General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 5: July 2020 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That baffles me as well.

Surely she could receive excellent medical care in France?

Six months is a long time to be separated from such young children.
She hasn't been separated from them for 6 months - she went to SA in May. They did also make a quick visit to see her.

I read that she has been in SA for sixth months now.

Hopefully, Albert and the twins can visit soon. This past year I've been separated from some of my family due to Covid travel restrictions and it's been heartbreaking. I can't imagine if it were my young children. Charlene has always appeared to be a loving mom, so she must be distraught.

I'm sure her kids miss, I think she is a good mother. I'm so glad P Albert is spending so much time with them.

I feel for Princess Charlene and having to deal with an infection of the ear. I had one for several years, it not only affected my hearing, balance, but also my eyesight which is now permanently damaged. She has doctors that care. Traveling would be very difficult for her and with Covid so many restrictions. I hope she is able to heal enough to go home to her children when she is well enough. That is my wish for all of them.

For the second time... I believe Princess Charlene's condition has been serious and has required her prolonged stay in South Africa. Post#349

Thanks eya. Lovely memory by Princess Charlene

German tv station ARD on tv-text quotes South African Magazine "You":
P.Charlene is spending a couple of hours daily sowing blankets for children living in poor circumstances in the Kwazulu-Natal region (in which it's currently winter).

Via her foundation P.Charlene plans a nationwide food-program for empoverished youths.

I can't find the mentioned magazine on internet, so am quoting the ARD text here, maybe one of you has more info.

Good to hear Charlene is well enough (and in good spirits) to continue her efforts for children in South-Africa, let's hope she's on the mend :flowers:

The end of October that is three more months (…)

Last edited by a moderator:
When the interviewer tells that Albert is in Tokio and asks if she would have wanted to be there and if she has been following the Olympic swimmers, she answers that in answering some of those questions she would be breaking protocol. I wonder why that would be?

Her time in SA seems to be well spend on her foundation and the joint projects with Albert’s foundation.

Hopefully she will heal enough to be able to go back home at the end of October and we might see her at the National Day events in November.

When the interviewer tells that Albert is in Tokio and asks if she would have wanted to be there and if she has been following the Olympic swimmers, she answers that in answering some of those questions she would be breaking protocol. I wonder why that would be?

I assume she is talking about the Covid protocol, where the attending royals attend alone and not (as in earlier games) with their spouses.
Similar to the Japanese Emporer attending the opening ceremony without his wife (and I think I read somewhere P.Akishino will attend the closing ceremony, again without wife).

This is in line with the guidlines regarding no public and as few people as possible at the Olympics (royals who used to attend in a non official function, just to cheer on their compatriots have stayed away this time) and sportspeople having to fly home after their events are over (in normal Olympics they would often stay and enjoy the atmosphere, the olympic village and the other events and cheer on their teammates).

She sounded happy in that radio broadcast and I can't comment on her condition because I'm not a doctor. She said the children would be coming out to see her and she gave a timescale for when she hoped she would be back. On top of that she was recently made VP of the Monaco Red Cross and she referred to her foundation working with Albert's foundation so I don't get vibes of a marriage breakdown from this.

Last edited:
I haven’t really paid attention to this subject but what was the reasoning as to why she could not be treated in Monaco?

I haven’t really paid attention to this subject but what was the reasoning as to why she could not be treated in Monaco?
Because the infection only came to light once she was in SA where she was on a working trip. She cannot fly and has already had 2 procedures and is awaiting a third.

I assume she is talking about the Covid protocol, where the attending royals attend alone and not (as in earlier games) with their spouses.
Similar to the Japanese Emporer attending the opening ceremony without his wife (and I think I read somewhere P.Akishino will attend the closing ceremony, again without wife).

This is in line with the guidlines regarding no public and as few people as possible at the Olympics (royals who used to attend in a non official function, just to cheer on their compatriots have stayed away this time) and sportspeople having to fly home after their events are over (in normal Olympics they would often stay and enjoy the atmosphere, the olympic village and the other events and cheer on their teammates).
I don't think so as she specifically states that in answering the question she would go against protocol. From her other answers in which she states that she wouldn't have taken the risk (had she still been an athlete), her stressing how it must be really hard for the parents and families of the athletes to see their children go there and that "I don't think I would have liked to go to Japan, no", my feeling is that her honest answer is that she is against the Olympic Games taking place during a pandemic... (which she cannot say because her husband is an IOC member)

I also thought her saying she was only meant to be there 10-12 days made her sound genuine. If she was trying to downplay it she could have said it was meant to be a month or so anyway. I think some people havn't thought also that if she and Albert split she wouldn't be living in S.Africa anyway, she would be near Monaco with her children so it makes no sense that her being in S.Africa so long would indicate a marital breakdown. She's a great mother and definitely would not choose to be away from her children for so long by choice.

Last edited:
The part I don't understand is that the children haven't gone to South Africa to join their mother while their father left for Japan?!

Nothing about this couple makes sense.

The part I don't understand is that the children haven't gone to South Africa to join their mother while their father left for Japan?!

That I don't understand either. So who did the children stay with? I know they have nannies, but it still doesnt make much sense to be alone with nannies all these days....

I really wonder. Why till October.
Of course if she can't fly, surely they can afford to hire a boat with a doctor and nurses...
There are very good doctor in Monaco and France too.

I really wonder. Why till October.
Of course if she can't fly, surely they can afford to hire a boat with a doctor and nurses...
There are very good doctor in Monaco and France too.
Have you ever heard of waves? Storms?

I think it can be presumed that everyone has heard of waves and storms.
If so, then why suggest that an ill woman, apparently to ill to fly, should charter a boat and sail around half of Africa to get to Monaco? Just as weird a suggestion as the one a few days back that she could drive home to Monaco.

It must be so hard for HSH The Prince of Monaco. Given that HSH The Princess of Monaco is so ill that she has to remain in South Africa for about seven months, I'm sure that if it weren't for his princely duties he would be by her side for at least some of her surgeries and convalescence.

Charlene herself says that she is doing FINE, so, she is not terribly ill. The only issue she has, according to the latest interview, is that she cannot fly above 3000 meters. Which is problematic if she wants to return to Monaco by plane.

Whether there is more to it, I don't know. She certainly didn't live the life of a traditional wife of the Sovereign Prince but did her own thing most of the time. Her brother seemed always more interested in the social life of Monaco than she did. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom