Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 35: November 2010 - June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if the close-up with the "biggest fake eyes a living human being ever had" is stupid and the pic byTintero with the "hand bigger than waist, american footballer shoulders and cutted off flesh from hip" is downright laughable, what do you people think of that one:

http://i36.tinypic.com/jv5cag.jpg

Look at the nose, please! They've gifted her with Giorgio Armani's surgical nose.

Eeek! Why must they relentlessly "perfect" her? It's ridiculous, like they just can't help themselves. Crazy Anna Wintour, green-lighting those pictures. :lol: While leaving any trace of her personality totally obscure, to boot.

Yes. i agree with you. She had something special in those years. I liked her till 2006. In 2007 and now she has changed a lot.
Though, she is still very nice!

I don't think she has changed that much. Prior to 2007 every "formal" event she attended with her mother - she basically let her mother take the reins and she was happy following. Now that she attends on her own, I think she is very cautious on her behaviour. If she were to smile directly looking at a camera, she would inevitably be inviting the photogs to take more pics of her. Similarly, if she would be more open with the press, there would be endless requests for interviews and more Qs regarding her personal life.

And regarding some previous comments about her possibly being bored - I don't know about that. Every time you see personal pictures - hanging on the beach or skiing - she seems very happy. And how can she not? This girl has everything - family, friends, love, money & good genes! ;)

It would have been nice seeing her take a hands-on approach towards something, but she seems fine floating around. Whatever suits her.. :whistling:

Yes, i agree with you in that part. But i was referring about her face and what comes out of it, not only in the events she attend. She hadn't attended any event during her teen years in order to compare:D
I feel that she has changed. Her attitude and behavour have become more moderate, she is more non-demonstrative in front of the cameras/public (according to the pictures we see) but in her teens and her early 20s, she was breathtaking. Now she is just beautiful. I don't know if this attitude is just the reason (i don't think so) but there it is this undefined that's coming out of her.

Well imho it's called "growing up". She's become more mature, and will eventually settle down soon enough & have kids, just like her mom did before her, and her mom before her, & on & on & on...

It's just a part of life, she nor her brothers can stay teens & twenty-somethings forever, one does eventual age & grow old, it's all a part of life, and death despite how hard the media wants one to stay young forever, their abhorrence of getting old, and this abnormal fixation on youth.

One can only hope that Charlotte grows old as gracefully as her mother has done, and doesn't end up as a sad caricature of herself the way some do when they try to stay young forever.

I agree with Nadine. Teenagers are just more bubbly than adults. They have no responsibilites.

Well FanofMonaco I agree with you, but what kind of responsabilities could Charlotte Casiraghi have? I think none. And I am not expecting her to have any very soon, when you're in such position ( daughter of a famous princess, granddaughter of a Prince and of an A-list actress turned royal, ultra rich paternal family, fame and money since the minute you were born......)what should you do with life apart from enjoying it?

Exactly. They girl is only 24 and you are talking about ageing gracefully! She's got friends, love, a loving family, plenty of money, a passion for art and horses... And not responsabilities whatsoeaver in the horizon.
All she has to do is enjoying life!

Last edited:
She is still 24 guys..come on! What responsibilities..(?) i dont understand..she has money, her family and so on that Ver Friedel and trepstrep already mentioned and i don't wanna repeat.. Well, actually age doesn't play an important role because people in her age work in order to earn money and be independent because their family cannot support them economically or because they want to be independent and live their own life. I can see no renspobilities to Char or any other rich girl/boy. I am not mean or sth but that's the truth. What i said in my previous comment has nothing to do with her "busy" life that made her look like that. She lost sth from her face. Maybe i'm the only one that notices that. There are some people who keep having this special thing they had in their teens and hasn't faded (yet).

It looks like she has several jobs to me. She attends some of the events in Monaco. She goes around getting free publicity for Monaco. She always goes to events like film festiivals, fashion shows, and art events that are Monaco's market niche. She has 3 horses so she probably rides at least 3 hrs a day. She helps PC raise money for the family foundations. And she does Ever Manifesto once a year. I think she also gets paid to use certain phones, watches, sneakers, fashion houses, ski jackets, Uggs, etc. She might also have been an influence in getting Gucci to sponsor the Masters in Paris. The GCT may pay her or at least let her compete for free in return for the publicity she generates for them. I think she stays pretty busy.

It looks like she has several jobs to me. She attends some of the events in Monaco. She goes around getting free publicity for Monaco. She always goes to events like film festiivals, fashion shows, and art events that are Monaco's market niche. She has 3 horses so she probably rides at least 3 hrs a day. She helps PC raise money for the family foundations. And she does Ever Manifesto once a year. I think she also gets paid to use certain phones, watches, sneakers, fashion houses, ski jackets, Uggs, etc. She might also have been an influence in getting Gucci to sponsor the Masters in Paris. The GCT may pay her or at least let her compete for free in return for the publicity she generates for them. I think she stays pretty busy.

And this is what you call a job? Being paid to use top brand things? A job requires some kind of effort to make a living. It is sad, but none of the Casiraghis has excelled in any activity. I thought this was Caroline´s intention when she decided to raise them out of the spotlight. Eventually, they turned into more shallow, unproductive way of life. I don´t blame them. I don´t know what I would do in their situation. I wish one of them had taken responsibilities seriously, so that PA does not have to make this farse to have a heir.

Last edited:
Hi people!!!...Can anybody post those pic...If somebody is registred...Please!...
Thank u!!!!!! :)

Well, if that's a job then i don't know how to call the daily life of someone else who has to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning to go to her/his job, return to her/his house at afternoon or sometimes at night, earn little money, has to grow the children (or earn so little money that she/he can't even live properly. And that thing is repeated again and again every day. Come on! Yes, she is busy. But not that busy so that she cannot breathe or have time to go on holiday and so on.. I can't stand listening that Char or any other rich girl/boy works! She attends fashion shows and shows in general..that's very tiring and stressful..i understand.. She is getting paid to wear some brands..This is not a job actually. The previous example i wrote comes from the daily life of many people. These people sometimes have to work from a young age to earn their money because their parents cannot support them financially. And some people have to do two jobs in order to earn enough money fo their life. And those examples are all around us. And i know people who do two jobs and have time for nothing. Well, that is what i call Busy people. It is ridiculous to say that Charlotte works. Riding is a hobby for her, i don't think that she spends so much time on it, according to her results.
I don't blame her either. She is born having a secured future and a rich family. That's okay. There are many rich people who do the same as her.

I don't blame her at all either! I would neither work if I was in her position!
But she certainly doesn't need to keep on doing any of the activities she does in order to sustain herself, so I wouldn't call it working either.
Everything she does (fashion, art, horses) she does it for fun. If it were too stressfull for her she could just quit.

It is very diferent from some rich people who manage big enterprises with dozens of employees and may worry about the people who depend on them.
On a professional rider with a big estable.

She's just an amateur in everything she does (and she is right to be so, life is to be enjoyed), and has no responsabilities at all. She will be a teenager all her life is she wants to.

By your definition all athletes, actors, musicians, artists and models are not working. I think most people who are very successful are passionate about what they do whether they are an actor or a CEO of a large corporation. The truth is we don't know how many hours or what activities Charlotte does because she and the people who know her never talk about it. The only time we see her is when she is involved with some kind of public activity or on vacation. The same for Andrea and Pierre.

By your definition all athletes, actors, musicians, artists and models are not working.

How so?
Athletes, actors, musicians etc GET PAID/EARN MONEY from he activities they do.

Charlotte doesn't. That's the big difference.
Spending money on horses and going to a couple of parties so that Gucci keeps on helping you paying for the horseys is not a job whichever way you want to put it.
Charlotte doesn't work. She just fills her time with plesurable activities. And nothing wrong with that.

Well, her entire schedule makes her 'busy' in order keep her preoccupied with something, anything. Since she's convinced she's not like other socialites, heiresses that she hangs out with, she tries to be perceived as the one with a 'job', workout body, focus on her face. Everytime I see her she seems to have 'Life's been so bad to me!'. IMHO, her horseriding career is a flop. So if anyone is going to tell me she has solid work ethic...:whistling:

The thing is that she might feel a bit obliged to the whole legacy and her mother's faith in her, and since she's said that she's superbsmart and hardworking, she tries her best...

If I were her, I would not even bother with that. Whole world knows how ridiculously lucky and loaded she is, so why bother? You won the lottery Charlotte, have fun. Seems you're not born to do anything else, learn to live with a zest. That's my advice.

That's what life is. Right now, there's a harsh blizzard outside of my window. And I see frostbitten welders working like crazy since 7. That's a job. And afterwards, they don't have this look on their faces.

I agree La Bouche Dor. But let´s not be so harsh to Charlotte. I don´t know how long she trains every day. It depends if she is amateur or professional. I don´t pay much attention to her horse riding career. Professional sportman work hard every day, and when they are not supported by their governments or family, they have to get an extra job, which is not the case.

A job doesn´t have to imply extreme physical effort. You can write and have a job. Anyway, we are talking about royalty. Did her mother have a job, or her grandmother? Or did they only carry out some duties? I would say royals do not have a real job. There can be some exceptions, though. I´m convinced that attend openings and galas, receive presidents or participate in a charity organization is not a real job. They are rich and have the priviledge to choose to study or not, to work or not. The important thing, whatever she does, is that she does not feel she lives an empty shallow life, like their socialite friends seem to do.

Last edited:
Grandmother Grace Kelly had a job, she was an actress for what, ten years? Well at least she had a schedule and put an effort in something.
Mom, Aunt and Charlotte herself don't have even the slightest shadow of what we define a job.
So what? What would you expect from someone in her filthy rich position, as I wrote before?
I do not want to be an hypocrite, I do not blame Charlotte for not having a job. What job could she do, by the way?
An office one?
Secretary? Lawyer? Real Estate agent? Come on.........
She is lucky to live off her wealth ,and she does well.

Being an actress is not an easy job because you have no idea if you work tomorrow, if you take the 1st and best role, and if you have many fans. The same goes for the athletes and the singers and the painters and the photographers bla bla.. It's totally different, because they try to make money, become famous but even if they reach the top, noone promises them that they won't fall someday.

Well, her entire schedule makes her 'busy' in order keep her preoccupied with something, anything. Since she's convinced she's not like other socialites, heiresses that she hangs out with, she tries to be perceived as the one with a 'job', workout body, focus on her face. Everytime I see her she seems to have 'Life's been so bad to me!'. IMHO, her horseriding career is a flop. So if anyone is going to tell me she has solid work ethic...:whistling:

The thing is that she might feel a bit obliged to the whole legacy and her mother's faith in her, and since she's said that she's superbsmart and hardworking, she tries her best...

If I were her, I would not even bother with that. Whole world knows how ridiculously lucky and loaded she is, so why bother? You won the lottery Charlotte, have fun. Seems you're not born to do anything else, learn to live with a zest. That's my advice.

That's what life is. Right now, there's a harsh blizzard outside of my window. And I see frostbitten welders working like crazy since 7. That's a job. And afterwards, they don't have this look on their faces.
Gotta say i agree!

Grace Kelly was a TOP actress, it's even more difficult then because you have to hold that position by working hard and hard if you want to keep being number 1.
I read in one of her autobiography that she used to wake up at 5 am when she was shooting a movie, hours and hours of preparation, memorizing the scripts............
No, it is not an easy job.
That's why Grace was the only one in her family who actually had a job, before becoming a princess.

^Yes, unfortunately, actors aren't recognized as they should for their work. Being an actor is not easy at all. It requires a lot of mental and physical preparation for the role, but hardly anyone takes an actor's job seriously. It's a pity.
Grace was a nice actress, she wasn't wow "the greatest actress of the decade" but she had a very nice acting. What counts, is that she did work. And when she became a Princess, she still worked. Her and Rainier made a tremendous effort to put Monaco on the map.
Charlotte, on the other hand, hasn't achieved anything yet. She is quite young, 24 years old, but, she hasn't found her motivation in life, and i hardly doubt the horses are what will full her life.
We can't compare her to other "common" people her age, because she was born privileged, so she pretty much can do what ever she wants, is different.
What it bothers me is that attitude of "i'm so tired of my life, nobody understands me, i don't like all this at all" when it's sort of clear that she actually enjoys this. Why would she go to fashion events if she doesn't like it? Why would she go to public events?
Her face always show this kind of "leave me alone" but she has to deal with it, because she choose to appear in public.

^Yes, unfortunately, actors aren't recognized as they should for their work. Being an actor is not easy at all. It requires a lot of mental and physical preparation for the role, but hardly anyone takes an actor's job seriously. It's a pity.
Grace was a nice actress, she wasn't wow "the greatest actress of the decade" but she had a very nice acting. What counts, is that she did work. And when she became a Princess, she still worked. Her and Rainier made a tremendous effort to put Monaco on the map.
Charlotte, on the other hand, hasn't achieved anything yet. She is quite young, 24 years old, but, she hasn't found her motivation in life, and i hardly doubt the horses are what will full her life.
We can't compare her to other "common" people her age, because she was born privileged, so she pretty much can do what ever she wants, is different.
What it bothers me is that attitude of "i'm so tired of my life, nobody understands me, i don't like all this at all" when it's sort of clear that she actually enjoys this. Why would she go to fashion events if she doesn't like it? Why would she go to public events?
Her face always show this kind of "leave me alone" but she has to deal with it, because she choose to appear in public.
I do say that in"Grace Era" the work of actors was much more harder and natural than nowadays.So,it was nearly a theatre play,Grace passed a good theatre school.

Of course we cannot compare Charlotte Casiraghi's life to the " normal people" of her same age.
She is uber privileged, she belongs to a very limited category of people, the so called " happy few". That's why I am not surprised of her lack of a serious job/career...
She 's mocking around, she's enjoying life, parties, fashion shows, movie premieres..it's all OK, because she is Charlotte Casiraghi.
Maybe she'll become more active with charity works when she gets older, more involved with humanitary trips like her mother, who knows?
Really I am not saying that not working is good, but when you are worth gazillions, you don't need it.

I agree with many, in that, because Charlotte was born a photogenic beauty into a royal family, it gives her priviledges that even celebrities don't enjoy - aside from access to important world leaders, she's able to be the face of Chanel or Gucci, and her fans will help the profits of those companies because they will buy what she's wearing - she gets free clothing and accessories, access to social events, and the companies benefit from her endorsement. She doesn't need to be paid (like celebs), and it wouldn't be in the best interest of a fashion house to burn bridges with various royal houses, since they are always in need of haute cotour for events. In her personal life, she seems to be in a holding pattern between university and real life - while I think she's enjoying dating, I don't believe Alex is "the one," but who knows. I do believe that she'll continue to find causes to support (including those chosen for her by the Palace); I don't see her getting lost amidst drugs and alcohol and falling into rehab. She has her equestrian pursuits, she's close to her family; she'll be fine....

Really I am not saying that not working is good, but when you are worth gazillions, you don't need it.

Well I will say it, then. Not working is very very good! ;-)Specially if you have the money needed to use all you free time doing thing you are passionate about.

I don't understand why all the socialites pretend to be working girl. All this "I work very hard designing jewelry" nonsense. It's as if they were ashamed of not needing to work.

I totally agree with Nathalie Cox. What's becoming annoying about Charlotte attitude is simply her constant fed-up faces, and leave me alone attitude. It's just ridicolous.

Her mother Caroline tries to protect her private life as strongly as she can, but she always put on a happy face at parties, events, etc... I guess she has a class, her daughter totally lacks.
What I get from the little we know about her, is that being spoiled and privileged as she is, she has grown to believe that she deserves the best and has to start everything from the top. And that's leading her to failure after failure.

1. She dropped university because she had to get to ENS at the first try or nothing (and surprise, her name and money weren't worth nothing there).

2. She's failing at journalism because instead of taking some journalism course and starting from the botto, she went directly to one of the main european papers and from there to editing her own magazine which (from an stricly journalistic point of view) was rubbish. Again, her name and money didn't magically infuse her with the experience of a seasoned journalist.

3. She's failing at horse riding because instead of following a sensible career (à la Valentine) she's decided she deserves to ride among the best professionals in the world. And again, money buys you the horses but doesn't give you experience or talent.

It looks as if she thinks that just because she has the money and the contacts she deserves to start from the top in every activity she undertakes. And that's simply ridiculous everyone has to start from the botton and learn step by step. But she seems to always want the best or nothing.

Last edited:
LOL ;) Trepstep, you know what?
I ALSO think that not having to work is really good But it did not seem politically correct to say it ; )

I do not want to be an hypocrite, I do not blame Charlotte for not having a job. What job could she do, by the way?
An office one?
Secretary? Lawyer? Real Estate agent? Come on.........
She is lucky to live off her wealth ,and she does well.

Why not? Many rich people go to Oxford, Harvard. Some of them work hard and run their own businesses. Why not be a good lawyer, scientist, economist? I don´t mean the Casiraghis have to work, I stated clearly that they can choose, what I mean is they do not have passion for a profession. In that case they would work.
I cannot imagine how they spend so many hours a day. You get to a point you don´t know what to do.

Rosana, pienso que deberiamos preguntarlo a los Casiraghis, si se aburren haciendo nada ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom