis for Alberts wife. The Prince seem very gentle, he is said to be the most like his mother, perhaps having someone strong like Charlene will help balance the relationship. I remember an interview with Princess Caroline where she spoke about how kind Albert was and she worried about people taking advantage of that. Charlene is not someone who will be walked over so perhaps it works for them.

Thank you for your thoughts, and especially the part I highlighted in bold. :)

It is as I have always thought, Albert is a kind and gentle man, just like my late father, which is the reason I've always liked Albert. His kindness, generosity, affability, etc. attract me like a moth to a flame, as I'm sure it did Charlene as well. :cool: He & Prince Andrew have always been my favorites.

And if Charlene is as strong and feisty as has been mentioned, this can only be a (+) to balance out the two, as the old adage states "opposites attract". :) He needs somebody strong like Princess Caroline, and not only him, but the monarchy does as well. Weak women need not apply.

Here's to these two defying the odds and marrying for life! :cheers:

I saw an interesting aticle in Paris Match this week. Michael Wittstock gave an interview to the reporters of this magazine. Can anybody translate it because I don't understand French. He describes Charlene's personality, childhood and swimming carrer. The article includes a few pics of CW as a child.
You can watch this column on the Charlene Wittstock Official Facebook .

****Liza Minelli is after Albert ****

"Monaco, c'est comme revenir à la maison"

She's coming "home" ..... but not for the wedding. But, as part of her "Tournée d'été", she's calling in at Monaco and its Salle des étoiles on August the second and third.

"Le prince Albert ? Un homme super ! ... I have known him from when he was little, and he has visited me several times in New York. Just like his mother, the Princess Grace, whom I have liked all her life.

Liza Minnelli : « Monaco, c'est comme revenir à la maison » | monacomatin.com

It's not looking good. You know PC would file a lawsuit immediately if it were false.

I hope it isn't true also. Do we really believe everything we read in the press ? Why is there always someone out to destroy someone elses happiness ???

I don't think it is true, but Albert likes/liked the ladies.There was a German woman who accused Albert of fathering her child (his 3rd) and the claim was squashed by DNA results. I can't find a source for this, so it may or may not be true. It would make sense, though, as DNA results were required by the Prince for the other two children, which he subsequently recognized as being his.

Albert has had a very long bachelorhood, with many, many girlfriends. He may have more children. If he does, I'm sure he has told Charlene, as I don't see him trying to hide anything from her. That would be foolish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom