Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 41: January 2017 - December 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aesthetically speaking, they really are a great match. My goodness yes!;)

Hello everybody, I'm new here so I hope I won't be making any mistakes ^^

Just leaving a little video here of Charlotte that I found. She is quite nervous, speaking italian in an angry way towards some random paparazzi.
She is saying "...con dieci persone. Quindi! Perchè controllano che voi siate lontani" [...with 10 people. So! Because they control that you are far away].
Sadly, the voice is put over as a watermark... I suppose that in order to have the real video you must send them an email and pay some amount.
I was very happy to hear her talking in Italian and wanted to share it :)

Charlotte CasiraghiPassion philo | L'Observateur de Monaco

Charlotte CasiraghiPassion philo

I do not remember if this interview was already published

I only read the google translation, which also seems to be the source of the English language news sites. :D I wish there was a more accurate translation of the interview, because to me it seems like a weird interview. Doesn't sound natural and a tad pretentious. Don't get me wrong, I love a good philosophical discussion and maybe I should see this interview within that context in order to be fair to her. But at first I was reading this and was like, who in the world actually talks like this? :ermm:?:lol: I just also might be too low brow to understand :D

An interesting interview - I don't agree with everything she says about use of social media (and she certainly loves her mobile phone) and about equality for women - it seems to me it's not something you can totally understand when you come from a position of privilege where it is extremely unlikely you've had to fight to get your voice heard.

But I'm glad she has picked up the reins in her mum's area of culture and the arts. It's certainly an area for debate.

I don't think that's entirely fair. Yes, the concept of intersectional feminism is foreign to many, more priviliged, women and people in general and she is as priviliged as they come, but that doesn't mean you cannot grasp feminism nor does it mean you cannot face setbacks. Acknowledging that privilige is a next step.

I don't think that's entirely fair. Yes, the concept of intersectional feminism is foreign to many, more priviliged, women and people in general and she is as priviliged as they come, but that doesn't mean you cannot grasp feminism nor does it mean you cannot face setbacks. Acknowledging that privilige is a next step.

I didn't say she couldn't grasp feminism or that she hasn't (and won't in the future) faced setbacks.

I don't agree with her about quotas and how things should always just be allowed to happen naturally and organically when it comes to ensuring gender parity - we wouldn't be where we are today if that had happened.

I'm also pretty certain, given that she seems pretty intelligent and thoughtful, she's aware that she's in a position of privilege; however, that privilege allows her to access areas that other women might not - which may explain why she doesn't feel the need for some sort of affirmative action to advance the situation for some women in certain walks of life. (And I know she's not alone believing that, there are plenty of arguments for and against). Our understanding can only go so far if it isn't our own experience.

Based on what I read I don't believe I was unfair - but it's not a very long or in depth interview so I'm only making suppositions.

Honestly, Charlotte has never stuck me as the brightest bulb. She is a pretty standard wealthy dilettante- she dabbles in many things, excels at nothing that I'm aware of, and often seems to relish the appearance of wealth. She's always seemed shallow.

I'm not a fan of hers for that reason and this interview confirms that again for me.

I didn't say she couldn't grasp feminism or that she hasn't (and won't in the future) faced setbacks.

I don't agree with her about quotas and how things should always just be allowed to happen naturally and organically when it comes to ensuring gender parity - we wouldn't be where we are today if that had happened.

I'm also pretty certain, given that she seems pretty intelligent and thoughtful, she's aware that she's in a position of privilege; however, that privilege allows her to access areas that other women might not - which may explain why she doesn't feel the need for some sort of affirmative action to advance the situation for some women in certain walks of life. (And I know she's not alone believing that, there are plenty of arguments for and against). Our understanding can only go so far if it isn't our own experience.

Based on what I read I don't believe I was unfair - but it's not a very long or in depth interview so I'm only making suppositions.
I quit reading the interview. The translation was too wonky for my taste. I do in fact also disagree on her stance that equality should happen naturally. It's basically another cheap cop out of not doing your part. Charlotte seems to try, but she is absolutely not there yet. She should listen to Ashley Judd amongst others every once in a while.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - First look at Charlotte and Dimitri on...

Charlotte and Dimitri on vacation in Pyla.Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - Here you can see Charlotte, earlier,...

Charlotte, earlier, with her son Raphael arriving in Pyla for their vacation.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - Charlotte, Raphael and Dimitri walking...

Charlotte, Raphael and Dimitri walking in the steets in Pyla.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - Charlotte with Dimitri and Raphael (in...

Charlotte with Dimitri and Raphael (in the background) in Pyla.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - More pics of Charlotte, Dimitri and...

More pics of Charlotte, Dimitri and Rapahel in Pyla.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - More pics of Charlotte on a boat...

on the boat

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - Charlotte with her son and boyfriend...

Charlotte with her son and boyfriend in Pyla.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - Charlotte and Dimitri enjoying an...

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - *July 2017 -Charlotte enjoys a family holiday in...

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 -Charlotte enjoys a family holiday in...

Charlotte enjoys a family holiday in the Bassin d'Arcachon with Raphael and boyfriend Dimitri.

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 -Charlotte enjoys a family holiday in...

Charlotte Casiraghi Source - July 2017 - Some final pics of Charlotte enjoying...

Last additions - 898e8135-7845-4f62-939b-481961d217b3 - Charlotte Monaco - Photo Gallery

Charlotte, Raphael and Dimitri enjoy time on the beach in Arcachon Bay, France

Last edited by a moderator:
Dmitri seems to have bonded with little Raphael and is obviously very into Charlotte as well.?

I am really rooting for her now, she is thirty-one years old today and seems overdue for some happiness and success in her personal life.

Happy Birthday, beautiful Charlotte!

Aw, little Raphael has grown up so much and looks like a proper little boy now! He'll grow to be quite handsome, I think. I'm glad that Charlotte seems to be enjoying her summer.

Nice to see Charlotte and her son. Must be careful though. She don't want to have too many men in and out of her sons life.

Last edited:
Uhm... It must be quite cold in Pyla... They're all wearing sweaters and coats and scarves... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Nice relaxing vacations for the couple. Fashion-wise, Charlotte has not a nice style at all, to me.
I wish I could see her holding the hand of Raphael instead of the nanny, when she is also in front..

Last edited:
Just my thoughts: Since they are dressed and look like street people, they're certainly making sure no one recognizes them... ?

Honestly, Charlotte has never stuck me as the brightest bulb. She is a pretty standard wealthy dilettante- she dabbles in many things, excels at nothing that I'm aware of, and often seems to relish the appearance of wealth. She's always seemed shallow.

I'm not a fan of hers for that reason and this interview confirms that again for me.

I think she's probably smart enough but intelligence without mental discipline doesn't mean much, at least once you're an adult. She would be taken more seriously, IMO, if she'd spent her twenties and now her thirties nurturing an actual career and becoming well respected in her field by the people on the ground. Then, if she wanted, she could use her money and connections to transition into more of a patronage role. Right now it seems she's trying to have the best of both worlds.

Nice family!
Daria is a beautiful girl!

What lovely pictures!
I have a feeling that this relationship can end in front of the altar!

:previous:Fingers crossed!;)

Raphael seems to adore Dmitri...Carole Bouquet is still stunning...Dmitri is really a good looking man, I must say.

He and Charlotte will have beautiful offspring, if it goes in that direction...:whistling:

I hope that Charlotte and Dmitri's relationship will continue to be successful. They seem like a good couple. Yes, Raphael and Dmitri's relationship is really cute! It's great to see that Raphael has taken a shine to him.

She seems really affectionate with his daughter too. I hope they make the distance aswell. They're a handsome couple and it must be difficult for both of their children to say goodbye to someone they have grown accustomed to.

I think Raphael (aged three and eight months) doesn't remember the time when his parents were still together (and even when they were, Gad travelled a lot, due to his career commitments)
As for six-year-old Daria, her parents divorced last year, but they could have been officially separated sometime earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom