General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 5: July 2020 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like she is receiving in-patient treatment for a mental health issue.

Quite possibly, but I am not sure it is a good idea to speculate too much. IMO, it is a delicate personal matter, and Albert has probably said as much as he wanted to.

Quite possibly, but I am not sure it is a good idea to speculate too much. IMO, it is a delicate personal matter, and Albert has probably said as much as he wanted to.

i agree, I feel sorry for them all. He just wanted to show that he and the children miss their mom. That's all. Hopefully the press stops speculating about her whereabouts. That should be a strictly private matter.

That is the price rich and famous and royal people have to pay. Being an unknown billionaire with no public image is much more confortable.

No criticism at all of the children, but I thought showing the the signs at an official event was really odd, especially when Albert is telling the media that Charlene needs privacy. I think it would be sweet and normal for the kids to draw things for their mother and give them to her privately, but having them hold them up at the official event made wonder what adult thought of it or allowed it. Weird choice.

I recognize more or less parallels from Prince Claus, the consort to Queen Beatrix. Bit by bit, after much speculation, the Dutch learned their Prince was admitted into a German, later a Swiss, clinic. Hope the best for Charlène!

Things are just getting more uneasy by the day with this couple.

I for one felt very uncomfortable reading the interview. It was complete unnecessary for Prince Albert to disclose so much information. It almost felt like a HIPPA violation.

The children holding up signs saying that they miss Charlene was very unbecoming, distracting, and unprofessional.

Last edited:
Unless Princess Charlene has a very serious mental health condition, she should be with her children at this time. I think that is paramount.
I really hope her health improves soon.

I feel it?s been clear that Charlene has been suffering from a mental/emotional malaise as well as physical illness for some time. I hope she takes time while recovering to sort out what she really wants from life, and where she wants to be..

She might go to Switzerland where there are a number of discreet clinics, or to France. Wishing Charlene and her family the best.

Unless Princess Charlene has a very serious mental health condition, she should be with her children at this time. I think that is paramount.

Well clearly it is serious or she wouldn't be apart from her children. Her attachment to them has always been evident IMO.

What a sad, stressful, situation for the whole family.

I’m sure they’re all navigating as best they can.

I don’t think the twins are with her right now. Albert says:

"she was clearly exhausted, physically and emotionally. She was overwhelmed and couldn't face official duties, life in general or even family life."

Hopefully Charlene will get the treatment she needs and be back with the family as soon as possible, but Albert is open about the issue being serious.

It was nice to see the twins with their aunts and cousins today - a supportive extended family can make all the difference for children going through stressful situations like this.

Things are just getting more uneasy by the day with this couple.

I for one felt very uncomfortable reading the interview. It was complete unnecessary for Prince Albert to disclose so much information. It almost felt like a HIPPA violation.

The children holding up signs saying that they miss Charlene was very unbecoming, distracting, and unprofessional.

Prince Albert can't win in this situation though - he either says too much (I tend to agree with you here) or he is accused of hiding the truth and not being transparent. The speculation about the entire situation has turned bizarre now. Where is a good Nadia Lacoste-style spokesperson when needed - and one is very much needed now.

(..)

I hope and pray that she is in a clinic somewhere(Switzerland?) where she not only can receive peace but has no access to the tabloids with their garbage about "captive sad princess" who "cried all throughout her wedding" ( total lie!) and no access to the Internet.?

As for Jacques and Gabriella holding their "Mummy" signs on the Balcony at National Day, count me among the people who found it strange. Surely they have access to their mother by phone or Zoom as often as possible and they can tell her that she is missed. The signs appeared to be an uncharacteristic manipulative and theatrical move on the part of the Palace.

Not sure why Albert permitted it but the twins are very fortunate to have him for a father imo. He seems very loving, hands on and engaged with his children. My heart goes out to them.

ETA: Albert perhaps oversharing about his wife's medical problems is unfortunate but understandable. He is always and I do mean ALWAYS painted as the bad guy in any online discussions(not this Forum) about poor sad Charlene being stuck with her philandering beast of a husband. He is exasperated and fed up as he intimated and wants to put the idea that Charlene has one foot out the door in divorce court to rest.

I don't blame him a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps Jacques and Gabriella wanted to "speak" to their mom but can't right now — or for some pre-determined interval? So the signs are the only way they can. (Which is probably why Albert had no problem with it.)

I don't see anything sinister, inappropriate, or "should have waited until later" about it.

I'm not sure Albert overshared. He just confirmed Charlene is ill, was home and not herself, and is now getting treatment to which she'd agreed. We don't know where or for what. He cut off a few possibilities for the tabloids and Internet. We do know she just endured months of physical issues at the other end of the world without her children. Everything goes hand in hand. It's probably not so easy to pick the strands of this treatment out.

Last edited:
If Jaques and Gabriella wanted to speak to their mom they could have Zoomed her like they did in the past or Albert could have arranged for their "letters" to be sent to her. I don't imagine Charlene is watching the National Day festivities as she is in intense treatment so she would not be able to see the signs anyway.

So again I ask what was the point if not for some sinister plot or motive.

If Jaques and Gabriella wanted to speak to their mom they could have Zoomed her like they did in the past or Albert could have arranged for their "letters" to be sent to her. I don't imagine Charlene is watching the National Day festivities as she is in intense treatment so she would not be able to see the signs anyway.

Perhaps it made the 6 -year-old children feel as though they were doing something to help their mother feel better. Who would be churlish enough to see anything wrong with that? I expect Charlene can see frequent pictures of her kids.

Perhaps you could consider that with Charlene's treatment at the moment she may currently not be allowed to or even able to speak to someone, rather than some sinister plot?

If she could have watched the festivities or even if she gets to see photos later, she will know her children love her under those public circumstances, rather than waiting for generic cards in the mail.

I think it was a sweet gesture by her children who haven’t seen much of their mom in months. I really don’t read anything else into it.

I’m not sure what is “sinister” about it.

Out of respect to Princess Charlene and her family we should stop speculating about the therapy/treatment Princess Charlene is receiving at the moment. Privacy and discretion is exactly was Prince Albert has asked for. Thank you!

[...]

It was nice to see the twins with their aunts and cousins today - a supportive extended family can make all the difference for children going through stressful situations like this.

And with their uncles.

Yesterday the two brothers of the Princess were in Monte-Carlo as well and are fully iinformed, involved and consulted, according the Prince.

It is just a public demonstration of their deep affection for their mom. No more, no less.

Perhaps you could consider that with Charlene's treatment at the moment she may currently not be allowed to or even able to speak to someone, rather than some sinister plot?

If she could have watched the festivities or even if she gets to see photos later, she will know her children love her under those public circumstances, rather than waiting for generic cards in the mail.
If Charlene is in such serious state that cannot even speak to her children, I doubt it was suggested for her to watch the National Day and it's festivities.
Albert already explained that Charlene would not be attending the National Day festivities and the reasoning behind it. That should have been the end of it. The day should have been used to celebrate Monaco and its people.

The kids are just 7, they probably have no idea what is going on or why mummy had to go away. I'm sure they miss her but those public signs are war tactics. The press had a field day zooming in on them and their signs. Why do that to them?

Last edited:
Or... She is undergoing some sort of treatment (that we know), but *is* in touch with her family and when the kids asked "are you coming for that National thingy" she said "No, i can't, but i'll be watching you on tv, so in a way i'll be with you a little bit" and then the kids decided to do the signs because they know mum would be watching...?

My speculation is not better or worse than yours, just speculation, but to me it feels uncomfortable to speculate there are sinister things going on, especially when we know things are not going well for her anyway

let's just hope she gets all the help she needs to get back her grip again ❤️

(..)
As hard and difficult it is for the one undergoing it, equally it is an ordeal for the spouse and the children, seeing a loved one enduring so much. The Prince and the twins equally had - and still have - a difficult path to go.

Add to this the full pandemic and its effect on the principality. It is exemplaric how Prince Albert kept his head up and continued with his loaden agenda. The Princess will be in the best hands possible.

I think it was a sweet gesture by her children who haven’t seen much of their mom in months. I really don’t read anything else into it.

I’m not sure what is “sinister” about it.
Holding up these signs privately via skype or in a whatsapp message would have been sweet and very much appropriate. Doing this on an official capacity during the national day at the Palace window (just imagine Princes William and Harry having done that after their parents seperation on the balcony of BP after Trooping the colour for instance...:eek:) gives me mixed, very uneasy feelings!

In my opinion every one of us should stop speculating and pointlessly interpreting every single gesture made by the Princely Family. Prince Albert asked for privacy and compassion during this very difficult time for all the family. If we really have this family at heart we should adhere to his wishes. It already must be very frustrating and upsetting for Prince Albert seeing all those ugly rumours in newspapers and tabloids. All that this family now necessitates are our prayers.

The kids are 7 years old, they know that Mommy is sick and that she can't be with them right now. They just wanted to include her because they both have been told and sense that this was an important moment. I find it thoughtful, sweet and I'm glad that Albert allowed it. It's not important if Charlene saw it when it happened, the kids will remember it and feel like they were able to support their mom and help her a little. And Charlene can thank them when she is well enough, maybe it will make the kids feel a little less helpless, more included in the situation.

Well done, Albert!

Last edited:
Jacques' sad little face while Princess Caroline bends down to speak with him has me very worried.

Children at that age know more than adults assume. The ramifications for their long term emotional well being could be devastating.

Caroline, with her lifelong commitment to child welfare and development is no doubt very aware of this.

Charlene's much repeated pronouncement to Point de Vue last year that she found motherhood "exhausting" ....this despite material wealth and assistance that most women only dream of....raised all kinds of red flags for me.:ermm:

I hope that in the light of recent developments Albert and his advisors will rethink their decision that Charlene will act as Regent in the (catastrophic)event of Albert dying before Jacques reaches his majority.:sad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom