Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events 23 : March 2007 - April 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhrc

Majesty
City
*Ruhrgebiet*
Country
Germany
Welcome to Part 23 of the thread to discuss the current events of Charlotte Casiraghi. You can find the old thread here: Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 22

Please remember the following:
  • Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • This thread is for current events only
  • Remember to be respectful. Everyone has the right to express their views, but that needs to be done in a civil way.
And please have a look at the TRF Posting Rules and FAQs, and the Photo Posting Rules.

Happy posting!

Where can I get a list of fashion shows still to happen this year or events in Monaco? :flowers:

Last edited:
maya35 said:
I am not sure about fashion shows, but the calendar for both 2006 and 2007 Monaco events is here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/calendar-princely-family-monaco-9913.html

One more picture from the party (she looks lovely there):
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t88/maya35/15m.jpg
And the review of the party for anyone who is interested (both from style.com):
Paris Fashion Week Parties, Part 2: Party Coverage on Style.com

In the second pic, it appears that she is wearing a see-through dress. Is it my imagination or is that the case. IF she is, that is a little tacky. Although the color red looks good on her.

Next thing you know, she'll go topless on the beach...

In the March issue of Vogue magazine, I read a brilliant letter in the ''Talking Back'' section.

Here's what the writer says:

''Thank you VOGUE for the ''EUROFLASH'' (Referring to the fashion shoot and article with Tatiana, Eugenia and more) article. I found it interesting. European socialites shoud grace the covers of more magazines. Unfortunately, they are often overshadowed by trashy and vulgar socialites like Paris Hilton and her ilk.

On the contrary, the ''bright young things'' in Europe show class and etiquette. They're not publicity-seeking party monsters who pop up everywhere. I especially like Charlotte Casiraghi's style and poise. She seems to be a copy of her mother, Princess Caroline of Hanover (and Monaco). I also liked the way you added Middle Eastern socialites like Petrina Khashoggi, who has a Middle Eastern mother, and Camilla Al Fayed. Being an Arab myself, I found it a nice bonus. People have this stereotype that we are constantly covered up and unable to enjoy wearing a sleeveless Chanel or Versace dress. Please continue to include European socialites in your coverage, and thank you again for the excellent article.''

Yasmin Al-Sabah
Kuwait

---

She's completely right. I totally agree with her. We need to see more of Charlotte and less of Paris and these other fake socialites. The good thing is that Charlotte doesn't want the attention. At the end of the day, Charlotte comes from a family of monarchs. Who is Paris Hilton?

Apparently, the Vogue reader who sent the letter has the last name of Al-Sabah. She says that she's from Kuwait. Aren't the Al-Sabah family the Royal Family of Kuwait or something like that? Do you think she knows Charlotte? Every summer, these rich royal Arabs are always in Cannes or Paris. In Cannes, you see these rich royals with their yachts and whatnot. Perhaps this girl knows Charlotte, Eugenie and so on. If she does know Charlotte, she's so lucky. What is Charlotte like with her friends? She seems like a very fun person to hang around with.

Anyway, in last week's Hello Magazine, they talk about Charlotte being in London for fashion week.

Last edited:
iloveroyals said:

Topless was very fashionable in Europe 15 - 20 years ago. Now it is out of fashion, because also of the catastrophies the sun may provoke. But it has never be an immoral behavior, nor a sign of debauche in life.
So, EVEN if she does it, it does not "mean" something wrong for her.

fandesacs2003 said:
Topless was very fashionable in Europe 15 - 20 years ago. Now it is out of fashion, because also of the catastrophies the sun may provoke. But it has never be an immoral behavior, nor a sign of debauche in life.
So, EVEN if she does it, it does not "mean" something wrong for her.
I see nothing wrong with it either! I mean, I'm sure you can find topless pictures of Princesses Caroline and Stephanie and they seem not to care whose looking!

acid_rain3075 said:
I see nothing wrong with it either! I mean, I'm sure you can find topless pictures of Princesses Caroline and Stephanie and they seem not to care whose looking!

Absolutely!

There are many pics of Stephanie doing topless. Not for Caroline, just a few when she was with Junot.

Jennifer87 said:
She's completely right. I totally agree with her. We need to see more of Charlotte and less of Paris and these other fake socialites. The good thing is that Charlotte doesn't want the attention. At the end of the day, Charlotte comes from a family of monarchs. Who is Paris Hilton?

I'm not protecting Paris Hilton here, or saying that Charlotte is an attention-seeker, but in my opinion a laid back person who completely doesn't care about the attention probably won't pose for Vogue pictures in the first place. So far, for example, I haven't seen Chelsey and Harry posing together on a red carpet at Cannes. I certainly think that Charlotte is a lovely, stunning lady and definitly fun to be around. I'm just noting that I won't base my opinion about the whole european socialte set on an article, which I think is written by Tatiana's uncle's fiance (forgive me if I'm wrong about that).

maya35 said:
I'm not protecting Paris Hilton here, or saying that Charlotte is an attention-seeker, but in my opinion a laid back person who completely doesn't care about the attention probably won't pose for Vogue pictures in the first place. So far, for example, I haven't seen Chelsey and Harry posing together on a red carpet at Cannes. I certainly think that Charlotte is a lovely, stunning lady and definitly fun to be around. I'm just noting that I won't base my opinion about the whole european socialte set on an article, which I think is written by Tatiana's uncle's fiance (forgive me if I'm wrong about that).

You have some right. Of course Charlotte did not pretend, neither that she seeks attention, nor that she hates it, so we can not know what she thinks.

On the other hand, Charlotte lives her life normally, and some times she accepts the attention. But Paris, seems to act in a way especially to attire the attention, and this for me is the main difference.

fandesacs2003 said:
You have some right. Of course Charlotte did not pretend, neither that she seeks attention, nor that she hates it, so we can not know what she thinks.

On the other hand, Charlotte lives her life normally, and some times she accepts the attention. But Paris, seems to act in a way especially to attire the attention, and this for me is the main difference.
That, I fully agree with:)

Not for Caroline, just a few when she was with Junot

You must be very young, otherwise you'd know that there were plenty of pictures showing topless Caroline in the late '70s. Novella mag carried many.

iloveroyals said:
I wouldn't be surprised if she did. After all her mother had already shown her body to the whole planet at her same age...;) To Grace's most disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tosca said:

You must be very young, otherwise you'd know that there were plenty of pictures showing topless Caroline in the late '70s. Novella mag carried many.

Yes, but she was on a boat with Junot, Philippos Niarchos, etc, etc. And this was a private place, not a public.
After this period, I never saw a single pic of her topless.

For comparison's sake, some pictures of P.Caroline partying in the seventies:
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0013caropartyingleavingparty.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5/louise_030/scan0012caropartying.jpg

Click on the first one first for chronology's sake. Sorry I am so bad at posting pictures. I am still learning.

By the way, my post on Charlotte going topless on the beach was tongue in cheek. It doesn't bother me, it's been so common for the last 30 years or so...
On the other hand, I didn't find her party dresses attractive. For one thing, such short dresses (IMO) should be worn with very neat looking hair, even preferably very short, a la Twiggy, or the Andy Warhol friend, Eddie Sedgwick (sp?), that they made a movie of recently. On Charlotte, there is something about the proportions that is wrong (but as several of you have said, she's just having fun, not trying a be a paragon of elegance). On the earlier group picture, again IMO, except for one or two girls (notobly Fayed's daughter or grand-daughter), they all look like sausages, their dresses look one or two sizes too small, like they all shrank in the dryer... Besides, the poor girls have to be so skinny not to look ridiculous, it's painful for the imagination (how they must sacrifice the joy of eating...)

Last edited:
Yes, it was that "famous" dress she'd worn when posing on her 18th birthday, but on that night she forgot to wear the sash.
That was a private party, but when you are a public figure, especially when you're the child of a sovereign, you should pay attention on what you're doing.

I also happened to read on a mag back then, that Prince Rainier had to buy, and then put into a safe, some compromising pictures of Caroline, that were taken inside a Paris nightclub. However I always wondered if this is true: why store those photos, when they could be easily be destroyed...

Hope Caro doesn't have to do the same with Charlotte's one day.

Well there's nothing to be shocked about after all, like mother (and aunt) like daughter, I had hopes w/ Charlotte till not so long ago, she seems to be so mature and healthy person, since the mother and the aunt are living normal lives and everything appears to be less disfuntional in the family, Ernest have left her alcoholism behind etc so I thought maybe we could have a normal generation on the family but the girl lately has choose to dress like a w.... and get drunk every other night and to me that's everything but royal and I though those years where the Grimaldi's girl were saw as Hollywood starlets and party animals were behind but it seems our parents had Caroline and Stephanie and we are going to have our Charlotte, so is the blood, in the family faith, specially on the female side after all.

Last edited:
She's young and having fun just as her mother and aunt did.

I highly doubt Charlotte will ever go topless. I could be wrong, but she comes across of a more conservative side of her mother and aunt. She was raised well without much restriction and other than those nasty pictures taking by Chi while she was sleeping in her yatch past summer, I've yet to see Charlotte as some kind of exhibitionist.

By the way, I love that red dress on her, without the fugly black fur.

Take a look at this last pic of Charlotte with the “famous red dress”

Go to GettyImages and type charlotte casiraghi, sorry I cant post the pics.:flowers:

Last edited:
That is just a link to the search page....which image do you mean? :ermm:

Carlos said:
That is just a link to the search page....which image do you mean? :ermm:

Here is one Pic for more go to Getty Images and type charlotte casiraghi:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73489301.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1930F65A344AAC8D07062A02E0F480F18EB

IMO Charlotte seams upset to pose for the Photographer,
didn’t give herself the trouble to joint her legs in a more feminine attitude, and to upright her posture, a very different Charlotte from the Pictures with her mother Princess Caroline at the Monaco Forum.:)

This picture makes her look like she is wearing a red T-shirt (such as girls sometimes wear at night in lieu of a nightgown) over her tights. The contrast between the black, red, and her very white, unadorned skin, the attitude and expression, are really unflattering. Contrast it with the pink dress she was wearing at her cousin's wedding in Italy last summer. She looked smooth and sexy, well-groomed, perfect make-up, her best dressed-up dress so far. I know it was a "going to a wedding" dress, as opposed to a party dress, but frankly, this is the oddest party dress I have ever seen. Maybe I don't go out enough...

That's what they call the "velina" look here.

The "veline" are sort of assistants/dancers in a popular TV show.
Here they are

My son and his friends were discussing the new look on Charlotte, and thought she looked like a vampire ! (as they think Tatiana often does too. )The said it , not me ! I guess it is the alabaster skin (like Adjani in Nosferatu) combined with the black, and the bloody red lips, and the sulky expression (it all feels kind of gloomy to me).

That particular picture also reminds me of a distorting mirror in a carnival house, where you look shrunk and widened.

I think Charlotte looks best in clothes that elongate her silhouette, like that slinky, slip-like pink dress at the wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom