Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 43: August 2018 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with rich people discussing poverty or doing something positive to alleviate it. Rather that than doing nothing and just living the life of a dilettante.

I also really don't understand why/if/what the problem is with people drinking while she talks. Personally, I can drink and listen at the same time.

I have no problem with rich people discussing poverty or doing something positive to alleviate it. Rather that than doing nothing and just living the life of a dilettante.

I also really don't understand why/if/what the problem is with people drinking while she talks. Personally, I can drink and listen at the same time.

I agree with your opinion on drinking while listening.

I do agree with fortimo on the idea of a charity gala dinner to fight poverty. These two don't go well together. Actually doing something is something different and can be done without dressing in rags etc but they weren't actually doing something. They were just enjoying a fun night out (probably feeling good because they were 'fighting poverty'. A far larger donation could have been made had it not been necessary to spend so much money on the gala dinner itself.

So, while I understand why it is done (to raise money), it remains very contradictory.

I agree with your opinion on drinking while listening.

I do agree with fortimo on the idea of a charity gala dinner to fight poverty. These two don't go well together. Actually doing something is something different and can be done without dressing in rags etc but they weren't actually doing something. They were just enjoying a fun night out (probably feeling good because they were 'fighting poverty'. A far larger donation could have been made had it not been necessary to spend so much money on the gala dinner itself.

So, while I understand why it is done (to raise money), it remains very contradictory.
I understand that they are uneasy bedfellows but humans being what they are I think these galas raise more money than if people were just asked to dig deeper into their pockets. People have fun and money is raised at the same time. After all, the galas are more about raising profiles, finding sponsors etc, and they aren't the only source of income generation.

:previous:
Yes, I understand it raises more money than just asking them to donate but just the thought of 'let's organize a very lavish party for the rich' so we can help the 'extreme poor' be a little less poor somewhat (and in return feel good about ourselves) surely is effective but extremely poor taste imo.

Why not organize a less lavish event in which they actually mingle with the people they say to want to help; making connections with the extreme poor and offering your connections/using your network for their benefit would be a great way for some to 'overcome extreme poverty'. (and of course, some of the attendees might do that as well, so that is to be applauded but doesn't excuse this type of event)

Or even organize a well-catered congress in which working groups discuss actions to be taken and actively follow-up on that; but maybe they need money to do so, and those who are willing to donate when they are entertained wouldn't be willing to support the same cause without their private fun and prestige of being seen at such an event - which again would show that it is not about the goal at all.

On a royal note; has Charlotte shown interest in this specific theme before? I.e., is she actively involved in some way regarding the topic of poverty alleviation?

Last edited:
:previous: The Countess du Boisrouvay is both her godmother and a cousin of Prince Rainier. The charity is named in honor of the Countess's only child...a remarkable young man who died tragically in an accident the year before Charlotte was born.

After the death of her son Albina du Boisrouvay sold off all her jewels and most of her personal fortune and started this project.

Charlotte is close to her godmother and always attends this event in support.

Last edited:
Also ridiculous when so rich people like Charlotte to speak about poverty:ohmy: They have no idea:ermm:

Any different then any other royal? Like Prince William hosting a gala at Kensington palace for Centre point? No one blinks an eye when star studded events with major performers and tuxedos is hosted to raise money for a homeless shelter in London.

Should no royals help the homeless since none know what it is to be poor???

Yes, I understand it raises more money than just asking them to donate but just the thought of 'let's organize a very lavish party for the rich' so we can help the 'extreme poor' be a little less poor somewhat (and in return feel good about ourselves) surely is effective but extremely poor taste imo.

Why not organize a less lavish event in which they actually mingle with the people they say to want to help; making connections with the extreme poor and offering your connections/using your network for their benefit would be a great way for some to 'overcome extreme poverty'. (and of course, some of the attendees might do that as well, so that is to be applauded but doesn't excuse this type of event)

The charity does plenty of events and activities with the people they help.

The reality is though that the charity is not funded by the charity workers. It is funded by big wallet donors. And some of them may actually have little interest in the actual work. Splash out on lavish parties, yachts and holidays is a part of their life. A charity combining a lavish party and a charity fundraiser gets them to attend. Ask them to make a 50,000 donation and invite them to a sit down lunch at a homeless shelter? Few people would attend. Ask them for $50,000 a seat to attend a lavish party with their friends and such, sounds like a good night out.

Charities know they need to bring in the donors. It may seem out of place to some, but in the end it brings in more money for charity, and all wins.

Its similar to "big change'. Why do the big triathalons and other expensive challenges, why not just donate? Because if they get to have fun, and have an 'experience' certain donors are more willing to donate.

These aren't your every day Joe and Jane donating.

Beyond helping people in AIDS affected areas, the charity has other goals. FXB foundation does work in Europe as well. It founded pallative care hospitals in France and Switzerland. And a helicopter rescue program in Switzerland. The latter of which is inspired even more by the son of the founder, who inspired the creation of the charity. He was a rescue helicopter pilot who died while serving as a pilot during the Dakar race.

On a royal note; has Charlotte shown interest in this specific theme before? I.e., is she actively involved in some way regarding the topic of poverty alleviation?

The founder Albina is her godmother. Albina was a cousin of Rainier III on the Polignac side. Her mother was the daughter of Simon Patino, a Bolivian industrialist who was once one of the richest men in the world.

Charlotte sits on the board of directors for the charity.

https://fxb.org/international/our-board/

Princess Astrid of Belgium is also a known supporter. She has been seen with Charlotte at the events the past few years.

Once again Charlotte attended the gala dinner in benefit of the FXB International to Overcome Extreme Poverty in Gstaad, Switzerland, a couple of days ago:

** video **

I think Charlotte reads her speech like spelling.

:previous: The Countess du Boisrouvay is both her godmother and a cousin of Prince Rainier. The charity is named in honor of the Countess's only child...a remarkable young man who died tragically in an accident the year before Charlotte was born.

After the death of her son Albina du Boisrouvay sold off all her jewels and most off her personal fortune and started this project.

Charlotte is close to her godmother and always attends this event in support.

I didn' t know this. Thank you, Moonmaiden, for this information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if true, I completely understand his wish for stability for Raphael - and would say that this lifestyle is undesirable for any child -. Nonetheless, all of this could have been avoided had the two of them first figured out whether they wanted to be together for life, get married, have a child and stay together. In the end, Raphael's constant moving is caused by them no longer being a family unit.

Last edited:
Charlotte looks gorgeous in the photos with Gad. She’s such a natural beauty on the voici cover. Anyone else call her the hairstyle queen whenever she puts her hair up like that?

Charlotte Casiraghi et Gad Elmaleh : Leurs retrouvailles tendues à Paris – Potins.net

https://www.quien.com/realeza/2019/02/15/carlota-casiraghi-y-gad-elmaleh-se-dejan-ver-juntos

7 February, Gad Elmaleh and Charlotte Casiraghi were surprised together on the streets of Paris. Meeting that seemed to be particularly tense. Magazine Voici

This wonderful Charlotte's fur coat (black or blue) is like an other one beige she wore douring a walk with Baltazar and his nunny in pariw before Christmas?

It's good for Raphael that Charlotte and Gad are still on talking terms and I didn't think their meeting in Paris looked too tense (from what I read I expected a different picture!). Obviously it's going to be awkward for both of them but they both seem to be handling their separation sensibly.

I concur. Although it is a noble sentiment, the money spent on the luxurious surroundings could have gone towards funds to help those in poverty, where every cent, euro, pound, etc. is needed. For example, look at Princess Stephanie's AIDS benefits. They never look to be held in auspicious places and seem low budget for Monaco.

I concur. Although it is a noble sentiment, the money spent on the luxurious surroundings could have gone towards funds to help those in poverty, where every cent, euro, pound, etc. is needed. For example, look at Princess Stephanie's AIDS benefits. They never look to be held in auspicious places and seem low budget for Monaco.

Ever heard the phrase to make money you have to spend money. These kinds of events people are paying $10,000 a chair minimum (likely far more) to attend. The donors pay this kind of money for the event/experience.

They could host a sit down lunch and talk and rely on those who come to write cheques, and might get a few thousand. Or they can host a big party, and have make millions. Which serves the charity better?

Do you complain about the charity galas held by other royals?? Money better spent else where. Or just this.

It's good for Raphael that Charlotte and Gad are still on talking terms and I didn't think their meeting in Paris looked too tense (from what I read I expected a different picture!). Obviously it's going to be awkward for both of them but they both seem to be handling their separation sensibly.

Agreed it didn't look all that tense. I guess unless they were rollicking in laughter and smiles, it is said to be tense. But in reverse, they looked too happy, then there would be talk of flirting.

Its always good when a former couple can get along for the kids they share

Last edited:
Ever heard the phrase to make money you have to spend money. These kinds of events people are paying $10,000 a chair minimum (likely far more) to attend. The donors pay this kind of money for the event/experience.

They could host a sit down lunch and talk and rely on those who come to write cheques, and might get a few thousand. Or they can host a big party, and have make millions. Which serves the charity better?

Do you complain about the charity galas held by other royals?? Money better spent else where. Or just this.

Agreed it didn't look all that tense. I guess unless they were rollicking in laughter and smiles, it is said to be tense. But in reverse, they looked too happy, then there would be talk of flirting.

Its always good when a former couple can get along for the kids they share

It's uncomfortable when so personal moments and feelings are in public sight. I am afraid it's the destiny of famous people

Andrea and Pierre have a confortable family life and nice Children.
Charlotte will always have un unconfortable life with 2 Children from different Fathers . I am sad for her Children.

Don´t be. Both children have wealthy, loving parents and are set for life. Might not be ideal, but plenty of children have to navigate a life between two homes.

They look like they´re on fine terms and seems like the headlines are just fishing for a story, as always.

And Raphael probably doesn't even remember the times when his parents were together.

Press of course always speculates, but for me these pics don't show anything. Both are expressionless, because they know they are somehow pursued by papz. I don't believe that they are discussing Raphaels education in the middle of the street, or is a very important discussion to be held outside, don't forget we are in winter time and it's is cold outside. They just go somewhere, maybe to discuss or they finished a discussion, but not more.

And Raphael probably doesn't even remember the times when his parents were together.

Since he was roughly only about 18 months old when they split up I agree.:ermm:

Don´t be. Both children have wealthy, loving parents and are set for life. Might not be ideal, but plenty of children have to navigate a life between two homes.

They look like they´re on fine terms and seems like the headlines are just fishing for a story, as always.

My words exactly..

The press makes a title and some lines to create our feelings and to think that they are in an awkward moment. However, I just see two people chatting with each other, which only normal can be.

P.S. I love Char's coat! If anybody knows the brand, please share it ?

She appears very uncomfortable in these pictures

Ι was thinking the same. It seemed like the other women out-shined her somehow with their presence. It was like she did not have confidence.

How can they possibly know,what they are talking about? I agree that it is difficult for her to have two children from two different fathers. But, gad was quite a mistake, not marrying the mother of his first child, much older, and not discreet about Charlotte. Hope dimitri is better

:previous: Gad STILL isn't very discreet about Charlotte, using her family and their relationship as fodder for his comedy sketches.:bang:

I guess we cannot help whom we fall in love with, and Gad seems like a very decent guy...

But I agree with you that Charlotte's decision to enter a relationship with him was unfortunate, and has complicated her life in ways that she could never have foreseen. :sad:

:previous: Gad STILL isn't very discreet about Charlotte, using her family and their relationship as fodder for his comedy sketches.:bang:

I guess we cannot help whom we fall in love with, and Gad seems like a very decent guy...

But I agree with you that Charlotte's decision to enter a relationship with him was unfortunate, and has complicated her life in ways that she could never have foreseen. :sad:

I think Gad was very sincere from the beginning. He never hid that he was against marriage, since he hadn't married the mother of his first child. Of course, when people are in love, cannot guess how their relationship will go. The only truth is that Gad and Charlotte adore and care a lot of Raphael.

How did the Press know that at this very moment Gad and Charlotte were outside in the Streets of Paris ??

Charlotte looks gorgeous in the photos with Gad. She’s such a natural beauty on the voici cover. Anyone else call her the hairstyle queen whenever she puts her hair up like that?

She is certainly a grand master of the messy bun with no mirror involved held by an elastic band always readily available upon whim on her hand.

Andrea and Pierre have a confortable family life and nice Children.
Charlotte will always have un unconfortable life with 2 Children from different Fathers . I am sad for her Children.

I don't see how it is 'uncomfortable' her life. This is not the 1960's when an unmarried woman was shunned and disgraced. How 'shameful' its for her, but not for Gad who has kids with 2 women?? Or with Dmitri who has kids with two women? How is it only the woman gets called out for two men??:bang:

Charlotte had a relationship that failed. Happens every day. Could have happened even if they married. Her mother is proof of that. She has now moved on and found hopefully a healthy second relationship.

And why feel sorry for the kids? Are they missing a dad? Is their mother struggling to make ends meet? What do you feel sorry for?

Why does marriage make things instantly right? If she had married and divorced Gad, it seems things would be seen as so much better. Being divorced and having kids from a second relationship is OK, but never marrying is not. :sad:

There is no sign her kids are unhappy or not cared for. That Raphael doesn't get time with both of his parents. or that he doesn't get along with Dmitri, and Dmitri's daughter. And considering Charlotte and Dmitri are together, I don't know why any concern for Balthazar.

I don't see how it is 'uncomfortable' her life. This is not the 1960's when an unmarried woman was shunned and disgraced. How 'shameful' its for her, but not for Gad who has kids with 2 women?? Or with Dmitri who has kids with two women? How is it only the woman gets called out for two men??:bang:

Charlotte had a relationship that failed. Happens every day. Could have happened even if they married. Her mother is proof of that. She has now moved on and found hopefully a healthy second relationship.

And why feel sorry for the kids? Are they missing a dad? Is their mother struggling to make ends meet? What do you feel sorry for?

Why does marriage make things instantly right? If she had married and divorced Gad, it seems things would be seen as so much better. Being divorced and having kids from a second relationship is OK, but never marrying is not. :sad:

There is no sign her kids are unhappy or not cared for. That Raphael doesn't get time with both of his parents. or that he doesn't get along with Dmitri, and Dmitri's daughter. And considering Charlotte and Dmitri are together, I don't know why any concern for Balthazar.
Agree - couldn't put it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom