General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Off-topic posts have been removed, for questions about Monaco's line of succession please check out our extra thread instead! Most questions are already answered over there! Thanks!

Maybe they are in Brazil to await for the birth of Andrea's kid and a mini holiday on the sideline or vice versa.Tatiana must be due anytime this week.

They want to watch the carnival of Rio which begins on february 8th to february 16th

The link says Albert is in Rio for work, I´m not sure I believe it.
Tatiana in no longer in Brasil.

Last edited:
Ah, so Albert is in Rio whilst Charlene is in St.Barthelemy.

The link says Albert is in Rio for work, I´m not sure I believe it.
Tatiana in no longer in Brasil.

The 2016 Olympics will be in Rio. Prince Albert is a member of the Olympic Committee so he could be there for some type of Olympic business.

Who said, that she is in St. Barth? I read that both are in Rio...

There is just this one article I posted on this thread saying that Charlene is in Rio too. In all other articles it is said that Charlene isn't in Rio.

There is just this one article I posted on this thread saying that Charlene is in Rio too. In all other articles it is said that Charlene isn't in Rio.

Do you have any links of the other articles?

Did you notice that Princess Charlene is Aquarius? Princess Caroline is too along with some other many royals!

HERE

LINK

Last edited:
I don't know what Charlene being an aquarius has to do with current news.

Have there been any more photos of her in St. Barts? (assuming she's even still there). I find it a little confusing that the official announcement said she'd accompany Prince Albert to Brazil and now is nowhere to be found.

This thread is also about general information, and that's a piece of a general info!

I find it a little confusing that the official announcement said she'd accompany Prince Albert to Brazil and now is nowhere to be found.

I can't remember any official announcement that she would accompany Prince Albert. And TheRoyalCouturier is of course right, this is no current events thread but one for general news and information, so all is fine :flowers:

Does anyone know whether the couple will attend Willem-Alexander's inauguration at the end of the month??

^^^^
It would seem unlikely since Albert is a reigning monarch and head of state and that group are not invited to such events.

Oh, that's a shame. You may be right, NGalitzine, I think I read somwhere in the forums that it is protocol for a new King/Queen to visit other heads of state first before they visit him. Is that right ? I find all this protocol and do's and dont's rather fascinating...

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I don't like that painting.
I've always liked Grace's portrait, but this one is a miss for the painter IMO.
Charlene looks like the barbie doll version of Grace's portrait.

Last edited:
Cdm, it is your personal feeling not mine, this painting of Charlene the princess sovereighn of Monaco is very beautiful, she is stunning

I found this portrait of princess Charlene, this portrait is also of the website of the artist Conan, who painted the portrait of Princess Grace in 1956

Ready for Royalty • Top: Princess Charlene, Albert

The page of the artist, we see the portrait of all the family Grimaldi and the portrait of Princess Charlene and the explications of the artist

Artist and Portrait Painter Ralph Wolfe Cowan - Artist and Portrait Painter Ralph Wolfe Cowan

Its not the best portrait, but it would seem that Charlene never sat for the artist so it is more a work of imagination on his part. Pity that he could not have at least imagined her wearing one of the 2 tiaras she actually has. He did give her a rather barbie doll look. Hopefully Albert will commission a really good portrait artist, like Festng, to paint Charlene at some future date.

I have to agree that I don't like the portrait so much. For me it doesn't capture the true spirit and character of the Princess: the hairstyle is too "old" and there's just too much jewelry! We know that she sports a much more modern and sporty hairstyle and she never wears as much jewelry...

Charlene looks like the barbie doll version of Grace's portrait.

Yes, this is funny. They are 'posed' in the same way.

It is not for me either.

I do love this painting, each time, I watched the painting of princess grace, I thought to the barbie of my granddaughter, not natural at all , it is the same thing as I look at the paintings of the queen Elizabeth with all her jewellery.same thing as I look the paintings of the other princesses and I do not speak about the horrible painting of Kate of Cambridge.
She is wearing the tiara 'ocean', I saw it three times ( two times at the ocean museum just after the wedding and one time at Paris) and I have a photo of this tiara. we do not see it very well but it is her tiara .

Charlene is beautiful here, she has the look of a princess sovereighn and it is this thing this people do not like her here and they will never writte that they like ( painting or further official photos)they will always critic. As in november when she wore the grimaldi order at gala of the national fest.

I really don't like this painting. It seems to be trying to copy the earlier Grace pic without giving Charlene her own identity.

I really don't like this painting. It seems to be trying to copy the earlier Grace pic without giving Charlene her own identity.

I totally agree with you. And the glossiness at Charlene's face makes it look like there is a porcelain doll at the painting, not a living woman.

I don't know why the Grimaldis or the people from the Arts Committee like this painter, his works look so tacky and garish..I did'nt like the portrait he did of the entire family which is hanging in the throne room.
This one is no exception, that's not Princess Charlene.Her head looks so big and she has an odd smile.That's not her eyes either, which I think is her best asset.Don't get me started at the faux tiara as well.Looks like Miss America.All in all, horrible.

Last edited:
I found this portrait of princess Charlene, this portrait is also of the website of the artist Conan, who painted the portrait of Princess Grace in 1956

Ready for Royalty • Top: Princess Charlene, Albert

The page of the artist, we see the portrait of all the family Grimaldi and the portrait of Princess Charlene and the explications of the artist

Artist and Portrait Painter Ralph Wolfe Cowan - Artist and Portrait Painter Ralph Wolfe Cowan

I agree with those who do not like the painting. It's weird, not pretty at all. Charlene looks very unnatural, like a fake doll. Head is bigger than her head really is, her face has a different shape, her eyes are nothing like they painted them here.

Not sure what was the idea behind the portrait, but it looks indeed like a copy of the beautiful portrait of Grace replaced by the cheap try of this portrait of Charlene.

I do love this painting, each time, I watched the painting of princess grace, I thought to the barbie of my granddaughter, not natural at all , it is the same thing as I look at the paintings of the queen Elizabeth with all her jewellery.same thing as I look the paintings of the other princesses and I do not speak about the horrible painting of Kate of Cambridge.
She is wearing the tiara 'ocean', I saw it three times ( two times at the ocean museum just after the wedding and one time at Paris) and I have a photo of this tiara. we do not see it very well but it is her tiara .

Charlene is beautiful here, she has the look of a princess sovereighn and it is this thing this people do not like her here and they will never writte that they like ( painting or further official photos)they will always critic. As in november when she wore the grimaldi order at gala of the national fest.

There you go again... How about finally understanding people are talking about what they see and don't like, not about their personal feelings towards Charlene, unlike you do? I cannot see a single person here mention anything about them not liking Charlene personally, all they say is they do not like the painting.

Does that mean you do not like Grace, Kate, Elizabeth and other princesses, since you just criticized their portraits?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom