Charlotte Casiraghi and Family Current Events Part 40: December 2015 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The story in the press, the very strong implication( a story I read in Paris Match)-was that it is Charlotte who dumped Alex Dellal as soon as she met Gad.

Both Paris Match and Point de Vue describe the Gad/Charlotte matchup as a coup de foudre, something that was immediate when they met either shortly before or after the New Year of 2012.

Well, that kind of magazine usually make up stories. We know for certain it wasn't like that since Gad himself said to the press that he and Charlotte had been friends for a long time and knew each other well before they became a couple.
He also saif he thought that been friends with her before they became a couple made their relationship more solid. :whistling:

So, no, it was not a coup de froudre and Charlotte did not drop Alex when she met Gad.

Actually, thought we can not know I always thought that It was Alex who had put an end to the relationship because inthe months before Charlotte started dating Gad she was looking very sad and lonely.

Probably, the relationship was just spent. After all they lived in different cities, none of them seemed willing to move and Charlotte was very invested with her horses at that point.

My guess is that the relationship was very tired at that point, and was half dying and Alex just put and end to the agony...

We will never know who ended which relationship unless someone speaks out about it (unlikely), but Alex and Charlotte both moved on quickly and had children with their new parents around the same time.

Gad and Charlotte have a son together so they're in eachothers lives for the rest of their lives. Might as well make the most of it.

Can't believe that kid is 3 already. Doesn't feel that long ago.

Well, that kind of magazine usually make up stories. We know for certain it wasn't like that since Gad himself said to the press that he and Charlotte had been friends for a long time and knew each other well before they became a couple.
He also saif he thought that been friends with her before they became a couple made their relationship more solid. :whistling:

So, no, it was not a coup de froudre and Charlotte did not drop Alex when she met Gad.

Actually, thought we can not know I always thought that It was Alex who had put an end to the relationship because inthe months before Charlotte started dating Gad she was looking very sad and lonely.

Probably, the relationship was just spent. After all they lived in different cities, none of them seemed willing to move and Charlotte was very invested with her horses at that point.

My guess is that the relationship was very tired at that point, and was half dying and Alex just put and end to the agony...

I don't disagree with you that your opinion is a distinct possibility, especially your last statement.

However I do not agree with you that Paris Match and Point de Vue are tabloid type publications that have a reputation for making up stories out of whole cloth.

Can you point to any examples of "made up stories" to support your allegation here?

ETA: Charlotte and Alex did not live in different cities. Charlotte moved to London early in their relationship and for the great majority of that period London was her home, unless she was away riding. She moved to Paris to live with Gad when she broke up with Alex, and to Rome when she ended things with Gad so she could be with Sanfelice.

Last edited:
Moonmaiden 23 , you are right, Point Fe Vue and Paris Match are not tabloids who are making stories which are untrue, The magazine Paris Match is not Bunte, in Bunte, there are only stories about people and very often, they are not true
In Paris Match, we find economic business, politic,articles about the wars in Lybia, Syria, the lifes of refugees , When there is an article about the people, they never do untrue stories fot Charlotte, Paris Match made an article about her love story with Gad when all the medias already spoke about their affair.
Point De Vue is a magazine like the magazine Royals, this newspaper is used to publish true article and never made up stories

Voici, Closer, France Dimanche , Içi Paris, Public are tabloids which are making up stories

:previous:

BUNTE is the worst kind of tabloid... truly vicious and gleefully reporting rumor as fact.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you that your opinion is a distinct possibility, especially your last statement.

My theory about why Alex and Charlotte ended their relationship is just speculation. But the story about how she met Gad and how they started dating is not. It's Gad himself who told so to the press. I wish I could find the interview I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure it was posted in this same forums.
Actually... After a bit of googling. I've found it!
Gad Elma*leh parle de Char*lotte Casi*ra*ghi dans la presse améri*caine - Gala

However I do not agree with you that Paris Match and Point de Vue are tabloid type publications that have a reputation for making up stories out of whole cloth.

Can you point to any examples of "made up stories" to support your allegation here?

Well, Paris Match and Pint de Vue are mor serious, but they don't always check their facts. As stated by Gad himself in the interview I've linked above. If he says himself that it was not a coup de foudre I guess he knows what he's talking about.

Also, are you sure that exct information came from Paris Match. Maybe you read it in Voici or another magazine like that? Remember the many times they've said that Charlotte was pregnant and she wasn't?
Pregnant of Felix when she was just 19, pregnant of Gad when they were about to break up, pregnant of Lamberto last summer... To say a few.

ETA: Charlotte and Alex did not live in different cities. Charlotte moved to London early in their relationship and for the great majority of that period London was her home, unless she was away riding. She moved to Paris to live with Gad when she broke up with Alex, and to Rome when she ended things with Gad so she could be with Sanfelice.
You don't remember properly. When they broke they had been living in different cities for quite a long time. Charlotte moved to London early in their relationship, as you say, but after a year and a half or so, she decided she wanted to go back to riding, and do it seriously and she moved back to Paris. She was training in Fontainebleau every day, tallking about becoming Fan Olympic, and giving interviews where she made clear she was living in France, although travelling often to London. (actually I remember distintly one interview where she explained that she travelled a lot because she lived in Paris, her boyfriend lived in London and her mother in Monaco, which was weird because she talks so little about her private life)
When she started dating Gad she had been back in France for 2 or 3 years.

Last edited:
I definitely read the story about Charlotte and Gad's relationship in Paris Match.

It came out the second or third week of Jan 2012 as the relationship was breaking. Charlotte is photographed on the cover looking radiantly happy as she leaves his Paris apartment and is wearing what looks like a brown suede dress.

I still have the magazine somewhere.

And yes, the relationship was described in both Paris Match AND Point de Vue as a coup de foudre. Just because they had met and been friends for a long time does not preclude the notion of falling suddenly, rapturously in love. Neither magazine has ever reported that Charlotte was pregnant with Felix, Gad or anyone else when she was not.

As melinapremiere pointed out, both are mainstream periodicals and not tabloids.

No, I do not read Voici, have never read anything beyond the (usually) lurid headlines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom