Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 33: July 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO ,Charlotte looks better with fairer hair (her natural colour , by the way) . However , she is a real beauty whatever colour of hair she chooses...

It annoys me that they call Alex her fiance when I have YET to see a ring or anything that even SUGGESTS they are engaged. :bang: Anyway, I'm gonna go out a limb and say I like the haircut so far from the few pics we've seen. I mean, it looks good. It's fresh and new and different, so that's cool she's changing it up.

It annoys me that they call Alex her fiance when I have YET to see a ring or anything that even SUGGESTS they are engaged. :bang: Anyway, I'm gonna go out a limb and say I like the haircut so far from the few pics we've seen. I mean, it looks good. It's fresh and new and different, so that's cool she's changing it up.

People, correct me if I'm :ermm: wrong, but I believe that "fiance" in Europe is the equivalent of girlfriend/boyfriend, not that they're engaged. So, when you see the term in European print, I believe it means the people are dating :flowers:.

No, they definitely meant engaged ENGAGED because the article goes on to say that they were supposed to get married this summer but even though they didn't, things haven't soured between them. I need an emoticon for eyerolling right now.

I think Charlotte looks just as great with new 'do' as she did before (but to be fair she could shave her head and I'd still probably say the same). What exactly she sees in Alex I cannot quite figure out. He may have the greatest personality and be the nicest guy in the world but to me he just always looks like he's half asleep or stoned or something, just sorta dull in the eyes. Of course, I've never met the guy, I could be wrong...
:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

No, they definitely meant engaged ENGAGED because the article goes on to say that they were supposed to get married this summer but even though they didn't, things haven't soured between them. I need an emoticon for eyerolling right now.

No, it doesn't. Horseygall is right.
Whatever they say inside the article is another mather but the word fiancé in french doesn't mean engaged. Actually in most european countries that I know of, we don't make a distinction between boyfriend and fiancé. Probably because people don't get "engaged" anymore nowadays. That verbal distinction doesn't have much sense.
Take spanish, the word "prometido" does exist and it has the meaning og "engaged" but nobody has used since the 19th century!
In italian they have the word "fidanzato" but it doesn't mean engaged either. It's just more serious and less casual than "il mio ragazzo".
In 19th century France "fiancé" did mean "engaged" but that's because in that period nodoby had casual boyfriends! You were single, you got directly engaged and then you got married.

Nowadays "fiancé" can mean engaged when in context but most often it does not have that meaning "engaged" in current french language. Most people, specially young people use "mon copain", "petit ami" or even "mon chéri" (that I personally hate) or simply "mon ami" if they don't like the word "fiancé", because specially if you're young it can imply that your relation is more serious, but it's all the same.
In the french press you will see very often that the word fiancé is applied for most couples who are serioulsy dating. It does not mean they imply to get married.

New pics. Charlotte at Valentino haute couture:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2qjxfg7.jpg

and Charlotte and Alex at Single Man premiere, London.
Everyone is saying she has cut her hair. I´m not very sure because maybe the long part is in her back and we just don´t see it in the pic!! Her hair seems to have a lighter color though, it isn´t as black as it was in the gucci masters, HaS anybody noticed??
http://i46.tinypic.com/35kiu4w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it doesn't. Horseygall is right.
Whatever they say inside the article is another mather

:ermm:Um...actually it isn't. Because that's my entire point that you just missed. You could've kept the rest of your post, and I don't mean to say that with harshness or anything. I'm not disputing the use of fiance in Europe, I'm saying that THIS PARTICULAR ARTICLE is saying Alex & Char were meant to get married when there was no such indication. That's what annoyed me, when speculation is being touted as fact. So...yeah.

It annoys me that they call Alex her fiance when I have YET to see a ring or anything that even SUGGESTS they are engaged.

That's what you said.
Whether they speculate or not with their wedding inside the article what you said is that the use of the word "fiancé" bothered you. What I told you is that fiancé does not mean the samething in french than in english.
Allow me the right to know the correct use my mother tongue better than you do, please

Okay, time to move on.. Definitions can differ and there
actually is no official engagement, so the rest is speculation..

Let us concentrate on the current events again - thanks!

Well, my 2 cents on Alex...... he has steadily grown on me and I'm almost "won over". It seems like they have a lot of common ground. The attraction between them makes sense to me. Still, it's difficult to imagine them married!! I have a hard time picturing Alex on the Palace balcony on Monaco National Day, or Charlottes as Mrs Dellal, Charlotte dellal.... wait, there would be two of them!:lol:

Actually, trepstep, I said "THEY call Alex her fiance" expressing annoyance at the people in the article not the people in Europe:bang:. I thought the "they" (PURE PEOPLE) was obvious and implied since that was the article just posted. I also never even referred to any other article, plus I replied to Horseygal with what they said IN THE ARTICLE, so I'm still not sure how anybody could've missed that, but okay. I also don't see where I denied you use of your rights...:ermm:but, um, feel free to use them as you please.

And by the way, just in case that's misunderstood as well, "the eye rolling comment" was also directed at the PUREPEOPLE ARTICLE, not at you Horsygal. :flowers: At any rate, I never really disliked Alex. So if they get married, totally good for them.

Moving on, I can't believe there's only ONE pic of her at the Valentino party!

There's some news, but it's a few months old, and really might have been posted. I'm sorry if this is the case. Charlotte interviewed Lawrence Owen, an artist whose work was on show at 20 Hox during the Frieze Art Show. The interview is in the 20 Hoxton newsletter, October 2009. Well, and again if you already knew, whatever, but for those who didn't already know, you can read the newsletter here: http://20hoxtonsquare.com/20HOX_NP_WEB.pdf
Charlotte's interview of Owen is on page 6.

Thank you for that, CasiraghiTrio! That was excellent, she seems really well-spoken and informed. I wish we could've HEARD it though, I love her voice. :flowers:

Thanks people for shearing these new pics...It´s a pitty!...She is always in black!!! =(

:twohearts: hee Color looks great on Charlotte as always and her make-up impeccable!! Alex looks superb!! Suppose they were interrupted??
Is that a tie around the waist that hangs near ankles?? The outfit is quite nice is it chanel?! :heartflower:

I don't know if it's Chanel...it probably is knowing her. :ROFLMAO: However, it rings quite strongly of Burberry to me, particularly the shoes. If the shoes are not Burberry I will be extremely shocked.

The event was hosted by Russian model Natalia Vodianova, which raised
money for her charity The Naked Heart Foundation. The model teamed
up with Harper's Bazaar and De Beers for the event, which is similar to
a previous ball held in Moscow.

Charlotte Casiraghi and Alex Dellal attend the Love Ball London at the
Roundhouse on February 23, 2010 in London, England.

What a wonderful look! Here are more pics from the ball:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** zimbio gallery **

She looks perfect! That colour is great on her, I like her make up, everything! Simply gorgeous.

Wow, I know this is off topic (and I'll probably get told off for it) but the resemblance between Charlotte and her mother is striking, particularly in Pic 4. I love her dress though, and I agree kells, it seems very Burberry. I'm not sure Karl would design a dress that colour anyway :ermm:. He seems to favour his darker colours, or pastels. Anyway, I hope they had fun, and it seems they raised money for a worthy cause! Thanks for the photos iceflower! :flowers:

I know, Thecia! It's like I wanna start calling her Caroline Junior or Jeune Caroline (or is it Caroline jeune in French? :ROFLMAO:) or something! And I was so convinced it was Burberry, too, but no, it's Valentino couture! At least it's not Chanel...I'm not a huge fan of Karl's latest creations.:whistling:
Although I wouldn't mind if she wore some S/S 2010.

Charlotte looks beautiful - that coral color really suits her!

I think is the BEST Charlotte of the last period, and she looks now a woman! She reminds Caroline in the time of her absolute hapiness with Stefano. Radiant

:twohearts: hee Color looks great on Charlotte as always and her make-up impeccable!! Alex looks superb!! Suppose they were interrupted??
Is that a tie around the waist that hangs near ankles?? The outfit is quite nice is it chanel?! :heartflower:

The outfit is Valentino Haute Couture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom