Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 41: January 2017 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't Raphael old enough to be on a "moving chair? (sorry, i do not know the word for that :p)" and having a pacifier?

Isn't Raphael old enough to be on a "moving chair? (sorry, i do not know the word for that :p)" and having a pacifier?

I'd say is old enough not to be in a " moving chair " and not to have a pacifier!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the pram was used because they took the plane, to be able to walk with the little boy throughout the airport. Distances are quite long for a child. As for the pacifier, some kids arrive to school age before to give it up.

Distances are long for children and nobody wants a kid throwing a temper tantrum because his little legs are tired. And a pacifier is up to the mother and child if they continue to use it. This mommy policing isn't a nice thing.

Ugh. A pacifier at his age? He's in for some expensive dental work. :eek:

Raphael is 3 1/2 years, I guess (or I hope) they are using the stroller and pacifier because of the flight and because they don't want him to squirm or whine.
In my family pacifiers (if at all used) were gone by the age of one, the older the child the more difficult to break the habit. With regard to strollers, when they were old enough and capable, kids had to either walk or stay at home (of course they decided to walk), good thing is when they are older, they don't complain because they are used to carry on no matter what. I sometimes see six year olds in strollers and feel sorry for parents who end up carrying all imaginable stuff because the kid wanted to bring everything along but got bored.

Back to Charlotte, I agree with what most posters already said, her taste in men is almost tragic, the unability to stay on her own and reflect, I too see her as very needy, she is still young and good looking, with age it will become more difficult, the type of men she choses tends to swap with a younger girl at some point who might be less needy.

Last edited:
What a charming makeup she had on the video about Rencontres Philosophiques de Monaco! Absolutely charming!

I don't understand why we blame so much Charlotte. She is a young and beautiful woman. Why she should stay alone ? She does not choose bad or out of law or society men. A rich heir, a successful actor, a Italian aristocrat, or a French film director, old acquaintance of her mum, nothing shameful. She is young, why should she stay alone ?

I don't understand why we blame so much Charlotte. She is a young and beautiful woman. Why she should stay alone ? She does not choose bad or out of law or society men. A rich heir, a successful actor, a Italian aristocrat, or a French film director, old acquaintance of her mum, nothing shameful. She is young, why should she stay alone ?

Ditto. I think the question is why so judgemental? Does she owns any of you anything? Charlotte as any other person living in a democratic society is free to live her personal life and love whomever she wants. I've been a member of this forum for quite some years, I came here purely for information and what is happening with the royals lives, I do not come here to make judgements of someone I do not know personally, because lately I've been seeing in this forums a lot of judgement towards some royals. We live in the 21st century, people have children out the wedlock, people marry, separate, divorce, date another people, we are being extremely moralising to someone, in this case Charlotte, who is only a daughter of a Princess and thus she is known, yes she is an ambassador and model for some brands, she's a socialite, but she never exposed her private live, so she deserves a little bit of respect, you have every right to like or dislike, to agree or disagree what she does, but IMHO you do not have to be judgemental and moralising.

Last edited:

Absolutely - she has just as much right as anyone else to look for her happy ever after. We know nothing really about this young man and yet there seem to be an awful lot of predictions that he's going to leave her/go back to his wife/trade her in for a new model.

As for Raphaël - he's 3, the pushchair makes sense for long journeys and getting around a big bustling city like New York. The dummy/pacifier: every child is different, he'll move on when he's ready - I don't see why he would need lots of dental interventions as a result as he still has his milk teeth.

I don't have a problem with her having an active dating life. Though her men seem very similar, modelizers, so you have to wonder if she's setting herself up for another romantic failure. But maybe she isn't interested in a longterm relationship, and just enjoys each man as a chapter in her life. If that's the case, I wish she wouldn't immerse Raphael in their lives so quickly. Last year he was around Lamberto frequently and now there's Dimitri. I'm not sure a revolving door of 'step-father' figures is that healthy especially if he's getting emotionally attached to each one.

She's an adult and should not be pushing herself to go with one guy after another. She's a mother and she needs to set a good example. She's choosing to live her life like this and she's not exempt from judgement just because she's pretty. No one is saying that she has to live a life of a nun, but she needs to show more respect for herself. If she doesn't pull it together and stop being the eternal ingenue, she'll continue to make the same mistakes and lead a miserable life loaded with regrets.

She's an adult and should not be pushing herself to go with one guy after another. She's a mother and she needs to set a good example. She's choosing to live her life like this and she's not exempt from judgement just because she's pretty. No one is saying that she has to live a life of a nun, but she needs to show more respect for herself. If she doesn't pull it together and stop being the eternal ingenue, she'll continue to make the same mistakes and lead a miserable life loaded with regrets.

As you say, she's an adult - so she can make her own decisions.

Maybe she doesn't think she's setting a bad example - I don't know what she's supposed to be an example of...

I can't see what the problem is with how she is choosing to live her life - she had 2 very serious relationships, one of which produced a child - sadly they didn't work out. She made a mistake with the last guy, but until you try how do you know it's a mistake? I really don't see any lack of respect for herself.

I don't think anyone, least of all Charlotte, has ever suggested she's above judgement just because she's pretty. How about not making judgements because we don't actually know her, have no idea what motivates her and she has absolutely no obligation to fit in with our preconceived ideas of morality/the correct way to live life?

Everything we say here is conjecture really ... How can we say that she is going be miserable with certainty?

As you say, she's an adult - so she can make her own decisions.

Maybe she doesn't think she's setting a bad example - I don't know what she's supposed to be an example of...

I can't see what the problem is with how she is choosing to live her life - she had 2 very serious relationships, one of which produced a child - sadly they didn't work out. She made a mistake with the last guy, but until you try how do you know it's a mistake? I really don't see any lack of respect for herself.

I don't think anyone, least of all Charlotte, has ever suggested she's above judgement just because she's pretty. How about not making judgements because we don't actually know her, have no idea what motivates her and she has absolutely no obligation to fit in with our preconceived ideas of morality/the correct way to live life?

Everything we say here is conjecture really ... How can we say that she is going be miserable with certainty?

Exactly what I said on my last post. Nowadays it looks like everybody are the moral police.

I like Charlotte's casual outfit there.
It must be annoying to have all the paparazzi walking with you wherever you go! The paparazzi of USA seem to not mind not being distinctive:p:cool:

I was reading an old interview with Carole Bouquet over the weekend. Dmitri lost his father Jean-Pierre when he was 3-4 years old...roughly the same age as Charlotte was when she lost her own father. Jean-Pierre Rassam also died under very tragic circumstances, same as Stefano.:sad:

Perhaps this is something of a bond between them? I don't want to judge her anymore. I wish her the best:ermm:

Last edited:
Ditto. I think the question is what so judgemental? Does she owns any of you anything? Charlotte as any other person living in a democratic society is free to live her personal life and love whomever she wants. I've been a member of this forum for quite some years, I came here purely for information and what happening with the royals lives, I do not come here to make judgements of someone I do not know personally, because lately I've been seeing in this forums a lot of judgement towards some royals. We live in the 21st century, people have children out the wedlock, people marry, separate, divorce, date another people, we are being extremely moralising to someone, in this case Charlotte, who is only a daughter of a Princess and thus she is known, yes she is an ambassador and model for some brands, she's a socialite, but she never exposed her private live, so she deserves a little bit of respect, you have every right to like or dislike, to agree or disagree what she does, but IMHO you do not have to be judgemental and moralising.
I feel like people are projecting a lot. To many, Charlotte is the epitome of beauty and privilige that hardly knows it's equal and I feel sometimes people want her to lead that perfect life because she has the opportunity to do so. However, we are all human and perfection cannot be obtained.

She's not titled, a private citizen and doesn't owe anyone on this forum sh.t. If she wishes to date around, that is her choice. If she has no problem letting her son use a pacifier and a stroller, then that is up to her. Nobody knows her.

I feel like people are projecting a lot. To many, Charlotte is the epitome of beauty and privilige that hardly knows it's equal and I feel sometimes people want her to lead that perfect life because she has the opportunity to do so. However, we are all human and perfection cannot be obtained.

She's not titled, a private citizen and doesn't owe anyone on this forum sh.t. If she wishes to date around, that is her choice. If she has no problem letting her son use a pacifier and a stroller, then that is up to her. Nobody knows her.

Exactly. I think this discussion of peoples opinion about what royal should do and be, could be a good theme, morals and judgement, to one of those philosophical meetings Charlotte participates. People talk so much about moral and ethics, but all resumes to one thing, IMO, people's opinion, and fortunately the majority of the board member live in countries that allows free thinking, and they are free to come here to post. I'm not criticising people for having their opinions, i'm criticising the judgement towards someone as you said people are projecting a lot.

Everything you just wrote reads absolutely alien to me. I don't understand a single sentence.

-An adult can not go out with a man after another? Who should go out with men, then, little girls??

-She need to set a good example? I don't understand what kind of bad example is she setting. Dating is bad? Something to hide? A 3 years old little kid should learn that it is wrong for a woman to date men?

-My favourite: "she needs to show more respect for herself". The use of the verb "needs" is hilarious by itself. No, obvioulsy, she doesn't NEED to subject herself to your moral standards. Maybe you feel such a pecualiar need, but you shouldn't state what some woman you never met in your life needs or doesn't need.

And about the "self-respect". Where is she lacking self-respect? Dating and bedding guys she finds attractive is lacking self-respect? What century do you come from?

How do you know she is an ingenue? Maybe they, the men in her life, are the ingenues, and she is the one dropping them. Maybe she has a strong sexual drive and she likes change. You don't know a thing.

The most disgusting thing about all this is the hidden idea that no man will want to stay with an "easy" woman, and Lamberto, Gad or Dimitri are just playing with Charlotte because they don't find her "self-respecting".

I agree, though, that she shouldn't get little Raphael into her partners life so early every time. Kids need stability, not a string of step-fathers. It's not good for them.

I also think that having time on your own to get to know yourself is important. Charlotte has had a boyfriend non stop since she was 18. And the fact that she is always the one who changes life for them shows that she is needy and not mature enough.

But I fail to see the lack of self-respect or the bad example.

Look she models and does work as a representative of Gucci; she puts herself out there and so people are going to comment. She comes from a reigning family and therefore is certainly going to be noticed and reported on and talked about.

Everything you just wrote reads absolutely alien to me. I don't understand a single sentence.

-An adult can not go out with a man after another? Who should go out with men, then, little girls??

-She need to set a good example? I don't understand what kind of bad example is she setting. Dating is bad? Something to hide? A 3 years old little kid should learn that it is wrong for a woman to date men?

-My favourite: "she needs to show more respect for herself". The use of the verb "needs" is hilarious by itself. No, obvioulsy, she doesn't NEED to subject herself to your moral standards. Maybe you feel such a pecualiar need, but you shouldn't state what some woman you never met in your life needs or doesn't need.

And about the "self-respect". Where is she lacking self-respect? Dating and bedding guys she finds attractive is lacking self-respect? What century do you come from?

How do you know she is an ingenue? Maybe they, the men in her life, are the ingenues, and she is the one dropping them. Maybe she has a strong sexual drive and she likes change. You don't know a thing.

The most disgusting thing about all this is the hidden idea that no man will want to stay with an "easy" woman, and Lamberto, Gad or Dimitri are just playing with Charlotte because they don't find her "self-respecting".

I agree, though, that she shouldn't get little Raphael into her partners life so early every time. Kids need stability, not a string of step-fathers. It's not good for them.

I also think that having time on your own to get to know yourself is important. Charlotte has had a boyfriend non stop since she was 18. And the fact that she is always the one who changes life for them shows that she is needy and not mature enough.

But I fail to see the lack of self-respect or the bad example.

THIS so, so much. The criticism throughout this thread seems to be coming from a very nasty, dare I say sexist place. She has every right to live her life and sleep with whomever she wants. She's a grown woman...ugh at these Puritanical ideas about womanhood. :bang:

She can live her life however she likes. No judgements here.

We cannot talk about how great her equestrian career is or her last book or her last cooperation in a ONG in Africa or her last film or her last record ( I can continue...). Her loving affairs are in all the tabloids. It would be the law of the silence or censorship if in this place ppl could not talk about it. I find very sexist talk about how masculine is her jaw line so please let the hypocrisy apart imo.

We cannot read what we do not like but asking for the silence of others....

We cannot talk about how great her equestrian career is or her last book or her last cooperation in a ONG in Africa or her last film or her last record ( I can continue...). Her loving affairs are in all the tabloids. It would be the law of the silence or censorship if in this place ppl could not talk about it. I find very sexist talk about how masculine is her jaw line so please let the hypocrisy apart imo.

We cannot read what we do not like but asking for the silence of others....

Sorry - I haven't read any requests or orders for others to be silent. I've read different opinions which is surely the purpose of these forums - people share their opinions and ideas with others with a common interest, no need for us all to agree.

I find the make-up extremely much but i like her outfit. Not sth I would wear, but it fits her well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom