General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 2: March 2012 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you iceflower. I was not speculating, I was just curious. Appreciate the input. :)

You are welcome, LadyGabrielle! I know you weren't, I just tried to find an answer that summed it all up :flowers:

I've stayed out of the conversations on Charlene supporting the SA Olympic team until I learned Monaco has a woman Angelique Trinquier competing in the 100 m backstroke event. Monaco should now be and always be first. This is different than Princess Grace being involved with performers. This is a medal standing to support the athletes of Monaco not South Africa. SA has the High Performance Centre at the University of Pretoria where Charlene herself trained. I support Charlene and Albert in most things but IMO this is wrong and a conflict.

Last edited:
PC has worked with the Monaco swim team. The coach said that she has been a big help on starts and turns. The Monaco team can also learn alot from the South African team. This is a plus, not a minus.

PC has worked with the Monaco swim team. The coach said that she has been a big help on starts and turns. The Monaco team can also learn alot from the South African team. This is a plus, not a minus.

I would think having the whole SA team in Monaco would help the Monaco athletes as well.
As for helping the SA team I don't see a problem with it at all and there was a definite need due to lack of funding for the SA team at home. There was some talk that the team might not actually make it to London due to lack of sufficient funding and training facilities available to them at home.

Last edited:
I agree with you, FanofMonaco and NGalitzine and I would add that sports and education through sports always wants to impart values.

It's not only about winning and records, but also about support, solidarity and fairness - with helping another country's team Monaco sets a very positive example.

Olympic Games are to connect people all over the world, not to create some sick competition "which country is more important to you".

The Monaco gesture is the true spirit of sportsmanship.

I'm thinking about when Charlene was rude to a VIP at a Soccer match when SA was playing. I see that happening again her cheering for SA over Monaco. Charlene has come a long way since she arrived in Monaco back in 2006 but there is still that side I am worried will show up. It's something I see and a part of her personality I am viewing over this. I also think Monaco should be trying harder to find people for there Olympic team to support. Pauline is a qualified diver why isn't she part of the Team? Or Charlotte? Again this is what I am seeing they should be showing full support for them but it isn't happening.

I was voicing my opinion.

I also think Monaco should be trying harder to find people for there Olympic team to support. Pauline is a qualified diver why isn't she part of the Team? Or Charlotte? Again this is what I am seeing they should be showing full support for them but it isn't happening.

I was voicing my opinion.

Charlotte isn't even close to Olympic caliber as a rider and it's highly likely that she never will be, if you follow her riding career at all. Right now she rides at the 1* level, Olympics are 5* level. She can't do it.

I'm not sure about Pauline, I'm not familiar with her diving, but again, I assume the reason she's not part of the team is because she doesn't have the qualifications.

Monaco is small. There aren't a ton of Olympic caliber athletes from there for that reason. I still think it's quite nice and very sportsmanlike that she's inviting the SA team to use the Monaco training facilities.

You need to qualify to get to be in an Olympics team. not every athlete gets to go to the Olympics. If Charlotte and Pauline didn't qualify in the international qualifying competitions, they can't go. Only the best of the very best get to go to the Olympics. That's why even competing in the Games is so prestigious.
All in all, it wasn't Charlene's or Albert's decision not to send Pauline or Charlotte.

Apparently there are some wild card invitations, but I don't know how you get them. Both diving and showjumping are dangerous sports. It's a matter of safety as well as skill. Pauline did get to compete in the Junior Olympics last year or the year before. I think she came in 9th out of 12.

Monaco is a very small country, it is less large than Hyde Park, but it sends this year six athletes to JO , among one girl who is swimmer 100m back . IT is the first time that monaco had so many athlets who will go to jo since many years.
Charlotte has not the level to go to jo. Pailine was qualified for youth JO 2 years ago. But she understood very quicky that she had not the level to go to JO for adults. This year, we did not see her driving in a race . I believed she left the competition , now she is the president of the gala circus fot the youth.
For now, Albert and Charlene are the only members of the family who were qualified for JO.
Albert was qualified in Bobsleight 4 times and Charlene was qualified for the JO in Sydney in 2000, her relay team finished 5 at the final.
Testerday she attended to the persentation of the monegash athlets and was wearing their uniform.

Albert and Charlène supported Charlotte and Pauline, they had the money and the material, good horses and good teachers for Charlotte and Pauline had a big pool to drive but they had not the level, they did not suceed to be qualified . Zara suceeded to be qualified but she worked very hard ; I hope she will win the gold medal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Explanation to the Olympic qualifications:
Charlotte - she is riding as an amateur - maybe thirty or forty years ago she would take part in the Olympics, but not now. The main qualification were team qualifications (no chance for Monaco) and Olympic ranking (as a journalist I saw it - Charlotte wasn`t there).
Pauline - there were three chances to qualify: European Championships in Turin, World Championships in Shanghai and World Cup in London. I don`t know, wheter she participated in any of these (I am sure she didn`t in World Cup).
In fact, in the entire Monegasque Olympic Team 2012 there are:
Brice Etes - Athletics - 800m (wild card)
Yann Sicardi - Judo - 60kg (wild card)
Mathias Raymond - Rowing - single sculls (wild card)
Damien Desprat - Sailing - Laser (wild card)
Herve Banti - Triathlon (wild card)
Angelique Trinquier - Swimming - 100m backstroke (wild card)
So I think that the greatest Monegasque success belongs to Prince Albert, who, I suppose, had some influence on wild card giving (they are given mostly by the Tripartite comission - IOC, International Federation of the sport, like FIFA, IAAF or FINA, and the LOCOG).
Maybe in four years we will see Alexandra taking part in the Youth Olympic Games in Lillehammer (she will be too young for Sochi).
And one more thing - Albert and Charlene are the only ALIVE members of the family, who qualified for the Olympics (except of Pauline, who took part in the Youth Olympics in Singapore two years ago). Albert's grandfather, John Kelly Sr., was triple Olympic champion in rowing (single sculls at Antwerp 1920 and double sculls with his cousin, Paul Costello, at Antwerp 1920 and Paris 1924). His son, John Kelly Jr., also won a medal at the Olympics (bronze in single sculls at Melbourne 1956) and was later the head of the US Olympic Comitee (he died shortly after the nomination in 1985). They`re both the only father-son pair in the US Olympic Hall of Fame.

Last edited:
The nice thing about show jumping is that you can do it into your 60s.eg Michel Robert. I don't know if Charlotte has lost interest or just was sidetracked with something else. Time will tell. I hope she doesn't give up. It looks like she still has all or most of her horses. The GCT will be in Chantilly beginning on Thursday .

Last edited:
This morning, on Monaco matin, there is an article saying that Eringer, "the false spy" is convicted of defamation against the Ptince Albert II and other persons by the court of Paris. he must remove off this false defamations of his blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Does HSH Prince Albert of Monaco have so few foreign Royal honours? It almost appears as a snub.

Possibly because he has never made a state visit to any European monarchy nor has he hosted a state visit from another European monarch. It might also reflect that Monaco's diplomatic representation is not entirely at the embassy level with many nations. Albert has however received a number of orders from countries in Africa and Latin America, as well as a few European ones.
You could also say the same about the Prince of Liechtenstein. I believe he has received far fewer foreign orders than the Prince of Monaco.

This week Prince Albert wins against Robert Eringer

Robert Eringer, "l'espion" condamné pour diffamation envers le prince Albert II de Monaco | monacomatin.com

it is in french but prince Albert and other big personalities of monaco against Robert Eringer. A good new for prince Albert and the other persons of monaco

if Somebody can find the translation for the people who speak english

Translation of article in Monaco Matin using Google Translate:

Robert Eringer, "the spy" convicted of libelling the Prince Albert II of Monaco

Robert Eringer, residing in Santa Barbara (California), which claims to "spy" was sentenced Tuesday by the 17th chamber of the Paris court for defaming the Prince Albert II.

In total there is sentenced in September for a total fine of 17,800 euros and 45,000 euros fine for damages. Robert Eringer accused including Prince Albert II of "breaches of loyalty in a tender for a project to extend the range of Monaco and a living area on the sea, as well as having promoted an informed cause a corrupt judge or have received money in exchange for his support for scams. "

He was also sentenced for defaming six others in the entourage of the prince or his administration, and to remove about her personal blog.

From Eringer Report
I was never served in whatever case to which Monaco Matin refers so I had no reason to defend myself.
Do to the Terms of service for Eringer's blog if Albert wants to sue Eringer over the new blog and have information removed he will have to do it in CA.

The laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services. All claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA, and you and Google consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.
Google

Personally I think this whole thing is stupid. Eringer clearly didn't need the money he is suing Albert for blowing more on this suit to gain what? Nothing. How many people in their right mind would do such a stupid thing? IMO I think he thought Albert would pay and be done with it.

Why can't PA pay this man to shut-up. That all RE wants.

National Day celebration is coming up..19 November. Do we know yet when different activities will take place and whether / when they will be broadcast?

:previous:

The same procedure as every year I would say ;) We know about the dates, but not about the exact time yet. According to the latest Prince's Government press conference a new, improved version of the Monaco Channel is planned, that might be a chance to see the celebrations live via internet.

You can find the extra thread here!

Thanks, Iceflower, for the info! As always you are right on top of things...looking forward to some great pictures and maybe live feed over the weekend..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom