Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 41: January 2017 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only criticize Caroline mainly since she should not have encouraged her daughter to pursue a life of fame via her existence. Fame comes from so many sources, but if Charlotte had instead been trained/drilled into working and not jet setting, I think Charlotte would be leading a more fulfilling life. For Charlotte to do an interview and get Vogue covers just for being alive is a bad way to start out and it's not wise to encourage her daughter to (at times) dress and behave like a slob.

There's no excuse for sour expressions just because she's having a bad day; Charlotte is old and experienced enough to know how to conceal her true feelings.

But how do you know that Caroline encouraged her to do that? Truth is none of us know and can only guess.

As to the sour expressions, yes sometimes she looks like there is bad smell around and sometimes I suspect the camera just catches her looking serious but I would agree that when she's posing for the camera a smile wouldn't kill her. Like I said the smiles seem more frequent at non-Gucci events - makes me wonder if she's been told not to smile a lot as part of the look?

I've made the same comments about Charlene not smiling enough although there does seem to be a bit of a change there as her confidence has grown.

But generally I would agree that people who have a public role of some sort need to smile as part of their job. It is a shame because she does have the most glorious smile...

Caroline and Albert's cousin, Lizanne Levine's son. I believe he was Albert's best man at his wedding. His son is godfather to one of the twins.
Thanks, Florestane :flowers:

Just because she's modelled and is the face of a few brands, doesn't mean it isn't rather tasteless to speculate about so called attitude problems, money issues and family life while nobody here actually knows her and there is actually very little to go by besides a few shots of her walking into the venue?

Pretending to know what's in her Gucci contract? Nah sis, if you look at her history of appearances for the brand, there is very little you can discredit her, besides the terrible clothing that is being put on her.

That said, Andrea doesn't look spectaculary happy most of the time either, but I don't see anybody commenting on his expressions.

Pretending to know what's in her Gucci contract?

That said, Andrea doesn't look spectaculary happy most of the time either, but I don't see anybody commenting on his expressions.

Who has pretended to know what's in her Gucci contract?

Andrea barely makes public appearances and when he has I've seen far worse, derogatory and possibly libellous comments about him.

It has not to be into her Gucci contract, that she has to be nice while representing the brand in official occasions like a fashion show. It is an elementary rule of good education.
I think that the idea of advertising an item is that public by seeing the representative (a top model, an actor or an "it" girl), is that public projects itself into this person and would like to buy this item. I do not understand how you could project yourself to a person who is running the press and shows a bored and dedaining expression.
As to Andrea, he is not representing anything, so he is free to have the expression he wants.

It has not to be into her Gucci contract, that she has to be nice while representing the brand in official occasions like a fashion show. It is an elementary rule of good education.
I think that the idea of advertising an item is that public by seeing the representative (a top model, an actor or an "it" girl), is that public projects itself into this person and would like to buy this item. I do not understand how you could project yourself to a person who is running the press and shows a bored and dedaining expression.
As to Andrea, he is not representing anything, so he is free to have the expression he wants.

Totally agree.

he said to her "you ignored your friend" because she just went a bit in-front earlier than Julie? Hopefully he was joking:p

I 'm afraid he was not joking. He seems to me very severe and Charlotte a little embarrassed.

So one occassion, an occassion that shows her walking into a venue, is a showcase of her as a brand ambassador? They would have dropped her because if there is one thing Gucci doesn't need, it's her. There are a plethora of models and celebs (with a bigger following) who could fill her shoes. They're not replacing her.

So one occassion, an occassion that shows her walking into a venue, is a showcase of her as a brand ambassador? They would have dropped her because if there is one thing Gucci doesn't need, it's her. There are a plethora of models and celebs (with a bigger following) who could fill her shoes. They're not replacing her.

Maybe yes, maybe not.

She has an unique combination of royal roots, modern jet-set, she is pretty and she is the grandaughter of a legend.

Last edited:
I think it is important to differentiate between Vogue (the tastemakers) and Vogue forums (the plebs lol).

IMO the opinion of the plebs is much more reliable than Vogue's journalist opiniones. After all, Vogue's survival depends hugely on publicity paid by the big fashion groups. They are never going to critizise Gucci's face.

he said to her "you ignored your friend" because she just went a bit in-front earlier than Julie? Hopefully he was joking:p

I don't know if he was jocking. It seems so because he is laughing. I am under the impression that he tells her that because Juliette his trying to show some complicity with Charlotte in front of the photographs, leaning towards her as a friend, and Charlotte just look straight ahead ignoring her and the result is a bit weird.

But in any case Charlotte's answer with her "mais arrête!" was rude and bad mannered. Her attitude matches 100% her bored face.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe yes, maybe not.
She has an unique combination of royal roots, modern jet-set, she is pretty and she is the grandaughter of a legend.

Gucci could do a lot better than Charlotte actually; lineage is lineage, but put bluntly, Charlotte has no business giving bad attitude. Being the granddaughter of a talented actress and has princely roots (the Grimaldis are not considered royal, but of princely lineage) and is a modern jet set, but that isn't really enough to overcome a bad attitude and she has no business mouthing off.

:previous:Agree.

I only criticize Caroline mainly since she should not have encouraged her daughter to pursue a life of fame via her existence. Fame comes from so many sources, but if Charlotte had instead been trained/drilled into working and not jet setting, I think Charlotte would be leading a more fulfilling life. For Charlotte to do an interview and get Vogue covers just for being alive is a bad way to start out and it's not wise to encourage her daughter to (at times) dress and behave like a slob.

There's no excuse for sour expressions just because she's having a bad day; Charlotte is old and experienced enough to know how to conceal her true feelings.

I very much doubt Caroline encouraged any of her children to do anything other than what they want to do. In all of Caroline's interviews where she discusses motherhood she seems to stress how different her approach is to that of her own mother Grace, who was very strict about keeping up appearances and expectations. Grace apparently was fixated on the idea of presenting a perfect front.

Caroline chose a more relaxed attitude towards her kids and in my opinion it was at times too relaxed. Pierre was photographed with a cigarette when he was about twelve, in front of his mother.

I think Caroline was there for guidance and advice but I simply cannot see her pushing her gorgeous elder daughter into a life in the spotlight. Caroline is too obsessed with privacy and has been so her entire life.

Charlotte has been sought out since childhood and early adolescence by the media as a focus of public interest because she is the beautiful granddaughter of the legendary Grace. Photographers and the fashion world consider her a natural.

The doors were always open for Charlotte. It was her choice to step through them, imo.

Last edited:
She sure has a thing for oriental looking men. But so far, he is her most good looking boyfriend if true of course.

EDIT: I don't think it's true, he is married since 2010 and not divorced. I've seen pictures of him with his very gorgeous wife from february 2017.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.
In my mother times when Hola said something it was cos they know it very well and they have confirmed everything. (My mother loved Caroline and she used to buy Hola issues to inspire herself about outfit matters:)) but nowadays they only gossip indeed they wrote something similar about the boy called Tiago recently. So who knows.

She is alone and has wonderful places with plenty of room for company so there is not need to share a close space...she has all for enjoying friends and no necessarily dates imo.

Well he is indeed very handsome. :whistling: He's also a graduate of the Sorbonne, like Charlotte.

But if he's still with his wife I hope Charlotte is not pursuing an affair with him.

Surely she learned something from her mother Caroline's unhappy experience regarding affairs with married men. :ermm:

Charlotte is beautiful, young, wealthy and famous. She has a wide field from which to choose!

Last edited:
Caroline has always been good friend with Carole Bouquet. Interesting if it is true

At least, Hola's piece clarifies that absurd story about Charlot sharing a gigantic flat with a friend. It was all made up or some king of mistake.

Here, they explain clearly that she spent friday night with Dimitri at Caroline's house in Paris. And saturday, after doing somo shopping they left to Barbizon where they spent the weekend.

Apparently Charlotte does still leave at Barbizon, but she goes often to Paris and when she's there she stays at her mother's appartment in the 7th, as she always did.

At least, Hola's piece clarifies that absurd story about Charlot sharing a gigantic flat with a friend. It was all made up or some king of mistake.

Here, they explain clearly that she spent friday night with Dimitri at Caroline's house in Paris. And saturday, after doing somo shopping they left to Barbizon where they spent the weekend.

Apparently Charlotte does still leave at Barbizon, but she goes often to Paris and when she's there she stays at her mother's appartment in the 7th, as she always did.

Thanks for the extra info:flowers:
By 7th you mean the floor? if so, this house must -not only very huge -but also very high (I can imagine the view)!

I am wondering then why she shares a huge flat with her friend, when she has a house she can live in, as she used to, while studying her Bachelor.

Thanks for the extra info:flowers:
By 7th you mean the floor? if so, this house must -not only very huge -but also very high (I can imagine the view)! ´

7th arrondissement, I think.

I just saw a photo on social media of her looking at this guy with a face....that I have to say that yeah...totally it was a date. It was the same face that in that first dinner with Sanfelice.

His wife has decided she wants to return to live in her native Russia, and Dmitri has been in Barbizon inseparable from Charlotte ever since...and has stopped wearing his wedding ring.

That pretty much says it all.:cool:

ETA: Yes, he's quite the looker.

"Pancino sospetto"
Pregnancy rumours again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom