General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family: January 2018 - July 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it is the place to publish the christmas card of P Albert and P Charlene with the children and with their dog

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrU34W_BRtL/

There is also a lovely photo of Prince hereditary Jacques and Princess Gabriella

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrU1KHZl9mK/

You must click on the link to see the photos

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrU1KHZl9mK/

Gorgeous pictures! The Monaco Christmas card is my favourite every year because it's always the most festive from the tree to the clothes the family wear, just beautiful.

I love the Christmas card picture but the one of the twins on their own is stunning. Princess Gabriella looks like an angel in her white dress.

Agree, lovely pics but especially the one with Jacques and Gabriella is adorable! :wub:

Lovely festive family picture, complete we the dog.

Lovely pictures! The twins are adorable!!

Lovely photos - the Christmas tree is beautiful and the twins very cute. The picture of them on their own has a vintage air to it - gorgeous.

Lovely photos indeed of the family. Jacques and Gabriella are adorable and I love Gabriella's serious little face in the first photo. Sweet that they included their dog too, I didn't realise they had one.

Oh My, the twins are absolutely exquisite! ❤️

The camera simply loves them, they cannot take a bad picture, from the day they were born....

ps: happy belated 4th birthday, angels. ?

:previous:

What a lovely idea and nice to know where they are spending their holidays (or at least parts of it)! ?

Sweet. And Christmas celebrated like we all do.

Prince Albert will be awarded with Honorary Doctorate in Philosophy at the University of Lapland, Finland. The promotion will be on 15-18 May.
Lapin yliopistoon 18 uutta kunniatohtoria

The University of Lapland received a substantial donation as part of its fundraising campaign from the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation in 2016.
University of Lapland receives a substantial donation from Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation - News - Lapin yliopisto - University of Lapland

So, he basically/indirectly bought his honorary doctorate?

Probably, but at least the school "got" something out of it. A lot of times, honorary doctorates are just given to people "because they did stuff" even if that stuff has nothing to do with the university.

Probably, but at least the school "got" something out of it. A lot of times, honorary doctorates are just given to people "because they did stuff" even if that stuff has nothing to do with the university.

If a university decides that the stuff they did is worthy of their recognition that's at least something. However, with some honorary doctorates, especially those to royals or celebrities, the purpose seems more to flatter that person or promote themselves. It would be helpful if the 'significant contribution to a specific academic field' would be the leading guideline.

And honorary doctorates that can be bought by fame and money is probably the worst of all :sad:

I am sure P Albert’s honorary doctorates are not “bought by money or fame” as his involvement and tireless efforts in environmental issues are well known.

If a university decides that the stuff they did is worthy of their recognition that's at least something. However, with some honorary doctorates, especially those to royals or celebrities, the purpose seems more to flatter that person or promote themselves. It would be helpful if the 'significant contribution to a specific academic field' would be the leading guideline.

And honorary doctorates that can be bought by fame and money is probably the worst of all :sad:

It seems 2 universities had the same thought recently. He also received one from a Canadian university in March. The University didn't receive any funds from Albert as far as I can see. They recognized him for his environmental work.

https://www.monacolife.net/prince-albert-receives-honorary-doctorate-in-canada/

He received the award when he was in Quebec visiting an exhibition about his mother.

Prince Albert on 60 Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom