Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 32: Dec.2008 - July 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I am seeing and hearing Princess Charlotte speaking, and must say, she has a very agreeable voice and a very nice behaviour and aplomb.

She isn't Princess Charlotte, just Charlotte.

She seems fine in that interview very poised and relaxed: very her mothers daughter and dare I say very french (very like Birken's daughters in interviews anyway)

I can't translate it word for word. Don't have the time or the talent but she basically talks about her love of riding. That she started riding when she was very young. She loves being at the 'jumping' in Monaco.They talk a little about the guy who won the event. That she also likes swimming and running and that she will compete in Portugal soon and also in Brazil (at the end of the month, I presume that's July).

Perhaps someone with more time and talent for translation can translate the whole thing.

She is mademoiselle CASIRAGHI , but her behaviour is like a true princess!

She comes across as very poised and elegant, and I have noticed she has been entering public life more and more lately with her uncle (she is a great representative for the country with her high profile)...I hope more interviews follow. I would love to hear more from her.

Everything seems to be strategic though, this was the first time she has ever taken questions...on anything. That's interesting...

Well, Monaco is dependent on the idea of glamour and Charlotte really fits that ideal. I think it's cute that Albert was with her. He wasn't really needed for the interview so I suppose he decided to do it to make sure all the questions were appropriate and make Charlotte feel more comfortable.

Her voice is very deep, deeper than Caroline's. It's beautiful, though. I also realized that Charlotte is so very Parisian while Albert seems more American (which makes sense because of Grace and his education background). She's a very chic girl.

Mmm...Can´t see the videooo!!!!!!!!!! Please!!...Somebody can put it on YOU TUBE!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot, people! =)

She comes across as very poised and elegant, and I have noticed she has been entering public life more and more lately with her uncle (she is a great representative for the country with her high profile)...I hope more interviews follow. I would love to hear more from her.

Everything seems to be strategic though, this was the first time she has ever taken questions...on anything. That's interesting...

My thoughts exactly!

Mmm...Can´t see the videooo!!!!!!!!!! Please!!...Somebody can put it on YOU TUBE!!!!!!!!!! Thanks a lot, people! =)
^ Yes please!!! I'm still unable to view it! Someone please put it on youtube!

What browser do you use ? I had problems also I use Mozilla Firefox and I had to download a WMV extension to view it

i try to dowloanding but i couldn't found it... could you tell me which one is?? i try to see it with safari and firefox both i can't :ermm::ermm:

Glistening Seas

:hellokitty:hm-m-n heard firefox has compatibility issues with windows. perhaps maybe a moderator could place it onto something compatible to firefox?? really we don't know how that works.

:thistle:Anyhoo PA does have a mahvelou speaking voice probably why he gets asked to speak all the time.

:thistle: Does charlotte have a voice like her aunt stephanie? she has an accent someone mentioned but that's not out of the ordinary!:castle2::coach:

^^mmm, i think she hasn't. Stephanie's voice is so much softer than Caroline's and Charlotte's. I like Stephanie's voice.
(and of course Caro's and Char's too):flowers:

We all like her voice it seems, really nice, very similar to Caroline´s but deeper.

I agree with some opinions here, she´s more and more present in Monaco´s cultural and social life. And she´s doing well. This is something Monaco needs. I think Albert was there to make her feel confident, to support her in some way. It was her first interview, and even though she looked a little nervous, she will get used to the press, cameras, everybody looking at her. But she has everything to be a good representative, and she has charm, so much.

Many thanks, Alcartur - what a nice contribution, and as your first post - hope you'll feel welcome here....

It was very enjoyable to hear Charlotte's voice. Previously I thought of her as perhaps being a bit stand-offish, but I've changed my mind - she's absolutely charming!

Thank you so much for putting it on youtube!! Charlotte is so cute and even though she seemed nervous she still came across as very poised and eloquent.

I wonder if she is keeping that figure but running, swimming and doing this. I didnt know she was that of an active horseback rider. Interesting, but when you have the funds do to all that, why not.

Caroline really 'protected' her well..
She is 23 now, the daughter of Princess Caroline and granddaughter of the famous Grace Kelly and this is the first interview and the first proper time we hear her speak.

I have made the upload of the video to youtube, here is the link: YouTube - Charlotte Casiraghi Stade2 Interview

Much more easy to make download and keep save this historic first interview!! =]

thank you so muuch.. finally we can heard her deep voice, it was funny for my because many of my belgium friends have thta deep voice i was like :eek: it sounds like my friend. i love her voice just perfect with her image not childdesh

Thanks, Alcartur, for the youtube, (you know how to make a grand entrance!), and thanks, Rosana (Jumping thread) for the translation.

I'll give the transcript of her interview, just to add her personal flavor, although it doesn't add much information to Rosana's summary.

First question, about her passion for riding:
I started to ride when I was very young, and it is a sport I have practised for a very long time, and it was a great pleasure for me to participate in the Jumping of Monaco.

Question about attendance and the championship:
Yes, there were many more (people) than last year. It is very rare for a rider to win a Grand Prize twice in a row. At first, the event was held in the Fondelle (sp?) tent; they now wished to have it in the harbour and it was a challenge.

Question about her participation :
It was very difficult for me because I haven't been able to train in the last 3 weeks, so I had to leave my horse in the hands of my trainer, so it is fairly difficult to resume competition without any prior recent training. Fortunately, my horse has (in French: un mental extraordinaire, which I can only guess means) extraordinary concentrating powers, or attitude, or smarts, and he was able to carry me (soutenir: support) in that slightly difficult moment, given my injury.

Question about her ambitions as a professional:
For the time being, I am trying to achieve good results in the amateur competitions. We'll see how the season develops, but why not ?

Question about her being an ambassador for the sport:
It is with great pleasure that I support the equestrian sport. I really hope that in the years to come, thanks to the Global Champions Tour which is a championship event organized around the world, my participation will help and that this sport will become more popular. I will be participating in Portugal in 10 days, and in Brazil at the end of the month. I hope that my hand will hold up !

Question about other sports:
Yes, (I practise other sports), a little, I like swimming, I like jogging, but it is mostly riding (I like or love). (She used "aime bien" for the other sports, to like, obviously in contrast to riding, which, although she doesn't use the verb, she "aime", loves.)

Question about participation in Monaco events:
Yes, yes, Le Grand Prix, yes, every year.

Charlotte comes across as mature, natural, and poised. She seemed to be willing to say a lot more, but kept being interrupted by the anchorman, who would pick up on some word or info she provided to regain control of the interview. She needs a better listener (or were they short of time ?) and maybe one day we'll have the pleasure of reading an interview, where both journalist and subject can take their time in asking and answering questions and where a clever interviewer can let his/her interlocutor's personality shine through.

It is good to have the old Charlotte back, a person with a passion, with an authentic dedication to a mission (serving as ambassador as well as participator to make the sport more popular.)

She was dazzling in the pictures of the last social event, and has never looked so much like her mother, in the days when Princess Caroline wore her hair back that way, letting her beautiful bone structure and shape of her face completely open, taking center stage from her hair, which almost works as an accent. I hope she will stay with that kind of hairstyle, the hair in the face kind of look doesn't do credit to her great beauty. For once, too, she looked truly happy and confident. What work won't do to make a woman shine !

wow, she sounds so different then I thought. Very mature, relaxed, like a woman, yet she still has very much a 'childlike' face. I thought somehow her voice would be much younger, more teenager-like. Great to finally hear her speak after so many years! She did very well!

Thank you so much iloveroyals, I missed many words. At the end i thought she was talking about her mom, but she didn´t say mama but ma main, have to improve my French.

I think what she said was Chapiteaux Fontvieille, were the competition was held before, as well as the Circus.

I don´t agree with you about the interviewer. You cannot have silences in an intervew, he asked when he saw she was running out of words, for me he did a good job.

Charlotte comes across as mature, natural, and poised. She seemed to be willing to say a lot more, but kept being interrupted by the anchorman, who would pick up on some word or info she provided to regain control of the interview. She needs a better listener (or were they short of time ?) and maybe one day we'll have the pleasure of reading an interview, where both journalist and subject can take their time in asking and answering questions and where a clever interviewer can let his/her interlocutor's personality shine through.

I have to say I was surprised at how comfortable she seemed speaking like that, I thought she would just give coy one sentence answers. She seemed really willing to go for it. I think her interviewer was more nervous than she was.

Where's Diane Sawyer when you need her?! :lol:

I thought she said maman as well, but yeah, I too definitely have to improve my french. ALOT lol. Anyway, to reiterate what everyone else here has said, this was such a pleasant surprise. Looking at pics is so different from actually hearing and seeing a person move. Pics only capture like half a second in time and just goes to show how wrong you can be only judging by pictures. I always thought Charlotte was probably a little arrogant from her pictures, she always gave this thin little smile and something about the way she held her head, but now I think its bashfulness which is so sweet!

Also yes, she looks so much like Caroline in that video but Stefano peeks through her more than occasionally. Especially when she smiles.

Albert wasn't only there to support his niece, but also to talk about the Tour de France, which starts in Monaco this saturday.
Maybe we'll see more Grimaldi's and Casiraghi's on that occassion.

Many thanks, Alcartur - what a nice contribution, and as your first post - hope you'll feel welcome here....

It was very enjoyable to hear Charlotte's voice. Previously I thought of her as perhaps being a bit stand-offish, but I've changed my mind - she's absolutely charming!

Anytime :)

And also, thanks a lot for the translation, Iloveroyals!!!!!

Thank you so much iloveroyals, I missed many words. At the end i thought she was talking about her mom, but she didn´t say mama but ma main, have to improve my French.

I think what she said was Chapiteaux Fontvieille, were the competition was held before, as well as the Circus.

I don´t agree with you about the interviewer. You cannot have silences in an intervew, he asked when he saw she was running out of words, for me he did a good job.

Thanks to all for appreciating the transcript.

I thought she said "maman" too, I had to listen to it several times to make sense of it, and I am a French native-speaker. I didn't get "defi" either until the interviewer translated it back into challenge !

You're right, it must have been Chapiteau Fontvieille; a little brush up on Monaco names and I would have recognized the word. Which goes to show, when it comes to names of places or people, if we don't know them, we can easily distort them.

I still stand by what I said about the interviewer. I felt he was cutting her off when she was not quite finished, (preventing her from pausing, as other interviewers permit Princess Caroline to do, obviously more respectful of her title and status), had a tendency to anticipate her answers and words, as if he already knew what she was going to say or was not that interested, and he talked a mile a minute, which I found annoying. He may have perceived, (wrongly in my opinion), that she was nervous and it was his way of putting her at ease. But I regret what she could have told us that would have been more personal, more anecdotal perhaps, which she was not given a chance to share. It was interesting how she did not deny the title of ambassador he gave her, quite the reverse, acknowledged it. It seems to show she is ready and excited about her new role and determined to take it seriously and make her uncle proud. He is already delighted and impressed with her. I think it's great she has been given a real job. Participating in a global organization is going to mean a real commitment.

That was exactly my thought, the interviewer was trying to make her feel at ease. Maybe he exaggerated too much, he talked too much and quickly.

It is very sweet how his uncle touches her hand at the very beginning as a sign of support. I think she was really nervous but managed to pull thriugh. She just needs a little more confidence.

I hope we are going to see Charlotte more ofter and more involved in Monaco social life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom