Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 42: January 2018 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lexis Nexis is a good searching tool for the legislation that the Casiraghi have Brought against magazines in the past. One time I found a report of Andrea winning damages from a German magazine. Beatrice sued Chi over the photos of Pierre in Portofino that came out just after their wedding, and I believe she won too. Charlotte has sued a couple of times before. They generally win when they do sue.

I don't regret buying Charlotte's and Robert's book. I'm enjoying it.

And I certainly did not mean to insult you, Juliette. I do understand very well about different cultures. Moonmaiden hit it rightly when she interpreted my post as more sarcastic amusement than real amusement, and indeed, it was amusement at the idea that you can stereotype a person simply because of their national or continental identity.

Any word from Princess Caroline’s office? I mean I’d love to believe it. I’d be so happy for them but I’m skeptical if it’s only this magazine’s speculation without any confirmation from the office of princess Caroline.

Any word from Princess Caroline’s office? I mean I’d love to believe it. I’d be so happy for them but I’m skeptical if it’s only this magazine’s speculation without any confirmation from the office of princess Caroline.

I don't remember if Caroline announced the engagements of Andrea and Pierre, of if the families of the respective brides did so. I tend to believe it was the latter.

Since Charlotte is Caroline's first born daughter I had hoped to receive confirmation from HRH or from the Palais Princier, but Charlotte is becoming the Greta Garbo of Grimaldi/Casi group.:cool: I think a formal announcement of her engagement to the press is absolutely not what she wants.

In any case, I am optimistic that the news is legit. I have been rooting for Charlotte and Dimitri since very early in their relationship.?

Maybe they plan to officially announce it during the Rose Ball?

Caroline announced Andrea's engagement (or confirmed the rumours that were going around). Not sure about Pierre.

Maybe they plan to officially announce it during the Rose Ball?

We can hope.;) In any case, if they are true, the details of the wedding this summer sounds very romantic....Civil ceremony at the Palace in Monaco, bigger party on Carole Bouquet's private island of Pantelleria in Sicily.

And I certainly did not mean to insult you, Juliette. I do understand very well about different cultures. Moonmaiden hit it rightly when she interpreted my post as more sarcastic amusement than real amusement, and indeed, it was amusement at the idea that you can stereotype a person simply because of their national or continental identity.

Well, I guess I should work on my sense of humour... :) :flowers:

About Charlotte's wedding...I'll believe it when I see it!

Does anyone mind telling me what was said in the segment of that interview where the host showed Charlotte and video of her mother and her grandmother? It was so sweet.

We can hope.;) In any case, if they are true, the details of the wedding this summer sounds very romantic....Civil ceremony at the Palace in Monaco, bigger party on Carole Bouquet's private island of Pantelleria in Sicily.

I am seeing something like that as well, if they are to be married... something similar to Andrea/Tatiana. More Andrea/Tatiana than Pierre/Beatrice. Small, intimate. "Small" by their standards anyway. Still quite big by ours, perhaps! :lol:
Civil in Monaco, a simple photoshoot at the palace. Religious ceremony in some exotic location. His mother's island would be nice for the reason that it makes one part of the thing about his side. Perhaps the reception on the PACHA III? :big grin:

Juliette2 said:
Well, I guess I should work on my sense of humour... :)

As you like! But I'm sure your sense of humor is fine. It's just we are different, and that's good! If were all the same, life would be so boring!

It’s strange but charlotte’s book is gone from amazon. It’s been taken off. Weird? First they raise the price then take it down?

The more reason I’m grateful I bought it right away

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s strange but charlotte’s book is gone from amazon. It’s been taken off. Weird? First they raise the price then take it down?

The more reason I’m grateful I bought it right away
It's still on French Amazon where I ordered my copy from yesterday.

When Charlotte does marry, I foresee a small private ceremony, perhaps with one photo released to the public. Though I honest to God hope for more, lol. :D Seriously, she's Princess Caroline's eldest daughter and has always been a knockout beauty since her birth. Yet, she seems very private & shy, modest & humble. We shall see...

ps: I can just imagine the truly exquisite children the two of them would have; they're both gorgeous, just like Charlotte's parents before her.

When Charlotte does marry, I foresee a small private ceremony, perhaps with one photo released to the public. Though I honest to God hope for more, lol. :D Seriously, she's Princess Caroline's eldest daughter and has always been a knockout beauty since her birth. Yet, she seems very private & shy, modest & humble. We shall see...

ps: I can just imagine the truly exquisite children the two of them would have; they're both gorgeous, just like Charlotte's parents before her.

I have sometimes thought she might pull a JFK Jr and we’d only learn she was married after the fact. But somehow I think whatever she does it will something very special to her.

But isn't Dimitri still married ? I have not heard about his divorce, only the separation from his wife. That happened less than 2 years ago.

Posts about the Princess Caroline and family in their winter holidays have been moved to this thread.

But isn't Dimitri still married ? I have not heard about his divorce, only the separation from his wife. That happened less than 2 years ago.

I have wondered also, but given that Dimitri separated in late 2016, I'd say there is at least a fair chance that he's obtained a decree nisi by now.

I have wondered also, but given that Dimitri separated in late 2016, I'd say there is at least a fair chance that he's obtained a decree nisi by now.

Divorce don't work like that in France. It lasts very long here. You first have to do a "requête initiale" to ask the judge to try to conciliate you. The judge then welcome the couple at his office some months later to proceed. And if he sees that the couple is sure that they want to divorce, the judge try to make them achieve an agreement on all the effect of the divorce. Agreements that are written on "ordonnance de non conciliation".
The agreements are temporary. They lasts for many months depending on the court (usually one year). Then they go to court to proceed to the real divorce. More they agree, more it goes quickly. Then the divorce is pronounced (but usually it takes at least 18 months).

Divorce don't work like that in France. It lasts very long here. You first have to do a "requête initiale" to ask the judge to try to conciliate you. The judge then welcome the couple at his office some months later to proceed. And if he sees that the couple is sure that they want to divorce, the judge try to make them achieve an agreement on all the effect of the divorce. Agreements that are written on "ordonnance de non conciliation".
The agreements are temporary. They lasts for many months depending on the court (usually one year). Then they go to court to proceed to the real divorce. More they agree, more it goes quickly. Then the divorce is pronounced (but usually it takes at least 18 months).
Did they marry in France? If they married elsewhere (like Russia) maybe they could file there?

I looked up. It s 25 months not 18 months.

They married only religiously in Russia I think. But as Dimitri is french and he lives in France. French courts are competent.

I looked up. It s 25 months not 18 months.

They married only religiously in Russia I think. But as Dimitri is french and he lives in France. French courts are competent.

But his wife is living in the USA, so they can also file for the divorce over there. I'm sure it is quicker and easier to get a divorce in California than in France. If they reached an economical agreement and didn't have to go to court they problably got the divorce long ago.

I don't know how it works in Russia, they probably can get it over there too, since she is russian. And since the french procedure is son long and hard it probably will be shorter there too.

I doubt they can have a religious wedding thought (if they really are getting married this summer, which I doubt), if they married religiously in Russia.
I don't know much about how the orthodox church works on this matters, but I guess it won't be much different than the catholic church. I doubt it contemplates divorce.

I think there is a forum member from Greece who will probably know better about it.

They didn’t marry religiously and they are divorced. France has a new simplified divorce procedure if the parties agree

Dimitri married Maria Novoselova in St Petersburg Russia in July 2010 in the Russian Orthodox Church to which his former wife belongs. It was reportedly a lavish three day affair and was widely reported in the European press at the time. There was no mention of a civil ceremony in France.
However...if Dimitri was baptized Catholic as I suspect he was and did not obtain a dispensation to be married according to Orthodox rites, the Catholic Church considers the marriage invalid. He is perfectly free to marry Charlotte Casiraghi in a Roman Catholic ceremony if they choose to do so
His position is the same as Chris O'Neill when he chose to marry Princess Madeleine outside the Catholic Church without a dispensation, or Jacqueline Kennedy when she married the Greek billionaire in 1968 without Vatican approval.

According to Catholic canon law there IS no binding marriage.

Dimitri doesn't strike me as a stupid guy. I doubt he has proposed marriage to such a high profile girlfriend while still married. He and Novoselova were reportedly estranged and living separately when he became involved with Charlotte in December 2016.

I know for athina Onassis it was easy to obtain the “quickie” divorce in the Belgian courts (she has residency there). It was less than two years and in her case it was complicated by dispute over which horses she gets, which horses he gets, but as they had a solid prenup (he contested unsuccessfully) the Belgian court decided quickly in athina’s favor. So I’m sure if athina could do it in this time frame ..... Dimitri and Masha, I presume, get along fairly well and if the parties are agreeable it can be worked out.

Dimitri married Maria Novoselova in St Petersburg Russia in July 2010 in the Russian Orthodox Church to which his former wife belongs. It was reportedly a lavish three day affair and was widely reported in the European press at the time. There was no mention of a civil ceremony in France.
However...if Dimitri was baptized Catholic as I suspect he was and did not obtain a dispensation to be married according to Orthodox rites, the Catholic Church considers the marriage invalid. He is perfectly free to marry Charlotte Casiraghi in a Roman Catholic ceremony if they choose to do so
His position is the same as Chris O'Neill when he chose to marry Princess Madeleine outside the Catholic Church without a dispensation, or Jacqueline Kennedy when she married the Greek billionaire in 1968 without Vatican approval.

According to Catholic canon law there IS no binding marriage.

Dimitri doesn't strike me as a stupid guy. I doubt he has proposed marriage to such a high profile girlfriend while still married. He and Novoselova were reportedly estranged and living separately when he became involved with Charlotte in December 2016.

He would still have to have a formal statement from the Church saying he was free to marry/that his 'marriage' was no valid etc. That should be easy to obtain.

LaRae

:previous: Which he may already have or be in the process of obtaining from Rome courtesy of Monsignor Barsi...for all we know. These are crossed T"s and dotted I"s that the public will not know about unless there is a leak.

My point is simply that people who assume that Dimitri cannot marry Charlotte in church because he is divorced are incorrect.

:previous: Which he may already have or be in the process of obtaining from Rome courtesy of Monsignor Barsi...for all we know. These are crossed T"s and dotted I"s that the public will not know about unless there is a leak.

My point is simply that people who assume that Dimitri cannot marry Charlotte in church because he is divorced are incorrect.
Pretty sure Dimitri and his ex-wife weren’t married religiously, in which case he’s free to marry in Church

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom