Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She basically says that horseriding helps her to stay humble, and that she really loves literature and philosophy, that her studies were always first.
I really like this interview!

She basically says that horseriding helps her to stay humble, and that she really loves literature and philosophy, that her studies were always first.
I really like this interview!

NOTHING like a horse to humble you....well, that and children!! I'm glad she believes that there is more to life than being a royal with priviledges - glad that she recognizes it's important to be humbled, on occasion, to stay grounded. Someone in her position, it's easy to feel the world is at your fingertips.....glad to hear that she doesn't see all of life that way.

Thanks rerehh. I like the interview. She looks beautiful.

Hello everyone...I'm kind of new here :)

I just want you to know there is a video on youtube about Chanel recent fashion show and you can get a glimpse of Princess Charlotte at the front row, just pay attention whenever the 1st model appears from the lovely curtain :) you can also see lady Tatiana

if I may..I'm posting the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGgN4qBS7p4

enjoy ;)

WHY??!!! Just when I thought she was free from Chanel's clutches, Karl reels her right back in. I don't know why I thought she'd ever be completely free of it. I'm sorry, I mean I love classic Chanel like any other girl, but it doesn't work on everybody and Charlotte is one of those people. This dress looks kind of like the Valli she wore a couple of weeks ago, but ugly. I don't like it at all and the tights and boots look horrenduous. That said, this recent collection is the best Karl has done in a long while. It's absolutely gorgeous.

^^ Thanks for the video! That is a really beautiful collection. Maybe Charlotte will wear one of those dresses to the Rose Ball ;)

Oh, most of the outfits on the fashion show were amazing! Thank you for the vid Nora, and welcome :)
..I love Bambi Northwood-Blyth! Her face is gorgeous!

Last edited:
Charlotte in Hola

She speaks on her studies, her passion for the horses and ever manifiesto

Thanks for the scans! Maybe some spanish speakers can help me out. I was trying to translate the article, and I know she talks about studying Literature and philosophy and she mentions Ecole Normale Superior and she speaks about getting a degree. Does this finally answer the question of whether or not she actually completed her studies? Thanks in advance :flowers:

Also, when she talks about Ever Manifesto I think she says that they have several ongoing projects, but she can't speak about them because they aren't finished. She said it is a project that has greatly enriched her.

Last edited:
Oh, most of the outfits on the fashion show were amazing! Thank you for the vid Nora, and welcome :)
..I love Bambi Northwood-Blyth! Her face is gorgeous!
Yeah, it's Karl's best collection since two years. The last being his HC Fall 2009. Epic bad being the Yeti boots.

Thanks for the scans! Maybe some spanish speakers can help me out. I was trying to translate the article, and I know she talks about studying Literature and philosophy and she mentions Ecole Normale Superior and she speaks about getting a degree. Does this finally answer the question of whether or not she actually completed her studies? Thanks in advance :flowers:

I will try to help you, but my English isn't very good :flowers:

She says "It was very important for me, above all, obtain my University degrees... Literature and philosophy, that I studied for many years for to get to Ecole Normale Superior" and " I love literature and philosophy, it was very important for me to get serious higher certificates (or diplomas, I don't know like translate it, I think in English is University/College Studies). That is the reason I retired temporarily horse's world"

Also, she says that she must progress and that she is going to demand many dedication next two years

Also, when she talks about Ever Manifesto I think she says that they have several ongoing projects, but she can't speak about them because they aren't finished. She said it is a project that has greatly enriched her.

Exactly :)

Feel free to correct me ;)

Scans ELLE France

*1* *2* *3*

*4* *5* *6*

I thinks that she talks about her studies, she mentions her brothers and her father.

Maybe some french speakers can help us out ;)

Source: pomeline's blog - °• Charlotte Casiraghi - Skyrock.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much rerehh! Your english is very good :) And thank you for the elle france scans. It is a very interesting interview. Charlotte says she is currently reading "Steppenwolf" by Hermann Hesse. That is supposedly a pretty heavy book, but I may have to check it out.

I also think she says that she didn't become an editor because she was in a period of questioning and had finished her philosophy studies and "overnight" she decided to take on horse riding %100. She says she used to feel very distressed by competitions when she was younger because she is a perfectionist by nature, and she would become stressed just like at school "during exams". Today she says she feels more mature and at ease, but being sponsored by Gucci, she does have certain responsibilities and she wants to compete with the elite.

She also says she considers horse riding her profession, but she has a long way to go. She says she likes to promote the sport because it is the only sport that puts women and men on equal footing at the olympic level and it is the only sport with an animal. She says it takes patience, experience, and perseverance. Charlotte says she tends to think too hard and horses teach her to "live and be anchored in the real." She also mentions that she has very good horses.

She also talks about how Gucci created the "Flora" pattern especially for her grandmother Grace Kelly who was looking for a very specific scarf, so it made sense for her to partner with Gucci. This along with the fact the Gucci has long been associated with horses and that Frida Giannini, the creative director, loves horses made her decide to meet with them when she started competing again. She helped design her competition clothes, and she says that everything is colored Gucci. Right down to her gloves and the blankets for the horses. She says, "Nothing has been left to chance!"

They ask her if she is a fan of fashion and she says she is not obsessed with trends, but fashion, the work of designers, haute couture have always fascinated her. She also loves contemporary art, cinema, and literature.

At the end the magazine asks her if she feels close to Italy because Gucci is an Italian brand. She says that her father was Italian and a large number of her family lives there. She says that even on the Monaco side, they are of Genoese origin. She says she reads, writes, and understands Italian perfectly, but she does not speak it much. She speaks English with Frida. The she says something like, "Monegasque I knew, I live between London and Paris, but my roots is Italy!"

I hope I got that right and that it helps. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Frida Giannini also told the magazine a little bit about Charlotte. I tried to translate it:
""Charlotte has an innate elegance."
By Frida Giannini, creative director of Gucci.
"A little intimidated, I thought meeting a princess would be highly formal. Instead, I found myself facing a very normal young woman, very determined, with a clear idea of what she wanted to do with the house Gucci . To fulfill her riding gear, we worked together on the choice of fabrics, colors and silhouettes. Charlotte even gave us a shirt that her mother wore when she rode a horse, and we reinterpreted. She has an innate elegance, her beauty was breathtaking, an aristocratic bearing. To me, Charlotte represents the epitome of Monaco, the symbol of a new generation of large families. In Italy, she is perceived as a celebrity and the memory of her grandmother, Grace Kelly, is still very present. "

Scans ELLE France

*1* *2* *3*

*4* *5* *6*

I thinks that she talks about her studies, she mentions her brothers and her father.

Maybe some french speakers can help us out ;)

Source: pomeline's blog - °• Charlotte Casiraghi - Skyrock.com

Hey!!!! Thank you!!!! Now THIS is a real interview! Here we have some interesting discussion, not just "you can find my boyfriend on the internet". :) The French Elle have done it better than the US Vogue for sure. :lol:

I can do some translating too. I'll have to work on it, however. But yeah, she talks about what started her passion for horses (her mama!) and how she and her brothers were in the pony club near Saint-Remy-de-Provence. She talks about her studies a bit. She stopped competitions because of doing the prep for "Normale Sup" (ENS) and she said that was very hard work, and then she did work in London @ the newspaper, and the publishing house where she indulged her love of literature. She says she quit (at least I think she says this) her studies of philosophy. She doesn't say anything specific like, "Yeah, I went here," or "I have this degree from here," so she's not giving us a road map! Why make it easy for one's obsessed fans? Way to keep us on our toes! :lol::ROFLMAO:

Good morning,,

Glad that you liked the video and the collection :)
by the way if anyone checked part 2 of the video at the end Mr Karl blows off a kiss to Princess Charlotte...it was cute funny ;)

Yes, i saw part 2!!
Thank you sugarbaby for the translation/ We start seeing a better side of Char with the interviews now, and that's much more interesting!
I like that she seems down to earth!

Elle France did a wwaaaayyyyy better job than Vogue did and that is a serious shame. I'm not a native French speaker, however its my minor so I can read and understand a lot of what she is saying; that said, any underlying implications like sarcasm would still go amiss on me. That said, she sounds very grounded and she does appear to have a grand passion for horses. I hear a very different voice than the one presented in the Vogue article, so I don't know if Vogue simply caught her on an off day or if its that the questions here were just better. I think it's the latter.:ROFLMAO: They asked really good, interesting questions and I love to hear her mention her family, Caroline, Grace, Pierre and Andrea. Don't know why, I'm just weird like that. But this was an excellent interview.

P. S. Can somebody post part 2 of the Chanel video?

Last edited:
That is really cute. I see the Kaiser has no hard feelings about Mademoiselle's Gucci deal. :D

Some more pictures from the Metiers d'Art

She expressed herself in an authentic way that is easy to respect. I highly approve of her statements re: the relationship between horse and rider and admire the metaphor she uses, of the "falling from the horse" and picking yourself up again.

anyway i think she's getting old...:(
i loved seeing her at the beach, with her friends or in other situations than fashion or horse riding (because i like horses, but i don't understand anything about it). However, i like she's not a P. Hilton, she loves art, literature, etc.
very nice interview, thanks for it :)

another thing i liked was when she was asked if she likes fashion and she said she likes it from an artistic perspective, like the couture, which is really the only cool thing about it, if you ask me, because the skinny models and endangered-animal-skins are way disturbing. :)

I don't know which Coutute shows you watch? :ROFLMAO: Alexander McQueen shows own Chanel shows imo. Lee didn't need the Grand Palais to make an impression. Sara doesn't either. :) The HC Chanel clothes wouldn't look as ''nice'' on the runway (they don't) without all the drama around it.

Last edited:
^I know I am off-topic but this is a very interesting point of view Merel.

I was quite impressed with the interview Charlotte gave to Elle magazine. What is striking is the resemblance between her way of expressing herself, and her mother’s. (Princess Caroline did her first interview at 16). Like Princess Caroline, Charlotte has a way with words, she expresses herself in a refined, thoughtful way which betrays the high level of her education: graduating from high school with the highest honors, then a grueling preparation for the Ecole Normale Supérieure with two years at the prestigious Lycée Fénelon. Her language is neither trendy nor stuffy, very natural and spontaneous. Her words about the relationship between rider and horse, although not groundbreaking, express an excellent understanding of the intensity and shaping of character. She is a natural model for the sport. She comes across as a perfectionist (she says so herself), an achiever, (she has the humility of acknowledging that working with the best horses does not guarantee victory and time will tell if her talent will match her horses’ gifts, but all the aspects of the sport "pull her upward", make her want to outdo herself), and an engaged, enthusiastic, committed participant in the creation of the Gucci line, in all of its details. Her fascination with the worlds of creativity is obvious. Her definition of elegance is a reprise of values dear to her mother and grand-mother: respect, politeness, discipline. I remember Caroline saying once that she addressed people with “vous” instead of the more familiar “tu”, common after 1968, not because she was old-fashioned or a snob, but out of “deference”. Charlotte pays homage to her mother by having an equestrian shirt Caroline wore when she rode in her youth reinterpreted by the Gucci director, Frida Giannini. Her insistence on the transmission of family values from one generation to another is endearing, not forgetting her Italian heritage, “my roots are in Italy”. There is a bit of cloudiness concerning her studies (she doesn’t mention her failure at the competitive exam for Normale Supérieure and how she finished her studies in philosophy (same study-course as her mother by the way), but the interview is focused on her riding career, she need not go back on her successes or failures in her studies. Charlotte is a natural speaker (or writer), a well-balanced and well-rounded young adult, and I hope she continues to give thoughtful interviews such as this one, or write articles, or a book… The pictures are gorgeous, very Charlotte. I am personally more partial to her mother’s looks because they betray more obvious character, but Charlotte is delightful, both in photographs and words, and her sweeter features seem to conceal a will of steel.

Great post Iloveroyals. Yes, humility that's what Beatrice lacks of. She should learn from Charlotte, but only intelligent people can be humble.

what do you mean when you say beatrice is not humble ?

Tosca you're really obsessed with her!
What's wrong with you? We're talking about Char here

i really love Bea, she's rich, ex-model, beautiful....but wants to do something more with her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom