General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family: January 2018 - July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking foward to seeing the family at the picnic tomorrow as we so rarely see Charlene anymore. She's even stopped updating her Instagram account since March which is a shame as we used to see regular pictures of the children on it.
According to my information Prince Albert is coming to Budapest tomorrow. Maybe he will join in the evening - either on an Award Ceremony (the final event is 18:30 CET) or maybe just he will come in the evening and will start his pentathlon things on Saturday (he's to meet with UIPM President dr. Klaus Schormann and Hungarian Olympic Committee President Krisztián Kulcsár before the swimming of men's final, about 13:30).

:previous: I wonder if she was the one taking the picture? Hope she is well enough to attend..

You don't hear from her for weeks on end nor can she be bothered to represent Monaco with her husband at the Japanese enthronement but the minute S. Africa are involved in something prominant she suddenly pops up. I'm sure if her team had got to the final she'd have been there to watch too. She does what she wants and has no embarrassment about it.

You don't hear from her for weeks on end nor can she be bothered to represent Monaco with her husband at the Japanese enthronement but the minute S. Africa are involved in something prominant she suddenly pops up. I'm sure if her team had got to the final she'd have been there to watch too. She does what she wants and has no embarrassment about it.

As a side note; her team have got to the final.

:previous:
:previous: I'm not really sure if she runs this IG account herself, but the description seems a bit different from the content
"The palace of Monaco shares the life and work of HSH P.Charlene"
content: photos of the twins at various spots around the world
:flowers:

To be honest, if you only looked at the pics, you'd never guess there was a relationship with Monaco, these kids could be from any family in the western world.

As a side note; her team have got to the final.

Well expect to see her there waving her S. Africa flag but don't ever expect her to attend international events proudly wearing the red and white sash of the country she is actually the Princess Consort of.

There has been a long gap in the Instagram posts of Princess Charlene the last one was early September and the Princess herself has not been visible since the Monaco picnic.

In my opinion there is nothing that suggests that P Charlene actually took this picture. I don’t think she was present at all.

Nice to see Albert and the twins in Japan but it wouldn't surprise me if Charlene was still in Monaco, given her absence from the Japanese enthronement. Perhaps Albert used the perks of having an enthronement in a beautiful country like Japan to make a longer break out of it. It's the autumn break for a lot of European schools so perhaps that's why the children have come along.

I doubt the Princess is in Japan. The editorial photo shows Prince Albert without her.
I believe the photos was sent to her and she uploaded it. It does put the rumours about the relationship to rest as the prince is in it.

I think the palace used to manage Princess Charlenes account but now she does it herself and not very often. Some photos used to have “photo by HSH Princess Charlene” in the past when they were taken by her.

Radio Monaco announced that SAS the princess Charlene sent a photo of the princely children supporting the SA team just before the beginning of the match, it said that all THE PRINCELY FAMILY was together to support the SA Team

All the photos published on the instagram of Charlene were taken by the princess

There are no more ' photo by HSH princess Charlene, there is Nothing apart when the photos are taken by the photograph of the palace, it is written by Mathon the rincely photograph of the palace

If Charlene would not be present in Japan, the palace would have published on its facebook page and why to publish on the instagram of the personnal instagram of the princess Charlene and not would have published for the princess and putting hearts at the end of the sentence

I Don't see the Reason why the palace would have published on the instagram of the princess Charlene , they have not the interest to lie

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
:previous: I'm not really sure if she runs this IG account herself, but the description seems a bit different from the content
"The palace of Monaco shares the life and work of HSH P.Charlene"
content: photos of the twins at various spots around the world
:flowers:

To be honest, if you only looked at the pics, you'd never guess there was a relationship with Monaco, these kids could be from any family in the western world.
It's easy, if you have ever interpreted any text - poem or novel. The children are her life!!!
She may not be "The Mother of the Principality" but her most important role in Monaco is being a mother of the heir. And it seems she does it well and that's what she enjoys. Why make her unhappy with the duties? That's not what a loving husband would do.

Okay, that'll pretty much put a sock in all the excuses I could come up for her recent absences...

no physical ailments, no chronical shyness, no "can't bear to be without the children for even one second"

so I'm back at "apparenty this is how P.Albert and her want ir"

Last edited:
Okay, that'll pretty much put a sock in all the excuses I could come up for her recent absences...

no physical ailments, no chronical shyness, no "can't bear to be without tge children for dven one second"

so I'm back at "apparenty this is how P.Albert and her want ir"

Another one I've heard lately is "Monaco does things differently since they're a principality" :rolleyes:
Even if Albert and Charlene were Mr. and Mrs. Smith from next door, I'd still find this situation concerning. They have been like this from the start and it all just seems like a strange situation to me.

Its all very odd for sure but equally no option would have looked good - if she had gone to the rugby but missed the enthronement people would have said she was only bothered about private celebrations not public duties, but now it looks just as bad that her husband went, watched the rugby final for her home country team with their kids while she stayed to party at a bar.

Charlene looks absolutely happy and authentic at the bar what speaks volumes.
Very odd, husband & kids away. I never thought that she'd go to the enthronement but I definitely thought that she'd go to Japan to see her home team win the World Championship what is a truly special event, especially if there is the chance to see this together with your family. My only explanation is that she is prevented from traveling for some reason. Otherwise, I guess we'll never understand what is going on in that marriage.

I too get the impression that P Charlene was not in Japan at all over the last couple of weeks. If she were, she would have attended the enthronement events and the World Cup games.

Maybe she is not allowed to fly due to some medical reason.

All we can do, at best, is speculate...and wait for all to be revealed...

On a side note: a huge huge win for South Africa...it’s about far more than just rugby.

I think, it is fantastic, how much freedom let her Prince Albert. I think, he loves her very much. Princess Charlene is very shy, doesn't like much attention. And Prince Albert accept this. Wonderful couple!

Her behavior is unacceptable in so many levels!

Working behind the bar? She is so ignorant and her brother standing beside her is just boorish. Is this really the best Albert thought he could get for a wife? She dosn't even pretend to be interested in Monaco, it's always about South Africa.

Her title should be Princess of South Africa. She looks happier when cheering for SA and whenever she travels to SA. ����

I love that when she’s absent from any Monaco related events,people would say that she is ill (she always gets ill) or one of the kids is. How much longer is that excuse gonna last? ��

Anyway,the future is Jacques and Gabriella, they are already being trained for the role and am sure they speak impeccable French,lol!

Last edited:
I think, it is fantastic, how much freedom let her Prince Albert. I think, he loves her very much. Princess Charlene is very shy, doesn't like much attention. And Prince Albert accept this. Wonderful couple!

I respectfully disagree about the "shyness", she seems outgoing enough when she is at parties, hugs sportspeople on her own initiative (not because the other person forces her in a hug) like for instance when visiting F1 races...to me, that is not something a "shy" person would do in public.

I do think that she lacks the skills to "feign interest" in things she's not really interested in, which is a useful skill to have if you're a public person.
Apparently P.Albert and her have solved this by not bothering anymore and let P.Charlene cherrypick what she likes, and the rest of the work is done by P.Albert and his sisters (and to some extent nephews).

Maybe she is not allowed to fly at the moment, we don't know, but if she really wanted to make an effort, she could particpate in events in Monaco, France or other european countries nearby which are reachable by car or train, but that rarely happens either..

Too bad for us, but if it works for them, then so be it..

Lee-Z, I think you pretty much nailed it with how you see things. Charlene just isn’t go to be the kind of Consort to the Prince many of us had hoped for and we have to accept that. I get a little fed up of hearing what a good mother she is. I take that as a given, which is probably why Albert is okay with whatever arrangements they have.
I hope we see her back on on duty soon, guess that will be for the National Day celebrations .

There is freedom in a royal marriage and then there is barely turning up to any engagements; and sadly Charlene has done the latter. I agree that she doesn't seem to have an introverted personality - but I can imagine she probably feels uncomfortable at royal engagements and events because they're not what she likes/is familiar with.
Oh well. As others have said; we'll just have to accept that this is the dynamic between Albert and Charlene and have to look forward to her next appearance.

It's interesting because I think we see the Princess hanging out with Monaco residents watching a game and not acting as if she's too good to help out and pour people a few pints. To me, she looked humble and respectful of where she was. I understand that it's disappointing that she did not attend the enthronement is Japan, but are people actually blaming her for staying in Monaco for the game instead of going to the stadium?

It's interesting because I think we see the Princess hanging out with Monaco residents watching a game and not acting as if she's too good to help out and pour people a few pints. To me, she looked humble and respectful of where she was. I understand that it's disappointing that she did not attend the enthronement is Japan, but are people actually blaming her for staying in Monaco for the game instead of going to the stadium?

I think the fact Charlene missed the enthronement in Japan also has a lot to do with why a lot of us are dissatisfied with her recent activity (or lack of), as well as her past patterns of not appearing alongside her husband at events like the Rose Ball, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom