General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 5: July 2020 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Bern also wrote that she lives in that apartment above the chocolate shop. In fact he was the first person who I ever saw to report that. What a bizarre arrangement she and Albert have if that's true. Honestly, this marriage seems to have been nothing but a trial for her, she won't speak French or Monagasque, won't travel with her husband to royal events or official visits abroad, won't wear a tiara even in official portraits and, now we hear, won't live in the Palace. Was there any real point in her becoming Princess of Monaco at all?

Cynically, yes, providing a heir (and a spare) for Albert.

Well, this article already contains an error in the subheadings, claiming that the Princess had been away from her family for 10 months. Big pinch of salt needed here to believe the rest of it is accurate.

Also hard to believe that her sister-in-law would divulge this kind of information, more so in the tone in which it is written.

Cynically, yes, providing a heir (and a spare) for Albert.

Surely you to God, even for all the money in the World, such a cold arrangement would be deeply unappealing to most people and I don't believe Albert actually was that desperate for an heir. IMO he would have been just as happy to groom Caroline's eldest son and his life would have been far less complicated and dramatic than it is now had he done so. If Albert had remained single no one would be commenting on an out of action and miserable looking wife every other day. The new POM should have enhanced her husband's standing but unfortunately the exact opposite has happened and I don't think the situation is going to change at all as time goes by.

Last edited:
she won't speak French or Monagasque, won't travel with her husband to royal events or official visits abroad, won't wear a tiara even in official portraits
Why doesn’t she do these things? Living in a place where French is the main language and it’s the language your family used surely it would be helpful to learn? As for visits abroad and tiaras, they are the ‘nice’ bits of being Royal, I’m not sure why she doesn’t do these things. She seems very lost, before the wedding there were photos where she looked like she was in love with him but now she looks very ill and it is a worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn’t she do these things? Living in a place where French is the main language and it’s the language your family used surely it would be helpful to learn? As for visits abroad and tiaras, they are the ‘nice’ bits of being Royal, I’m not sure why she doesn’t do these things. She seems very lost, before the wedding there were photos where she looked like she was in love with him but now she looks very ill and it is a worry.

I agree. She seems to be in a trap. She has not in ten years managed to fit into her position as the consort of Albert with some duties. The problem seems to be that a divorce in such a position is very painful, especially because there are small children involved.
If they were a "normal" couple they would get a separation, but Albert seems to do everything he can to solve that marriage. Poor guy, poor woman. I hope they can find a solution.

The info from Chantell that charlene will live in her apartment again and not attend her duties in the next time, is probably true.

It could be that Albert just clings to that relationship, hoping it is getting better, because there is so much at stake for his reputation.

It could be that Albert just clings to that relationship, hoping it is getting better, because there is so much at stake for his reputation.

Is there really though? Because the whole world knows he’s a playboy with multiple children out of wedlock and I don’t see the society of Monaco as that conservative is that they would be disappointed with a divorce?

Chantell committed a very grave mistake, should never have given the interview to Daily Mail. In their articles about Monaco, they are always trying to find fault with whatever the princely family does - especially Albert and Charlene. For this newspaper only SOME members of the British Royal family are faultless and everything they do is the best.

If he did get divorced, and wanted to get married again, it would only be a civil wedding. It might not look great for the next potential Princess, even if Albert is in charge of the fiefdom.

And given how he lost his mother so suddenly, maybe he has more complicated reasons for wanting to hold onto Charlene...?

Chantell committed a very grave mistake, should never have given the interview to Daily Mail. In their articles about Monaco, they are always trying to find fault with whatever the princely family does - especially Albert and Charlene. For this newspaper only SOME members of the British Royal family are faultless and everything they do is the best.

I agree. Rather stay away from granting interviews to these publications. She should not have speculated at all, best to keep mum on others’ business.

If he did get divorced, and wanted to get married again, it would only be a civil wedding. It might not look great for the next potential Princess, even if Albert is in charge of the fiefdom.

And given how he lost his mother so suddenly, maybe he has more complicated reasons for wanting to hold onto Charlene...?

I think that at 63, he won't marry again. He could be a plaboy again, an aging one, but still.

Call me naive, but I think that maybe he simply loves his wife and wants her to be with him, especially since there are small children involved.

Charlene has been sick and away from home for quite some time, from the recent pictures, she's very fragile, she'll need time and rest to fully recover. Also, the whole family will need time to readjust to each other. I don't know if she lives in an appartment near the palace or not, but if that's their arrangement to make things work, more power to them.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that Albert is a perfect husband, but he waited a long time to get married, so I've always assumed that he does care for Charlene, and wants her to be his consort.

Charlene has always struck me as an introvert who is very uncomfortable with the public side of being a consort. I also have never assumed that she refused to learn french- instead, I've often wondered if she has been unable to do so well, and is too embarrassed to try speaking a second language in public.

I think in a perfect world, they are not the best match, given their personalities and Albert's role. But I have never doubted that they love their children.

More than anything, I think the Palace needs to up their PR game. Whatever is going on, Palace communications (or lack thereof) made it worse than necessary.

If Chantell spoke to the Daily Mail I'm sure it was with good intentions - unfortunately her wording seems to have just created more gossip. I kind of understand why she did - Albert and the Palace's strategy of ignoring everything hasn't been a raging success, has it?

Also, I think they do have a loving marriage but the "Princessing" just isn't especially her thing.

I'm not saying that Albert is a perfect husband, but he waited a long time to get married, so I've always assumed that he does care for Charlene, and wants her to be his consort.

It's not just that he waited a long time to get married, though — he and Charlene were together for years. Yes, it's Monaco and "duties may vary", but how could she not have some idea of what would be expected, especially when blinding love wasn't a factor? If Albert promised her that all she'd need to do was be a mother and not a consort, that's on him (we know he works enough for two or more).

Stephanie Bern also wrote that she lives in that apartment above the chocolate shop. In fact he was the first person who I ever saw to report that. What a bizarre arrangement she and Albert have if that's true. Honestly, this marriage seems to have been nothing but a trial for her, she won't speak French or Monagasque, won't travel with her husband to royal events or official visits abroad, won't wear a tiara even in official portraits and, now we hear, won't live in the Palace. Was there any real point in her becoming Princess of Monaco at all?

Yes to have legitimate children.

It's not just that he waited a long time to get married, though — he and Charlene were together for years. Yes, it's Monaco and "duties may vary", but how could she not have some idea of what would be expected, especially when blinding love wasn't a factor? If Albert promised her that all she'd need to do was be a mother and not a consort, that's on him (we know he works enough for two or more).

But the thing is- it seems that people always blame Charlene for not being a proper consort. Not Albert who may have promised Charlene a very limited role.

I have always hypothesized that promises were made by Albert regarding a very small role, but Charlene has been left to take the blame. If true, it's another area that Palace communications could do so much more to correct.

But the thing is- it seems that people always blame Charlene for not being a proper consort. Not Albert who may have promised Charlene a very limited role.

I have always hypothesized that promises were made by Albert regarding a very small role, but Charlene has been left to take the blame. If true, it's another area that Palace communications could do so much more to correct.

Yes, I have argued that Charlene was at fault for her limited involvement in Monaco. It just occurred to me that Albert might have promised it to her as part of "the deal", because she knew Albert for a long time, she was with Albert for a long time, and it really doesn't make much sense that she either went in clueless or defiant.

Who knows? They both have issues and now she isn't well. She's home and they do seem to be trying for the sake of the twins.

I’m not convinced that either Albert or Charlene would be misguided in thinking that the role of HSH of Monaco could be anything other than firmly in full gaze of the public eye. There is a busy year round social calendar in the Principality, and although Albert has ensured his sisters and their families participate in events, the wife of the Sovereign Prince must surely feature prominently. Since the couple married, there have been periods of time when Charlene has appeared to embrace this and as such, when she ‘disappeared’ for any significant amounts of time, the media quickly ceased on this as fuel for speculation about the state of the marriage. Had Charlene maintained a low profile from the start and not gone ahead with so many photo shoots and the like, perhaps there would have been a greater acceptance of her apparent unease with her role and more willingness to understand her desire to take it in a different direction than her predecessor.

I'm trying to understand why HSH the Princess of Monaco don't have a press officer herself, as well as all the news came from her Foundation, in particular from her sister in law. It seems to me in the Principality there are two Teams: Grimaldi vs. Wittstock.

(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping Charlene would be in Dubai at the expo.
Instead Prince Albert is being accompanied by Princess Stephanie and her kids. This was an event Charlene could have easily done.

Mark my words if the couple and their press team don't get ahead of things- the tabloids are going to continue having a field day with them and rumors of their marriage.

I was hoping Charlene would be in Dubai at the expo.
Instead Prince Albert is being accompanied by Princess Stephanie and her kids. This was an event Charlene could have easily done.

Mark my words if the couple and their press team don't get ahead of things- the tabloids are going to continue having a field day with them and rumors of their marriage.

I agree with you. Furthermore I think She will not attend the 19th of November Masse nor the Concert. The Prince will be togethere with his sisters and nieces and nephews.

The Cabinet of the Prince said with other words, with more diplomacy, what her sister in law told in the interview to the Daily Mail.

Last edited:
news and information about Albert, Charlene and family

The Cabinet of the Prince said with other words, with more diplomacy, what her sister in law told in the interview to the Daily Mail.

Her sister in law said that the dailyMail twisted her interview, she said that she is living with her husband and children and she was extremely happy to be with her family

the joined press releas of Albert and Charlene said that they agreed that Charlene need some weeks to recover after a difficult time in SA and need rest during some weeks
I think it is normal that Charlene needs rest after this infection ENT and several procedures, some people who had this infection needed almost a year to recover from this infection. Charlene came back to Monaco to be with her husband and children but she was not recovered

Her sister in law said that the dailyMail twisted her interview, she said that she is living with her husband and children and she was extremely happy to be with her family

the joined press releas of Albert and Charlene said that they agreed that Charlene need some weeks to recover after a difficult time in SA and need rest during some weeks
I think it is normal that Charlene needs rest after this infection ENT and several procedures, some people who had this infection needed almost a year to recover from this infection. Charlene came back to Monaco to be with her husband and children but she was not recovered

ITA, I feel very sorry for Charlene. She seems to be really ill. Good that the palace has made an announcement to end all speculations .
Hopefully she will get well again.

"The Princess' location will remain strictly confidential"
Why put such a statement out there?
So they have basically confirmed that the couple are living separately.

I agree with you on the fact they are living separately. The Princesse starting from the wedding was not the Princesse Consort like Princesse Grace. This was clear to everybody. For sure the Princesse is ill. May be now she is in Hospital, I hope not.

This announcement instead of putting an end to speculation, will further increase the rumors.
A bad decision to make a statement in these terms.

What is the princess's health?
How long will she be away from public life?
Do the couple live separate lives?
Where will Charlene live for as long as she's gone?

There are more questions than answers...

I agree, we all presumed she was back at the Palace but this suggests she isn't and if so why isn't she? They really do stumble from one PR disaster to another, it's beyond ridiculous how often this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom